Managerial skills and the strategic potential of organisations
The radical changes in the environment of contemporary organisations call for an analysis of their strategic potential. On the basis of resource approach and its most advanced versions - dynamic capabilities and core competence concept – this article analyses the key element of potential – managerial skills.
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... attraction of the world economy structures is coastal territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities of development of coastal zones taking into account the changes in the strategic situation in order to maintain the components of marine potential of the Russian Federation at the level of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic ...
The concept of open innovations and a study into the strategic potential of organisations
This article analyses the role of strategic potential of organisations in ensuring its competitiveness in a dynamic environment. The author considers the process of open innovation management. Special attention is paid to the joint activities of a number of organisations in innovative research ...
The strategic potential of an organisation: A theoretical framework for research
This article considers the problems of securing competitive advantages of an organisation in a dynamic environment and focuses on the key methodological approaches to studying the strategic potential of an organisation (SPO). Special attention is paid to the resource approach and the concept of dynamic capabilities, as well as the features of non-profit organisations' SPO.
1. Барни Дж. Б. Может ли ресурсная концепция ...
The international cooperation ability of management in the strategic potential of an organisation
On the basis of the resource approach to analysing the mechanism of the formation and application of competitive advantages of organisation, this article stresses the need for the examination of the category of the "strategic potential of an organisation. The author considers the ability of the management of organisation to cooperate at the international level, or the international cooperation capability (ICA), in the framework of a more advanced version of the resource approach ...
Strategic competitiveness of organisations in knowledge economy
... организаций // Вестник Балтийского федерального университета им. И. Канта. 2012. Вып. 3. С. 32—41.
18. Calunic D., Rodan S. Resource recombination’s in the firm: knowledge structures and the potential for Schumpeterian innovation// Strategic Management Journal.1998. Vol. 19. P. 1193—1201.
19. Drejer A. Strategic Management and Core Competencies. Theory and Applications.Quorum Books, 2002.
20. Handelsbbatt. 2009. September 23. N 183. S. 9.
21. IMHE News. 2012. Januar.
The methodological framework for the study of strategic potential of organisations
This article stresses the need to bring the expressions "strategic potential of an organisation" (SPO) into academic use. The author examines the role of this notion among the specific concepts of strategic management theory and analyses the content of SPO in the framework of new institutional and evolutionary economics....
The dynamic capabilities concept and the analysis of strategic potential of learning organisation
This article analyses the methodological framework of research on strategic potential of organizations in dynamic global environment. The author examines the factors responsible for sustainable competitive advantages of an organization and considers the role of intangible assets, predominantly, such unique assets as organizational ...
Methodological bases for the analysis of the strategic potential of learning organisations
... Менеджмент. 2003. Вып. 4. С. 133—184.
Прахалад К. К., Хамел Г.
Ключевая компетенция корпорации // Вестник СПбГУ. Сер. Менеджмент. 2003. Вып. 3. С. 18—46.
strategic potential, learning organization, dynamic capabilities, integrated training base, knowledge resources.
The strategic potential of an organisation and the models of programming solutions in the conditions of uncertainty
This article considers the problems of studying the strategic potential of organisations in the modern conditions. The authors analyse the methods of allowing for the uncertainty factor within the programming solution development procedures.
1. Друкер П. Ф. Задачи менеджмента в XXI веке ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... Petersburg State Economic University], no. 3 (54), p. 90—98. (in Russ.)
3. Grinchel, B. M. 2007, Assessment of the competitive potential of the regions of the North-West of Russia, Ekonomika Severo-Zapada: problemyi i perspektivyi razvitiya [Economics of ... ... Marketing Academy Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, p. 2.
25. Balakrishnan, M. S. 2008, Dubai — A star in the east: A case study in strategic destination branding, Journal of Place Management and Development, Vol. 1, p. 62—91. DOI:
Tourism development in border areas: a benefit or a burden? The case of Karelia
... borderlands as regards the development of tourism in seven municipalities of Karelia. I examine summarised data available from online and other resources, as well as my own observations. Using median values, I rely on the method of content analysis of strategic documents on the development of cross-border municipalities of Karelia. My research focuses on the tourism and recreation potential of borderlands and analyses the development of local tourism infrastructure. I describe the major types of tourism, examine tourist flows, and consider the strategic aspects of tourism at the municipal level. I identify the strengths and limitations ...
Assessment of Alternatives of Organisation’s Strategic Potential Development by Method of Analytic Hierarchy Process (HPA)
This article analyses the decision-making process in the field of formation and development of organisations’ potential and justifies the application of Analytic Hierarchy Process. The author considers the key stages of the implementation of this method and evaluates the advantages of its application in comparison to other multicriteria alternative assessment ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural territory development. The authors summarise conceptual and strategic approaches and actions of the Baltic region states in the field of sustainable development of rural territories. The ... ... common for the Baltic region, relating to sustainability of rural territories, including sustainable use of natural resource potential, diversification of production through support for non-agricultural activities and employment, application of innovations ...
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... changes in the Baltic Sea region at the turn of the XX and XXI centuries. The authors assess the political, economic and military potential of individual countries and groups of countries. Ranking the selected countries and grouping them according to the similarity ... ....gutenberg.org/ebooks/14
25. The Military Balance. 1990—1991, 1990, London, The International Institute for Strategic Studies, 245 p.
26. The Military Balance. 2016, 2016, London, The International Institute for Strategic Studies, 501 ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... country’s North-West as an example. The authors explore factors behind the formation of a new development strategy for historical cities and analyse conditions necessary for the efficient exploitation of the historical cities’ tourism and recreation potential. The findings obtained suggest that strategic areas of tourism and recreation development in Russia’s historical cities should be identified depending on city type, development conditions and other relevant factors.
1. Alekseeva, L. I. 1998, The fate of small historical towns in the ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... emphaisises the need for regional businesses to interpret new knowledge as a key value for developing the competitive and innovative potential.
1. Applehans W., Globe A., Laugero G. Managing knowledge: a practical webbased approach. Addison Wesley Professional,... ... 4, № 1.
22. Szulanski G. Exploring Internal Stickiness: Impediments to the Transfer of Best Practice Within the Firm // Strategic Management Journal 17 (Special Issue Winter). 1996.
23. Hurt M., Hurt S. Transfer of managerial practices by French ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... Moscow, 120 p. (in Russ.)
33. Shodorova, N. M. 2011, Competitiveness of the transboundary territories of the Baltic region: strategic aspect: (conference materials), INTEREKSPO GEO-SIBIR, Vol. 3., no. 1, p. 152—155. (in Russ.)
34. Yuricheva, E. Yu.... ... modern Russia's economy], no. 3, p. 174—179. (in Russ.)
Bazhenov Y. N., Elsukov M. Y., Podshuveit O. V.
foreign economic potential of the region, competitiveness of the region, foreign trade, territorial brand
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... region], In: XI Obshherossijskij forum «Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii» [XI All-Russian Forum "Strategic Planning in Regions and Cities of Russia"], Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2012, available at: http://datis.pro/upload/838/domnina_zhuraxovskaya_gritsenko.... ... K. 1998, Ocenka prirodno-resursnogo potenciala territorii s ispol'zovaniem GIS-tehnolgij [Assessment of the natural resource potential of the area using GIS tehnolgiya], Regional'naja ekologija [Regional ecology], no. 1, p. 17—23.
14. Voroshin, S. ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... Schürmann C.
Transport and accessibility in the Baltic Sea Region — structures and perspectives // Spatial Planning and development in the Baltic Sea Region. Bonn 2009:8/9. P. 547—560.
Blažauskas N., Fedorov G., Klimenko N.
et al. Potentials of the east — Baltic States, Russia and Belarus // Ibid. P. 569—586.
Cieślak A., Jakubowska P.
et al. Compendium on Maritime Spatial Planning systems in the Baltic Sea Region countries. Warsaw, Gdansk, 2009.
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... Rossii v Arktike: utochnenie strategicheskih prioritetov [Development of marine economy of Russia in the Arctic: refine the strategic priorities], candidate dissertation thesis, Moscow.
7. Voytolovsky, G. K. 1973, Geografija morskih putej i promyshlennogo ... ... G. G. 2009, Metodologija i metody ocenki morskogo potenciala primorskih territorij [Methodology and methods of assessing the potential of marine coastal areas], thesis of the doctoral dissertation, Moscow.
10. Dergachov, V. А. 1980, Prirodno-hozjajstvennaja ...
Geopolitical development potential of the Russian exclusive region: search for key strategy and mechanisms for its implementation in new conditions
The challenges of regional strategic development planning for contemporary Russia are of major socio-economic and political importance. With regard to the Kaliningrad region since when it was established, the problem of choosing a development strategy has always been and ...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... focus on the scientific and theoretical aspects of cross-border cooperation and examine the role of tourism, and recreational potential and its effective use. The authors employ the methods of expert judgement and statistical analysis, refer to the surveys ... ... 31—52.
7. Stabell, C. B., Fjeldstad, Ø. D. 1998, Configuring value for competitive advantage: On chains, shops and networks, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 19, p. 413—437.
8. Goeldner, C. R., Ritchie, J. R. B., McIntosh, R. W. 2000, Tourism Components ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
17. Railway advances reveal strategic interests in the Baltics, 2014, Delfi. lt, November 3, available at:
http://en.delfi.lt/nordic-baltic/railway-advances-revealstrategic-interests-in-the-baltics.... ... Status in World Politics, Cambridge University Press.
23. Stiller, S., Wedemeier, J. 2011, The Future of the Baltic Sea Region: Potentials and challenges, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
24. Tanner, A. 1995, Baltic Sea: Security Tomorrow — ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... federal, regional, and local significance. The research significance of this study is associated with the further development of strategic planning, namely, marine planning. Its practical significance is in devising the legal and methodological framework ... ... 2009, Baltijskoe more: primorskie regiony i ih morehozjajstvennyj potencial [Baltic Sea: coastal regions and marine economic potential],
Jekonomicheskie strategii [Economic strategies], Vol. 11, no. 8, p. 150—155.
8. Ghoghoberidze, G. G., Domnina,...
The coastal factor in spatial development programmes for the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... the Kaliningrad region. We believe that the municipalities that use this factor to a limited degree do not fully realise the potential of their geographical location. Alongside employing other development resources, it is logical for the municipalities ... ... municipalities of the region plan to benefit from the coastal factor in terms of socio-economic development. From our analysis of strategic documents and programmes of regional municipalities, we conclude that the most diversified approach to the coastal ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
From the perspective of the modern system of domestic relations facilitating the development of research and industrial potential of the country and aimed at creating the conditions for the development of science intensive industries, which extract ... ... Motion. Vilnius.
28. Dijokienė, D. 2009. Urban Heritage of Historical Suburbs. Vilnius.
29. Bivainis, J. (et al.). 2009. Strategic planning in public institutions. Vilnius.
30. Andriušaitienė, D. 2008. Development of labour market of depressed ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... geoekology], Proceedings of the conference, Kaliningrad, p. 228-230.
20. Fedorov, G. M. 2014, Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p. 58—67. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-5.... ... Urban planning institute of the RS.
26. Gundlash, E. R., Hayes, M. O. 1978 , Classification of costal environments in terms of potential vulnerability to oil spill damage, Marine Technology Society Journal, Vol.12, no. 4, p. 18-27.
27. Malczewski, J. 1999 ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... allies and in doing so, it stops performing a purely defensive mission declared by Washington. It is stressed that the deployment of mobile sea- and land-based BMD elements in the Baltic Sea region and Nordic countries will inevitably destabilize the strategic situation and may lead to a new round of arms race in the region. The efficacy of BMD in Europe is evaluated from the perspective of military technology. The system’s potential threats to Russia’s military security and its armed forces are assessed. The article considers measures to enhance national security that could be taken by Russia provided the US plans to deploy BMD in Europe are fully implemented.
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
..., p. 24—34.
8. Voloshenko, K.Yu. 2012, The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of scientific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects, Balt. Reg., no. 4(14), p. 16-28. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-4-2.... ... [State Policy of the Russian Federation in the field of international scientific and technological cooperation: conceptual — strategic base], Politika i obshhestvo [Politics and Society], no. 9, p. 4—22.
32. Bradach, J. L., Eccles, R. G. 1989, Price,...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... transformation of migration and mobility globally. In: Migration snapshot, August 2020.
29. Moroz, H., Shrestha, M., Testaverde, M. 2020, Potential responses to the COVID-19 outbreak in support of migrant workers, World Bank Group. “Living Paper”, Version 10, ... ... strategiya Rossii [Proposals for the Migration Strategy of Russia until 2035 Migration Strategy of Russia], Moscow, Center for Strategic Research. 25 September 2017, available at: