Transnational tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic sea region
The issue of tourist destination management has been widely reflected in scientific literature. However, transnational destinations, i.e. those that are located on the territory of several countries, have not been given enough attention. The development of transnational destinations ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... importance of tourism impacts for different local resident groups: A case study of a Swedish seaside destination, Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, vol. 6, no. 1, p. 46—55. doi: 10.1016/j.jdmm.2016.02.002.
13. Hultman, J., Michael, H. C.... ....1016/j.annals.2011.07.001.
14. Van, E. N., Reijnders, S. 2016, Chasing sleuths and unravelling the metropolis: Analyzing the tourist experience of Sherlock Holmes’ London, Philip Marlowe’s Los Angeles and Lisbeth Salander’s Stockholm, Annals of ...
Eхperience of the Baile-Felix tourist system (Romania) for the protection and promotion of the grey seal as a brand on the Hel Peninsular (Poland)
... employed a number of tools and methods (including observation and monitoring) over a period of three years for the creation of a comprehensive database. We studied the actual condition of separate elements of the two tourist systems and compared the two tourist destinations. We identified differences and similarities between the two places. The lotus flower and the grey seal have become an integral part of the local, national and international collective mentality. Special attention was paid to the causes of ...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
40. Więckowski, M. 2010, Tourism development in the borderlands of Poland, Geographia Polonica, Vol. 83, no. 2, p. 67―81.
Stepanova S. V.
tourism development, border, tourist resource, tourist destination, border regions, Northwestern Federal district
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
29. Stepanova, S. V. 2019, Tourism development in border areas: a benefit or a burden? The case of Karelia, Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 94-111. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2019-2-6.
30. Stepanova, S. V. 2019, The Northern Ladoga region as a prospective tourist destination in the Russian-Finnish borderland: Historical, cultural, ecological and economic aspects, Geographia Polonica, vol. 92, no. 4, p. 409—428. doi:
Kondrateva S. V.
municipality, Republic of Karelia, ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... Salvia, A., Wall, T. (eds) Decent Work and Economic Growth. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Springer, Cham. doi:
16. Studzieniecki, T., Jakubowski, A., Meyer, B. 2020, Transnational tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic Sea Region. Balt. Reg., vol. 12, no. 3, p. 127—146. doi: 10.5922/2078-8555-2020-3-8.
17. Gorina, G., Barabanova, V. 2019, Marketing aspects of developing tourism services market in Ukraine & the Baltic ...
Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development
& usg=AFQjCNGi7ShTHTB6uG8iT2LbDKhdTFxlEw&bvm=bv.53217764,d.bGE (дата обращения: 14.10.2013).
19. Miettinen E. Border areas as tourist destination for Russian travellers: russian tourists in Finland // Pearls of the coniferous forest. 20th anniversary of North Karelia Biosphere Reserve. October 30 — November 2, 2012. Finland, Joensuu.P. 86—87.
20. Palmowski T. Problems ofcross-border ...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
... publication analysis and in-depth interviews processed using the Atals.ti software. The five images identified are a region of international cooperation, a military outpost, an economically attractive area, a territory of developing infrastructure, and a tourist destination. The most substantial intergenerational differences concern the media images of a military outpost and an economically attractive area. Members of the reform generation are more likely than millennials to see a military threat and consider ...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... innovations in tourist product promotion, programmes of private- public partnership in the field of public regulation and tourism stimulation, etc. These technologies contribute to the transition fr om a certain economic agent, the industry as a whole, or a tourist destination to a fundamentally new level in terms of tourist product presentation and increase of competitiveness. The sources for innovations in tourism are both the providers and consumers of tourist services. In those regions wh ere tourism is considered ...
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... Planning Systems Between Convergence and Incongruity: Implications for Cross-Border Cooperation from the German-Polish Perspective, European Planning Studies, Vol. 21, no. 4, p. 615—630.
30. Vodeb, K. 2010, Cross — border Regions as potential tourist destination along the Slovene Croatian frontier, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Vol. 16, no. 2, p. 219—228.
Katrovsky A. P. Kovalev Yu. P., Mazhar L. Yu., Shcherbakova S. A.
tourism, border regions, transboundary tourism and recreation systems,...
Russophone immigration to Finland: new forms, trends, and consequences
... (3), p. 174—185
8. Eskelä, E., 2013, Migration decisions of skilled Migrants: International degree students in an offbeat destination, Nordic Journal of Migration Research, no. 3 (3), p. 145—152.
9. Habti, D. 2019, What’s Driving Migrant Russian ... ... ru/social/20180321/241761566.html (accessed May 20, 2020) (In Russ).
28. Alekseevich, D. 2014, Russian guest workers. Finns are happy to us as tourists, not migrants, Argumenty i fakty [Arguments and Facts], 11 February, available at:
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
(accessed 01.03.2017). (in Russ.)
14. Podvedenie itogov turisticheskogo sezona 2016 [Summing up the results of the tourist season 2016], 2017, Report of the Committee for Tourism Development of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg. (in Russ.)
15. ... ... Academy Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, p. 2.
25. Balakrishnan, M. S. 2008, Dubai — A star in the east: A case study in strategic destination branding, Journal of Place Management and Development, Vol. 1, p. 62—91. DOI:
The cluster approach in tourism development in the Kaliningrad region
... Turystyka w województwie Warmińsko-Mazurskim w 2011 r. Olsztyn, 2012.
10. Turystyka w województwie pomorskim w 2010 r. Gdansk, 2012.
Korneevets V., Semyonova L.
tourism and hospitality industry, cluster approach, regional tourism infrastructure, tourist destination
Clustering and branding in the Baltic tourist destination
The development of international tourism in the world today has a special and very important role. It has often been noted that it influences the overall economic growth as well as social, cultural, educational well-being of each particular country. In this regard the new approaches in the tourism management become significant. Particular attention is paid to the promotion of cross-border tourism clusters that encourage mutual integration of the neighboring countries. Territory branding in this regard...
The branding of design hotels and hostels: the role of verbal communication
... perform a linguistic analysis of language means used in successful promotions of design hotels and cheap hostels and identify the algorithms that help to draw the attention of travellers. This study uses original English texts published on the websites of tourist destinations.
1. Анхолт С. Брендинг: дорога к мировому рынку. М., 2004.
2. Анхолт С., Хильдрет Дж. Бренд Америка: мать всех брендов. М., 2010.
3. Базикян ...
Text localization as a task of translation
... Translation and Web Localization. Routledge. 233 p.
5. Mityagina V. A., 2014. Translation as the stage of the formation of the tourist Internet discourse. Media and intercultural communication in the European context: Materials of the International Scientific ... ... URL:
21. AIG France. À propos. URL:
22. Top 10 Tourism Destinations in Latvia. URL:
23. Top-10 dostoprimechatelnostey ...