The development of bioeconomy of the Baltic Region in the context of regional and global climate change
Climate change is projected to have a profound effect on natural ecosystems, biodiversity, and societies both in the Baltic region and globally, particularly so through agriculture and food systems. The Baltic region has a vast potential for the development of ...
Variability of climatic characteristics оver the South-East Baltic coastal waters in the early XXI century
... rate of 0.04° С/year. The sea surface temperature simultaneously is rising with a slower rate (0.02° С/year) and the maximum area of the ice field observed in the sea is decreasing (– 112,5 km2/year).
1. BACC I Author Team : Assessment of Climate Change for the Baltic Sea Basin. Berlin, 2008.
2. BACC II Author Team : Second Assessment of Climate Change for the Baltic Sea Basin. Springer International Publishing, 2015.
3. Leppäranta M., Myrberg K. Physical Oceanography of the Baltic Sea. Berlin,...
Climate variability in the dynamics of seasonal development of plants in the South-East Baltic
... events in the regions. Changes in the blossom period of such plants in spring 2012 are compared to the data of 1893 (based on Der Frühlingseinzug report by the Prussian botanical society, 1893). Finally, conclusions are made regarding the impact of climate change on the seasonal development of plants.
1. Баринова Г. М. Калининградская область. Климат. Калининград, 2002.
2. Баринова Г. М., Гаева Д. В. Изменения климата: ...
Climate change in the dry steppe zone of the Tuva highland area
Climate changes correspond to a sinusoidal pattern. The climate warming rate is about 0.077 C/year or 2.23 C in 30 years. Solar-terrestrial relationships are described in the article. Hydrothermal coefficient has decreased by 16 %. A decreasing climate warming ...
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
In this article, I examine climate change facts relating to study objects of different scales, particularly, the Arctic, which serves as an indicator of global processes taking place across the planet. I track long-term fluctuations in the climatic parameters of the Kaliningrad region....
On Estimation of Rainfall Variations over the European Part of Russia
]. URL: http://sgi62.wwb.noaa.gov:8080.
Chen M., Xie P., Janowiak J.
Global land precipitation: a 50-yr monthly analysis based on gauge observations // J. Hydrometeorol. 2002. №
3. P. 249—266.
Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fourth Assessment Report Climate Change 2007/
Bernstein L. [et al.] (eds.).
D., Jones P.
An improved method of constructing ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... methods combined with the empirical and statistical models for the assessment of the impact of industrial fishing on marine environment, minimizing the consequences of storms, floods and others factors. Special attention is paid to the modelling of climate change and geo-ecological consequences, as well as to atlas mapping and landscape planning. As a result of the geosituational analysis the authors got new insights into the solar-terrestrial links, marine-terrestrial ecosystems, global and regional processes ...
Climate change and the dynamics of vector-borne disease rate in the Kaliningrad region
This article considers the morbidity of vector-borne infections in the Kaliningrad region against the background of regional climate change. The author points out the increasing prevalence of Lyme disease in 1995—2008 and emphasises the role of abnormal weather conditions in morbidity changes.
Влияние глобального изменения ...
Some Biotic Reactions to Climate Change in the Forest Landscape of the Caspian-Baltic Watershed
... темнохвойной тайги. М.; Л., 1954.
Сообщества и экосистемы. М., 1980.
регуляции экосистем еловых лесов. Л., 1983.
I Istomin A.
climate change, extreme and catastrophic climatic phenomena, primary
forest ecosystems, southern Taiga, structure, diversity and productivity of
small mammal communities.
Climate Change Impact on the Curonain Lagoon Eutrophication Level
... and chemical indicators. Water temperature is a key environmental factor that regulates the phytoplankton production and abundance in the Curonian Lagoon. The greater seasonal rise in water temperatures in 1990-2000, presumably, a consequence of the climate change, alongside with other factors (freshness, slow water flow) creates conditions for cyanobacterial «hyperblooms». Probably, the 1990-2000 climate warming is the cause of the eutrophication of the Curonian Lagoon, which continues despite significant ...
The bological effects of thermal impact on plants
... identifies the differences in the thermodynamic reactions of trees growing in areas with different seismicity.
1. Serreze M. C., Walsh J. E., Chapin F. S. et al. Observational evidence of recent changes in the northern high-latitude environment // Climatic Change. 2000.Vol. 46. P. 159—207.
2. Минин А. А. Фенология Русской равнины: материалы и обобщения. М.,2000.
3. Roetzer T., Chmielewski F. Phenological maps of Europe // Climate research.2001. Vol....
An assessment of stubble buckwheat productivity in Ukraine in changing climate conditions
... Ukraine in changing climate conditions. The au¬thor performed calculations to obtain information on the agroclimatic conditions of the formation of four agroecological productivity categories for long-term annual average data (1986—2005) based on a climate change scenario for 2011—2030. The calculations made it possible to identify the areas of possible and economically feasible cultivation of buckwheat in Ukraine.
1. Гудзь В. П. Землеробство. Київ, 2010.
2. Смирнов В....
Pollination as an ecosystem service in agricultural nature management
... is conducted according to the productive capacity of plant communities. The 1991—2004 interannual dynamics of providing ecosystem services by the agricultural geosystem was analysed in the case of a model area. The author em-phasizes the impact of climate change on the ecosystem service.
1. Гаева Д. В., Баринова Г. М. Геоэкологические условия производства продукции пчеловодства в Калининградской области // ...
The climate aspect of introducing new North American blueberry taxa in Belarusian Polesia
... Климатические исследования в институте // Природопользование. 2012. Вып. 22. С. 123—140.
Prikhodko S. Pavlovsky N.
Belarussian Polesia, Vaccinium corymbosum, highbush blueberry, introduction, climate change, long-term forecast.
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
... capital. / In: Jansson A. M., Hammer M., Folke C., Costanza R. (Eds). Investing in Natural Capital: The Ecological Economics Approach to Sustainability. - Washington DC. P.128- 149.
Bohle, H. G., Downing, T. E., Watts, M. J. (1994). Climate change and social vulnerability: toward a sociology and geography of food insecurity //
Global Environmental Change.
Vol.4, issue 1. P. 37-48.
Callan S. J., Thomas J. M. (2007). Environmental economics: applications, policy, and theory....
About a role of vegetation of deserts of Central Asia in climate change
... (rubble-rock on hamadas, sand on the beds of temporary streams, plants) in the southern steppes of Mongolia. The authors present a comparative analysis of soil and plant temperature and address the issue of the impact of overgrowing of desert areas on climate change on Earth.
1. Дедков В. П. Экологическая ниша и водный баланс доминантов пустынных фитоценозов. Л., 1989.
2. Нурбердыев М. Радиационный и тепловой ...
Important Staging Sites of Geese and Swans in the Cross-Border Wetland Complex of the Neman Delta
... authors indicate the decrease in the population of Bean Geese alongside with the increase in the population of Greylag Geese, Whooper Swans, Bewick’s Swans and particularly Greater White-fronted Geese. This phenomenon is brought about by the global climate change, changes of the migratory flyways of certain species (particularly Greater White-fronted Goose) and by human impact.
In order to preserve the wetland complex of utmost importance for migrating birds, it is necessary to develop the cross border ...
Climate change in the mountainous regions of the Republic of Tyva: The case of the Bay-Tayginsk district
2. Оценочный доклад об изменениях климата и их последствиях на территории Российской Федерации : техническое резюме. М., 2008.
climate warming, air temperature, soil surface temperature
The response of different plant life forms to natural environment changes
... changes during the vegetation period has been found. Under the stress reaction (drought, illness) the rate of metabolism dark reactions is increased by 2—3 times as compared with light reactions. The obtained results may be use for bioindication of the climate change in the Baltic Region.
1. Ehleringer, J. R., Cerling, T. E., Dearing, M. D. 2005. A History of atmospheric and its effects on plants, animals, and Ecosystems. Ecological Studies, Springer; USA: University of Utach.
2. Govindgy and Colleman, W....
Modelling long-term dynamics of humus content in the mixed forests soils in the Pregel River Basin
... условиях в мире. URL:
(дата обращения: 03.12.2015).
10. Официальный сайт ООО «Расписание Погоды». URL:
(дата обращения: 03.12.2015).
climate change, humus, mixed forest, modeling, Pregolya River, Baltic Sea
The role of endogenous factor in increase of ocean level for the last 140 years
... earthquakes in oceanic regions. It was shown that it is possible to estimate the area and amplitude of the seafloor submergence in the epicenter in relation to changes in water volume. Short-term cycles of sea level fluctuations usually coincide with changes in surface layer temperatures in middle latitudes, which could be regarded as a precursor of anomalous climatic conditions in the Northern hemisphere.
Shepherd A., Wingham D.
Recent Sea-Level Contributions of the Antarctic and
Ice Sheets // Science.
Н., Сократов ...
The major stages in wild vegetation development in the Neman deltaic landscape in the Holocene
... human activity and lake-level changes at Jezioro Linówek in northeast Poland, based on multiproxy data // Vegetation History and Archaeobotany. 2014. Vol. 23. P. 123–152.
14. Lamentowicz M., Obremska M., Mitchell E.A.D. Autogenic succession, land-use change, and climatic influences on the Holocene development of a kettle-hole mire in Northern Poland // Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology. 2008. Vol. 151. P. 21–40.
15. Mayewski P. A., Rohling E. E., Stager J. C. et al. Holocene climate variability // Quaternary ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... cities and towns, and to identify sustainability trends in their socio-economic development. Population change is a reliable indicator of the competitiveness of a city. As a rule, a growing city performs well economically and has a favourable investment climate and high-paid jobs. The analysis revealed that population change occurred at different rates across the federal district in 2002—2017. A result of uneven socio-economic development, this irregularity became more serious as globalisation and open market advanced. The study links the causes and features of growth-related ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... Strategies, Waltham.
4. Arthur, W. B. 2011, The Second Economy, McKinsey Quarterly, October, McKinsey & Company, available at:
5. Bradford, J., Fraser E. 2007, Local Authorities, Climate Change and Small and Medium Enterprises: Identifying Effective Policy Instruments to Reduce Energy Use and Carbon Emissions, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, no. 15, available at:
Remote research on the variability of the thermokarst lake shorelines in the Altai permafrost region
... images. The authors show that the degree of lake shoreline variability is increasing with time. The study results can be used in modeling the fields of thermokarst lakes and research on thermokarst dynamics on permafrost territories in the conditions of climatic changes.
1. Волкова И. И., Волков И. В., Косых Н. П. Горная озерно-болотная система урочища Ештыкёль (Горный Алтай) // Вестник Томского государственного
The geochronology of the Holocene vegetation deve¬lopment in the South-east Baltic region (based on the results of a paleogeographic study)
... complex palaeogeographical study of Velikoye peat bog (the Šešupė River basin, the Kaliningrad region). The pollen analysis accompanied by radiocarbon dating, makes it possible to reconstruct the vegetation development, on the basis of which the climate changes in the South-east Baltic region over the Atlantic-Subatlantic periods of the Holocene can be tracked.
Финальный палеолит Юго-Восточной Прибалтики: состояние ...
Long-term forecast of water surface temperature in the southeastern part of the Pacific Ocean
[et al]. The NMC/NCAR 40-Year Reanalysis Project // Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc. 1996. 77.
An Improved In Situ and Satellite SST Analysis for Climate //
Gordeeva S. M., Malinin V. N., Chernishkov P. P.
seasonal changes of temperature, statistical methods, extended forecast
Spatial distribution of mesoscale eddies in the Southern Ocean as an indicator of climate change and biological productivity of the ocean water
Using satellite altimetry data, the author describes the spatial distribution and kinematic parameters of mesoscale eddies in the Southern Ocean, its seafloor topography and the main fronts positions. The kinematic parameters of ocean eddies are divided into two groups based on the geographic determinism of their distribution. The described spatial and temporal variability of these parameters is indicative of large and medium-scale processes in the Southern Ocean. The research confirms the impact...
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
.... Vol. 3. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins. pp. 122—127.
van Doorslaer, L., 2018. Bound to Expand. The Paradigm of Change in Translation Studies. In: H. V. Dam, M. Nisbeth Brøgger and K. Korning Zethsen, eds. Moving Boundaries in Translation ... ... Interconnecting Translation Studies and Imagology. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
Zacharasiewicz, W., 2009. The Theory of Climate and the North in Anglophone Literatures. In: S. Jakobsson, ed. Images of the North: Histories — Identities — Ideas....
Study of the main features of sedimentation in the Labrador Sea during the Late Quaternary
... время // Океанология. 2017. Т. 57, № 3. С. 491—502.
2. Bouma A. H. Sedimentology of some Flysch Deposits: A Graphic Approach to Facies Interpretation. Amsterdam, 1962.
3. Broecker W. S. Massive iceberg discharges as triggers for global climate change // Nature. 1994. Vol. 372. P. 421—424.
4. Heinrich H. Origin and consequences of cyclic ice rafting in the Northeast Atlantic Ocean during the past 130,000 years // Quaternary Research. 1988. Vol. 29 (2). P. 142—152.
5. Hesse R., Chough S. ...
Kant and the Constitution of Russian Federation
... and the principle of population preservation. A necessary condition for the effectiveness of constitutional provisions is an increase in the moral and cultural level, which can be facilitated by examples of moral conduct shown by the authorities and changes in the educational policy. Thus, at the moment, the moral state of society — the moral climate and imperatives of public consciousness that largely affect the formation of personal morality — seems to be more important than a legal reform. Another important public strategy is orientation towards developing a selfreliant and moral personality,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... approach, Journal of Marine and Island Cultures, Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 27—37.
43. Metchnikoff, L. 1889, La civilisationet les grands fleuveshistoriques.
44. Nicholls, R. J., Wong, P. P., Burkett, V. R. et al. 2007, Coastal systems and low-lying areas. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Portnews, available at:
45. Pullen, J., Ching, J., Sailor D. et al. 2008, Progress toward ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... kul'tura [The Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture], Moscow, Higher School of Economics.
6. Klimat gorodov Rossii [Climate Russian cities], Atlas Yakutia, available at: http://atlas-jakutia.ru/weather/spravochnik/spravochnik.html (accessed 02.... ... Sel'skoe hozjajstvo Rossii na fone Evropy: izmenenija za 1990—2006 gg. [Agricultural Russia against the background of Europe changes for the 1990—2006 biennium], Geografija mirovogo razvitija [The geography of world development], Vol. 1, Moscow.
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... identification of ‘stability limits’, when regions retain their QOL whereas their regional environmental characteristics change. The proposed methodology is based on multi-criteria and integrated approaches, the aggregate index method, and the parameter ... ... Vinogradova, V. V. 2015, Prirodno-klimaticheskie i bioklimaticheskie uslovija zhizni naselenija Murmanskoj oblasti [atural and climatic and environmental conditions of life of the population of the Murmansk region], Izvestija RAN. Serija geograficheskaja ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... (accessed 21 September 2012).
15. BestAgers, available at: http://www. best-agers-project. eu/ (accessed 23 September 2012).
16. BSR QUICK. Summary of the project, available at: http://www. bsr-quick.eu/4.html (accessed 19 September 2012).
17. Co2olBricks Climate Change, Cultural Heritage & Energy Efficient Monuments, available at: http://www. co2olbricks. eu/index. php?id=55 (accessed 19 September 2012).
18. Turning Europe into a true Innovation Union, 2010, Europa. Press Release RAPID, 2 October, available at: ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... fizycznogeograficzna zlewiska Morza Bałtyckiego. Środowisko Morza Bałtyckiego, Uppsala, Uniwersytet w Uppsali.
35. HELCOM, 1997. Airborne Pollutions Loads to The Baltic Sea, 1991—1995, Baltic Sea Environment Proceedings, no. 69, p. 8.
36. HELCOM. 2007. Climate Change in the Baltic Sea Area. HELCOM Thematic Assessment in 2007, Baltic Sea Environment Proceedings, no. 111, p. 10.
37. Flusseinträge und direkte Einträge in die Ostsee, 2016, Umwelt Bundesamt, available at:
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... 1946—2016. The authors set out to identify the main results of Russian-Polish cross-border cooperation in the context of the changing historical and political paradigms in the Baltic region. The authors conduct a brief historical analysis of this sphere ... ... Kaliningrad region and the Polish voivodeships.
1. Alla Ivanova: The best conditions for maintaining security are creating a climate of confidence, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at: