The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
....es/garzon/psicologia%20politica/N31—3.pdf (дата обращения: 17.03.2012.
3. Declaration on European Identity (Copenhagen, 14 December 1973). URL:http://aei.pitt.edu/4545/ (дата обращения: 24.03.2012).
4. Delgado-Moreira J. M. Cultural Citizenship and the Creation of European Identity.URL: http://www.sociology.org/content/vol002.003/delgado.html (дата обращения: 21.03.2012).
5. European Parliament election turnout 1979—2009. URL: http://www.ukpolitical.info/european-parliament-election-turnout.htm ...
The externalisation of migration control in the European Union: first steps towards the external dimension of the space of freedom, security and justice
... frontières communes, 2000, Journal officiel des Communautés européennes. 22 septembre 2000, no. L 239, p. 19—62.
7. King, M. 2001, Le contrôle des différences en Europe: l’inclusion et l’exclusion comme logiques sécuritaires et économiques, Cultures & Conflits, no. 26—27, p. 35—49.
8. Meloni, A. 2006, Visa policy within the European Union structure, Berlin, Springer.
9. Guild, E., Bigo, D. 2003, Le visa: l’instrument de mise à distance des indésirables, Cultures & Conflits, no. 49, p. 82—95.
10. Guild, E., Bigo, D. 2003, Schengen et la politique des visas, Cultures ...
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... following the EU-Russia Summit, PCE 301/10, Brussels, 7 December 2010.
12. European Union — Russia Saint Petersburg Summit. 2003, Joint Statement of the EU-Russia Summit. 300th anniversary of St. Petersburg — celebrating three centuries of common European history and culture, Saint Petersburg, 2003.
13. European Union — Russia Moscow Summit. 2005, Road Map for the Common Space on Freedom, Security and Justice, 10th May 2005, available at:http://www.delrus.ec.europa.eu/en/images/pText_pict/494/road%20maps.pdf (accessed ...
The European idea in Central Europe and Scandinavia as a part of the security and peaceful co-existence policy in the framework of the postwar planning
... theoretical bases of movements for European unity in Central and Northern Europe. The author comes to the conclusion about the correlation between the “Europe of regions” model and the European unity concept. The ideas of Scandinavian and Central European integration rested on national, cultural and historical connections of the neighbouring countries were expected to constitute such formations, which contradicted and were opposed to by the theoretical framework of Western European integration. On the other hand, regional integration ...
Cultural landscape system zoning of the European part of Russia
... наследия Нижегородского Поволжья : автореф. дис. … канд. геогр. наук. Н. Новгород, 2006.
cultural landscape, cultural landscape systems, cultural landscape zoning, historical and cultural zoning, ethnology, European Russia, regions.
Cultural Islam in Northern Europe
In this study, we aim to analyse the position of cultural Islam in Northern European countries. To this end, we examine publications in major print media. Content analysis of relevant publications gives a detailed picture of narratives produced in mass consciousness as a reaction to the presence of Islam at the local and regional ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... changing nature of American Power, New York, Basic Books.
33. Nye, J. S. 2011, The future of power, New York, Public Affairs.
34. Cerutti, F., Lucarelli, S. (eds.), 2008, The Search for a European Identity: Values, Policies and Legitimacy of the European Union, London and New York, Routledge.
35. Wang, Y. 2009, The Identity Dilemmas of EU Normative Power: Observations from Chinese Traditional Culture. In: Gerrits, A. (ed.) Normative Power Europe in Changing World: a Discussion, The Hague, Netherlands Institute of International Relations.
36. Whitman, R. 1998, From Civilian Power to Superpower? The International Identity of the European Union,...
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
... Аcсоциации россий-ских банков (АРБ) — 2017. URL:
(дата обращения: 25.06.2017).
4. Byrne J., O'Connor T. Creditor rights, culture and dividend payout policy // Journal of multinational financial management. 2017. Vol. 39. P. 60—77.
5. Communication from the European Commission on European Financial Supervision, 27 May 2009. URL:
(дата обращения: 25.06.2017).
6. Council Regulation (EU) No 1024/2013 of 15 October 2013 conferring ...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... the region requires not only the development of bilateral relations with the region’s countries but also a dialogue with the European Union, the key player in the Baltic. The author identifies Russian economic, military, political, and humanitarian interests ... ... cooperative efforts in the areas of common interest such as energy, transport infrastructure, environment, research, education and culture. The results of the Russian presidency of the Council of the Baltic Sea States (2012—2013) are evaluated. It is noted ...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... [Andrey Bely’s theory of symbolism as a worldview] // Symbol w paradygmatach kultury europejskiej. Od czasow antycznych do wspolczesnosci / pod red. A. Borkowskiego, J. Urban. Colloquia Litteraria Sedlcensia. Studia Minora II [Symbol in the paradigms of European culture. From antiquity to the present day / eds. A. Borkowski, J. Urban. Colloquia Litteraria Sedlcensia. Studia Minora II]. Siedlce, p. 37—40.
29. Czardybon B. 2010 (b), Motywy neokantowskie w rosyjskim symbolizmie [Neo- Kantian motifs in the Russian ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... towards the development of transboundary tourist routes and transboundary tourism in the border regions of Russia’s North-West.
1. Ambrose, I., Balmas, S., Barragán Iturriaga, A. 2013, Accessible Routes in Historical Cities: Best Practice Guide, European Foundation Centre, Brussels, Belgium. p. 38.
2. Baltic Culture and Tourism Route Fortresses, 2007, Results of trans-national cooperation in INTERREG-III-B project 2005—2007, Berlin, p. 146.
3. Bâtea (Bota), C.-M. 2014, Cross-border projects means for sustainable tourism development along the Romanian-Hungarian ...
From the idea to the strategy of Baltic Europe
Toczyski W.,(ed.), 1999, Region bałtycki, rozwój przestrzenny, programy, instytucje, Gdańsk Weihe-Lindeborg L., 1998, Cultural Cooperation as Strategy of Modernization, The Baltic Sea Region.
Veggeland N., 1994, Building the Baltic ... ... samorządowej, Uniwersytet Gdański,
Baltic Sea, the Baltic Sea region, Baltic Europe, the European Union (EU), “Northern Dimension”, Baltic cooperation strategy
The Northern Dimension policy: current state and development prospects
... perspectives on Northern Dimension. Tampere: Tampere Peace Research Institute.
21. Medvedev, S. 2001. International Politics, Vol. 38, No. 1.
22. Memorandum of Understanding setting out the modalities of establishing the Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture // EUROPA: the official website of the European Union. 2010. [online] Available at: <http://ec.europa.eu/external _relations/north_dim/ docs/mou_culture_0510_en.pdf> (Accessed 22 July 2010).
23. Northern Dimension Institute // NDI official website. 2010. [online] Available at: <http://www....
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
This article focuses on the dialogue between the Russian Federation and the European Union based on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia “common spaces” — on the economy, freedom, security and justice, as well as in the field of research and education (including cultural aspects). The author analyses the current state of the EU-Russia dialogue (section 1), East-West cooperation in the framework of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (section 2), and the position of the Council of Europe member ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
This article demonstrates the effect of the 2010s migration crisis has had on the demographic development of the European Union. Employing statistics and mapping, the study argues that the demographic development of EU states is not affected by either socioeconomic performance or religious, linguistic, and cultural characteristics. Migration inflow differs significantly by country and EU region. The authors analyse major irregular migration routes and show that their use cannot be always explained by using traditional demographic approaches. There is ...
Between mysticism and technique: anagram the European Baroque culture
... century, shows a rich diversity of literary genres where anagrams are used, and identifies the main trends and techniques of creating anagrams. The article outlines the scope of problems for a future study of anagrams in different areas of contemporary European culture.
1. Алпатов С. В., Шамин С. М. Элогиум митавских иезуитов в документах Великого посольства 1697 г. // Древняя Русь. Вопросы медиевистики. 2014....
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... Kaliningradstat, 183 p.
9. Nikolaev, A. I. 2001, Innovacionnoe razvitie i innovacionnaja kul'tura [Innovative development and innovation culture], Nauka i naukoznanie [Science and naukoznanie], no. 2, p. 54—65.
10. Programma regiona Baltijskogo morja 2007—2013.... ... sotrudnichestvu i Evropejskogo instrumenta sosedstva i partnerstva [Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007—2013. Within the objectives of the European Union on territorial cooperation and the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument], available at: http://eu....
The traditions of Russian and European perception of the state frontier in the conditions of transborder regional cooperation
The article focuses on the state frontier in European and Russian political cultures as a major instrument for developing trans-border regional cooperation. The term ‘state frontier’ is defined through a prism of regional integration processes. The authors examine the role of trans-border relations between Russia and the ...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
... Williamson, J. G. 1965, Regional Inequality and the Process of National Development: a Descriptionof the Patters, Economic and Cultural Change, no. 13, p. 1—84.
9. Solow, R. 1956, A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth, Quarterly Journal of ... ... no. 5, p. 58—73.
12. Sala-i Martin. X. 1996, Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence, European Economic Review, Vol. 40, no. 6, June, p. 1325—1352.
13. Sala-i-Martin, X. 1996, The Classical Approach to Convergence ...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... Labour Market Evidence from Lithuania, Summary of PhD thesis. doi:
2. Haynes, M., Galasińska, A. 2016, Narrating Migrant Workplace Experiences: Social Remittances to Poland as Knowledge of British Workplace Cultures, Central and Eastern European Migration Review, vol. 5, no. 2, p. 41—62. doi:
3. Grabowska, I. 2017, Social Skills, Workplaces and Social Remittances: A Case of Post-Accession Migrants, Work, Employment ...
‘A power of shuffled letters’: anagrams in the European culture of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
This article addresses the history of anagrams in the European culture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. The author stresses the variety of application of anagrams within cultural practices of difference social groups. Promising areas of research on anagrams in the context of European culture are identified.
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... Soviet-Polish friendship, Administration of the urban district "City of Kaliningrad", available at:
14. Polkh, P. P. 2013, The Kaliningrad Regional Committee of the CPSU and ... ... (In Russ.)
15. Results of the Cross-Border Cooperation Program (ENPI) Lithuania-Poland-Russia 2007—2013, 2016, Center for European Projects, Warsaw, p. 165.
16. Sergunin, A. A. 2013, Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous ...
The Notion of Free Will in Sergey Hessen’s Conception of Culture
... “Rehabilitation”, pp. 129-147. (In Russ.)
Dmitrieva, N. A., Vorobiev, M. V. and Mironova, K. Yu., 2017. Man in History and Culture: Forgotten Pages of Russian Neo-Kantianism. Russian Foundation for Basic Research Journal. Humanities and Social Sciences,... ... New York & San Diego & London: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, pp. 89-111.
Hans, N., 1950. Sergius Hessen. The Slavonic and East European Review, 72(29), pp. 296-298.
Hardtwig, W., 2009. Macht, Emotion und Geselligkeit. Studien zur Soziabilität in Deutschland ...
The conceptual framework of teaching primary school children conflict resolution in the countries of European Union
... Non-Violence. UNESCO Interregional Project for Culture of Peace and Non-violence in Educational Institutions.URL: http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/ev.php
Samsonova N. V., Yegorov A. V.
conflict resolution, teaching primary school children, European Union, Culture of Peace, mediation.
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... characteristic of all the clusters (classes of cases) are examined; the relationship between the structural organisation of groups, their cultural attitudes, their perception of environmental risks, and the performance of environmental agencies are explored. An evaluation ... ... Vulnerable and insecure? Environmental and technological risk perception in Europe. In: Telesiene, A., Gross, M. (eds) Green European: environmental behaviour and attitudes in Europe in a historical and cross-cultural comparative perspective, Abingdon,...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... Łódź, p. 103—114.
18. Mazurski, K. R. 2000, Geographical perspectives on Polish tourism, Geo-Journal, Т. 50, no. 2—3, p. 173—179. 19. Yi-De, L. 2014, Cultural Events and cultural tourism development: Lessons from the European Capitals of Culture, European Planning Studies, Vol. 22, no. 3, p. 498—514. DOI: 10.1080/09654313.2012.752442, available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09654313.2012.752442 (accessed: 30.09.2014).
Kropinova E., Kropinova K.
spatial organisation of tourism; ...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
... institutions, regional cooperation infrastructure, operational programmes, as well as the private sector. Political stabilisation and economic development may transform, in a longer time span, the emerging transnational Baltic Europe into a new economic and cultural European centre. The choice of research methodology applied in the study derives from the nature of collected data, i.e. literature regarding scientific accomplishments in the Baltic cooperation, analysis of working documents and reports drawn up by public ...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
... inhabitants of the borderlands, the agreement brings a range of significant advantages relating to the intensification of social, cultural, touristic, and economic contacts. It is worth noting that the agreement is one of very few examples of EU —Russia ... ... thereof observed over the last several years.
1. Agreement on partnership and cooperation establishing a partnership between the European Communities and their Member States, of one part, and the Russian Federation, of the other part. URL: http://eur-lex....
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... Walzer M. 1997, On Toleration, New Haven.
8. Chetverikova, O. 2005, Islam in modern Europe, Rossiya v 21 veke [Russia in the 21st century], February 2005, Moscow, p. 53—77.
9. Atkinson, R., Davoudi, S. 2000, The Concept of Social Exclusion in the European Union: Concept, Development and Possibilities, Journal of Common Market Studies,Vol. 38, no. 3, p.427—448. DOI:
10. Barry B. 2001, Culture and Equality: an Egalitarian Critique of Multiculturalism, Cambridge, p. 36.
11. Brown, A. 2003, Do we need mass immigration? Lancing, no. 6, 150p.
12. Population by religious community indicated, municipalities, 2011, Official Statistics Portal ...
Geography of European Migration
In recent decades, the role of international migration has increased dramatically in most European countries. The growth in migration has made some authors proclaim the beginning of a second Migration Period that could transform the social and cultural identity of Europe. The article presents an analysis of international migration geography in Europe in the last twenty-five years. The authors identify the main trends in migration, provide migration profiles of European countries, and propose ...
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
.... Á. Measuring the efficiency of heritage institutions: A case study of a regional system of museums in Spain // Journal of cultural heritage. 2009. Vol. 10, № 2. P. 258—268.
5. De Witte K., Geys B. Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory ... ... 2011. Vol. 69, № 3. P. 319—327.
6. Charnes A., Cooper W. W., Rhodes E. Measuring the efficiency of decision making units // European journal of operational research. 1978. Vol. 2, № 6. P. 429—444.
7. Ахременко А. С. Социальная ...
The Origin of the Primorskaya Culture (an analysis of the Pribrezhnoe and Ushakovo-3 dig sites)
... Between west and east people of the Globular amphora сulture in Eastern Europe: 2950—2350 BC. Poznań, 1999.
31. Tetzlaff W. The Rzucewo Culture // The Neolithic in Poland. Wrocław ; Warszawa ; Kraków, 1970. S. 356—365.
32. Witkowska B. Corded Ware Culture settlements on Cetntral European Uplands // Sprawozdania archeologiczne. 2006. T. 58. S. 21—72.
33. Włodarczak P. Kultura ceramiki sznurowej na wyżynie małopolskiej. Kraków, 2006.
34. Żurek J. Osada z młodszej epoki kamiennej w Rzucewie, pow. Wejherowski, i kultura rzucewska ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... analyzes the principles of spatial planning, which form the basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation. The following principles are considered and compared for both territories: ... ... reduction of environmental damage; 6) enhancement and protection of natural resources and natural heritage; 7) enhancement of cultural heritage as a factor for development; 8) developing energy resources while maintaining safety; 9) encouragement of highquality,...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... of the project, available at: http://www. bsr-quick.eu/4.html (accessed 19 September 2012).
17. Co2olBricks Climate Change, Cultural Heritage & Energy Efficient Monuments, available at: http://www. co2olbricks. eu/index. php?id=55 (accessed 19 September ... ... en/themes/cross-border-solutions/projects (accessed 17 September 2012).
24. 2007—2013 Kolarctic ENPI CBC, KEEP Knowledge and Expertise in European Programmes, available at: http://www. territorialcooperation. eu/frontpage/project_programme/43/2007 %20-%202013 %20Kolarctic%20ENPI%20CBC ...
Was there ever realism? On the periodisation of Western European literature
... analyzing the restructuring of realism in the literature of the XIX century. In: Mikhailov, A. V. Yazyki kul'tury [Languages of Culture]. Moscow. pp. 43—111.
7. Vaskinevich, A. I., ed., 2003. Theoretical aesthetics of German realism. Brief anthology. Baltiiskii ... ... pisatel'skom trude [About literature, art, literary work]. Moscow.
9. Champfleury, 1857. Le réalisme. Paris.
realism, trend, European literature
Vaskinevich A. I.
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... [92 million zlotys at least spent this year Kaliningradians in Poland], 2014,Pol'skij kul'turnyj centr v Kaliningrade [Polish Cultural Center in Kaliningrad], available at: http://www.polska-kaliningrad.ru/home/10-newsfrompoland/3817-92-000-000-zlotykh-kak-minimum-potratili-v-etom-godu-kaliningradtsy-v-polshe ... ....pl/archiwmu-new/85-wmosg-rzecznik-prasowy/aktualnosci/933-dwa-lata-funkcjonowania-mrg (accessed 31.08.2014).
Kretinin G., Mironyuk D.
Russia, European Union, visa-free regime, local border traffic, border crossing, energy supply, cooperation
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
The Baltic Sea region and the Black Sea area are overlapping regions that have their own political, historical and cultural peculiarities. They belong to the same geopolitical system, within which they are developing two regional cooperation ... ... approach, which will help to determine the similarities and differences necessary to give an overview of two strategic areas in the European context.
1. Aydin M.
Regional cooperation in the
and the role of institutions // Perceptions Journal of ...
The policy of cosmopolitism: from universalism to pluralism
... cosmopolitism is of rather cultural than political nature. Liberal cultural pluralism based on universal political and legal principles (Kant and Rawls) proves to be insufficient. However, it provides the means to solve the problems and to avoid the extremes of cultural cosmopolitism, such as the European “negative identity”, juridification, and new modern forms of identity-centred political moralism akin to the “hyperdemocracy of the masses”.
1. Бек У. Власть и ее оппоненты в эпоху глобализма. М....
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
... intrinsic factor in history. The significance of this factor increased after the Cold War. It was then when the independent Baltic States became a platform for emergence and recognition of the Baltic Sea region. The author focuses on the social and cultural integrity of the region and considers the traditional Nordic countries and the Baltic Sea states as interrelated components of a single region, different from other European regions in terms of economic interests, as well as its natural and sociocultural landscape.
1. Witte, S. Yu. 1960, Vospominanija [Memoirs], Мoscow, Vol. 2, p. 122—123.
2. Karlbek, H. 2002, Russkoe v Shvecii i shvedskoe v Rossii [Russian ...
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
... of translation. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins. pp. 93—107.
Hřebíčková, M. and Graf, S., 2014. Accuracy of national stereotypes in Central Europe: Outgroups are not better than ingroup in considering personality traits of real people. European Journal of Personality, 28, pp. 60—72.
Hu, D., 2015. Translation into Other Languages as a Cultural Disseminator in China. Translation Review, 91, pp. 54—61.
Jakobson, R., 1959. On linguistic aspects of translation. In: R. A. Brower, ed. On Translation. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. pp. 144—151.
Kuran-Burçoglu, N., 2009. Reflections ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... processes related to the development of international tourism in Lithuania are of importance for the growth of economic, social, and cultural welfare. The increasing tourist and recreational attractiveness of such cities as Druskininkai, Trakai, Palanga, Vilnius,... ... Institute-Boston Center, 74 p.
2. Bengtsson, R. 2009, An EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Good Intensions Meet Complex Challenges, European Policy Analysis, no. 9, p. 1—11.
3. Consumetric. Estonian Tourism Board information, 2009, available at: www.consumetric....
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... Kulturos barai [Culture bars], no. 1, p. 2—6.
20. Šaulauskas, M.-P. 1998, Postkomunistinės revoliucijos želmenys: į postmodernią Lietuvą? Sociologija. Mintis ir veiksmas [Thought and Action], no. 1, p. 77—94.
21. Senn, A. 1992, The Political culture of Independent Lithuania: a review essay, Journal of Baltic Studies, Vol. 23, no. 3, p. 315—330.
22. Waltz, K. 1979, Theory of International Politics, N. Y.
23. Wasilewski, J. 2001, Three Elites of the Central-East European Democratization. In: Radosłav, M., Wnuk-Lipinski, E. (eds.), Transformative Paths in Central and Eastern Europe,Warsaw.
24. Gaman-Golutvina, О. V. 2000, Defining the Basic Notions of the Elites Theory, "POLIS" Journal — Political ...
Corporative personnel culture in entrepreneurship
The author discusses urgency and current necessity of the problem of corporate culture for the businessmen of the Kaliningrad region who are carrying out activity on territory surrounded by the EU. He gives special attention to fitting the European norms of corporate culture in conditions of economy globalization.
К вопросу формирования корпоративной культуры на предприятиях Калининградской области // 3-я Международная ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... both global integration and disintegration patterns, coastal infrastructure, geopolitical and geoeconomic ‘neighbourhood’, cultural excellence, and business and investment environment.
1. Druzhinin, A. G. (ed.) 2017, Transgranichnoe klasteroobrazovanie ... ... Rossii: faktory, modeli, ekonomicheskie i ekisticheskie effekty [Transboundary cluster formation in the coastal zones of the European part of Russia: factors, models, economic and telecommunication effects], Rostov-on-Don, 421 p. (in Russ.)
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
32. Barreto, A. 2003, Social Change in Portugal: 1960—2000, In: Pinto, A. C. Contemporary Portugal Politics, society and culture, N. Y., p. 159—182.
33. Blackburn, S., Marques, C. 2013, Mega-urbanization on the coast. In: Pelling, M., Blackburn,... ... Santiago.
36. Izci, R. 2004, How to interpret sustainability in the Mediterranean. In: Xuereb, P. G. (ed.) The Mediterranean's European challenge. Msida, Vol. 5, The European Union and the Mediterranean, p. 611—628.
37. Hynes, S., Farrelly, N. 2012, Defining ...
Reminiscences of Russian culture in A. S. Byatt’s novel The Children’s Book
... and real (Stepnyak, Kropotkin) images of Russian anarchists are given in the perception of the British. The author comes to the conclusion that the reminiscences of Russian culture do not so much support the national myth as they reveal the state of European culture on the eve of the First World War. The author focuses on the references to the Russian tomb (Raca or reliquary) at the beginning of the novel and Diaghilev’s ballet “Petrushka” in the last part. These reminiscences are closely related to ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
...?Action=Details&Item=485 (accessed 17.07.2017).
28. ESPON (European Observation Network, Territorial Development and Cohesion, 2013, ESaTDOR European Seas and Territorial Development, Opportunities and Risks, report 25 April, available at:
http://www.espon.eu/export/sites/default/Documents/Projects/AppliedResearch/ESaTDOR/FR_160413/ESaTDO.... ... — perspektywy, Biuletyn — Polski Instytut Spraw Międzynarodowych, no. 46, p. 479—482.
32. Gimbutas, M. 1965, Bronze Age Cultures in Central and Eastern Europe, Paris, The Hague, London.
33. Grzelakowski, A. 2010, Region Morza Bałtyckiego — strategie ...
Mapping Poetic Bilingualism in Europe: Language Contacts and Cultural Transfers
... geographical map, locating areas where multilingual poetic production is or was most active. The scope of the mapping is limited to European countries and areas with bilingual or multilingual population. The article also discusses theoretical and practical challenges ... ... Feschenko et al., eds. Lingvistika i semiotika kul'turnykh transferov: metody, printsipy, tekhnologii [Linguistics and semiotics of cultural transfers: methods, principles, technologies]. Moscow, p. 255—307.
2. Alekseev, M. P., ed., 1981. Mnogoyazychie i ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... 1976—1990, Moscow, p. 1—9. (in Russ.)
21. List of historical settlements of the RSFSR. Fast. Collegium of the Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR of February 19, 1990, No. 12. (in Russ.)
22. Tikhomirov, M. N. 1956, Starorusskie goroda [Old Russian towns],... ... Kasanko, M., Barredo, J. I., Lavalle, C. et al. 2006, Are Europeancities Becousing Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol.77, no. 1—2, p. 111—130.
33. Kosinski, L. 1967, Geografia ludnosc,...
Historical realia in teaching Russian as a foreign language
... inostrannyi v istorii stanovleniya evropeiskogo obraza Rossii [Russian as a foreign language in the history of the becoming of European image of Russia]. Moscow.
5. Prokhorov, Yu. E., Sternin, I. A., 2006. Russkie: kommunikativnoe povedenie [Russians: communicative ... ... lingvostranovedcheskii slovar' [Russia. The great linguistic and regional studies dictionary]. Moscow.
historical realia; linguistic and cultural studies; national cultural connotation; non-equivalent, background, and connotative lexis; onomastics