Theoretical problems of developing a healthcare strategy for students within a regional education system
The author's treatment of key concepts and terms of strategic planning is given in the article in relation to health protection of those studying within an education system, namely, the concept and strategy of health protection, strategic choice of education system, the purpose of students’ health protection, ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... the task of developing such mechanism. In this article we address key strategies that can be used in the development of marine planning tools: assessment of applicability of the existing legal framework to water relations; territorial development and strategic planning; and possible distribution of authority between different governing bodies in this new field of administrative activity.
1. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Perspektivy povyshenija konkurentosposobnosti morehozjajstvennogo kompleksa v uslovijah razvitija ...
Strategic planning of small towns development in the Kaliningrad region
The article examines some geographical features of strategic planning of small cities in the Kaliningrad region. The article reveals institutional and secondary measures for perfection of strategy and improvements of investment attractiveness of small towns in the Kaliningrad region.
Geographical factors as a principle of strategic planning of municipal entities
... should be used by the developers of strategic documents as guidelines. The author pays particular attention to the geographical factors explaining their importance for the municipal entities of the Kaliningrad region and comes to the conclusion that strategic planning of the development of municipal entities should be based on the geographical features of territory that are prevalent in determining the course of economic development. The results of the research can be used by regional or municipal authorities ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... increase its contribution to the socioeconomic development], Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii: strategija modernizacii i modernizacija strategij. Doklady uchastnikov IX Obwerossijskogo Foruma liderov strategicheskogo planirovanija [Strategic planning in the regions and cities of Russia: a strategy of modernization and upgrading strategies. Reports of the IX All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Leaders]. St. Petersburg, 18—19 October 2010, St. Petersburg, Leontief Centre, pp. 119—122....
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
... economy], no.1 (43), p. 36—43.
4. Zhyharevych, Ye. S. (ed.), 2012, Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii: resursy dlja razvitija / Doklady uchastnikov jubilejnogo H Obshherossijskogo foruma liderov strategicheskogo planirovanija [Strategic planning in the regions and cities of Russia: Resources for Development / reports of the participants of the anniversary X All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Leaders], St. Petersburg 17—19 October, 2011, St. Petersburg, Leont'evskij centr, 152 p....
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... Region. Turku scool of economics and business administration, Discussion. 1998. Р. 2.
28. Vision and Strategy around the Baltic. URL: http://vasab.leontief.net/vasab2010/part2r.htm (дата обращения: 01.06.2014).
spatial planning, strategic planning, territorial planning, trans-border regions
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... regulations, publications, and maps. The main result of the study is the identification of functional offshore areas of federal, regional, and local significance. The research significance of this study is associated with the further development of strategic planning, namely, marine planning. Its practical significance is in devising the legal and methodological framework for marine spatial planning.
1. Strategija razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti Rossijskoj Federacii do 2030 goda, utverzhdena rasporjazheniem ...
On the relation between spatial concepts, strategic and territorial planning in the Russian Federation in the context of the development of the Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon region
... border territory of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Poland), maritime (combines a water body, and a land area) territorial system, which requires a special attitude to coordination between between the concepts of spatial, territorial and strategic planning. The article studies the issues of spatial, territorial and strategic planning in the modern management practice in Russia and in the region of Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon in particular. The research focuses on the opportunities of creating ...
A scenario approach to the strategic development of the fishing industry in the Kaliningrad region
This article examines scientific approaches to scenario planning and analyses the algorithm of business development scenarios. The authors summarise a vast array of information. An analysis ... ... fishing industry is carried out and the problems of regional industry development are identified and systematised. Based on a strategic analysis of the regional fishing industry, different development scenarios are formulated and possible strategic decisions ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... related to its implementation. Particular attention is paid to Northwest Russia and Kaliningrad region. Promoting innovation clusters, metropolitan networks and urban-rural partnerships, improving accessibility as well as enhancing maritime spatial planning and management are key issues to be solved in transnational cooperation
— Gdansk Declaration. Sixth Conference of Ministers responsible for spatial planning and development in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk 19 September ...
Problems of the development of pre-agglomeration (semiperipheral) municipalities on the example of the Gvardeysk urban district
... economic system (region) The purpose of this study is to identify the main development problems of a special type of territory — pre-agglomeration territories and to identify possible solutions. Based on the analysis of statistical data, documents of strategic planning of municipalities, as well as programs for the integrated development of transport infrastructure at the level of the Kaliningrad city agglomeration and the Gvardeysk urban district,the author justifies proposals on the formation of a contractual ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... Sciences. 2005. Vol. 71, № 2. P. 217—228.
8. Brugha R., Varvasovszky Z. Stakeholder analysis: a review // Health Policy and Planning. 2000. Vol. 15, № 3. P. 239—246.
9. Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. Blackwell, 1997.... ... the corporation: Concepts, evidence, and implications // Academy of management Review. 1995. P. 65—91.
15. Freeman R. E. Strategic Management: A Stakeholder Approach. Boston, MA.1984.
16. Freeman R. E., Wicks A. C., Parmar B. Stakeholder Theory ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... multi-factor and multi-level spatial system. The proposed system is applied to a complex analysis of coastal territories of the Russian Baltic, the estimation of a socio-economic factor of coastal zone marine potential, as well as recommendations for long-term planning of the economic development of Russia’s coastal zones of the Baltic Sea and the organization of marine activities. This methodology can help to identify a role of coastal territories in the economy and reflect perspectives and directions of strategic development of coastal zones, and sea industrial and port facilities of the Russian Federation.
1. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2009, Baltijskoe more: primorskie regiony i ih morehozjajstvennyj potencial [Baltic Sea: coastal regions and marine economic ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... pollution]. In: Orlenok, V. V. (ed.), Pribrezhnaya zona morya:. Morfolitodinamika i geoekologiya [Nearshore: morfolitodinamic and geoekology], Proceedings of the conference, Kaliningrad, p. 228-230.
20. Fedorov, G. M. 2014, Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p. 58—67. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-5.
21. Khaustov, A. P., Redina, M. M. 2011, Modernizatsiya sistemy ekologicheskogo normirovaniya na osnove yevropeyskogo opyta upravleniya kachestvom ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... Anidentity Based Approach to Place Branding Theory, Marketing Theory, Vol. 13, no. 1, p. 1—18. DOI:
34. Silva Oliveira, E. H. 2015, Place branding in strategic spatial planning: A content analysis of development plans, strategic initiatives and policy documents for Portugal 2014—2020, Journal of Place Management and Development, Vol. 8, no. 1, p. 23—50. DOI:
35. Snieska, V., Zykiene, I. 2015, City attractiveness for investment: ...
Network Transformations in Economy
32. Iacobucci D., Hopkins N. Modeling dyadic interactions and networks in marketing // Journal of Marketing Research. 1992. № 29. P. 5—17.
33. Jadjev H., Browne J. The extended enterprise — a context for manufacturing // Production Planning and Control. 1998. № 9 (3). P. 216—29.
34. Jarillo J. C. Strategic Networks: Creating the Bordeless Organization. Oxford: Butterworth — Heinemann, 1993.
35. Jones C., Hesterly W. S., Borgatti S. P. A general theory of network governance: exchange conditions and social mechanisms // Academy of Management ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... basin. Cooperation between the port and the city authorities allowed the port administration to improve road access to the port of Gdynia. The key investment project aims to link the port of Gdynia to the TriCity ring road. Apart from it, there are plans to improve access to the railroad network. Railway line 201 to Bydgoszcz is to be modernised to transport cargoes from Gdynia further inland. The current and future strategic investments create conditions for growth in handling both container and other types of cargo in the port of Gdynia and significantly improve competitiveness of the maritime sector.
1. Álvarez-SanJaime, Ó., Cantos-Sánchez, P., Moner-Colonques,...
Current Issues in the Geodemographic Studies in Russia
... sufficient attention, and the use of geodemographic studies in managing regional development remains limited. This article aims to demonstrate three things: the importance of geodemographic approach in comprehensive regional studies to the needs of regional strategic planning; the key features of geodemographic typology of Russian constituent entities; the need for a differentiated approach to geodemographic management in regions of different types. The cluster approach is used to identify types of Russian regions ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
10. Shishkin, A. I., Shishkin, A. A. 2015, Upravleniye ekonomicheskimi protsessami v regione (analitika na osnove praktiki strategicheskogo planirovaniya v Karelii) [Management of economic processes in a region (analytics based on the practice of strategic planning in Karelia], Saint-Petersburg.
11. Baumgartner, D., Pütz, M., Seidl, I. 2013, What kind of entrepreneurship drives regional development in European non-core regions? A literature review on empirical entrepreneurship research, European Planning ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... of mesoregions — coastal development corridors, which make an important contribution to the economic development and consolidation of the Baltic macroregion. In transnational macroregions, such typological differences must be taken into account in strategic and spatial planning at the intergovernmental level.
1. Alkhimenko, A. P. 1992, Issues of the regional organization of marine nature management and management of marine complexes. In: Alkhimenko, A. P. (ed.) Regional'naya organizatsiya i upravlenie morekhozyaistvennymi ...
Developing and testing a balanced scorecard for a trading company
This article presents a case of developing a balanced performance scorecard for a Kaliningrad trading company. A general solution includes five stages: analysing economic performance, studying dependencies between performance indicators, building strategic map charts, identifying goals and planning relevant measures, and assessing the efficiency of such measures.
1. Каплан Р. С., Нортон Д. П. Сбалансированная система показателей. От стратегии к действию. М., 2005....
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
....eu/energy/infrastructure/doc/2009_bemip_mou_signed. pdf (accessed 26 March 2013).
12. Baltic Energy Market Interconnection Plan. 4th Progress Report, 2012, June 2011- May 2012, European Commission. Energy, p. 14—18, available at:http://ec.europa. ... ... November, available at: http://www. rosbalt. ru/2009/11/02/685305.html (accessed 30 March 2013).
15. Hitachi Sel ected as Strategic Investor for New Nuclear Power Plant Project in Lithuania, 2011, Hitachi. News Releases, July 14, available at: http://www....
Demographic Situation and Demographic Security in the Regions of Russia’s Western Borderlands
... more detailed definition of demographic security and a better methodology of regional population studies. In practical terms, the study has relevance to the development of proposals for improving national and regional demographic policy and regional strategic planning given the identified typological differences.
Fedorov G. M.
demographic situation, demographic situation, demographic security, Russia, Western borderlands
Sustainable development of coastal territories as a basis for integrated management of coastal zones
... The term ‘coastal territory’ and its management are considered from the perspective of the Russian and several foreign legislations. Special attention is paid to the concept of sustainable development and the need to apply its key provisions in strategic planning and the integral management of coastal zones.
1. Арманд А. Д. Самоорганизация и саморегулирование географических систем. М., 1988.
2. Википедия прибрежных зон: ...
On the models of modern research and education pol-icy in the Baltic region states
... through introducing innovations in education and science. The general education policy trend in these countries shows that most of public investment is allocated to universi-ties and newly formed joint research centers. The authors study the case of strategic planning at the I. Kant Baltic Federal University.
1. Жуковский И. И., Клемешев А. П., Симаева И. Н., Федоров Г. М. Системы образования зарубежных стран Балтийского ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
27. Spruogis, B. (et al.). 2009. Theory and Application of the Means for Transmission and Stabilization of the Rotary Motion. Vilnius.
28. Dijokienė, D. 2009. Urban Heritage of Historical Suburbs. Vilnius.
29. Bivainis, J. (et al.). 2009. Strategic planning in public institutions. Vilnius.
30. Andriušaitienė, D. 2008. Development of labour market of depressed regions of the country. Vilnius.
31. Kalinauskas, R. 2008. The energy and entropy in the grounds of the humanism. Vilnius.
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
...., Asheim B. T. Nodes, networks and proximities: On the knowledge dynamics of the Medicon valley biotech cluster // European Planning Studies. 2004. № 12 (7). P. 1003—1018.
21. Delgado M., Porter M. E., Stern S. Defining clusters of related industries ... ... Interorganizational alliances and the performance of firms: a study of growth and innovation rates in a high-technology industry // Strategic Management Journal. 2000. № 21 (8). P. 791—811.
43. Tayarani M., Poorfakhraei A., Nadafianshahamabadi R., Rowangould ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... deployment of mobile sea- and land-based BMD elements in the Baltic Sea region and Nordic countries will inevitably destabilize the strategic situation and may lead to a new round of arms race in the region. The efficacy of BMD in Europe is evaluated from the ... ... forces are assessed. The article considers measures to enhance national security that could be taken by Russia provided the US plans to deploy BMD in Europe are fully implemented.
1. Arbatov, А. 2014, Protivoraketnye debaty: v poiskah soglasijaа [Missile ...
The functional determination of speech aspects of a document
This article examines speech aspects of a strategic planning document — the Development Concept — and identifies factors determining its specifics. The text of the Concept is analysed using the communicative-genre approach, often employed in recent research works. This approach produces an integrated ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... 2009, Torgovaja set': formirovanie i strategicheskoe upravlenie na raznyh jetapah razvitija [Trading Network: formation and strategic management at different stages of development], Kaliningrad, 87 p.
7. Bolychev O., Fidrya E. 2013, Issledovanija mezhorganizacionnyh ... ... Moscow, 174 p.
20. Amin, A., Cohendet, P. 1999, Learning and adaptation in decentralised business networks, Environment and Planning: Society and Space, no. 17 (1), p. 87—104.
21. Bathelt, H. 2002, The re-emergence of a media industry cluster in ...
Land Use Policy and Land Management in Estonia
... towards land market development and an increase in production and investment in land use. Estonian land resources are a reliable strategic investment.
1. Lemmen, Chr., van Oosterom, P., Bennett, R. 2015, The Land Administration Domain Model, Land Use ... ... Verburg, P. H. 2015, Manifestations and underlying drivers of agricultural land use change in Europe, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 133, p. 24—36. DOI: 10.1016/j. landurbplan.2014.09.001.
13.Garmanov, V. V., Badenko, V. L., Trutnikov, V. E. ...
Methods for assessing the quality of life of Russian urban youth
... analysis of the existing methods for assessing the quality of life of cities and propose a method for assessing Russian cities as experienced by youth. The main result of this study is a method that can be used by municipal authorities in preparing strategic planning documents. I conclude that the existing methods for assessing the quality of life of cities are poorly applicable in practice and thus they require substantial improvement. At the same time, the proposed method is suited to assess both large ...
Geopolitical development potential of the Russian exclusive region: search for key strategy and mechanisms for its implementation in new conditions
The challenges of regional strategic development planning for contemporary Russia are of major socio-economic and political importance. With regard to the Kaliningrad region since when it was established, the problem of choosing a development strategy has always been and remained an urgent issue....
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... the Baltic Sea region. These recommendations range from the suggestion of joint revisions of mutual conceptual perceptions and strategic goals pursued by the EU and Russia in the Baltic Sea region to more practical measures in the institutional, administrative,... ....com/download/document/72/?language=ru (accessed 10 May 2013).
6. European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, 2010, Action Plan. December 2010 Version, Brussels, Commission of the European Communities, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docoffic/official/communic/baltic/action_17122010_en....
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
... governance is still unattainable for the Russian Federation, which uses the platform of common values predominantly to achieve strategic goals (section 4).
1. Nikolskiy, A. 2012, Presidential Election Transparent and Democratic — CIS Observers, RIA ... ... at: http://eng. globalaffairs. ru/number/n_10352 (accessed 3 March 2011).
15. PA, 2012, David Cameron to fight prison voting plan, The Independent, 23 May, available at: http://www. independent. co. uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-tofight-prison-voting-plan-7781521....
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... obrazovaniya v Sankt-Peterburge [Conceptual approaches to the development of the municipal system of continuous education in St. Petersburg], St. Petersburg, Krismas+, 150 p. (In Russ.)
3. Animica, E. G., Sharygin, M. D. 2007, Higher education — the strategic capital of Russia, Vestnik Permskogo universiteta, no. 6, p. 46—54. (In Russ.)
4. Benavides, L. G., Arredodo, V. 1992, To a new paradigm of planning in education, Perspektivy. Voprosy obrazovaniya, Vol. 77, no. 1/2, p. 123—136. (In Russ.)
5. Bologna Declaration. European Higher Education Area. Joint Statement of the European Ministers of Education. Bologna, 19 June 1999, 2004, Russia in ...
The coastal factor in spatial development programmes for the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... their geographical location. Alongside employing other development resources, it is logical for the municipalities to run projects taking advantage of the coastal factor. In this work, we set out to examine how the coastal municipalities of the region plan to benefit from the coastal factor in terms of socio-economic development. From our analysis of strategic documents and programmes of regional municipalities, we conclude that the most diversified approach to the coastal factor is employed in the Kaliningrad and Svetly city districts. In the other coastal municipalities, projects have a narrow ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... the efficient exploitation of the historical cities’ tourism and recreation potential. The findings obtained suggest that strategic areas of tourism and recreation development in Russia’s historical cities should be identified depending on city type,... ... al. 2006, Are Europeancities Becousing Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol.77, no. 1—2, p. 111—130.
33. Kosinski, L. 1967, Geografia ludnosc,. Warszawa, p. 280.
34. Kostrowicki, J. 1951,...
On trends in the development of cross-border cooperation in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
... 2015. № 2 (24). P. 4—12.
Perkmann М. Cross-border regions in Europe. Significance and Drivers of Regional Cross-border Cooperation //
Urban and Regional Studies. 2003. № 10(2). P. 71—153.
Fedorov G. Border position as a factor of strategic and territorial planning in Russian regions in the Baltic // Baltic region. 2014. № 3 (21). P. 58—67.
Fedorow G., Korniejewiec W., Zverev Ju. Obwod Kaliningradzki // Problemy wspolpracy transgraniczney z obwodem Kaliningradzkim. Gdynia ; Peplin. 2007. P. 142—211....
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural territory development. The authors summarise conceptual and strategic approaches and actions of the Baltic region states in the field of sustainable development of rural territories. The ... ... and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea, 2009, Action Plan, Brussels, SEC,712/2, available at: http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/russia/documents/eu_russia/action_plan_ru.pdf
Satisfaction of Polish Bank Employees with Incentive Systems: An Empirical Approach
... agency, Social Neuroscience, Vol. 10, no. 4, p. 418—430.
11. Gordon, A. A., Kaswin, J. 2010, Effective Employee Incentive Plans: Features and Implementation Processes, Cornell HR Review, p. 1—6.
12. Ibarra, H., Carter, N. M., Silva, C. 2010, Why ... ... Wang, H., Lim, S. S. 2008, Real options and real value: the role of employee incentives to make specific knowledge investments, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 29, no. 7, p. 701—721.
30. Wang, H. C., Barney, J. B. 2006, Employee Incentives to Make Firm-Specific ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... imagined and experienced, London, 269 p.
8. Moilanen, T., Rainisto, S. 2008, How to brand nations, cities and destinations: A planning book for place branding, London, 188 p.
9. Bazhenov, Yu. N., Nikulchenkov, K. E. 2009, Competitiveness of the Economies ... ... Moscow, 120 p. (in Russ.)
33. Shodorova, N. M. 2011, Competitiveness of the transboundary territories of the Baltic region: strategic aspect: (conference materials), INTEREKSPO GEO-SIBIR, Vol. 3., no. 1, p. 152—155. (in Russ.)
34. Yuricheva, E. Yu....
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... V. A. 2012, Vislinskaja laguna kak obekt strategii KUPZ regiona [Vistula Lagoon as the object of an ICZM strategy in the region], In: XI Obshherossijskij forum «Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii» [XI All-Russian Forum "Strategic Planning in Regions and Cities of Russia"], Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2012, available at: http://datis.pro/upload/838/domnina_zhuraxovskaya_gritsenko.pdf (accessed 10 September 2013).
8. Opportunities and Benefits of Joint Use of the Vistula Lagoon,...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... theory and practice], Tver, 203 p. (In Russ.)
7. Kuznetsova, Yu.V (eds.) 2014, Gosudarstvennoe strategicheskoe upravlenie [State strategic management], Saint Petersburg, 320 p. (In Russ.)
8. Kozbanenko, V. A. (eds.) 2002, Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie: osnovy ... ... Makroekonomicheskoe modelirovanie, prognozirovanie i planiovanie regionaln'ogo razvitiya [Macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and planning of regional development], Samara, 314 p. (In Russ.)
19. Amador, J., Cabral, S. 2016, Global value chains: A survey of ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... 2011, Social'nyj kontrakt kak instrument strategicheskogo razvitija municipal'nogo obrazovanija [Social contract as a tool for strategic development of the municipality], Problemnyj analiz i gosudarstvenno-upravlencheskoe proektirovanie [Problem analysis ... ... Carleton University Ottawa, Ontario Canada, Ottawa, 420 p.
39. Gill, A. M. 2002, Respecting context in Northern resource town planning: the case of Tumbler Ridge, Western Geography, no. 12, p. 113—129.
40. Green, H. 2010, The company town: the industrial ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... strategicheskogo razvitija Severo-Zapada Rossijskoj Federacii [Development of cross-border cooperation — a goal and a set of strategic objectives of the North-West of the Russian Federation], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky ... ....2014).
26. Rossija, Germanija i Pol'sha obsuzhdajut plany sotrudnichestva [Russia, Germany and Poland discuss cooperation plans], 2011, Telekanal Rossia [Russian TV channel], available at: http://my. mail.ru/video/bk/vesti.ru/politics/47135.html#video=/bk/vesti....