The boundaries of the territorial community
The study clarifies the concept of spatial networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The author offers a classification of ... ... technological districts // Regional Studies. 2000. № 34. P. 535—547.
35. Asheim B. T. Industrial districts as ‘learning regions’: A condition for prosperity // European... ... 24(1). P. 21—40.
47. Czamanski S., Czamanski D. Industrial complexes: Their typology, structure and relation to Regional development // Papers of the Regional Science Association...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... P. 2014, Modeli processov rasprostranenija aktivnosti v setevyh strukturah [Model of the propagation of activity in network structures]. In: XII Vserossijskoe soveshhanie po problemam upravlenija [XII All-Russian Conference on Control Problems], Moscow,... ... обращения: 03.11.2014).
13. Pylypenko, I. V. 2004, Principial'nye razlichija v koncepcii promyshlennyh klasterov i territorial'no-proizvodstvennyh kompleksov [Fundamental differences in the concept of industrial clusters and clustering], Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta. Serija 5. Geografija [Bulletin of Moscow University. Series ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
This article considers major trends in the spatial and sectoral structure of national production and analyses the patterns of transformation of industrial systems into integrated industrial complexes, which show higher efficiency in transit condiétions. The author presents ... ... devising and implementing a more structured industrial policy in Russia is developed
1. Alekseev, A. I., Mironenko, N. S. 2000, Territorial'naja organizacija i integracija v mirovoe hozjajstvo Rossii na rubezhe vekov [Territorial organization and the integration ...
The influence of center-periphery development on the alteration of CIS territorial structure of industry
Трансформация основных свойств урбаноземов Калининграда //
Вестник КГУ. Сер. Экология региона Балтийского моря. 2003, №
1. С. 98—102.
Chasovskiy V. I.
CIS, industrial areas, central andperipheral development, territorial structure of industry.
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
This article addresses the problem of definition and identification of clusters as localized mesoeconomic ... ... CJeMI RAN, Moscow, Nauka.
9. Pilipenko, I. V. 2011, Klastery i territorial'no-proizvodstvennye kompleksy v regional'nom razvitii,... ... territorial'no-proizvodstvennyh kompleksov [The principal differences in the concept of industrial clusters and territorial production complexes], Vestnik ... ... no. 22, p. 324―344.
26. Iammarino, S., McCann, Ph. 2006, The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology ...
The role of the river Rhine in the formation of spatial structure of the economy of European countries (1st century BC — 19th century AD)
... practical significance of the article lies in identifying the early — previously insufficiently studied — stages of formation of territorial economic structure in the historical and geographical context.
1. Aslanov, L. A., 2001, Kultura i vlast’. Filosofskie zametki [Culture ... ... ITRK, 496 p.
2. Weber, A., 1926, O teorii razmeschenija promyshlennosti. T.1. Chistaja teorija razmeschenija [On the theory of industrial location. T. 1. The pure theory placement], Moscow, 185 p.
3. Motylev, V. E., 1961, Jekonomicheskaja istorija zarubezhnyh ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
Nowadays, one of the principal dimensions in attraction of the world economy structures is coastal territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities ... ... of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the economic development of ...
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
... [Investment strategies of large business and economy of regions], Moscow.
8. Lobanov, M. M. 2010, Transformatsija otraslevoj i territorial’noj struktury promyshlennosti postsotsialisticheskih stran Tsentral’no-Vostochnoj Jevropy [Transformation of industrial and territorial structure of industry of post-socialist countries of Central and Eastern Europe], PhD thesis, Moscow.
9. Mironenko, N. S., Fomichev, P. Yu., Giter, B. A. 1999, Transnatsionalizatsija mirovogo khozjajstva [Transnationalization of world economy], Prostranstvennyje ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
The uniqueness of a territorial socio-economic system lies in the specific features of spatial networking ... ... социология. 2003. № 4 (1). С. 45—63.
11. Ahuja G. Collaboration networks, structural holes, and innovation: A longitudinal study // Administrative Science Quarterly... ... P. 1003—1018.
21. Delgado M., Porter M. E., Stern S. Defining clusters of related industries // J. of Economic Geography. 2016. № 16 (1). P. 1—38.
Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
... important factor affecting competition in domestic markets. Considering the vastness of Russian territory, one can expect the pro-competitive effect to vary from region... ... result in high growth rates of international trade in the region, but rather lead to a structural shift towards import thus exerting additional competitive pressure on domestic... ... (accessed 1 August 2013).
6. Dixit, A. 1983, International trade policy for oligopolistic industries, Conference Papers, The Royal Economic Society and The Association of University...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
The article summarizes years of experience of geosituational modelling of coastal marine systems in the Baltic Sea region and adjacent territories. Kaliningrad universities and academic institutions have done extensive ... ... combined with the empirical and statistical models for the assessment of the impact of industrial fishing on marine environment, minimizing the consequences of storms, floods... ... forecasting of world dynamics], Moscow, 360 p. (In Russ.)
20. Tupikin, S. N. 2003, The structural analysis of gales in southeast Baltic and the Kaliningrad region. In: Kompleksnoe...
Conditions and perspectives of rural-urban partnership development in the Kaliningrad Region
The changing nature of rurality and rural studies in
// Journal of Rural Studies.
Klimenko N. A., Levchenko A. V.
CIS, industrial areas, central andperipheral development, territorial structure of industry
In pursuit of an innovation development trajectory of the Kaliningrad region
... competition, national innovation policies are increasingly seeking to promote the development of regional innovation systems to intensify innovative processes and to enhance the economic competitiveness of territories. An efficient regional innovation policy requires a territorial adaptive... ... development during a change in their functioning mode. In this work, I analyse the current structure of the Kaliningrad regional innovation system, of which some elements date... ... stages.
Mikhaylova А. А.
territorial innovation system, economic development, industrial cluster, innovation process, innovation economy, scientific and technological...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed and well-formed regions of international cooperation. It is a ... ... and municipalities of the countries located on the Baltic Sea coast and its adjacent territories. The Baltic Sea region has both unresolved problems and potential for development... ... Lachininskii, А. S., Semenova, I. V. 2016, The geoeconomic factor in formation of spatial structure of the St. Petersburg coastal area, Regional Research of Russia, Vol. 6, no...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
This article explores the current condition and spatial dynamics of the key socioeconomic processes in the coastal zone of the European s... ... European coastline necessitate the zoning of subcontinent’s coastal territories and contiguous water areas. The findings of EU maritime ... ... sredy v okeane i regional'noe razvitie primorskih rajonov[Port and industrial complexes in the problem of relations between society ... ... EU, socioeconomic development, maritime industry, territorial structure of economy, gross regional product, population
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
Network cooperation — the most efficient form of unlocking the economic and natural potential of territories — is rapidly developing in Russia under the influence of global processes.... ... development strategies in the region, and note that the creation of a regional GIS structure can become a necessary component of the region’s information and communication... ... kompleksy kak kljuchevye elementy subektov primorskih territorial'nyh uzlov [Marine port industrial complexes as key economic subjects of the seaside territorial junctures]...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... methodological approach to designing geographic information systems of health and environmental monitoring for urban areas. Geographic ... ... an integrated assessment of the environmental status of a large industrial centre or a part of it. The authors analyse the environmental ... ... territorij: teoriya GIS i prakticheskij opyt [Sustainable development of territories: theory of GIS and practical experience], Barnaul, ... ... information mapping of administrative and economic territories and their structures (on the example of the Baikal region)], PhD thes., Novosibirsk,...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
The authors propose an empirical analysis of the current situation in monotowns. The study questions the perceived seriousness ... ... presents. The authors use a cluster analysis to divide monotowns into groups for further structural comparison. The structural differences in the available databases limit the... ... attention is paid to the monotowns that were granted the status of advanced development territories. A comparative analysis makes it possible to study their general characteristics...
Transnational tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic sea region
The issue of tourist destination management has been widely reflected in scientific literature. However, transnational destinations, i.e.... ... marginalisation of the tourism industry, which resulted in a systematic decrease in state funding for maintaining destination management structures. Acquiring the European Union funds from the European Territorial Cooperation Programs has become a partial but not entirely effective solution to this problem.
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
This article defines coastal zones as a priority subject of studies in social geography and interprets coastalisation of population and economy ... ... 2008, Struktura i svoystva morekhozyaystvennogo potentsiala primorskoy territorii [Structure and properties of marine economic potential of the maritime area], Vestnik... ..., Promyshlennyy «sdvig k moryu» i formirovanie portovo-promyshlennykh kompleksov [Industrial "shift to the sea" and the formation of a port and industrial complexes]...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
Earliest studies into the influence of the sea on the economy and settlement structure date back to the mid-19th century. They became common in the 20th century.... ... from place to place. This article focuses on the most significant differences between territories and countries. These differences reflect the uneven influence of the proximity... ... oil in the Baltic], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
14. Lavrov, S. B., Salnikov, S. S. 1975, Industrial "shift to the sea" and the formation of industrial-port complexes...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... competitive resource for forging partnerships. An effective place branding policy is impossible without a precise understanding of the interests of stakeholder groups. It is essential to realize that each region is unique in its own way. Territories differ in the structure of stakeholders, their influence on regional development, and the range of leverages over regional decision-makers. ... ... Polytechnic University. Economic sciences], no. 6 (256), p. 122—129. (in Russ.)
9. Innovative infrastructure, Committee on Industrial Policy and Innovation of St. Petersburg, available at:
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
In recent years, the development of historical cities has been high on research agenda. This is explained by the growing ... ... istoricheskikh territorii [Problems of the origin and development of unique historical territories], Moscow. (in Russ.)
6. Lappo, G. M. (ed.) 1994, Goroda Rossii [Towns of... ... Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2017, The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 4—18. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2017-2-1...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
Regardless of the geography of regions, management at the regional level, both in Russia and the ... ... Kuznetsova, A. L. 2014, The Balance Model of Regional Development Management in Certain Territorial Conditions: Development and Application, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 4−21... ... 285—307.
27. Ju, J., Yu, X. 2015, Productivity, profitability, production and export structures along the value chain in China, Journal of Comparative Economics, Vol. 43...