A development of the low power engine for work on a krypton
... missions, electric propulsion appears to be an undisputed alternative for the chemical thrusters. Also, even the best solutions provided by electric propulsion technology still require optimization despite its more than of half a century history. Currently xenon is the propellant of choice for ion and Hall effect thrusters, however xenon is very expensive, that’s why different cheaper propellants appears as an alternative fuel for advanced electric propulsion thrusters
1. Ким В. П., Меркурьев ...
Using iodine gas as the working fluid for stationary plasma thrusters
The expediency of using iodine as the working fluid in the stationary plasma rocket engines is performed. The use of iodine is alternative for xenon, which due to a number of shortcomings can not be used in the engines of its high power for spacecraft.
1. C. Hillier A. C., Branam R. D., Huffman R. E. et al. Thrust Density Propellants in Hall Thrusters // AIAA 2011-5240. Florida, USA. 2011....
Study of conditions of electric breakdown in the flow part of electrical insulators of electric propulsion propellant supply systems
The results of study of conditions of origination of electrical breakdown of gas in dielectric insulators of anode propellant (xenon) supply lines of prospective high-impulse increased-power electric thrusters intended for spacecraft orientation and stabilization are presented.
Физика газового разряда: учеб. руководство....
Investigation of discharge chamber insulator relative erosion of stationary plasma thruster
... SPT’s high lifetime — some problems of solution // IEPC-2005—62, 29th International Electric Propulsion Conference. Princeton, 2005. Р. 1—10.
2. Karabadzhak G. F., Semenkin A. V., Tverdokhlebov S. O. Semi-Empirical Method for Evaluation of a Xenon Operating Hall Thruster Erosion Rate Through Analysis of It`s Emission Spectra // Spacecraft Propulsion, Third International Conference European Space Agency ESASP-465. 2001. Р. 909.
3. Raitses Y., Staack D., Dorf L., Fisch N. J. Controlling ...
Computer modeling of magnetic systems of stationary plasma thrusters
... divergence, and plasma oscillations of high specific impulse hall thrusters // 28th International Electric Propulsion Conference, IEPC—2003—142. March 2003.
development and characterization of high-efficiency, high-specific impulse xenon hall thrusters // NASA/CR-2004—213099, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
oltage // IEPC-2007
Investigation of influences parameters and topology of magnetic field peripheral zone stationary plasma thruster on the efficiency of the cathode-compensator
... плазменных двигателей при длительной работе : дис. … канд. техн. наук. Калининград, 2004.
4. Hofer R. R. Development and characterization of high-efficiency, high-specific impulse xenon hall thrusters : a dissertation … of Doctor of Philosophy. Michigan, 2004.
5. Гниздор Р. Ю., Козубский К. Н., Митрофанова О. А. Компьютерное моделирование магнитных систем ...