The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no. 3, p. 424—458.
19. Simonyan, R. H. 2009, Rossija i strany Baltii. Dve modeli social'nogo razvitija [Russia and the Baltic countries. Two models of social development], Moscow, p. 131—139.
20. Smirnov, V. A. 2014, Politicheskoe razvitie postsovetskogo prostranstva: k voprosu o roli politicheskih jelit [Political development of post-Soviet space: the question of the role of political elites], Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Serija 12. Politicheskie ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
..., Otkrytoe obshestvo i ego vragi [The Open Society and Its Enemies], Part. 2, Moscow.
33. The Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, 1992, 2 Nov., available at:http://www3.lrs. lt/home/Konstitucija/Constitution. htm (accessed 10 May 2011).
34. Smirnov, V. A., Sutyrin, V. V. 2011, Russia as an irritant factor for the political elitess of the Baltics in the context of election campaigns of 2010—2011: an expert opinion, Baltic Region, no 2 (8), p. 146—153. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-15,...
The transformation of the Baltic countries’ political elites: general and specific features
... political systems to renew themselves. Having reached the ‘back to the West’ goal, Baltic elites replaced it with the idea of ‘Russian threat’. Bridging internal divides, which may weaken the power of the elites, was postponed as a result.
Smirnov V. A.
elites, power groups, Baltic States, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, transformation, Russia
Development of municipal districts in Saint Petersburg over the last decade: an economic and spatial analysis
... symposium, p. 13—17.
30. Hillier, B., Yang, T., Turner, A. 2012, Normalising Least Angle Choice in Depthmap and How It Opens Up New Perspectives on the Global and Local Analysis of City Space, Journal of Space syntax, vol. 3, № 2, p. 155—193.
Smirnov, O. O.
economic development, spatial analysis, St. Petersburg, municipal district, Space Syntax
On diagnostic relationships between acoustic and entropy modes
The relations connecting the disturbances for the acoustic and entropy (stationary) modes are analytically established, and the diagnostic equations to be solved are obtained. These equations define the acoustic and entropy modes in an arbitrary stratified gas under the condition of stability. The diagnostic relationships are independent of time and determine the acoustic and entropy modes and provide the ability to unambiguously decompose the general disturbance vector into acoustic and...
On asymptotic expression for velocity field of atmosphere gas perturbed by 1D acoustic wave
The problem of 1D acoustic wave initiation by a rise of water masses is formulated as a boundary problem at half space . The atmosphere is modeled as a multi-layer gas with an exponential structure of density in each layer. The boundary conditions at determine the direction of propagation, by link between dynamic variables (pressure, density, and velocity) of the wave. It defines the dynamic projection operators on the subspaces of z-evolution for each layer. The universal formulas for the perturbation...
The evolution of US political priorities in the Baltic sea region in the 2010s
... likely to turn it into an arena for a struggle between Russia and the West. Russia will benefit from seeing the Baltic region nations not as tools in the Russian-US confrontation, but as partners in regional cooperation aware of their own interests.
Smirnov P. E.
Region, security, NATO, war presence, military training, rotation, infrastructure, energy security, hybrid warfare
Paleofauna of Dominican amber: the current state of research and comparative analysis
Recently published papers and our own research results have enabled the authors to generalize the data on the paleofauna of Dominican amber, the largest deposit of the Miocene age fossil organisms. The research tasks included geographic and stratigraphic examinations, the study of research history and an attempt of synchronization of paleofans with other Lagerstättes. The authors show the absence of endemism at the family level. The Mesozoic Lagerstättes are linked to the modern Neotropical...
Kantian Philosophy and ‘Linguistic Kantianism’
... 1995. Die Vollständigkeit der kantischen Urteilstafel. Mit einem Essay über Freges „Begriffsschrift“, Frankfurt a. M.: Klostermann.
linguistic Kantianism, philosophy of language, transcendentalism, hypothesis of linguistic relativity
M. A. Smirnov
Translation of non-equivalent words during the localization of computer games
The article deals with linguistic aspects of localizaton, in particular, with cultural adaptation of non-equivalent lexis in the translation of computer games from Russian into English. The research is focused on the types of nonequivalent lexical units typical of game discourse and their translation into the Russian language.
1. Esselink B. A practical guide to localization. John Benjamins Publishing, 2000.
2. O’Hagan M., Mangiron C. Game Localization: Translating for the global digital entertainment...
Particular features of Polish Hamlet in the novels “Homeless” by S.Zeromski and “Red Shields” by Y. Iwaszkiewicz
The authors study the evolution of “Polish Hamlet” image in prosaic works of the first half of the XXth century. They emphasize that the structure of this image in “Homeless” by S.Zheromsky and “Red Shields” by Ya. Ivashkevich is identified through the system of Hamlet’s character dominants as agent- ascetic personality and reflecting “ego”. The analysis concludes that Zheromsky within the frames of realistic novel successively implements the Hamlet’s psychological personality...
Semantics of P. B. Shelley’s artistic imagery in the Marque of Anarchy poem
12. Paley M. D. Apocapolitics: Allusion and Structure in Shelley’s «Mask of Anarchy » // Huntington Library Quarterly. 1991. Vol. 54, № 2. P. 91—109.
13. Stroup W. J. Shelley and The Nature of Nonviolence. Ann Arbor, 2000.
Zhilina N., Smirnov S.
P.Shelley, the Masque of Anarchy, functions of artistic images, dream, awakening.
A review of the existing generalizations of the Deuring Reduction Theorem
... preprint. URL:
20. Yu C.-F. A note on supersingular abelian varieties // arXiv:1412.7107, 2015.
21. Zaytsev A. Generalization of Deuring reduction theorem // Journal of Algebra. 2013. Vol. 392. P. 97—114.
abelian varieties, p-torsion points, Deuring Reduction Theorem, BT1-group schemes, circular words
The impact of Russia’s counter-sanctions on Lithuania’s foreign economic activities
This article explores Russian-Lithuanian trade relations under the EU sanctions against Russia and Russian counter-sanctions. The authors identify changes in the structure of foreign economic activities and examine the main trends, features and problems of trade. The authors analyse transformations in bilateral trade — the role of Russian in Lithuanian foreign trade and the volume of Russian-Lithuanian exports and imports of goods and services.
1. Санкции в отношении России...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... Baltic States: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, New York, Routledge, p. 83.
38. Zagainova, A. 2007, Challenges of Anti-Corruption Politics in Post-Communist Countries. In: Corruption and Development of the Anti-Corruption Campaigns, Palgrave Macmillan.
legitimacy, crisis, trends, political regimes, the Baltic States, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, political institutions, political elites
The formation of critical thinking in foreing language learning
The article describes a new coursebook designed for students studying Biotechnology. The new coursebook facilitates the formation and development of critical thinking skills in the process of foreign language learning. The formation of critical thinking is one of the main objectives of pedagogy since it ensures successful functioning of the individual in the modern information society.
1. Благодатин А., Лозовский Л., Райзберг Б. Финансовый словарь...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Report, p. 53—60.
28. Weitz, R. 2013, Forecasting the Baltics’ Future Security Environment Richard, Diplomaatia, no. 113/114.
29. Winnerstig, M. 2014, Tools of Destabilization Russian Soft Power and Nonmilitary Influence in the Baltic States, FOI.
Smirnov V. A.
political elite, Baltic States, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, forecast, scenario approach
A sectoral and regional analysis of innovative activities of Russian enterprises
This article provides a sectoral and regional analyses of innovative activities of Russian enterprises. The authors consider the evolution and characteristics of innovative activities in individual industries. Characteristics of innovative activities in 2010-2014 are considered in the cases of Russian federal districts and regions. Special attention is drawn to innovative activities of small innovative enterprises in the Kaliningrad region.
1. Анализ инновационного потенциала...
Political elite networks in Latvia and their transformation in 1993-2014
... группы и пределы политики: теоретический ракурс // Элиты и общество в сравнительном измерении / под ред. О. В. Гаман-Голутвиной. М., 2011.
Fidrya E. S., Smirnov V. S.
network analysis; political elites; Latvia
Application of dimension reduction methods in objects homogeneity evaluation: airport network analysis
... selection and evaluation // Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1991.
6. Richard A. Johnson and DeanWichern, Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1998.
dimension reduction methods, discriminant analysis, posterior probability, data mining
An employment contract with a remote employee
This article discusses certain conditions of an employment contract with a remote employee. The author’s perspective on the age of a remote employee is presented. The article addresses the issue of introducing obligatory conditions of an employment contract – the employee’s function, working schedule, and remuneration. Proposals for improving the current labor legislation are made
1. Трудовой кодекс Российской Федерации [Электронный ресурс]...
New possibilities of passive microseismic monitoring applying for structural-tectonic features detection of oil and gas fields
... технологии рационального природопользования : матер. III научно-практической конференции. Ханты-Мансийск, 2006. С. 107—111.
Gapeev D., Erokhin G., Rodin S., Sedaikin R., Smirnov I.
passive microseismic monitoring, hydraulic fractioning, structural tectonic features, fracture planes, microseismic emission source, surface small aperture aerial.
Mathematical modeling of parameters price discrimination by the method of classification trees
... Совершенствование методологии регулирования ценовой дискриминации: опыт России и ЕС // Экономические и гуманитарные науки. 2013. № 9. С. 57—62.
Smirnov O., Smirnova O.
classification trees, Gini index selection, price discrimination, multivariate statistical methods, dominant firm
The elite interaction in the post-Soviet Lithuania: the constitutional aspect
... посткоммунистических политических систем стран Центрально-Восточной Европы: сравнительный анализ : автореф. дис. … д-ра полит. наук. Саратов, 2009.
Smirnov V. A.
elite, Lithuania, Constitution, post-soviet, interaction