Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed and well-formed regions of international cooperation.... ... defining the territory of the Baltic region. The analysis shows three spaces that differ in the effect of the Baltic Sea on their territorial development. This approach proposes... ... Germany, and Poland. The extended definition adds the remaining part of Poland, most Russian and German regions, and Belarus and Norway. The broad definition of the Baltic...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
This article examines policies of Moscow and Brussels in the Baltics since the launch of the European Union’s Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region in June 2009. An increase in the efficiency of Russia’s policy in the region requires not only the development of bilateral ... ... with the region’s countries but also a dialogue with the European Union, the key player in the Baltic. The author identifies Russian economic, military, political, and humanitarian interests in the region, and describes the structure, content, and main ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
At the current stage of social development, particular ... ... — projects aimed at a qualitative breakthrough in the socio-economic development of the countries ... ... addresses the classical concepts of the theory of regional economy and new economic geography and their ... ... and economic objectives of the development of the Baltics. The study contributes to a broader set of ... ... jenergetiki Rossijskoj Federacii [Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, available at: http://minenergo....
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
The Baltic Sea is a unique ecological system, an integral part of the global ecological system, which is in urgent need of protection from destructive anthropogenic impact stemming from the ... ...
14. Kalinin, V. A. 2006. Chemical weapons and ecology of the Baltic Sea. Bulletin of Russian State University named after I. Kant. № 6.
15. Schiewer, U. 2008. Ecology... ... assessment of the effects of nutrient enrichment and eutrophication in the Baltic Sea region. Balt Sea Environ Proc No 115B. Helsinki: HELCOM, p. 148.
20. Flinkman, J.,...
Societal security in the Baltic Sea Region: the Russian perspective
... [World Politics], Moscow, Aspect Press (in Russ.).
13. Vasilchenko, O. 2016, Human Security: on a Concept. In: Akhmetov, I.G. (ed.) Novye Idei v Filosophii [New Ideas in Philosophy], Moscow, Buk, p. 13—19 (in Russ.).
14. Bakuntsev, A.V. 2009, The Russians in the Baltic Sea Region: the Problem of Self-Identification, Vestnik Tsentra Mezhdunarodnogo Obrazovaniya Moskovskogo Gosudarsetvennogo Universiteta. Filologiya. Pedagogika. Metodika [The Bulletin of the International Education Center, Moscow State University. Philology....
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
This article examines cooperation in the electric energy sector in the Baltic region. The author explores the existing undersea HVDC power exchange projects. It is emphasised that cooperation in the electric ... ... Visaginskoj AJeS budet vyshe, chem u rossijskogo analoga [Expert: Cost of Visaginas nuclear power plant will be higher than the Russian counterpart], 2012, The news agency ROSBALT, 15 May, available at: http://www. rosbalt. ru/exussr/2012/05/12/980104.html ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... Federacii. Utv. Minjekonomrazvitija RF ot 26 dekabrja 2008 № 20636-AK/d19 [Guidelines for implementing cluster policies in the Russian Federation.
Approved by Ministry of Economic Development 26 December 2008 number 20636-AK/d19], 2008, Legal reference system «Consultant Plus».
10. Mikhailov, A. 2013, Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region, Baltic Region, no. 1, p. 37—46. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-4.
11. Smorodinskaya, N. V. 2013, Territorial'nye innovacionnye ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... G., Sergunin A. A. 2012, Twin cities: a new form of crossborder cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region? Balt. Reg., Vol. 4, no. 1, p. 19—27. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-3.
2. City... ... available at:
3. Voinov, D. The Hanseatic League, Senator, Information-analytical jourmal, availabl at:
(accessed 10.04.2016). (In Russ.)
4. Union of Russian Hanseatic Cities, available at:
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... [International experience in tourism development in the Russian part of the Barents Euro-Arctic region], Petrozavodsk, 23 p. (in Russ.).
12. Pankratova, A. I. 2018, Study of cross-border cooperation projects aimed at developing the hospitality industry in the Baltic region, Rossiiskie regiony: vzglyad v budushchee [Russian regions: a look into the future], vol. 5, no. 4, p. 83—92 (in Russ.).
13. Makkonen, T., Williams, A., Weidenfeld, A., Kaisto, V. 2018, Cross-border knowledge transfer and innovation in the European neighbourhood: tourism cooperation at the Finnish-Russian ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
... Welcome to the Baltic University, 2016, available at:
Mezhevich N., Kretinin G., Fedorov G.
Baltic Sea region, coastal areas, international cooperation, internal structure of region, Russian in the Baltic region, economic cooperation development
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Yu. 2019, The coastal microdistricts of the Baltic region: the spatial aspects of development, Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region], no. 15 (1), p. 137—150. doi 10.17059/2019-1-11 (In Russ.)
5. Druzhinin, A. G. 2020, The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence. Balt. Reg. 2020. vol. 12, no. 3, p. 89—104. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2020-3-6.
6. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2018, Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning, Balt. Reg., vol. 10, no. 2, p. 100—113. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2018-2-7.
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
(accessed 05.07.2016). (In Russ.)
17. Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M., Korneevets, V. S. (eds.), 1997, Rossijskij `eksklav na Baltike: Kaliningradskaya oblast' v baltijskom `ekonomicheskom prostranstve [The Russian exclave on Baltic: The Kaliningrad region in the Baltic economic space], Kaliningrad, 312 p. (In Russ.)
18. Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2012, Rossiya na Baltike: 1990—2012 gody [Russia on Baltic: 1990—2012], Kaliningrad, 252 p. (In Russ.)
19. Eurostat, available at: ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Protection Agency.
27. Zvidriņš, P., Berziņš, A. 2014, Demographic Development in the Baltic Sea Region, Political State Region Report, p. 53—60.
28. Weitz, R. 2013, Forecasting the Baltics’ Future Security Environment Richard, Diplomaatia, no. 113/114.
29. Winnerstig, M. 2014, Tools of Destabilization Russian Soft Power and Nonmilitary Influence in the Baltic States, FOI.
Smirnov V. A.
political elite, Baltic States, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, forecast, scenario approach
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... ru/upload/iblock/ 1ee/Andrei%20P.%20Klemeshev_43—48.pdf (accessed 15 July 2012).
11. Klemeshev, A., Fedorov, G. 2009, Baltic Studies at the I. Kant State University of Russia, Baltic Region, no 1, p. 95—103. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-1-11, available at: http://journals. kantiana. ru/upload/iblock/107/Klemeshev%20A.... ... %20G. pdf (accessed 5 August 2012).
12. Markusova, V. А. 2003, Citiruemost' rossijskih publikacij v mirovoj nauchnoj [Cited Russian publications in international scientific], Vestnik Rossijskoj akademii nauk [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences], Vol. 73, no. 4, ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... 2011, O perspektivah vzaimodejstvija rossijskoj i litovskoj innovacionnyh struktur [On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovation structures], Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 80—94. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-8.
12. Mezhevich, N. M., Pribyshin, T. K. 2012, Innovacionnaja jekonomika v regione Baltijskogo morja [Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region], Balt. reg., no. 3 (13), p. 59—72. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-3-4.
13. Mäkinen, H. 2012, Innovacionnyj ...
The role of transborder cooperation in the increase of innovative potential of the Baltic region
The article aims at analyzing the role of cross-border cooperation in the development of innovation potential of the Baltic Sea Region. The author analyzes the projects in the framework of the Neighborhood Programs implemented in 2000—2006 and related to the development of innovation potential in the Baltic Sea Region, particularly in the South-East Baltic. The author makes ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
This paper analyses the migration processes and their influence on the transformation of multiethnic population structure in the Kaliningrad region. The author uses official statistics (current statistics and census data), as ... ... Baltijskogo morja [Place the Kaliningrad region in migration processes in Russia and the Baltic Sea Region], материалы международ-ной конференции... ... Interview with the head of department of the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Russian Federation in Kaliningrad V. P. Gorbatenko, chairman of the regional public...
A functional description of the model for the protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea region
... of development and those of environmental security of the countries that have shorelines along the Baltic Sea. Thus, it is necessary to give a functional description of the regional model for the legal protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic region. To this end, we identify the juridical content of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation. We consider the possibilities of the legal protection of the environmental interests in the national and international jurisdiction. The interests ...
The position of international community on the restoration of independence of the Baltic States
... research significance of this study lies in a diverse sel ection of sources and a new formulation of the problem of Baltic independence. The practical significance of the article results lies in the applicability of its materials in the development of Russian foreign policy in the Baltic region, further research on the history of the Baltic region, Germany, and the USA, and preparation of lectures.
1. Chernyaev, A. S. 1997, O M. S. Gorbacheve [About M. S. Gorbachev]. In:Dnevnik pomownika prezidenta SSSR [Diary Assistant to the President ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
12. Veebel, V., Markus, R. 2008, The bust, the boom and the sanctions in trade relations with Russia, Journal of International Studies, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 9—20. doi:
13. Fedorov, G. M. 2018, Russian Federation in the Baltic Region: Political Relations and Economic Development in 1992—2017, Polis. Politicheskie issledovaniya [Policy. Political studies], no. 3, p. 30—41. doi:
14. Djankov, S., Freund, C. 2020, Trade flows ...
Variability of climatic characteristics оver the South-East Baltic coastal waters in the early XXI century
The study is focused on features of hydrometeorological conditions in the southeastern Baltic Sea and their trends assessment for 2005—2019 (climatic half period). The authors ... ... Stendel M. Observed changes and variability of atmospheric parameters in the Baltic Sea region during the last 200 years // Climate Research. 2014. № 61. P. 177—190.... ... temperature over coastal waters of the south-eastern Baltic Sea for 2004—2017 // Russian Journal of Earth Sciences. 2019. Vol. 19, № 3. P. 1—9.
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
The article describes the motives, objectives and findings of preparing a perspective for territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region and discusses issues related to its implementation. Particular ... ... maritime spatial planning and management are key issues to be solved in transnational cooperation
— Gdansk ... ... countries. Warsaw, Gdansk, 2009.
Doctrine of the Russian Federation to the year 2020. Approved by the President ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... Pristatyta Rusijos sulaikymo strategija Baltijos regione, 2015, Bernardinai. lt, available at:
28. Stoicescu, K. 2015, Russian threat to Security in the Baltic Sea Region, RKK ICDS, October 6, available at:
29. Bajarnas, E., Haab, M., Viskne, I. 1995, The Baltic States: security and defence ...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
... survival in the difficult situation of the 1990s, but also as an experimental ground for new forms of crossborder cooperation. The authors arrive at the conclusion that this model proves to be promising for further development of integration processes in the Baltic region. This practice can be applied by Russian municipal, regional and federal authorities in promotion of cross-border cooperation not only in the Baltic region, but also in other regions of the country. Thus, influenced by the successful experience of Baltic frontier cities and towns, the ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
This article considers the development of integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships in 1946—2016. The authors set out to identify the main results of Russian-Polish cross-border ... ... cooperation in the context of the changing historical and political paradigms in the Baltic region. The authors conduct a brief historical analysis of this sphere of international... ... the major areas and tools for collaboration. The authors address research works of Russian (Soviet) and Polish researchers, intergovernmental agreements, EU-Russia crossborder...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
The ports of the Baltic states have been handling Russian cargoes for many years. Thus, there is no apparent need for Russia to reroute all freight flows to domestic ports. It ... ... ordinary competitors, however, the current geopolitical situation has drastically reshaped the framework for transport cooperation in the region. Competition and cooperation strategies are often equally viable for the ports in the Eastern Baltic Sea. Yet volatility ...
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
... Regional Analysis, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 3 (41), p. 50—57. (In Russ.)
4. Kuznetsova, Т. Yu. 2008, Territorial differentiation of demographic development in the regions of the Baltic Sea, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 3 (18), p. 58—62. (In Russ.)
5. Mkrtchyan, N., Karachurina, L. 2014, The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s, Balt. Reg., no. 2 (20), p. 48—62. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-2-4.
6. Sluka, N., Ivanov, D. 2014, Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States, Balt. Reg., no. 2 (20), p. 22—34. DOI: 10....
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
With its exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the region and neighbouring ... ... from major modernisation processes both in the European integration zone and in the Russian Federation. However, a detailed study involving polyscale socioeconomic indices... ....shtml (accessed 12 October 2013).
17. Klemeshev, A. P. 2009, Russian Exclave on the Baltic Sea: Evolution of Exclavity and Ways to Overcome It, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 86—97...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
The economy of the Kaliningrad exclave is not sufficiently stable ... ... factors. This work aims to estimate the current economic situation in the region and explore possible ways to increase the stability of regional ... ... Kaliningrad region], 2014, Report on research work, Moscow, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
2. Gareev, T. R. 2010, Regional'nyj ... ... 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
This article considers the problems of competition and cooperation in the field of energy in the Baltic region, first of all, those related to the export of Russian oil and oil products, the Nord Stream gas pipeline, and the construction of nuclear plants in Poland, the Kaliningrad region, Lithuania, and Belarus. The author shows that, though Russia and the EU occasionally pursue opposite goals, there is ...
The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region
The current development of economic diplomacy in the world is determined by a combination of globalization and regionalization. In addition, it has an economic dimension. At the same time, the Baltic Sea region demonstrates large-scale politicisation of economic cooperation. The development of nuclear power in the eastern ... ... developed specialization of Russia makes nuclear power an important factor in Russia’s economic diplomacy. The promotion of Russian energy projects in the region contributes to the development of a system of mutually beneficial ties. The increasing ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
... Klympush-Tsintsadze I.
Region, Cooperation and
The Historical Structure of Conflicts in the Baltic Area and the Long — term National Interests of Russia // Knudsen O. F. Stability and Security in the Baltic sea Region, Russian, Nordic and European Aspects.
Empire ottoman, le déclin, la chute, l’effacement,
Edition du Félin.
Politics of the
: Dynamics of Cooperation and Conflict.
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... geografov-obshhestvovedov [Social and economic geography. Messenger of Association of the Russian geographers-social scientists], no. 1, p. 258—268, available at: http://www... ... social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija regionov [Piramida of factors of social and economic development of regions],Voprosy economiki [Questions of economy], no. 2, p. 121—131.
20. Fedorov, G. M. 2013, Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU, Baltic region,...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
The authors analyse different forms of environmental education projects and programmes implemented in the Baltic Sea region. The first one is “The Baltic University” programme taught in English. The “Baltic University” is a network of ... ... The Polar and Marine Sciences, POMOR master programme, represents the second form of international environmental education. Russian and German researchers from six universities and four research centres have developed the programme. The target group ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
This article analyses certain issues of implementation of Russian energy policy in the Baltic region fr om the geoeconomic perspective. The purpose of the study is to explain Russian energy policy in the region as dependent solely on the import capacity of its partners. Russian energy policy is viewed as one of the most important activities of ...
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
The researchers often overlook the relationships between Russian and Nordic investment capital; and even less attention is paid to studying the ... ... understand how the competition between Russian and Nordic capital investment is played out in the Baltic States. The study discusses the principles of Russian and Nordic investment in... ... Nordic capital, investment, market development theory, energy, banking, real estate, the regional dimension, the investment climate, EU
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
This article considers the current state and prospective development of the amber industry in the Baltic Sea region. The authors identify the main obstacles to the industry’s development in Russia — poor pricing mechanisms for raw ... ...
godovoy-sotsialnyy-otchet-2016-god. php (accessed 10.10.2017). (in Russ.)
2. On the approval of the Strategy for the development of the amber industry of the Russian Federation for the period until 2025, the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of September 15, 2017 No. ...
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... agentstvo po obustrojstvu gosudarstvennoj granicy Rossijskoj Federacii [Federal Agency for Development of the State border of the Russian Federation], available at: http://test131.artwell.ru/en/pressa/statement/8689 (accessed 22.09.2014)
11. Żęgota, K. 2014, Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia — EU Relations, Baltic Region, no. 3, p. 88-99. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-8.
12. Kartochki MPP est' u 270 tys. zhitelej Kaliningradskoj oblasti ...
The Baltic policy of Germany and current international relations
This article analyses the Baltic policy of united Germany from the 1990s until today. The authors set out to identify the significance of German-Baltic relations and the role of the Eastern policy in Russian-German relations. The method of dynamic comparison between the political ... ... international relations. In particular, it is noted that Germany was most active in the Baltic region in the 1990s, when the country was establishing political, economic, and cultural...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
This article focuses on the cooperation between the constituent entities of the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation and the Baltic countries (Finland, Estonia, and Norway) in the field of innovations at national and regional levels, as well as at the level of corporate cooperation. The author reviews successful implementation of innovation projects within cross-border and transnational cooperation programmes. The most significant projects focus on the development ...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
For many years, the Baltic Sea region stood out for its remarkable stability. The dramatic changes following the end ... ... a profound effect on the territory. However, Russia's cooperation with other states in the Baltic Sea region began to lose momentum. This paper discusses the negative effects... ... Evrope I svjazannyh s nim mezhdunarodnyh dogovorov [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 13.07.2007 No 872 "On the suspension of the Russian Federation...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
This article explores the features and trends in inbound and outbound tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea region (BSR) countries in 2012—2019. The research question is whether inbound our outbound tourism prevailed and how visa-free travel to the Schengen Area affected the number of Ukrainians travelling to the Baltic Sea Region. Two data sources were used ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... predprinimatel'stvo v Rossii [Innovative entrepreneurship in Russia], Rossijskoe predprinimatel'stvo [The Russian business], no. 9 (9), p. 3—6.
7. Medynsky, V. G., Skamay, L. G. (eds.). 2002... ... Kaliningradskaja oblast' v cifrah, 2012: Kratkij statisticheskij sbornik [Kaliningrad Region in Figures, 2012: Short Statistical Book], 2012, Kaliningrad, Kaliningradstat, 183 p... ... territorial'nomu sotrudnichestvu i Evropejskogo instrumenta sosedstva i partnerstva [Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007—2013. Within the objectives of the European Union...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
The Kaliningrad region is developing in complicated exclave conditions, which results in insufficient resilience of its economy ... ... heavily on the results of the survey of specialists working in regional companies. Russian accession to the WTO and the abolition of certain customs privileges planned... ... regional development], 2013, Materials sociological
survey, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, November.
8. Proekt gosudarstvennoj programmy Kaliningradskoj...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
This article considers the possibility of Russian integration into a common research, technological, and innovative space of the Baltic region. The author presents the results of a comparative analysis of innovative development in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries based on the calculation of an integral research and technological potential index for the Russian Federation, the Northwestern Federal District of Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, Poland, Estonia,...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
28. Tretiak, O. A. Rumyantsev, M. N. 2003, Setevye formy mezhfirmennoj kooperacii: podhody k ob#jasneniju fenomena [Network forms of inter-firm cooperation: approaches to the explanation of the phenomenon], Rossijskij zhurnal menedzhmenta [Russian Management Journal], no. 1, p. 77—102
29. Fedorov, G. M. 2013, Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 4—18. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-1.
30. Sheresheva, M.Yu. 2010, Formy setevogo vzaimodejstvija kompanij: kurs lekcij [Forms of networking companies: a course of lectures],...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... in the Kaliningrad region, 2016, available at
(accessed 20.04.2016). (in Russ.)
8. The investment rating 3B1 region, 2016, Rating agency "Expert", available at
(accessed 15.04.2016). (in Russ.)
9. Klemeshev, A. P. 2009, Russian Exclave on the Baltic Sea: Evolution of Exclavity and Ways to Overcome It, Balt. Reg., Vol. 1, no. 2, p. 86—97. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-2-11.
10. Klemeshev, A. P. 2007, Exclavity under globalization: Selected works, Kaliningrad, 211 p.
11. Aksenova-Sorokhtey, ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
23. Zverev, Yu. M. 2008, Globalizacija i Baltijskij region [Globalization and the Baltic Region], Cosmopolis, no. 2 (21), p. 60—67
24. Klastery v Pol'she. 1 izdanie. Varshava: Pol'skoe agentstvo razvitija predprinimatel'stva [Clusters in Poland. 1 edition. Warsaw: Polish Agency for Enterprise Development], 2012, available... ... rossijskogo uchastija v formirovanii transgranichnyh innovacionnyh klasterov na Baltike [On the possibilities of Russian participation in the formation of cross-border innovation clusters in the Baltic...
The regional approach in the policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia
This author uses regionalism as a theoretical framework for analyzing the foreign policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia. Regionalism is interpreted as a ... ... Russia’s policy towards the regions which the Russian elite relate Estonia to — the Baltic States, Northern Europe, and Europe as a whole. The results of the study can further the understanding of Russia’s policy towards Estonia both in Russia and abroad. Lack of understanding sometimes results in sharing the views of...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
This article analyses the issues of EU energy policy in the 1990s-the beginning of the 2000s in order to identify the features of energy supply and energy safety of the Baltic region countries. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the stepwise ... ... Eastern European and CIS countries, are closely related to the energy industry of the Russian Federation. Trying to allow for this circumstance, EU leaders and energy structures...