Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
The authors analyse different forms of environmental education projects and programmes implemented in the Baltic Sea region. The first one is “The Baltic University” programme taught in English. The “Baltic University” is a network of more than 200 universities from 14 counties of the Baltic Sea region. This education programme offers an opportunity for students to enroll on bachelor and master degree programmes ...
"The Baltic University" programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary
This article is dedicated to the Baltic University programme — a unique educational project aiming at the sustainable development of the Baltic Sea region. International interuniversity cooperation facilitates intercultural communication between students and researchers, and creates new prospects for ...
The Erasmus Mundus programme as a vehicle for development
This article analyses the Erasmus Mundus programme run by the European Commission in terms of structured cooperation between the EU and third country universities. Special attention is paid to the implementation of Erasmus Mundus projects aimed at environmental protection, biodiversity ... ... http://www.oecd. org/document/37/0,3746,en_2649_33721_34087845_1_1_1_1,00.html (accessed 17 December 2010).
2. EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, European Comission, available at:http://ec.europa.eu/regional_ policy/cooperation/baltic/index_en.htm (accessed ...
Modern approaches to university physical education: the experience of incorporating a fitness programme in the curriculum
The article explores new approaches to physical education in university. One of the ways to ensure modernization of physical education is the incorporation of various fitness programmes in the elective part of the curriculum. The author describes the impact of fitness programmes on learning outcomes ... ... elective part of the "Physical education" curriculum for the first, second and third year students of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
1. Григорьев В. И., Давиденко Д. Н., Малинина С. В. Фитнес-культура ...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... and cultural services and tourism], Ufa, Ufa State Academy of Economics and Service.
8. Legal basis, Cross-border Cooperation Programme Lithuania — Poland — Russia 2007—2013, available at: http://www.lt-pl-ru.eu/en,1,2 (accessed 11 July 2013).
9.... ... transgranichnogo sotrudnichestva v Baltijskom regione [Development and spatial differentiation of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic region], thesis abstract, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University of Russia.
10. Haggett, P. 1979, Prostranstvennaja diffuzija — put' k slijaniju rajonov. Geografija: sintez sovremennyh ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
This article considers the development of integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region ... ... context of the changing historical and political paradigms in the Baltic region. The authors conduct a brief historical analysis ... ... intergovernmental agreements, EU-Russia crossborder cooperation programmes, expert interviews, and relevant analytical reports.... ... the Historical Sciences, St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State University, p. 397. (In Russ.)
21. Area of the Program, Lithuania-Poland-Russia ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... of developing cooperation between border regions of Russia and the neighbouring countries. The author presents an approach that ... ... Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) crossborder cooperation programmes. Particular attention is paid to the routes in the Republic ... ... Guide, European Foundation Centre, Brussels, Belgium. p. 38.
2. Baltic Culture and Tourism Route Fortresses, 2007, Results of trans-national ... ... Territory Of New Opportunities, The Herald of Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, no. 2, p. 14—22. (in Russ....
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
44. Kurt, S. 2016, Analysis of Temporal Change Taking Place at the Coastline and Coastal Area of the South Coast of the Marmara Sea, Gaziantep University Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 15, no. 3, p. 899—924.
45. Laane, A., Kraav, E., Titova, G. 2005, Global International Water Assessment. Baltic Sea, GIVA Regional Assessment, Nairobi, United Nations Environment Programme.
46. Lach, Z. 2012, Geopolityczne aspekty kształtowania przestrzeni bezpieczeństwa państwa, Przegląd geopolityczny,...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
The economy of the Kaliningrad exclave is not sufficiently stable ... ... the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad region and federal programmes supporting the development of manufacturing and social ... ... region], 2014, Report on research work, Moscow, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
2. Gareev, T. R. 2010, Regional'nyj institucionalizm: ... ... 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: ...
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Challenges and Perspectives of International Cooperation
This article describes the main characteristics of international cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR) within the framework of the EU macroregional strategy. The analysis ... ... rather than an administrative unite serving as a pla tform for various cooperation programmes implemented in its different parts. From this point of view, the Strategy... ... 2010, The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region and the Presence of Russia, Malmö University, available at: https://dspace.mah.se/bitstream/handle/2043/14531/The%20EU%20Strategy%20for%20the%20Baltic%20Sea%20R...
On trends in the development of cross-border cooperation in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
... Poland within a range of cross-border cooperation programmes. I analyse all the projects approved within three cross-border cooperation projects over the past ten years. I focus on the projects that were successfully completed by the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University — a key actor in cooperation. I examine collaborations between municipalities on either side of the border when preparing and running projects under cross-border cooperation programmes. I classify the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region by their involvement in the projects and try to explain why a certain municipality is closely or under- involved in the collaborations. I conclude that the rate of development of ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... Petersburg. (In Russ.)
7. Kapaciauskaite, I. 2011, Environmental governance in the Baltic Sea Region and the role of non-governmental actors, Procedia — Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 14, p. 90—100.
8. Ionov V. V., Kropinova Ye. G. 2010, «The Baltic University» programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary, Balt. Reg., Vol. 2, no. 3, p. 70—74. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-3-10.
9. Union of the Baltic cities, available at:
10. Kropotkin, P. A. 2002. In: Balandina, R....
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
The Baltic Sea is a unique ecological system, an integral part of the global ecological ... ... A. 2006. Chemical weapons and ecology of the Baltic Sea. Bulletin of Russian State University named after I. Kant. № 6.
15. Schiewer, U. 2008. Ecology of Baltic Coastal... ... Proc.: Publ. HELCOM N 85.
42. The Baltic Sea Joint Comprehensive Environmental Action Programme.1993. HELCOM. Helsinki. (Balt. Sea Environ. Proc. No. 48), pp. 2—1; 3—20...
The development of political geography and geopolitics as an academic and research discipline in the Baltic region: the historical contribution of Saint Petersburg University
In this article, we address the little-researched and complicated problems of the genesis, periodisation, and development ... ... political geography and geopolitics as academic and research disciplines across the Baltic region in general and the contribution of Saint Petersburg University in particular. The terms ‘political geography,’ ‘geopolitics’ and... ... thought, political geography, geopolitics, academic and research paradigm, educational programme
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
...?type=TA&reference=P6-TA-2005-0180&language=EN&ring=B6-2005-0290 (accessed 26.02.2015).
25. Hearing on Totalitarian Regimes, 2013, EPP Group Highlights, available at: http://arc.eppgroup.eu/press/phili13/highlights-10.pdf (accessed 26.02.2015).
26. Hobsbawm, E. 2012, Nations and Nationalism since 1780: Programme, Myth, Reality, Cambridge University Press, p. 165.
27. Jakobson, M., Balcere, I., Loone, O., Nurk, A., Saarts, T., Zakeviciute, R. 2012, Populism in the Baltic States, Tallinn University.
28. Jankauskas, A., Žeruolis D. 2004, Understanding Politics in Lithuania, DEMSTAR Research Report, no. 18, University of Aarhus, p. 18—19.
29. Lieven, A. 1994, The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
The Baltic Sea region and the Black Sea area are overlapping regions that have their own ... ....
Gerner K., Karlsson K.-G.
Baltic empires, people of the Baltic. Session 2.
The Northern Dimension... ... Security — building in
, The Barents Euro — Arctic region //
Northern Studies Programme. 1998. № 12.
Back to the Future: Instability in
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
Until 1991 ties between entities located on either side of the Russian-Polish border were virtually non-existent. There were, however, favourable ... ... been developing on an institutional basis. Euroregions and cross-border cooperation programmes have become major contributors to cross-border region-building. On either... ... reflected in a map showing the diversity of geographical areas of cooperation. The University of Gdansk and the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are playing an important role in the development of Russian—Polish...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
The sea and inland hinterland of Baltic Europe form a unique macro-regional unit. Strong collaboration links, and competition ... ... participation of research institutions, regional cooperation infrastructure, operational programmes, as well as the private sector. Political stabilisation and economic development... ... Macro-Regions: Practice and Prospects, European Policy Research Paper, no. 76, Glasgow, GB, EPRC University of Strathclyde.
17. Zaucha, J. 2010, Od strategii VASAB do strategii Unii...
Macroalgae Suggested for Inclusion in the New Edition of the Red List of the Kaliningrad region
This article is the very first description of macroscopic algae suggested for inclusion in the list ... ... 2008—2017 field studies and examine the herbarium collection of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University (former Kaliningrad State University). We also investigate the literature... ... the Baltic Sea // Additional Study — Polish marine areas, 2011. Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007— 2013. 2011. January.
27. Urbanyak J., Sugier P., Gąbka M. Charophytes...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... enhance economic growth and increase profits. Governments across the world actively engage in the discussion about the benefits ... ... advantages, and to offer an insight into the transition stage the Baltic States are undergoing today on their way to circular economy.... ... Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Commission Work Programme 2015 — A New Start, Brussels, available at:
http://ec.... .... Sachs, J. 2015, The Age of Sustainable Development, Columbia University Press, р. 145.
33. Sauvé, S., Bernard, S., Sloan, ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... building and developing transboundary tourism-and-recreation regions. The Karelian part of the Russian-Finnish border and the adjoining ... ... Baltike [Cross-border tourist and recreational regions in the Baltic. Kaliningrad], Kaliningrad, 272 p. (in Russ.).
2. Manakov,... ... Rossii [Bulletin of the Kaliningrad branch of the St. Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia], no. ... ... L., Ek, R. 2010, Creating Cross-Border Destinations: Interreg Programmes and Regionalisation in the Baltic Sea Area, Scandinavian ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Prague, Czech Republic, p. 1253—1262. doi: 10.18267/pr.2019.los.186.125.
14. Grönholm, S., Rydén, L., Zuin, O., Elrick-Barr, C., Powell, N. 2015, Assessing the Status of Sustainable Development in the Baltic Sea Region: A Macro-regional Perspective, Baltic University Programme Press, Uppsala. doi: 10.13140/RG.2.1.1207.2087.
15. Gløersen, E., Balsiger, J., Cugusi, B., Debarbieux, B. 2019, The role of environmental issues in the adoption processes of European Union macro-regional strategies, Environmental Science & Policy, no. 97, p. 58—66. doi: 10.1016/j.envsci.2019.04.002.
16. Sokolovskaya, O. E. 2019, Various aspects of ecological ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
The Kaliningrad region is developing in complicated exclave conditions, which results ... ... will be facilitated through federal support and implementation of a number of regional programmes.
1. Gareev, T. R., Zhdanov, V. P., Fedorov, G. M. 2005, Novaja ekonomika... ... regional development], 2013, Materials sociological
survey, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, November.
8. Proekt gosudarstvennoj programmy Kaliningradskoj oblasti...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
This article explores the features and trends in inbound and outbound tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea region (BSR) countries in 2012—2019. The research question is whether inbound ... ... Development of the Travel and Tourism Industry in the World, Annals of Spiru Haret University. Economic Series, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 123—137. doi:
. org/10... ... of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme, Balt. Reg., no. 4, p. 48—57. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-4-5.
The lichen flora of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University’s Botanical Garden
This article presents an inventory of lichen flora of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University’s Botanical Garden. 21 lichen species of lichens were identified. Taxonomic, ecological (by main substrate types),... ... государственный университет им. И. Канта, Клайпедский университет, Neighbourhood programme. Программа «Соседство: Литва — Польша — Кали-нинградская область ...
The Role of Small Countries in Post-Soviet Territorial Restructuring: the Baltic Case
This author analyses the 2013 Lithuanian presidency of the EU in the context of the ... ... actions of small countries in promoting the Eastern Partnership programme with an emphasis on the anti-Russian agenda, the author ... ... (accessed 25.07.2014).
11. Motieka, E., Statkus, N. 2004, Global and Baltic Geopolitical Situation: Review of 2001—2003, Lithuanian ... ...
13. Rothstein, R. 1968, Alliances and Small Powers, Columbia University Press, New York, p. 29.
14. Ruse, I. 2012,The Bargaining ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... transport cluster as a variant of transport complex development], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 144—149.
25. Vylegzhanina, U. 2013, Otlozhennyj platezh [Deferred... ... perspektivy vyzhivanija v novyh uslovijah [SEZ Kaliningrad region: prospects for survival in the new environment], Torgovo-promyshlennye vedomosti [Commerce and Industry News],... ....ru/economy_business/3806.html (accessed 12 August 2013).
27. O Federal'noj celevoj programme razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti na period do 2010 g. : Postanovlenie Pravitel’stva...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
The uniqueness of a territorial socio-economic system lies in the ... ... 3 (1). P. 1—16.
17. Caramani D. Comparative Politics. Oxford University Press, 2017. P. 605.
18. Carayannis E. G., Campbell ... ... the Republic of Lithuania : Resolution on the approval of the programm on the implementation of the priority areas of research ... ... обращения: 15.04.2018).
24. Grennes T. The economic transition in the Baltic countries // J. of Baltic Studies. 1997. № 28 (1). P. ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
... still influenced by a series of mutual claims that appeared after the demise of the USSR. Latvia — as well as Estonia and Lithuania ... ... theoretical models based on the mythological “unity” of the three Baltic States.
1. Latvija i Litva: ot sovetskoj "zagranicy" ... ... essay], Saint Petersburg, Publishing of the St. Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance, p. 144—145.
7. Vlozhenie ... ... razvitija Rizhskogo Svobodnogo porta na 2009—2018 gg [Development Programme Freeport of Riga 2009—2018 years], 2009, Riga.
The development of small innovative enterprises through harmonising economic interests
The harmonisation of economic interests is one of the essential ... ... instruments for harmonizing economic interests can be used in drawing up programmes for the development of small innovative business at ... ...
universitetA im. V. G. Belinskogo [Bulletin Penza State Pedagogical University named after V. G. Belinsky], no. 24, p. 393—398.
12.... ... federal'nogo universiteta imeni I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University], no. 3, p. 93—99. doi: 10.5922/2223-2095-2011-3-14....
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
Conducting a multi-aspect comparative analysis of curricula of bachelor’s degree programmes in oceanology offered at universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda and Kaliningrad, the authors trace similarities between the existing variants of oceanologist training in the context of competence modules, disciplines,... ... 427 p.
9. Dinamika vod Baltijskogo morja v sinopticheskom diapazone prostranstvenno-vremennyh masshtabov [The dynamics of the Baltic Sea in the synoptic range of spatial and temporal scales], 2007, Saint Petersburg, Gidrometeoizdat, 354 p.
10. Ivanov, ...
On the concept of normative evaluation of cost-effectiveness of GLONASS application in coastal regions
... 01 September 2011).
4. Boronilov, A. B. 2011, Organizacionno-jekonomicheskie aspekty modelirovanija programmy vnedrenija sistemy GLONASS v jeksklavnom regione Rossii [The organisational economic aspects of developing the GLONASS system implementation programme in the exclave region of Russia], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 3, p. 132—136, doi: 10.5922/2223-2095-2011-3-20, available at: http://journals.kantiana.ru/upload/iblock/d79/qxtcvawfhdbmlygpwe.pdf
(accessed 01 September 2011).
5. Ivchenko, V. V., Savanovich, S. V. and Savanovich, А. V. 2010, Razvitie ...
An innovative approach to increasing the financial literacy of non-economics students
This article explores the enhancement of financial literacy in non-economics students.... ... of course development and implementation at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are described.
Agyei S. K.
Culture,... ... университета Новой Зеландии. URL:
Financial%20Literacy (дата обращения: ... ...
financial literacy, distance learning, gamification, non-economics university specialities
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... received special attention amid international travel restrictions. The conflict between the conservation and economic use of these ... ... trail — the Geological and Geomorphological Chronicle of the Baltic Sea. This tour acquaints sightseers with the nature of the ... ... Heritage within the Lithuania-Russia Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2014—2020. The developed algorithm for eco-trail design ... ... spit, Uchenye zapiski Rossijskogo gosudarstvennogo gidrometeo university [Scientific Notes of the Russian State Hydrometeorological ...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
... Communities in the 21st Century: Resilience and Transformation, Cambridge, Polity, 224 p. doi:
7. Karlsson, I., Rydén, L., Sepp, K. 2012, Introduction. In: Karlsson, I., Rydén, L. Rural Development and Land Use, The Baltic University Programme, Uppsala University, p. 11—20, available at:
(accessed 25 January 2021).
8. Pedroli, B., Correia, T. P., Primdahl, J. 2016, Challenges for a Shared European Countryside of Uncertain ...