Economic security of a border region: quantitative and qualitative measurements (the case of the Rostov region)
The article evaluates the economic security of the Rostov region, a western border region of Russia under the conditions of geoeconomic turbulence. Using complementary methods of the economic-statistical analysis of dynamic series and expert interviewing, the author describes multidimensional intra-regional ...
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
... considered as centers of economic and innovative regional development. The article examines a specialized agro-industrial complex that is developing at the interregional level on the coast of the Azov and Black Seas — in the Krasnodar Territory and the Rostov Region. The aim of the work is to analyze the actors, prerequisites and trajectory of the cluster-genesis process, factors of its acceleration and inhibition. The study focuses on the comparative efficiency of cluster forms for the development of the ...
Economic security of the Russian-Ukrainian border regions of the Russian Federation in modern conditions
... compared with the results of long-term statistical observation aimed at identifying the components and factors of economic risks in the regions.
Gorochnaya V. V.
economic security, geo-economic turbulence, border regions, Krasnodar region, Rostov region, Voronezh region, Belgorod region, Kursk region
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... [Order № 668-p of the RF Government of April 16, 2015], 2015, available at: http://government.ru/media/files/ANTtXeAibvOQUysuIxa7br4h3rjptEYS.pdf (accessed 20.10.2015).
14. Rosstat Rostovskoj oblasti RF [The Federal State Statistics Service of the Rostov region of the Russian Federation], 2016, available at: http://rostov.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_ts/rostov/resources/56d86200483036ea845ea4ed3bc4492f/Ин... (accessed 19.02.2016).
15. Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Jurginskogo gorodskogo okruga ...
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
The article focuses on the issues of innovative development of coastal agglomerations, as advancement drivers for the regions of Southern Russia, which experience a reduction in contact potential in modern geo-economic conditions that complicates ... ... expert survey. The study revealed the intra-system mechanisms to compensate for the reduction of codified knowledge flows in the Rostov agglomeration via the active clustering of innovation sector, accompanied by the dynamics of tacit knowledge and the ...
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
... territories of the Northwestern federal district (the Republic of Karelia, St Petersburg, and the Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Murmansk, and Pskov regions); five regions of the Central federal district (Belgorod, Bryansk, Voronezh, Kursk, and Smolensk); and one region of the Southern federal district (Rostov). The methodology of the study consists of using information from the Scopus abstract and citation database to assess the intensity of research cooperation. The findings suggest that the degree of involvement in transboundary research cooperation ...
Innovative development priorities of the major coastal agglomerations of the European part of Russia
... specifics of the agglomeration development in coastal regions and assess their impact on the innovation trajectory of regional innovation systems. The study focuses on the agglomerations in 5 coastal regions of Russia: Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Kaliningrad, Rostov regions, and Krasnodar Territory. The author evaluates the place of coastal and inland agglomerations in the socio-economic and innovation-technological space of the sample regions and determines the development priorities in the aspect of prominent ...
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... study focuses on identifying differences between the innovation systems of northern and southern coastal regions within the same country. The geographical scope of the study is four Russian coastal territories: Murmansk and Arkhangelsk in the Baltic Sea region and Rostov and Krasnodar in the Azov-Black Sea region. Methodologically, this study carries out a comparative assessment of heterogeneity of innovative development at municipal and interregional levels, using four groups of indicators: human capital, economic ...
Some features of external migration processes in the coastal regions of the Western borderlands of Russia
... 'rejuvenation' of the population age structure and at the same time by worsening gender disparities. Applicants to universities and colleges are likely to leave for other regions of the Russian Federation (to the greatest extent this is typical for the northern regions). St. Petersburg, and to a lesser extent Rostov and Kaliningrad are the ones to attract students.
1. Дружинин А. Г. Западное порубежье России: делимитация, структурирование, типологизация // Вестник Балтийского ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Geografiya okeana: teoriya, praktika, problemy [Geography of the ocean: theory, practice, problems], Leningrad, p. 148—161. (In Russ.)
18. Druzhinin, A. G., Druzhinina, S.S, 1989, Economic-geographical aspects of coastal settlement studies (based on the Rostov region). In: Yuzhnye morya SSSR: geograficheskie problemy issledovaniya i osvoeniya [Southern seas of the USSR: geographical problems of research and development], Leningrad, p. 133—141. (In Russ.)
19. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, "The sea component ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... non-primary non-energy products in new markets, Rossiiskii vneshneekonomicheskii vestnik [Russian Foreign Economic Bulletin], no. 9, p. 44—60 (In Russ.).
31. Efremenko, I. N., Karaya, Y. V. 2013, Development of integration processes in the Baltic region countries, Vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta (RINKh) [Bulletin of the Rostov State University of Economics], no. 1—2, p. 126—132 (In Russ.).
32. Khodachek, А. M. 2010, Transgranichnoe sotrudnichestvo makroregiona Severo-Zapad [Cross-border cooperation of the North-West microregion], HSE Saint Petersburg Publishing ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... trendy, modeli [Socio-economic development of the coastal regions of the European part of Russia: factors, trends, models], Rostov-on-Don. (In Russ.)
25. Sukhinin, S. А. 2015, "Primorsky factor" in the modern centro-peripheral structure of the Rostov region: the specificity of manifestation and accounting in the management system, Gosudarstvennoe i munitsipal'noe upravlenie. Uchenye zapiski SKAGS, no. 4, p. 33—39. (In Russ.)
26. The Federal Service of State Statistics, 2017, available at: