Problems of modeling of the working processes of a stationary plasma engine
Today in creation of mathematical models of the stationary plasma thruster (SPT) a certain advance is noticeable, but all these models are based on empirical laws with a possibility of application to concrete type of the engine. The paper considers the possibility of constructing a mathematical model that takes into account the various physical processes taking place in the engine and based on statistical methods.
1. Morozov A. I.. Fundamental Physics of Electric Propulsion. М. : Atomzidat, 1978. Vol. 1. In Russian.
2. Belikov M. B., Gorshkov O. A., Lovtsov A. S., Shagayda A. A. Probe Measurements in the Channel of 1.5 kW Hall Thruster with Discharge Voltage up to 1000 V // IEPC-2007-131 Presented at the 30th International Electric Propulsion Conference, Florence, Italy September 17–20, 2007.
3. Приданников С. Ю. Исследование характеристик стационарных плазменных двигателей при длительной работе : дис. … канд. техн. наук. Калининград, 2003.
4. Hofer R. R. et al. Characterizing Vacuum Facility Backpressure Effects on the Performance of a Hall Thruster // 27th International Electric Propulsion Conference, IEPC-01-045, Pasadena, CA, 2001.
5. Diamant K. D., Spektor R., Beiting E. J. et al. The Effects of Background Pressure on Hall Thruster Operation // 48th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit, AIAA-2012-3735, Atlanta, GA, 29 Jul.–1 Aug., 2012.
6. Huang W., Kamhawi H., Haag T. Effect of Background Pressure on the Performance and Plume of the HiVHAc Hall Thruster // IEPC-2013-058 Presented at the 33rd International Electric Propulsion Conference, The George Washington University Washington, D. C. USA, October 6–10, 2013.