Liver elastography techniques and the problems of Russian terminology
... elastogrgraphy to be included in the guidelines of the Russian Association of Experts of Ultrasonic Diagnostics in Medicine, similar to those provided by the EFSUMB.
1. Dietrich C. F., Barr R. G., Farrokh A. et al. Strain Elastography — How To Do It? //
Ultrasound Int Open.
2017. Vol. 3 (4). P. 137—149. doi: 10.1055/s-0043-119412.
2. Dietrich C. F., Sirli R., Ferraioli G. et al. Current Knowledge in Ultrasound-Based Liver Elastography of Pediatric Patients // Appl. Sci. 2018. № 8. P. 944—965. ...
Ultrasound anatomy of the skin: review
A review of the skin ultrasound publications shows that this examination is one of the most popular diagnostic procedures in dermatology, cosmetology and oncology. Current research data defined the concept of "ultrasound anatomy of the skin", it is noted that ...
Challenges of the methodological approaches to the measurement and the evaluation of liver size
... increase. Accurate measurement of the liver by sonography is particularly relevant when a patient is suspected to have hepatitis. According to a number of validated sources, liver length varies greatly depending on the modalities and techniques used by the ultrasound specialist. Ultrasound liver size measurement has not become a routine procedure since a reliable and reproducible ultrasound method has not been established so far. The article describes the results of different methods of liver size measurement ...
The ultrasound volumetry: selecting optimal formula based on linear liver dimensions (ex vivo study)
... D., Schuler A., MucheR. et al. Comparison of Panorama Ultrasonography, Conventional B-Mode Ultrasonography, and Computed Tomography for Measuring Liver Size // Ultrashall in Med. 2010. Vol. 31. P. 31—36.
10. Childs J. T., Esterman A., Thoirs K. A. Ultrasound measurements of the liver: an intra and inter-rater reliability study // Australian journal of ultrasound in medicine. 2014. Vol. 17, № 3. P. 113—119.
11. Childs J. T., Esterman A. J., Phillips M. et al. Methods of determining the size ...
Assessment of hepatic volume ex vivo by the formulas of the ultrasound volumetry
... proposed for ultrasonic volumetry. The study was carried out on 70 corpses of humans who died of various diseases and examined in the "Bureau of Forensic Medical Examination of the Kaliningrad Region". To measure the liver volume, the most common ultrasound study formulas were used: M. Zoli et al. (1989), D. Glenn et al. (1994), D. Elstein et al. (1997), M. Patlas et al. (2001) and J.T. Childs et al. (2014, 2016). The average weight of the liver according to the results of postmortem weighing ...
Physical foundations of liver elastography
... Imaging: a new technique for soft tissue elasticity mapping // IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2004. Vol. 51 (4). P. 396—409.
T., Nightingale K. R., Palmeri M. L. et al. WFUMB guidelines and recommendations for clinical use of ultrasound elastography. Part 1: Basic principles and terminology // Ultrasound in Med Biol. 2015. Vol. 41 (5). P. 1126—1147. doi: 10.1016/ j.ultrasmedbio.2015.03.009.
Гурбатов С. Н., Демин И. Ю., Прончатов-Рубцов Н....
KANET: application in ultrasonography and challenges of protocoling
... Neurosonography in the second half of fetal life: a neonatologist point of view //J. Perinatal Med. 2006. Vol. 34. P. 437—446.
9. Antsaklis P., Kurjak A., Izetbegovic S. Functional test for fetal brain: the role of KANET test // Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2013. Vol. 7(4). P. 385—399.
10. Vries J. I. P. de, Visser G. H. A., Prechtl H. F. R. The emergence of fetal behavior. Qualitative aspects //Early Hum Dev. 1982. Vol. 7. P. 301—308.
11. Ferrari F., Cioni G....
Measurement of liver volume using imaging techniques of various modalities
... size of a normal liver. Accurate non-invasive assessment of liver volume of the individual can be performed using imaging techniques. This article describes methods to measure the liver volume using imaging techniques of various modalities (CT, MRI, ultrasound). Ultrasonography is a simple, affordable and reliable tool for the structure and size of the liver estimates using formulas for calculating the volume of the liver.
1. Блок Б. УЗИ внутренних органов / пер. с ...
Use of the genetic algorithm for devising a formula for liver volumetry
The authors propose a method of liver volumetry using anthropometric data and the data obtained during an ultrasound examination. The algorithm is built on the basis of a genetic algorithm with coefficients calculated using linear regression. It is shown that the new formula is more accurate than previously proposed ones. The algorithm can be used to work ...
Estimating the accuracy of standard volume calculations using liver volumetry
... the liver (the oblique vertical size of the right lobe, the thickness of the right lobe, and the thickness of the left lobe). JT Childs’s formula was chosen as producing the most accurate results and as the most adequate for the use by a practicing ultrasound specialist. The deviation percentage of results obtained using the other formulas was calculated in relation to Childs’s formula. It is concluded that the most accurate formula for calculating the standard volume of the liver is that proposed ...
he new formula of the liver volume calculation: the integration into the automatic ultrasound diagnostic work station (AWS) "Assistant"
The previous research work of the team (M. V. Martinovich et al.) developed a new formula for in vivo liver volume calculating using the genetic algorithm method. The purpose of this work was the integration of the formula in the automatic ultrasound diagnostic work station (AWS) "Assistant”. To achieve the goal, a number of the research objectives have been set. The possibility of assessing the size of the liver on the basis of its volume is a means of objectifying the diagnostic ...
Normal range of liver stiffness measurement in healthy people
... Hepatol. 2008. Vol. 6 (11). Р. 1263—1269. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2008.07.006.
2. Hudson J. M., Milot L., Parry C. et al. Inter- and intra-operator reliability and repeatability of shear wave elastography in the liver: a study in healthy volunteers // Ultrasound Med. Biol. 2013. Vol. 39 (6). P. 950—955. doi: 10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio. 2012.
3. Arda K., Ciledag N., Arıbas B. K. et al. Quantitative assessment of the elasticity values of liver with shear wave ultrasonographic elastography // Indian J....
The ulrasonographic semiotics of diffuse liver disease: Verification using the point shear-wave elastography
This article estimates the severity of ultrasonographic changes in the liver at different stages of fibrosis. Sixty-three patients underwent B-mode ultrasound scanning of the spleen and the liver and ARFI-elastography of the liver. Elastography measured the shear wave speed from the 9th, 8th, and 7th intercostal spaces in the anterior axillary line at a depth of 6.0 cm from the skin surface. It was ...
ARFI-elastometry of the liver in healthy volunteers: standardization of methods
.... 2013. № 6. С. 46—54.
3. Donofrio M., Crosara S. Acoustic radiation force impulse of the liver // Gastroenterol. 2013. August 14. Р. 19(30).
4. Ferraoli G., Filice C., Castera L. et al. WFUMB guidelines and recommendations for clinical use of ultrasound elastography. Part 3: Liver // Ultrasound in Med. and Biol. 2015. Vol. 41, N 5. P. 1161—1179.
Izranov V., Martinovich M., Stepanyan I.
ultrasound elastometry, ARFI- elastometry of the liver
Assessment of the CNS function in fetuses with different pathology
... assessments including the intrauterine development of the central nervous system of fetuses during normal gestation; the intrauterine development of the central nervous system in the presence of somatic pathology of the fetus, revealed by screening ultrasound; and the intrauterine functioning of the nervous system in the presence of an abnormality of the central nervous system. The research shows that in healthy fetuses the average value of the total assessment of general movements is within the ...
Fetal behavior and the prediction of neuropsychiatric development
Over the past 30 years, ultrasound examination during pregnancy revealed a surprising variety of fetus movements. It has been proven that the fetal activity begins at the end of the embryo period, week 7—9 of gestation. The analysis of the movemental patterns of the fetus ...
Challenges of the ultrasound measurement and evaluation of the liver size
New methods of ultrasound diagnostics
Modern aspects of diagnostics of compressional neuropathy of the median nerve in the carpal canal
The article focuses on the examples of modern diagnostics of compression neuropathy of the median nerve in the carpal canal, because currently the unanimous assessment of the results during ultrasound and ENMG seems to be problematic. The purpose of the work is to propose a standard for the most effective algorithm for diagnosing patients with CCS. The study was performed on 98 patients examined in the Kaliningrad regional clinical hospital,...
Liver shear wave elastography: the problem of accuracy and reproducibility
... factors depending on the patient (body mass index, gender, respiration, etc.); finding out the reproducibility of liver stiffness measurements in SWE, depending on the skills of the operator, the minimal measurements, the use of contrast-enhanced ultrasound. The most important factors affecting the results of liver stiffness measurements include using SWE method, the diagnostic equipment and the sensors, the measurement depth and acoustic access; the reliability of various SWE methods is approximately ...
Diagnostic criteria for splenomegaly (review)
... value of the length, volume of an organ, the area of its transverse section) to formulas that take into account the anthropometric characteristics of patients (gender, height).
Morozov S.V., Izranov V.A., Kazantseva N.V.
spleen, size, volume, ultrasound, computed tomography
Heart and blood vessels remodeling and the estimation of residual risk in patients with myocardial infarction
... // Circulation. 2007. Vol. 116. P. 2634—2653.
3. Rodriguez-Granillo G. A. Long-term effect of perindopril on coronariaterosclerosis progression (from the perindopril/ s Prospective Effect on Coronariaterosclerosis bу Angiographу and Intravascular Ultrasound Evaluation [PERSPECTIVE] // The American Journal of Cardiology. 2007. Vol. 100. P. 159—163.
4. Трухан Д. И., Тарасова Л. В. Оптимизация лекарственной терапии ишемической болезни ...
Automatic System for Determining the Angles of Scoliotic Deformity of the Human Spine
... W., Zhang Y. et al. Automatic Lumbar Vertebrae Detection Based on Feature Fusion Deep Learning for Partial Occluded C-arm X-ray Images // EMBC 2016. Orlando, 2016. P. 640—650. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2016.7590785.
26. Baka N., Leenstra S., van Walsum T. Ultrasound Aided Vertebral Level Localization for Lumbar Surgery // IEEE T-MI. 2017. Vol. 36, iss. 10. P. 2138—2147. doi: 10.1109/TMI.2017.2738612.
27. Ma J., Lu L., Zhan Y. et al. Hierarchical Segmentation and Identification of Thoracic Vertebra ...