Transformation of life strategies of the individual under the conditions of armed conflict
The author investigates the transformation of life strategies of people living in the area of armed conflict in Donetsk People’s Republic. Due to difficult life circumstances, civilians in the area of armed conflict lose their life goals and priorities, and their attitudes and value orientations change. These basic categories are structural elements ...
The international legal regulation of the status of voluntary human shields
The analysis of existing rule of International humanitarian law governing the cases of use of human shields by the parties of armed conflict justifies the conclusion that these persons are a sui generis case and should be regarded as an exception to a number of general rules. As a result, they should not be classified as taking a direct part in hostilities and must be treated according ...
The ‘сool war’ in the Baltic Sea Region: consequences and future scenarios..
... and NATO, whereas the influence of EU institutions has decreased. A deep rift has developed between Russia and all other states in the region. There are five possible mid-term scenarios, ranging from outright confrontation to effective cooperation: an armed conflict, a dramatic aggravation of the current tensions without an armed conflict, the continuation of the ‘cool war’, the normalisation of relations, and a transition to large-scale cooperation. I argue that the ‘cool war’ scenario is the most ...
Household management as seen by the federal military personnel during the American Civil War
... Fought: Family and Nation in Civil War Virginia. Chapel Hill, 2008.
3. Paludan P. S. War and Home: The Civil War Encounter. Milwaukee, 1997.
4. Taylor A. M. The Divided Family in the Civil War America. Chapel Hill, 2005.
5. McCurry S. Women Numerous and Armed: Gender and Politics of Subsistence in the Civil War South // Wars Within a War: Controversy and Conflict over the American Civil War / ed. by G. W. Gallagher. Chapel Hill, 2009. P. 1—62.
6. Walker H. Power, Sex, and Gender Roles: The Transformation of an Alabama Planter Family during the Civil War // Southern Families at War: Loyalty and Conflict ...
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... mezhdunarodnye kon¬flikt-nye sistemy (Sud'ba baltijsko-chernomorskoj sistemy v XVI—XX vv.) [How to live and die international conflict system (fate of the Baltic-Black Sea system in the XVI—XX centuries)], Polis, no. 4, p. 52 —73
39. Ilyin, М.... ... library], Mos¬cow.
43. Smirnov, I. 2007, Mir siloj oruzhija. «Vostochnaja Evropa posle «Versalja» [World by force of arms. “Eastern Europe after the" Versailles”], Radio Svoboda [Radio Liberty], available at: http://www.svoboda.org/content/article/405502....
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... countries of the Baltic Sea region in terms of their territory, population, GDP, foreign trade turnover and the number of regular armed forces. The article stresses the importance of international cooperation in increasing the growth rates of economic development ... ... Russ.)
3. Denisenkov, А. 2016, Military expert: Accumulation of forces of NATO in the Baltics increases danger of the military conflict, Komsomol'skaya pravda, available at:
(accessed 04.07.2016). (In Russ....
Assessment of the efficiency of Russian response to the implementation of US missile defence deployment concept in Europe
... September 2011).
2. V novoj Gosudarstvennoj programme vooruzhenija prioritet otdan vysokotehnologichnym obrazcam [The new state arms program gives priority to the hightech designs], Nacional'naja oborona [National defence], available at: http://www.oborona.... ... Kucherjavyj, M. M. 2008, Geopoliticheskie protivorechija mezhdu Rossiej i Zapadom v vozdushno-kosmicheskoj sfere [Geopolitical conflict between Russia and the West in the aerospace field], Upravlencheskoe konsul'tirovanie [Management
consulting], no. 4,...
Norway’s International Development Assistance Policy in the Current International Environment: Mechanisms of Justification
... effectiveness. The recent shift to social cooperation development by involving NGOs and private businesses and investing in the social sphere is also examined. The a rticle analyses Norway’s official position on humanitarian assistance in crises and armed conflicts. The author examines a number of cases of Norway’s International Development Assistance policy.
1. Bartenev, V. 2015, Svjazka "bezopasnost' — razvitie" v sovremennyh zapadnyh issledovanijah, Mezhdunarodnye process, T. 13, Vol....