A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
In the humanities and social sciences, the politics of memory and related culture of remembrance increase their significance, affecting legislation, historiography, and political science. This article aims to present key approaches to studying the politics of memory and employ them to the analysis of the politics of memory on the territory of the former German province of East Prussia. The author shows different research perspectives on the key concepts of memory studies. Some researchers identify...
The Embodied Practical Ideal: Kant’s Ethicotheology and Godmanhood
... only as its pure and whole moral attitude through all the maxims and acts. Philosophy would transcend its boundaries if it claimed more and expected recognition of the prototypical theology of the ideal as the content of church faith. But it is not by chance that Kant sets forth the philosophical theory of the archetype as the content of faith in the subjunctive mood. According to Kant, the preaching of the divine character of the archetype as extra-philosophical supplement of the paradoxes and symbols ...
On fate and/or providence in Pushkin’s short story ‘The blizzard’
... borrowed the epigraph, and Burger's ‘Lenora’, which was twice used by Zhukovsky in different contexts. Differences in the functioning of the traditional plot are considered against the background of the interrelation and interdependence between fate, chance, and free will. In a Christian reading, the attitudes of the main characters of the three works to God's providence explain the motives behind their actions, the further course of events, and the endings of the works.
Vasilyev, S. А....
The political debate on the change of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland after the parliamentary elections of 2015
In 1997, the Constitution of the Republic of Poland was adopted. Since then, constitutional disputes have continued in Poland. After the 2015 elections, they sharpened. In addition, Polish President Andrzej Duda proposed a change to the Constitution of the Republic of Poland. This initiated a political debate on constitutional matters. They are the subject of the article. Moreover, the most important current constitutional dilemmas were analyzed. The current constitutional debate refers both...
The project "Greater Eurasia" among the factors of development of the exclave of the Kaliningrad region
... advantageous geographical position in the coastal zone and the region’s proximity to economically developed countries and Russian regions. Deterioration of political relations and the weakening of socio-economic ties between Russia and the West diminished chances of implementing this type of strategy. However, the Greater Eurasia project opens up new perspectives for the Kaliningrad region. The new development strategy presupposes the development of the region as a link of the East — West transport corridor....
Bulow and the "Hottentot bloc" of 1907—1909. Implementation of the "Cohesion Policy"
The article analyzes the tactics of the German government towards political parties in the early twentieth century. The central figure is Chancellor Bernhard von Bülow. The purpose of this article is to analyze the creation and functioning of the Bulow blocand the reasons for its demise.
1. Nipperdey T. Deutsche Geschichte 1866—1918. München, 1939.
2. Bachem K. Vorgeschichte, Geschichte und Politik der deutschen Zentrumspartei 1815—1914. Köln, 1968. Bd. 7.
3. Massow W. v. Die deutsche innere...
Axiological content of the ‘altering modus’ of the inserted texts in the novel Morfo Eugenia by A. S. Bayette
... Естественный отбор. СПб., 1878.
8. Byatt A. S. On Histories and Stories. L., 2000.
9. Hacking I. Representation and Intervening. Introductory topics in the philosophy of natural science. Cambridge, 1983.
10. Hacking I. The Taming of Chance. Cambridge, 1990.
11. Хакинг Я. Представление и вмешательство. Введение в философию естественных наук. М., 1998.
12. Ленс Дж. Сто художников ХХ века // ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... account for five percent of directors in Russia’s ten largest investors overseas. The proportion of female directors in Russia’s 50 largest corporations is similar. This suggests that internationalisation of Russian companies has not improved the chances for women to enter boards of directors.
1. Small and Medium Entrepreneurship in Russia, EIB, available at:
. (accessed 24.02.2017).
2. FDI ...
Poland’s Foreign Policy Mechanisms: Legal Framework and Policy Analysis
... Constitutional Court dated 20 May 2009 ref. No. 2/08], M. P. 2009 nr 32—1748 — poz. 478.
16. Prezydent Andrzej Duda buduje «Międzymorze» — Polska ma szansę być potęgą, 2015, [President Andrzej Duda builds «Intermarium» — Poland has a chance to be a power], available at:
(accessed 20 August 2016).
17. Prezydent Duda zawetował ustawę o ratyfikacji tzw. poprawki ...
Desertion as a Social Phenomenon of Late European Modernity, 1871-1918
... München; Wien; Zürich, 2006.
20. Beryhahn V. R. Militarismus. Köln, 1975.
21. Challener R. D. The French theory of the nation in arms. N. Y., 1955.
22. Choliy S. Die Modernisierung der österreichisch-ungarischen Streitkräfte (1868—1914) — eine Chance für die galizischen Rekruten? // Galizien: Peripherie der Moderne — Moderne der Peripherie? / Hrsg. von E. Haid, S. Weismann und B. Wöller. Marburg, 2013. S. 109—122.
23. Deak I. Beyond Nationalism: a social and political history of the Habsburg ...
The game of Daniel Kehlmann’s novel Measuring the World
... Alexander von Humboldt and Gauss – in their research. The exhaustiveness of the scientists’ multidirectional game strategies is ex-plained by a change in their roles: they turn from subjects of the game into its objects ruled by the Nature, Time, and Chance. The central metaphor of gam-bling defines the composition of the novel and its genre, which can be defined as a postmodernist novel about the incomprehensibility of the nature of gen-ius.
1. Барт Р. От произведения к тексту ...
Language specificity of the texts of political speeches of Angela Merkel
This article discusses the concept of discourse, its special form political discourse, the verbal behavior of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, especially her ability to put into practice different speechmeans in political communications. It focuses on the analysis of the linguistic-stylistic and pragmalinguistic resources realized in the texts of her political speeches. In this article is discovered a new tactic called "tactic of pickup statements minded / opponents."
1. Гаджиев К. С....
The background knowledge as a language indicator of the intentional manipulative proposition
....html. (дата обращения: 15.12.2012).
16. For Russia, this is the end of an era. URL: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/dec/11/russia-protests-vladimir-putin (дата обращения: 06.03.2012).
17. Mr. Putin must not stifle this chance for a change. URL: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/leading-articles/leading-article-mr-putin-must-not-stifle-thischance-for-change-7537784.html (дата обращения: 08.05.2012).
18. Occupy the Kremlin: Russia’s Election Lets ...
Исследования современного маркетинга: вехи пути
... tariffs at tele. ring —the application and impact of an integrated segmentation, targeting and- positioning tool // Marketing Science. 2008. 27 (4). S. 600—609.
2. Bemmaor A. C., Wagner U. A Multiple-Item Model of Paired Comparisons —Separating Chance from Latent Preference // Journal of Marketing Research. 2000.37 (4). S. 514—524.
3. Wagner U., Taudes A. A Multivariate Polya Model of Brand Choice and Purchase Incidence // Marketing Science. 1986. 5 (3). S. 219—244.
4. Taudes A., Wagner ...
The existential strategies of the power over things: labour, acquisitiveness, adventure
Концепции труда в истории философской мысли. Владивосток; Хабаровск, 2003.
Solovyova S. V.
power, power over things, existential strategy, labour, adventure, acquisitiveness, property, chance, creation.
The notion of necessity in the German philosophy of the¬ Enlighten¬ment
... volumes], vol. 3, Moscow.11. Leibniz, G.W. 1989г, Razmyshlenija o sochinenii g-na Gobbsa, opublikovannogo na anglijskom jazyke, o svobode, neobhodimosti i sluchajnosti [Reflexions on the work thatmr. Hobbes published in English on 'freedom, necessity and chance] in: Leibniz, G. W. Sobranie sochineniy v 4 tomah [Collected works in 4 volumes], vol. 3, Moscow.12. Schopenhauer, A. 1993, O chetverojakom korne zakona dostatochnogo osnovanija [On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason] in: Schopenhauer,...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... http://kgd.ru/news/item/26951-polyaki-hotyat-razvivat-maloe-prigranichnoe-peredvizhenie-po-vode (accessed 27.10.2013).
19. Posol Pol'shi: poljaki i rossijane dolzhny imet' shans ponjat' drug druga [Ambassador of Poland: Poles and Russians should have the chance to understand each other], 2014, RIA Novosti, available at: http://ria.ru/interview/20140812/1019699889.html#ixzz3Bzi2hKdY (accessed 31.08.2014).
20. Potemkina, О. Yu. 2012, Problema doverija Rossii i ES v ramkah obshhego prostranstva svobody,...
The position of international community on the restoration of independence of the Baltic States
The separation of the Baltics from the Soviet Uni on was a difficult process accompanied by both political and economic conflicts. The third party in the negotiation process was represented by Germany and the USA. This article sets out to identify the role of the USA and Germany in the restoration of Baltic independence. Historicism and objectivity principles serve as the methodological framework for the research. The regional approach was applied in order to integrate the features of regional development...
Serge Korff, the Last Acting Governor-General of the Great Duchery of Finland
1. Русская академическая группа в Эстонии: очерк деятельности Академической группы за десять лет (9 дек. 1920—1930 гг.). Юрьев, 1931.
2. Georgetown University Libraries Special Collection Box: 13 Fold: 1042 Korff, Serge A. Baron S. A. Korff.
3. Корф С. А. Федерализм и централизация в современной Америке // Современные записки. 1920. Кн. 1.
4. Павлов А. В. Научно-педагогическая и политическая деятельность С. А. Корфа (1876—1924 гг.) в России и эмиграции : дис. … канд. ист. наук.СПб...