Effects of storm events on the upper atmos-phere in the Baltic sea
The paper presents the results of observations the ionospheric parameters in Kaliningrad (54° N, 20° E) during a meteorological storm in the Baltic sea on October 2018. The analysis of ionospheric variations showed the increase in the total electron content reached 20 % relative to the averaged values, and the increase in the critical frequency of the F2 layer was 19 % during ...
Deformations of the marinve coastline of the Curonian spit (South-Eastern Baltic Sea) during autumn-winter season of 2018—2019
A northern storm with a wind speed of up to 23 m/s, lasting 10 hours, with a wave height of 7—8 m, accompanied by a rise in sea level by 0.7 m, hit the coast of the Southeastern Baltic Sea in January 2019. The coast of the Russian part of the Curonian Spit was ...
The features of electron density behavior in the ionosphere-plasmasphere system above equatorial station Jicamarca in the end of September 2011
We present the analysis of the ionosonde and incoherent scatter radar (ISR) data of ionospheric parameters over Jicamarca (Peru) in quiet conditions and during geomagnetic storms on 22—29 September 2011. According to ISR data the estimation of the ionospheric contribution to the Total Electron Content (TEC) was carried out. These observation data are compared with GSM TIP model calculation results. The features of the ...
The prognostic characteristics of storm floods in the mouth of the River Pregolya (in the Kaliningrad region)
This article offers an analysis of a series of maximum values of annual levels in 1950-2009 and historical maximums of storm onsets in Kaliningrad. The authors calculated the linear trend equation and identified the duration of onset cycles. The article offers a forecast for 2016.
1. Любимова О. Е., Иванов С. Н., Бережный Б. Д. Анализ ...
Spectral characteristics of atmospheric disturbances at middle latitudes during geomagnetic storms
The paper discusses the possibility of physical interpretation of the global ionosphere disturbances during geomagnetic storms, and after them, based on Poincare waves excited in the atmosphere under such conditions. The spectrum of the diurnal variations TEC perturbations were obtained for the midlatitude stations located in the European longitude sector. It is shown ...
Numerical simulation of the ionospheric effects of geomagnetic storm on 2—3 may 2010 at the HF radio wave propagation in the low-latitude region
... of radio wave propagation. It is shown that the results obtained with joint using GSM TIP model and radio wave propagation model adequately describe HF radio paths in the Earth's ionosphere in quiet conditions and at the recovery phase of geomagnetic storm.
1. Котова Д. С., Клименко М. В., Клименко В. В. и др. Численное моделирование распространения радиоволн в приэкваториальной области ионосферы ...
Variability of climatic characteristics оver the South-East Baltic coastal waters in the early XXI century
... average annual atmospheric pressure is close to regular and equals to 1014.6 ± 1.7 hPa; its growth is estimated at a rate of 0.10 hPa/year. South-west and west winds prevail and they increase their speed during cold season. Increase in the number of storms is shown (+ 2 storms/15 years), however, the duration of storms has decreased and the maximum recorded wind speed has declined. The average annual air temperature over the south-eastern part of the Baltic Sea has increased by 1.6°C compared to ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... models lies in their specificity, a more detailed character (compared to the generalist ones) and the possibility of using them to back up managerial decisions in critical and emergency situations in order to minimize the negative effects of natural (storms, floods, earthquakes, etc.) and anthropogenic emergency situations. The authors developed a matrix classification attributable to a particular class of models for the situations leading to uncertain outcomes. The authors suggest using numerical ...
An analysis of possible damage of electrical devices by thunderstorm activity on the model of cloud-to-ground discharge
... радиоприема от мощных электромагнитных импульсов грозовой активности : патент на полезную модель № 128951 от 10.06.2013. М., 2013.
Ponimatkin V., Shpilevoy A.
storm activity, model of cloud-to-ground, earthing connection, the discharge channel, near zone, galvanic influence, current spreading
The altitude influence of the transmitter location on the formation of the short radio wave traces in the ionosphere
... numerical model of the Earth's upper atmosphere // Proc. MSTU.
1998. V. l, №
2. P. 23—84.
E., Kaschenko N.
A study of the coupling between ionospheric convection and thermothpheric circulation disturbed by magnetic storm // Physics of Auroral Phenomena. Proc. XXVII Annual Seminar/ ed. Kozelov B.
V. Apatity: Kola Sci.
Centre, RAS, 2004. P. 21—24.
Е., Черняк А.
Численная модель расчета радиотрасс ...
An assessment of the potential impact of the construction of a deepwater seaport on the hydrological regime of the Vistula lagoon
... Kolebanija urovnja Belogo morja. Ekaterinburg.
7. Davydenko, L. I., Ljadvik, N. S. 2001. Kaliningradskij morskoj kanal. Kaliningrad.
8. Mihajlov, V. N. 1998. Geografija, № 37, pp. 1—3.
level fluctuation, surface of reference, storm surges, salinity increase, roiling
Life forms of the Cardiidae on the Kaliningrad sea coast
... балтийских кардиид (по данным тафономического анализа) // Бюл. Моск. о-ва испытателей природы.М., 2010.
Romanchuk A., Krasnov Ye.
Baltic Cardiidae, morphometric characteristics, storm ecomorphs
Festung Königsberg in 1945: The garrison and its population. A reply to G. V. Kretinin’s remarks
... периодизации битвы за Восточную Пруссию в 1944—1945 гг. // Балтийский регион. 2010. № 2. С. 103—111.
5. Рокоссовский К. К. Солдатский долг. М., 1988.
6. Bagramyan I. The Storming of Königsberg // Main Front: Soviet leaders look back on World War II / ed. J. Erickson. L., 1987. Р. 221—244.
7. Bundesarchiv Berlin-Lichtenfelde. Former BDC Collection, Akten Lasch.
8. Bundesarchiv Lastenausgleichsarchiv and Militärarchiv,...
Non-verbal elements of a film text in the semiosis of power
... 2. P. 103—121.
19. Martin G. R. R. A Clash of Kings. N. Y., 2013.
20. Martin G. R. R. A Dance with Dragons. N. Y., 2013.
21. Martin G. R. R. A Feast for Crows. N. Y., 2013.
22. Martin G. R. R. A Game of Thrones. N. Y., 2013.
23. Martin G. R. R. A Storm of Swords. N. Y., 2013.
24. Payrató L. Non-verbal communication. Amsterdam ; Philadelphia, 2009.
Besedin A. S.
translation; film text; intersemiotic translation, semiotics
From the idea to the strategy of Baltic Europe
... Konwencja Helsińska a ochrona środowiska Morza Bałtyckiego,
Sroczyński P., Krzyżanowski P., 1990, Ocena współpracy międzynarodowej w Regionie Bałtyckim, Budownictwo Okrętowe i Gospodarka Morska, nr 11—12.
Storm Pedersen J. S., 1993, The Baltic Region and the New Europe,
Studzieniecki T.,1995, BTC, Bałtycka współpraca turystyczna, Czas Morza, nr 2(6).
Toczyski W.,(red.), 1998, Instytucje i ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... of the Future. In: Visions of the Future: what can be achieved with a Baltic Sea Strategy? Visby.
14. Mungiu-Pippidi, A. 2015, The Splintering of Postcommunist Europe, Journal of Democracy, Vol. 26, no. 1, p. 88—100.
15. Lucas, E. 2015, The Coming Storm. Baltic Sea Security Report, Center for European Policy Analysis.
16. Nichols, T. 2015, How America and Russia Could Start a Nuclear War, The National Interest, May 7, available at:
Shore ground monitoring methodology
... coastal regions and communities in a changing world : Proc. Intern. сonf. EMECS'11-SeaCoasts XXVI (Saint-Petersburg, 22—27 August, 2016). Saint-Petersburg, 2016. doi: 10.21610/conferencearticle_58b4315ec153d.
16. Bobykina V. P., Stont Zh. I. Winter Storm Activity in 2011—2012 and Its Consequences for the Southeastern Baltic Coast // Water Resources. 2015. Vol. 42, № 3. P. 371—377.
17. Boldyrev V., Bobykina V. The Coasts of the Vistula and Curonian Spits As Transboundary Territory // Transboundary ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... and their sustainability in times of COVID-19, Geneva, IOM.
25. Anderson, B., Poeschel, F., Ruhs, M. 2020, COVID-19 and systemic resilience: What role for migrant workers? Geneva, IOM.
26. Poletaev, D. 2020, Migration Consequences of the “Perfect Storm”: What Effect Will the Coronavirus Pandemic Have on Migration Issues? The Russian International Affairs Council, available at: