Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... not the case in the Baltics. The Nordic and Baltic national models demonstrate that similar financial and economic performance does not translate into similar economic development results. The article tracks ten years of economic performance of the Nordic and Baltic countries and analyses economic models from the perspective of new institutionalism. The authors offer a definition of a ‘successful economic development model’.
1. Antyushina, H. 2007, Countries in northern Europe: knowledge-intensive type of development, Economist, no. 10, p. 29—40. (In Russ.)
2. Auzan, A. A. 2011, Institucionalnaya ekonomika: Novaya ekonomicheskaya teoriya [Institutional Economics: A New Institutional Economics], p. 45. (In Russ.)
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
COM(2007) 160 final. 2007,
Building security in
’s new borderlands, Subregional cooperation in the wider Europe,
The foundations of regions: lessons from
and Nordic countries // Searching and researching the
region: proceedings from an international research seminar on
. 1998. April.
Gerner K., Karlsson K.-G.
Baltic empires, people of the Baltic. Session 2.
The External Economic Factor in the Development of Northwestern Regions: Institutional Support and an Impact Assessment
... international economic cooperation in the international region.
Andreeva E. L., Ratner A. V., Myslyakova Y. G., Glukhikh P. L.
external economic development factor, institutional support, Russia’s North- West, international interregional cooperation, Nordic Europe, features of Nordic regions
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... of International Economics, Vol. 90, no. 2, p. 255—265.
27. Nielsen, S. B., Sørensen, P. B. 1997, On the optimality of the Nordic system of dual income taxation, Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 63, no. 3, p. 311—329.
28. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski,... ... Söderström, H. T., Braunerhjelm, P., Friberg, R., Norman, V., Sölvell, Ö. 2001, Sweden in the New Economic Geography of Europe, SNS, Economic Policy Group Report.
33. Yorucu, V. 2013, Construction in an Open Economy: Autoregressive Distributed Lag ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... offensive capabilities of the US armed forces and its allies and in doing so, it stops performing a purely defensive mission declared by Washington. It is stressed that the deployment of mobile sea- and land-based BMD elements in the Baltic Sea region and Nordic countries will inevitably destabilize the strategic situation and may lead to a new round of arms race in the region. The efficacy of BMD in Europe is evaluated from the perspective of military technology. The system’s potential threats to Russia’s military security and its armed forces are assessed. The article considers measures to enhance national security that could be taken by Russia ...
Development of Aland Islands: major trends and challenges
... periferijnyh territorijah Zapadnoj Evropy [Features of development of business on the island of peripheral areas of Western Europe], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta,
serija 5 — Jekonomika [Bulletin of St. Petersburg University, Series 5 ... ... Pipping, K. 1968, Social and technical change in an Alandic island community, Acta sociologica, Vol. 11, no. 4, p. 207—222.
7. Nordic Islands: no-no land, 1994, The Economist, Vol. 333, no. 891, p. 60—70.
8. Karlsson, A. 2009, Sub-National Island Jurisdictions ...
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
..., Regions and Powers: The Structure of International Security, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 564 p.
9. Ozaliņa, Ž. 2008, European Security and Defense Policy: The Latvian Perspective. In: Archer, C. (ed.), New Security Issues in Northern Europe: The Nordic and Baltic States and the ESDP, New York, Routledge, p. 115—138.
10. Latvijas Republikas Saeima. Par Ziemeļatlantijas līgumu (2.lasījums. Steidzams). — 26.02.2004. 09:36:48 bal013, Arhivs, available at: http://www.saeima.lv/steno/2002_8/st_040226/Balsoj/013....
The prospects of entrepreneurship in the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region
... countries in order to strengthen the participation of small and medium business in R&D and innovation, describe conditions which are necessary for unlocking innovative potential, identify new industries that might become drivers of innovative economy in Europe. The authors also offer a country-specific list of basic markets, which can be developed by small and medium enterprises in a short-term perspective. In the structure of the Baltic Sea region a special position is held by the Nordic countries — Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland — major regional innovators, as well as a group of South-eastern regions that serve as innovation consumers. Best hopes rest with information and communications technologies and biotechnologies,...
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
... Valters, K. 2014, A Bioeconomy for the Baltic Sea Region: mapping fo stakeholders, practices and opportunities, Innogate and Nordic Council of Ministers, available at:
4. Daily, G. C., Kareiva,... ... Latvia. In: Batjes N and Bridges E, Implementation of a Soil Degradation and Vulnerability database for Central and Eastern Europe, FAO and ISRIC, Rome, Italy.
10. Dedkov, V., Nikitina, S. 2015, Nature Management Conflicts in the Kaliningrad Region, ...
Finland’s policy towards the USSR in the 1980s—at the beginning of the 1990s in the Finnish historiography
... C. Crisis Decision-Making in Finland. Cognition, Institutions and Rationality // Cooperation and Conflict: Journal of the Nordic International Studies Association. 2006. Vol. 41 (3). P. 235—260.
6. Hiltunen R. Neuvostoliitto ja Suomi: hyviä naapureita ... ... Helsingin yliopisto, tammikuu 2014.
15. Rentola K. When to move? Finland and the Disintegration of the Soviet Union // Northern Europe in the Cold War, 1965—1990. East-West Interactions of Trade, Culture and Security. Aleksanteri Cold War Series. 2016....
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
... expansion of Swedish and Finnish companies into the post-communist countries of the Baltic Region. Which, in its turn, allowed the Nordic investors to expand their domestic markets. The analysis also shows that the experience of private businesses proves a ... ... Evroregiony: polveka «maloj» integracii [Euro-regions: half a century of "small" integration], Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], no. 2, p. 48—59.
3. Kuznetsova, O. V. 2013, Piramida faktorov social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija regionov [Pyramid ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Dellenbrant, J. Å.
1999. The Baltic Sea co-operation — visions and realities. In: Baldersheim, H., StåhlbergAldershot, K. Nordic Region-Building in a European Perspective, pp. 83—97.
Faculty Report1993—2005. 2005. Riga.
Ewert, ... ... of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) as a Sub-regional Organisation for ‘Soft Security Risk Management’ in the North-East of Europe: Report to the Presidency of the CBSS. 2001, 18 May.
Jakobi, A. P., Martens, K.
2007. Diffusion durch international ...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
... using the potential of state borders as a resource and analyses the creation of tourist attractions and destinations in the Nordic countries. The article explores the degree the state border potential is developed as a tourism resource in Russia’s ... ....06.2016). (in Russ.)
25. Tourists in Yamal this year for the first time will be able to see the edge nyuyu-eastern point of Europe, 2016, Informatsionnoe agentstvo Rossii TASS, February 16th, available at:
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Future: what can be achieved with a Baltic Sea Strategy? Visby.
14. Mungiu-Pippidi, A. 2015, The Splintering of Postcommunist Europe, Journal of Democracy, Vol. 26, no. 1, p. 88—100.
15. Lucas, E. 2015, The Coming Storm. Baltic Sea Security Report, Center ... ... Reinforcing Deterrence on NATO's Eastern Flank, Wargaming the Defense of the Baltics, RAND Corporation.
20. Smith, K. 2014, Bringing Nordic Energy Security to the Baltic States, Center for Transatlantic Relations.
21. States Must Strengthen Security Cooperation,...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
24. Oxelheim, L., Gregoric, A., Randoy, T., Thomsen, S. 2013, On the internationalization of corporate boards: The case of Nordic firms, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 44, no. 3, p. 173—194.
25. Liuhto, K. 2017, Foreign board members ... ... minister signal rising tensions in Russia’s elite, 2016, The Economist, 19.11.2016, available at:
. (accessed 13.02.2016).
33. Pigman, L. 2017, Russian ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... of different countries) cooperation and integration are rapidly developing in the Baltic Sea region. Russia lags behind the Nordic countries and Germany as far as innovative development is concerned; yet our national pace here is comparable to that of ... ... 112—116. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-11.
15. Novaja Evropejskaja strategija «Evropa 2020» [The new European strategy "Europe 2020"], available at: http://eulaw.ru/content/307 (accessed 9 January 2013).
16. Palmowski, T. 2004, Novaja Baltijskaja ...