Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... report 25 April, available at:
29. Fedorov, G.M, Korneevets, V.S, Tarasov, I. N., Chasovskiy, V. I. 2016, Russia among the Countries of the Baltic Region, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, no. 6 (4), p. 1502—1506.
30. Flotow, L., Mentzel, T. 1998, The Baltic Sea Region: Business and Industry, Politics, Developments and Trends, Hagbarth Publications.
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... Baltic News Network, available at: http://bnn-news.ru/goskontrol-obnaruzhilryad-narusheniy-v-rabote-rizhskogo-svobodnogo-porta-82826 (accessed 18.02.2013).
8. Shulga, I. 2005, Reformirovanie jelektrojenergetiki stran Baltii [Power Industry Reform Baltic countries], Jenergorynok [Energy Market], no. 4, available at:http://www.e-m.ru/archive/articleser.asp?aid=5215 (accessed 07.11.2013).
9. Butkjavichjus udivlen zajavleniem prezidenta Jestonii ob AJeS [Butkevičius surprised by the statement of the President ...
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Challenges and Perspectives of International Cooperation
... very idea of the Strategy, as well as its actual implementation in intergovernmental relations of the BSR countries. The main factor hampering the Strategy activities is ignoring the key role of Russia the BSR. At the same time, Russia and some non-BSR countries are already members of all significant BSR cooperation instruments. Therefore, there is a need to supplement the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region with the Northern Dimension project. The innovative nature of macroregional cooperation in the Baltic Sea region is manifested in interpreting the region as an indivisible whole rather than an administrative unite serving as a pla tform ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Gabarta, A. A. 2017, Social and economic model of Central European countries, Sovremennaya Evropa [Contemporary Europe], no. 7, p. 104—113 (In Russ.).
23. Drynochkin, A. V. 2015, Problems of economic evaluation of the transformation of the Visegrad countries, Sovremennaya Evropa [Contemporary Europe], no. 6, p. 50—59. doi:
24. Druzhinin, P. V., Prokopyev, E. A. 2018, An Assessment of the Economic Performance of the EU Baltic Region States, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 4—18. doi:
25. Vorotnikov, V. V. 2019, Euro-Atlantic Integration of the Baltic States: Some Results, Sovremennaya Evropa [Contemporary Europe], no. 7, p. 124—135....
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... grouping them according to the similarity of their characteristics requires a variety of methods — the economic, statistical, cartographic, graphic-analytical methods, to name just a few. In the late 1980s — early 1990s, there were three socialist countries in the Baltic Sea region. They were signatories of the Warsaw Pact and members of the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (the Soviet Union, Poland and East Germany). The Baltic Sea region housed four market economies (Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Germany)....
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... in the Baltics since the launch of the European Union’s Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region in June 2009. An increase in the efficiency of Russia’s policy in the region requires not only the development of bilateral relations with the region’s countries but also a dialogue with the European Union, the key player in the Baltic. The author identifies Russian economic, military, political, and humanitarian interests in the region, and describes the structure, content, and main areas of the implementation of the EU Baltic strategy in 2009—2013. The article examines the ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
This article examines cooperation in the electric energy sector in the Baltic region. The author explores the existing undersea HVDC power exchange projects. It is emphasised that cooperation in the electric energy sector is concentrated largely in the EU member states despite earlier plans to establish the Baltic energy ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... the region and put forward a hypothesis about the prerequisites of their formation. The methodological framework of the research is an integrated case study. The article considers the processes of transboundary and transnational regionalisation in the countries of the Baltic region aimed at the development of international clusters. ‘International cluster’ is defined as a new form of spatial economy. The author identifies and maps organised international clusters and cluster initiatives in the Baltic Sea region ...
Societal security in the Baltic Sea Region: the Russian perspective
... separatism, large-scale migration, climate change, natural and man-made catastrophes, transnational organized crime and cybercrime, international terrorism, so-called hybrid threats, disharmony between education systems, etc. In 2017, Russia and other Baltic countries agreed that the Council of the Baltic Sea States would be the regional institution to implement a common societal security strategy exemplified by the Baltic 2030 Agenda Action Plan.
1. Buzan, B., Wæver, O., de Wilde, J. H. 1998, Security: ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... of the Baltic States play a salient role in this process and enhance ties with the elites of the Eastern Europe, expert and political communities of the Western Europe and USA. The dominant trends in the development of the historical politics in the Baltic countries are the administrative and legislative instruments for approval of the preferred narratives of the past, as well as an active political work at the international level aimed at the inclusion of the Baltic narratives of the past into the European ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... the Russian Federation], Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 55—63. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-6.
7. Klemeshev, A. P. 2011, Sravnitel'naja ocenka innovacionnogo potenciala stran Baltijskogo regiona [A comparative assessment of the innovative potential of the Baltic region countries], Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 48—54. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
8. Klemeshev, A. P., Fedorov, G. M. 2004, Ot izolirovannogo jeksklava — k «koridoru razvitija». Al'ternativy rossijskogo jeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated enclave — ...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
... competition in the Baltic Sea region, are an inherent feature of the region from the beginning of its civilization development. Since 2004, the Baltic Sea has become an internal sea of the European Union. This fact no doubt strengthened the cooperation of the countries in the region. In many spheres, these ties take the form of networking. The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region is an important stimulus for further integrations. The objective of the article is to identify changing trends and the structural transformation in the Baltic integration process instigated by the implementation of this strategy. The ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Innovative Perspectives, 29—30 October 2020, Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/202022001041.
29. Klemeshev, A. P., Korneevets, V. S., Palmowski, Т.,Studzieniecki, Т., Fedorov, G. M. 2017, Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region, Balt. Reg., vol. 9, no. 4, p. 7—28. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2017-4-1.
30. Balcerzak, A. P., Pietrzak, M. P. 2016, Application of TOPSIS Method for Analysis of Sustainable Development in European Union Countries. In: Loster, T., Pavelka, T. (eds.) The 10th International Days of Statistics and Economics, Conference Proceedings, September 8—10, 2016, Prague, Libuse Macakova, Melandrium, p. 82—92, available at:
. repec. org/bookchap/pesecchap/19....
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... reflect the performance of universities in terms of research journal publications and the development of research cooperation in the field of Baltic studies. The authors consider the dynamics of research contribution and academic cooperation in the Baltic Sea countries in four leading fields — i. e. agricultural and biological sciences, Earth sciences, ecology and social sciences presented in the SciVerse Scopus scientometric database. The article provides a map of research cooperation in the Baltic Sea ...
The position of international community on the restoration of independence of the Baltic States
... in a scientific evaluation of the Soviet-Baltic relations in 1989—1991. This study can help understand the mechanisms of formulation of foreign policy by the USA, Germany, and the USSR, as well as the practice of political interaction between these countries and the Baltic States. The materials and conclusions of this article can be used for further research on the foreign policies of the USA, Germany, the USSR, and the Baltic republics. In the process of the Baltics gaining their independence, western countries ...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... in the Baltics. The Nordic and Baltic national models demonstrate that similar financial and economic performance does not translate into similar economic development results. The article tracks ten years of economic performance of the Nordic and Baltic countries and analyses economic models from the perspective of new institutionalism. The authors offer a definition of a ‘successful economic development model’.
1. Antyushina, H. 2007, Countries in northern Europe: knowledge-intensive type of ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... [Vestnik MSU. Series 12. Political sciences], no. 2, p. 8.
3. Mezhevich, N. М., Shadurski, А. V., Grozovsky, А. М. 2013, Otnoshenija Rossii i stran Pribaltiki: ot upushhennyh vozmozhnostej k real'nym perspektivam [Relations between Russia and the Baltic countries from missed opportunities to real prospects], St. Petersburg.
4. Plohie predchuvstvija. Telemost s istorikom Alekseem Millerom [Bad feeling. Teleconference with historian Alexei Miller], 2015, available at: http://gefter.ru/archive/14325 (accessed ...
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... countries of the region have announced several LNG terminal construction projects. The European Union will provide political and financial support to only one of these projects. The paper explores the role of gas and energy in the economy of the Eastern Baltic countries. The author concludes that the countries mostly dependent on Russian gas are Lithuania and Latvia. The announced LNG terminal projects are being reviewed in detail. Their necessity is estimated from the perspective of the current and future ...
The role of transborder cooperation in the increase of innovative potential of the Baltic region
... potential of the Baltic Sea Region. The author analyzes the projects in the framework of the Neighborhood Programs implemented in 2000—2006 and related to the development of innovation potential in the Baltic Sea Region, particularly in the South-East Baltic. The author makes the conclusion about the need to increase the share of innovative projects with the participation of the regions of North-West of Russia; actors fr om the Nordic countries, wh ere regional cooperation is an important engine for innovation development, should be actively involved in these projects.
1. Инновационная деятельность и трансграничное сотрудничество ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic Sea Region. Balt. Reg., vol. 12, no. 3, p. 127—146. doi: 10.5922/2078-8555-2020-3-8.
17. Gorina, G., Barabanova, V. 2019, Marketing aspects of developing tourism services market in Ukraine & the Baltic countries, Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 39—47. doi:
18. Zaitseva, N. A., Kropinova, E. G. 2016, Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Collapse of 2020: Learnings from the 2008—09 Great Trade Collapse, VoxEU.org, available at:
. org/article/greater-trade-collapse-2020 (accessed 5 August 2020).
Simachev Y. V., Fedyunina A. A., Averyanova Y. V.
global value chains, Baltic countries, Russia, Covid-19 pandemic
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... significance. On the one hand, the three Baltic States are a part of the post-Soviet space. The nature, success or failures of their economies contribute to a more accurate assessment of Russia’s development. On the other hand, it is the second decade of the Baltic States’ EU membership, and the countries’ experience is very relevant. The article identifies and analyses key characteristics of the Baltic States’ economic model. The author puts forward a hypothesis on two stages of the economic transformation undergone by the Baltic States....
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
... population of Lithuania in the second half of XX — beginning of XXI centuries, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal, no 14, p. 74—84. (In Russ.)
8. Nurmela, K., Osila, L., Leetmaa, R. 2014, A comparative analysis of the active ageing policies in the Baltic countries, Tallinn, 50 p.
9. Apsite, E., Krišjāne, Z., Berzins, M. 2012, Emigration from Latvia under economic crisis conditions, International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, Vol. 31, p. 134—138.
10. Berzins, A., Zvidrins, P. 2011,...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... Studies & Reports, no. 98, Notre Europe — Jacques Delors Institute, available at:
31. Ozonis, A. 1994, The Policies of the Baltic Countries Vis-à-vis the CSCE, NATO and WEU, The Foreign Policies of the Baltic Countries: Basic Issues, p. 49—50.
32. Haab, M. 1998, Potentials and Vulnerabilities of the Baltic States. In: Hansen, B., Heurlin, B. (eds.) The Baltic States in World ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... since the end of the second Iraq war the American elite has been divided along ideological lines into adherents of the chaos theory and traditionalists thinking in terms of sharing control with the other centres of global power. The US strategy in the Baltic region does not seek an open military conflict with Russia. On the contrary, the US strives to preserve the current level of confrontation between Russia and the EU, convincing the latter of the reality of the Russian threat. Countries that traditionally support confrontation with Russia, Poland and the Baltics, serve as a conduit for Washington strategy in Europe and a cordon sanitaire. This function is implemented through the Intermarium project meant to separate Russia ...
Countries of the Baltic Region in the Global Culinary Space
... Baltic culinary space incorporates the world’s leading cuisines (Italian, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) as well as the local cuisines of the BSR countries. The world’s leading cuisines prove to be more influential in the region than the local ones. Some countries of the Baltic Sea region (Russia, Poland, Sweden, Latvia, and Denmark) have culinary sovereignty, since their residents prefer national cuisines. In some other countries of the region (Finland, Estonia, and Lithuania), the public favours the world’s leading ...
Evaluating the impact of integration processes on the ethnopolitical competition of languages in the Baltic Region
... Soderzhanie ponyatiya «yazykovaya situatsiya» v otechestvennoi izarubezhnoi literature [The content of the concept of “language situation” in domestic and foreign literature], The decision of the national language issues in the modern world. CIS and Baltic Countries, Azbukovnik, p. 81—90 (in Russ.).
9. Kryuchkova, T. B. 2010, O ponyatiino-terminologicheskom apparate opisaniya yazykovogo sostoyaniya [On the conceptual and terminological apparatus for describing the language state], The decision of the ...
A functional description of the model for the protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea region
... ecosystems. This calls for a study of the legal protection of Russia’s environmental interests in the Baltic Sea region. There is no legal mechanism for ensuring a balance between the interests of development and those of environmental security of the countries that have shorelines along the Baltic Sea. Thus, it is necessary to give a functional description of the regional model for the legal protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic region. To this end, we identify the juridical content of the environmental ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... political elite of Latvia and Estonia: Perspectives "(de) sealing"]. In: Gaman Golutvina, O. V., Klemeshev, A. P. (eds.) Politicheskie elity v staryh i novyh demokratijah [Political elites in old and new democracies], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, p. 215.
4. Ruus, Ja. 2012, Elity etnicheskih men'shinstv v postkommunisticheskih stranah. Sluchaj Estonii [The elites of ethnic minorities in post-communist countries. The case of Estonia]. In: Gaman Golutvina, O. V., Klemeshev, A. P. (eds.) Politicheskie elity v staryh i novyh demokratijah [Political elites in old and new democracies], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, p. 226.
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
Blažauskas N., Fedorov G., Klimenko N.
et al. Potentials of the east — Baltic States, Russia and Belarus // Ibid. P. 569—586.
Cieślak A., Jakubowska P.
et al. Compendium on Maritime Spatial Planning systems in the Baltic Sea Region countries. Warsaw, Gdansk, 2009.
Doctrine of the Russian Federation to the year 2020. Approved by the President of the Russian Federation on 27 July 2001.
Long Term Perspective for the Territorial Development of the Baltic Sea ...
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
... the forefront in the Baltic region. At the same time, there is a need to consider EU’s recent adoption of a common seven-year financial program (2014—2020), which serves, in effect, as the Union’s budget. Given that, one may conclude that the countries of the Baltic region are entering a new stage of development. We look at the role and significance of transportation and energy projects as an instrument of economic development. Having studied the largest transport and energy projects in the Baltic region, ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
This article analyses the issues of EU energy policy in the 1990s-the beginning of the 2000s in order to identify the features of energy supply and energy safety of the Baltic region countries. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the stepwise description of actions taken by EU leaders and EU member states in order to formulate a common European energy policy. The 2004 EU enlargement posed the problem of taking ...
The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region
... large-scale politicisation of economic cooperation. The development of nuclear power in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea is indicative of the effectiveness of political and economic cooperation in the region. The author believes that Russia and the three Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have the economic and technological opportunities for building up cooperation in the field of energy. This points to a question whether the traditional patterns of relations that developed among these countries in the past can be changed. A more pronounced international division of labour accompanied by the historically developed specialization of Russia makes nuclear power an important factor in Russia’s economic diplomacy. The promotion of Russian ...
The Visegrad Group and the Baltic Assembly: coalitions within the EU as seen through Russian foreign policy
... Concepts, Types and Critique — With a Transatlantic Focus, Atlantic Future Working Paper, no. 38, p. 3—7. doi:
18. Maksimtsev, I.A., Mezhevich, N.M., Koroleva A. V. 2017, Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models, Balt. Reg., vol. 9, no. 1, p. 41—54. doi:
19. Mezhevich, N. 2016, Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project, Balt. Reg., vol. 8, no.1, p.17—32....
The transformation of the Baltic countries’ political elites: general and specific features
This research focuses on the features and transformations of power groups and their role in the political life of the societies of the Baltic countries. This article aims to analyse structural and functional changes in the composition of the Baltic political elites after these countries gained independence in the 1990s. The main objective of this research is to reveal the general and the specific ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... identifies cross-border and transnational clusters. The paper considers the features of international clusters in the Baltic Sea region, as well as certain cases of implementation of national and international cluster policy. A comparative analysis of the Baltic Sea region provides a basis for identifying countries with high concentration of international clusters such as the Scandinavian countries and Germany. Also, the analysis indicates the potential participants of international clusters, namely the Baltics and Poland as they are involved in a large ...
An Assessment of the Economic Performance of the EU Baltic Region States
... economic performance of the developed (Germany, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden) and Eastern European countries (Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) during the integration of the latter states into the EU. Performance dynamics is analyzed for eight EU Baltic Sea Region countries. Three Russian Baltic regions constitute a control group. The authors conduct a production-function-based comparative analysis of development dynamics in individual countries to identify distinctive features for each group. Despite a rapid growth ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
... contemporary content, prospects], 2011, available at: http://www.regnum.ru/news/polit/1320221.html (accessed 30 April 2012).
5. Chekalina, T. N. 2001, Rossija i strany Pribaltiki: itogi i perspektivy jekonomicheskogo sotrudnichestva [Russia and the Baltic countries: results and prospects for economic cooperation], Vneshnejekonomicheskij bjulleten' [External economic bulletin], no. 12, p. 25—30.
6. Stanchinsky, G. A. 1994, Russkie i balty: jetnosociologicheskij ocherk [Russian and Balts: ethno-sociological ...
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
12. Russian Foreign Ministry, available at: http://www.mid.ru/brp_4.nsf/newsline/E47437042173F9B643257 DCB004C2386 (accessed 21.01.2015).
13. Olenchenko, V. A. 2012, Strany Baltii: osobennosti sovremennogo jetapa razvitija. God planety [The Baltic countries: features of the present stage of development. Year of the Planet], Moscow, p. 480.
14. Sledovateli prishli v Oriflame po "staromu delu" [Investigators came to Oriflame by "old case"], 2014, the RBC, available at: http://top....
The Chinese Diaspora in the EU Countries
This article is a further contribution to the discourse of ethnic ‘diffusion’ in European countries. The debate started on the pages of the Baltic Region journal by three authors — Yu. N. Gladky, I. Yu. Gladky, and K. Yu. Eidemiller . We assume that Europe has been a major centre of attraction for immigrants in recent decades and a site for the rapid emergence of ethnic communities. ...
Tourism and the structure of attractiveness of the Baltic region metropolises
International tourism is playing an increasingly important part in the life of all the nine countries of the Baltic region. In this contribution, I analyse the statistical data for 2010—2017 regarding the numbers of arrivals of international tourists and international tourism revenues in the Baltic region. Regional metropolises, which include nine capitals ...
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
....delfi. lv/news/daily/latvia/mid-latvii-isklyuchil-razmeschenie-gigantskih-baz-nato-na-territorii-strany.d?id=44932342 (accessed 09.11.2014).
14. Rossijskie jeksperty: strany Baltii priblizjat jekonomiku Rossii k evropejskoj [The Russian experts: the Baltic countries will bring the Russian economy to the European], 2003, DELFI.LV, 16 May, available at: http://rus.delfi.lv/news/daily/latvia/rossijskie-eksperty-strany-baltii-priblizyat-ekonomiku-rossii-k-evropejskoj.d?id=5419154. (accessed 09.11. 2014).
Multidimensional poverty in the Baltic States in the EU context: theoretical and practical aspects
... and such non-monetary component as access to social services. Despite the versatility and severity of multidimensional poverty in some European countries, this phenomenon has not been sufficiently explored in socio-economic studies carried out in the Baltic countries of the EU — Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia. This article aims to identify the characteristics of multidimensional poverty in the Baltic countries and the EU. Its objective is to examine the spread of multidimensional poverty in the Baltic ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
This article focuses on the cooperation between the constituent entities of the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation and the Baltic countries (Finland, Estonia, and Norway) in the field of innovations at national and regional levels, as well as at the level of corporate cooperation. The author reviews successful implementation of innovation projects within cross-border and transnational ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
11. Commission Staff Working Paper. Appendix to the report of the Commission, addressed the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea, 2009, Action Plan, Brussels, SEC,712/2, available at: http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/russia/documents/eu_russia/action_plan_ru.pdf
(accessed 2 June 2012).
12. Rossija i strany — chleny Evropejskogo sojuza. 2011: Stat. sb [Russia and the countries — members of the European Union. 2011: Statistical Yearbook], 2011, Moscow, Rosstat, available at: http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat/rosstatsite/main/publishing/catalog/statisticCollections/doc_1137677636609 (accessed 20 April 2012)....
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
... the other. This study aims to consider the theoretical and practical aspects of creating a national green finance model ensuring sustainable growth in the Russian Federation. The development of a green finance mechanism and a green bond market in the Baltic Sea countries is analysed to determine national features and explore the possibility of translating the Baltic experience into practices usable in Russia. The research uses economic observations, economic description, structural and logical analysis, and ...
The Role of Small Countries in Post-Soviet Territorial Restructuring: the Baltic Case
... politike [Resources influence in world politics], Polis [Policy], no. 1, p. 99—108.
20. Mezhevich, N. М. (ed.), 2013, Otnoshenija Rossii i stran Pribaltiki: ot upushhennyh vozmozhnostej k real'nym perspektivam [Relations between Russia and the Baltic countries, from missed opportunities to real prospects], available at: www.sir. spbu.ru/news/?id=703 (accessed 31.08.2014).
21. Rekeda, S. Fedor Luk'janov: «Vostochnoe partnerstvo» zakonchilos' [Fyodor Lukyanov: "Eastern Partnership" has ...
Nuclear power in the Baltic Sea region: the history of emergence and the political and economic features of its development
... draws attention to the fact that nuclear power is a rather young branch of national economy. However, over recent decades, it has already seen rises and falls, and a number of states have had tragic experiences of nuclear emergencies. Nevertheless, many countries — including the three Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania — express a strong interest in development, generation, and application of nuclear power. In the Baltic States, nuclear power dates back to the Soviet times, but its development was suspended pursuant to ...
Russia’s energy geostrategy in the Baltic Sea region
... stability of energy supply in each state. The article analyses the role Russia plays in the energy policy of the region from both geopolitical and geostrategic viewpoints. The author identifies the main characteristics of the Russian energy policy in these countries, and provides with a forecast for energy policy development in the region. A geostrategic approach dictates any successful energy policy in the Baltic Sea region to bring in line Russian interests with those of the European states.
1. Beck, U. 2012, Zhivya v mirovom obshchestve riska i schitayas’ s nim. Kosmopolitichesky povorot [Living in and Coping with World Risk Society: The Cosmopolitan ...
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... analyse the timeline of Muslim immigration to the Baltic region. It is stressed that, despite current difficulties, Germany and Finland are more successful in integrating immigrants than, for instance, Sweden and Denmark. Just like other Western European countries, the Baltic States have not developed a conceptual framework for their migration and integration policies towards Muslim immigrants. The authors describe possible Muslim integration scenarios — the Singaporean and Palestinian ones, simulation, and confrontation....