The sustainability of natural monopoly in regional markets: methodological prerequisites for an analysis
Article considers theoretical aspects of sustainability of natural monopolies, which are the most important industries that create the general environment of functioning of regional social and economic system, thereby making essential impact on formation the region commodity and financial markets, and also on realization of a regional social and economic policy. The analysis of the reasons of formation of the natural monopolies, having paramount value for the decision of a question on their sustainability, has allowed to allocate their hierarchy and to offer classification of industries — natural monopolies depending on the characteristics defining their sustainability.
1. Baumol W., Panzar J. C., Willig R. D. Contestable Markets and the Theory of Industry Structure. New York. 1982.
2. DiLorenzo T. J. The myth of natural monopoly // The Review of Austrian Economics. 1996. 9 (2). P. 43—58.
3. Faulhaber G. R. Cross subsidization: Pricing in public enterprise // American Economic Review. 1975. Vol. 65. P. 966—977.
4. Sharkey W. W. The Theory of Natural Monopoly. Cambridge, 1982.
5. Крохмаль В. В. Методологические аспекты устойчивости и адаптации предприятий в транзитной экономике. Краснодар, 2002.