Geopolitical turbulence and its economic and geographical projections: the case of Russia’s western border regions
... socio-economic development of countries and world regions during recent decades has been affected by the confrontation of global and regional centres of power, their growing geoeconomic and geopolitical rivalry, accompanied by increasing geopolitical turbulence. The article aims to substantiate the concept of geopolitical turbulence in its socio-geographical projection. Special emphasis is made on its manifestations in the territorial organization of society and its structures. The author reveals ...
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
... provide a conceptual framework for the phenomenon of Russia’s coastal borderlands and their constituent ‘strongholds’. It also explores the factors and features of the economic dynamics of the coastal borderlands amid the post-2014 geopolitical turbulence. Economic and statistical methods are used to highlight the irregularity of the economic and settlement patterns across Russia’s coastal borderlands, in their water and land areas. It is shown that Russian economic and military activities ...
A calculation of the diffusion coefficient of solids in watercourses
... motion numerical method presented in dimensionless form related to the relative inertia of the particles and the relaxation time of the particle. It is found that when the increase in the relative inertia of the particles, decreases the coefficient of turbulent diffusion of the dispersed phase compared to the ratio of the carrier medium. Increase from-wearing leads to an increase of the coefficient of turbulent diffusion of particles. It is shown that the calculation of the coefficient of vertical ...
Features of modeling turbulent gas flows with evaporating droplets
... технического университета. 2019. № 53. C. 169—181.
7. Нигматулин Р. И. Основы механики гетерогенных сред. М., 1978.
8. Shraiber А. А., Gavin L. B., Naumov V. A., Yatsenko V. P. Turbulent flows in gas suspensions. N. Y., 1990.
9. Crowe C. T., Sommerfeld M., Tsuji Y. Flows with Droplets and Particles. Florida, 1998.
10. Великанов Н. Л., Наумов В. А., Корягин С. И. Моделирование турбулентного ...
Simulation of turbulent flow of viscous liquids with dispersed inclusions of close density
... гидромеханизации в промышленном рыболовстве. М., 1986.
6. Нигматулин Р. И. Основы механики гетерогенных сред. М., 1978.
7. Shraiber А. А., Gavin L. B., Naumov V. A., Yatsenko V. P. Turbulent Flows in Gas Suspensions. N. Y., 1990.
8. Crowe C. T., Sommerfeld M., Tsuji Y. Flows with Droplets and Particles. Florida, 1998.
9. Наумов В. А. Динамика дисперсной частицы в вязкой среде // Математическое ...
Sufficient conditions of a correctness of statement of regional tasks for one class of the evolutionary equations
In this work regional tasks for one class of the equations arising in the theory of distribution of light in the turbulent environment are studied. In work sufficient conditions are indicated to coefficients at which the objective without initial data for the nonclassical equations is correct in S. L. Sobolev's spaces.
1. Татарский В. И. Распространение ...
Economic security of a border region: quantitative and qualitative measurements (the case of the Rostov region)
The article evaluates the economic security of the Rostov region, a western border region of Russia under the conditions of geoeconomic turbulence. Using complementary methods of the economic-statistical analysis of dynamic series and expert interviewing, the author describes multidimensional intra-regional processes triggered by external economic shifts. Empirical research shows a decrease ...
Ways to optimize the characteristics of active synthesizers frequency
... based on the systemic analysis and the theory of statistical estimation. This work primarily deals with theoretical methods of research which were used to identify approaches to the mathematical description of atmospheric phenomena models of wind shear, turbulence. The author also analyses relevant the optimal methodology (Russian and foreign papers) for developing software products which takes into account the authors own experience obtained in the process of work at the Russian aerospace industry enterprises....
Regional innovation security as a coherence of multi-cyclic self-organizing: experience in building an ideal model
... their phase shift), which is analogous to the acoustic beat effect in the propagation of wave phenomena in natural environments. The same phenomenon becomes a factor of vulnerability of the regional system in relation to irregularly occurring and turbulently developing impulses of the external environment.
The theoretical model and hypothesis are verified on the basis of empirical data on the Western border regions of Russia as the most vulnerable zone in modern geo-turbulent conditions. The ...
Economic security of the Russian-Ukrainian border regions of the Russian Federation in modern conditions
... current and potential threats to economic security, compared with the results of long-term statistical observation aimed at identifying the components and factors of economic risks in the regions.
Gorochnaya V. V.
economic security, geo-economic turbulence, border regions, Krasnodar region, Rostov region, Voronezh region, Belgorod region, Kursk region
The use of coherent time-frequency multiplexing to improve the performance of the atmospheric optical communication system
... глазковых диаграмм для исследования цифровых сигналов // Електронiка та системи управлiння. 2009. № 2. С. 32—41.
Molchanov S. V., Kalekina S. O.
free-space optics, atmospheric turbulence, coherent orthogonal frequency division multiplexing
Estonia’s party system today: electoral turbulence and changes in ethno-regional patterns
A well-developed party system has emerged in Estonia over the decades of independence. There are, however, distinct geographical patterns of voting. A number of new political parties have appeared in the country; the regional and ethnic patterns of voting (the latter matter much in Estonia) have changed dramatically. This study aims to analyse the recent changes in the Estonian party system as well as the causes of these changes and the effect of the ethnic and geographical factors on the transformation...
A study into the passive tracer and Lagrangian particles propagation in the coastal area of South-East Baltic
... зависимости от ветровых условий (численные эксперименты) // Океанология. 2010. Т. 50, № 6. С. 890—903.
5. Visser A. W. Using random walk models to simulate the vertical distribution of particles in a turbulent water column // Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 1997. Vol. 158. P. 275—281.
Golenko M., Golenko N.
passive tracer, Lagrange particle, numerical modeling, coastal water dynamic, Baltic Sea.
The dynamics of localized pulse as solutions of Davey — Stewartson II equations
Darboux Transformation and Solitons in Multidimensions // Inverse Problems. 1992. 4. P. 207—214.
Darboux Transformation for Davey — Stewartson Type Equations // Proceedings of the IV International Workshop on Nonlinear and Turbulent Processes in Physics (Singapure). 1991. 2. P. 287—296.
Darboux Transforms of Davey — Stewartson Type Equations and Solitons // Proceedings of Kiev Workshop 'Nonlinear World', World Scientific. 1989. №
1. P. 216—228....
Features of the movement of a saline water final volume surrounded by fresh water on the bottom slope
... Придонные стратифицированные течения. М., 1999.
16. Тернер Дж. Эффекты плавучести в жидкостях. М., 1977.
17. Griffiths R. W. Inertial wave drag and the production of intense vortices by turbulent gravity currents with implications for sinking of bottom waters // Ocean Modelling. 1983. Vol. 50. P. 9—12.
18. Simpson J. E. Gravity Currents in the Environment and the Laboratory. Ellis Workwood Ltd., 1987.
19. Shapiro G. I., Zatsepin ...
Dynamics of falling rotating particle. Part 1
... Vol. 80, № 3. P. 561—591.
2. Dennis S. C., Singh S. N., Ingham D. B. The steady flow due to rotating sphere at low and moderate Reynolds numbers // Ibid. 1980. Vol. 101. P. 257—279.
3. Shraiber А. А., Gavin L. B., Naumov V. A., Yatsenko V. P. Turbulent flows in gas suspensions. N. Y., 1990.
4. Rubinow S. I., Keller J. B. The transverse force on spinning sphere moving in a viscous fluid // J. Fluid Mech. 1961. Vol. 11. P. 447—459.
5. Нигматулин Р. И. Основы механики ...
The Evolution, or Seasonal and Interannual Variability, of the Diurnal Variation of Hydrometeorological Fields in the Southern Baltic Sea
... Rukseniene V., Dailidiene I. Long and Short Term Variability of the Main Physical Parameters in the Coastal Area of the SE Baltic Proper. // EGU GeneralAssembly 2015. held 12—17 April. 2015 in Vienna, Austria. Vienna, 2015.
16. Woods J. D. Do waves limit turbulent diffusion in the ocean? // Nature. 1980. Vol. 288, № 5788. P. 219—224.
Dubravin V. F., Kapustina M. V, Stont Z. I.
short-term and long-term variability, meteorological elements, dispersion, harmonic and correlation analysis
Social conflicts as seen by residents of Saint Petersburg: An empirical study
... of Saint Petersburg residents to social conflicts. The author analyses their assessments of danger associated with social tension in the Russian society. This tension becomes particularly pronounced during the time of economic, social, and political turbulence. The research aims to examine the existing threats and identify opportunities for reducing social tension. The article makes a practical contribution to the development of social policy and civil society. The author describes the attitudes ...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... bogatiye strani stali bogatimi, i pochemu bedniye strani ostajutsa bednimi [How the rich countries became rich, and why poor countries remain poor], Moscow. (In Russ.)
10. Rekord, S. I. 2016, The economic potential of the Baltic Sea Region in the global turbulence, "zamykaniya effect" or "safe haven"? In: Klemeshev, A. P., Mezhevich, N. M., Fedorov, G. M. Pribaltijskiye issledovaniya v Rossii, Materials of the International Scientific Conference, Kaliningrad, p. 78. (In Russ.)
Western border regions of Russia: delimitation, structure, typology
... regions based on environmental, climatic, positional, political-territorial, resource and economic, settlement-related, and other factors. I provide a multi-criteria typology in view of the actual and potential effect of geopolitical and geoeconomic turbulence on regional socioeconomic systems.
1. Алаев Э. Б. Экономико-географическая терминология. М., 1977.
2. Вардомский Л. Б., Лобанов М. М., Пылин А. Г. Вопросы ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Colomer, J. 2007, Great Empires, Small Nations. The Uncertain Future of the Sovereign State, Routledge.
9. Di Paola, G., Shirreff, R., Heisbourg, F., Szatkowski, T., Keller, P., Tamnes, R. 2016, Alliance at Risk Strengthening European Defense in an Age of Turbulence and Competition, Atlantic Council.
10. Fisher, M. 2015, How World War III became possible, Vox, June 29, available at:
11. Future Security Challenges in the Baltic Sea Region,...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in the conditions of growing market turbulence and interdependence of market actors. Therefore, the ability of managers to align the diverse interests of stakeholders — groups, organizations, and individuals that affect or may be affected by the organization's actions — appears to be ...
The development of the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad in changing geopolitical and geo-economic conditions (based on the GRP analysis)
... постоянного населения в среднем за год // ЕМИСС. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.10.2020).
Fedorov G. M.
the Kaliningrad region, Russian exclave, gross regional product, geopolitical turbulence, economic development
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Petersburg, Leontief Centre, pp. 119—122.
20. Mikhailov, V. N., Dobrovolsky, А. D., Dobroljubov, S. А. 2007, Gidrologija [Hydrology], Moscow, Vysshaja shkola, 463 p.
21. Monin, А. S., Ozmidov, R. V. 1981, Okeanicheskaja turbulentnost' [Oceanic turbulence], Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 319 p.
22. Neshiba, S. 1991, Okeanologija [Oceanology], Moscow, MIR, 414 p.
23. Pak, Yu. N., Pak D. Yu. 2012, Kompetentnostno-orientirovannye obrazovatel'nye programmy v kontekste GOS novogo pokolenija [Competence-oriented ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... region: the spatial aspects of development, Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region], no. 15 (1), p. 137—150. doi 10.17059/2019-1-11 (In Russ.)
5. Druzhinin, A. G. 2020, The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence. Balt. Reg. 2020. vol. 12, no. 3, p. 89—104. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2020-3-6.
6. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2018, Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning, Balt. Reg., vol. 10, no. 2, p. 100—113. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2018-2-7.