The ethnopolitical movement as a vehicle for nationalism institutionalisation in modern Latvia
... Latvia, a public ethnopolitical movement that substantially contributed to the independence of the modern Republic of Latvia. The study aims to identify how much the movement influenced the development of ethnic nationalism, which has become essential to statehood and the identification of politics. It continues to reinforce group inequality in this multiethnic country. The article describes the background and main landmarks of the movement. Content analysis of manifestos has been carried out to trace ...
The state-civil identity among the student youth of the Russian Federation: theoretical and applied aspects
... participants demonstrate a high level of state and civic identity. The focus-group method has shown its consistency in studying how this value orientation in the political consciousness of student youth develops. For the research participants, statehood is the semantic identity category. The research group also noted that the state-civic identity of university students formed an advantage in affective and cognitive aspects, while the conative component is not sufficiently represented in their ...
On some particular functions of the Palestinian national administration
... Abbas, Palestinian Election May Be Easy Part // The New York Times. URL:
palestinian-election-may-be-easy-part.html (дата обращения: 02.03.2020).
6. Frisch H. Countdown to Statehood: Palestinian State Formation in the West Bank and Gaza. SUNY Press, 2012.
7. Iqtait A. Aid and its limits in Palestine // The Interpreter. URL:
. lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/palestinian-aid-dwindling-dollars-delivering-little- ...
Development of economy in conditions of liberal reforms
... постиндустриальная волна на Западе: антология. М., 1999.
и ювенальная политика в XXI веке. СПб., 2004.
Afanasenko I. D.
globalization, global politics, national wealth, raw materials,
statehood, national interests , Russian world.
After «the collapse of the empire»: British-American his-toriography of the first half of the 1990s on the parallels in the history of formation of the 20th century Lithuanian statehood
This article explores the parallels between the Lithuanian movements for national independence in 1917—1920 and 1988—1991 as analyzed in the Anglo-American historiography of the first half of the 1990s. Such scholars as A. Lieven and other authors characterize some main similarities and differences between those movements. These scholars emphasize the ambiguity of the Soviet experience, as well as the internal conflicts within the Lithuanian political elite and demonstrate the productivity of the...
Russian Language Referendum as a Crisis of Latvian Statehood
1. В Латвии русский язык может получить региональный статус. URL:http://news.yandex.ru/yandsearch?cl4url=www.vesti.ru%2Fdoc.html%3Fid%3D720383 (дата обращения: 10.03.2012).
2. Еврейская община Латвии должна ответить за Линдермана. URL: http://www.regnum.ru/news/1499595.html (дата обращения: 16.02.2012).
3. Ежи Бузек транслирует ложную информацию о положении нацменьшинств в Латвии. URL: http://www.regnum.ru/news/1499989.html (дата обращения: 15.02.2012).
4. Затлерс призывает русскоязычных латвийцев...
How did Lithuania draw up its present borders?
The article describes the formation of the national territory of Lithuania during the interwar period. The author compares factors, which affected the formation of the Lithuanian statehood, analyses the country’s relations with the neighbouring states and describes the Soviet-Polish and the Soviet- German relations. A high degree of dependence on external influence and numerous internal weakness of the country influenced the ...
How did Lithuania draw up its present borders? Part II
The author analyses the process of the formation of Lithuania’s territory during the Soviet period of its history. Facts and factors influencing decisions on the territorial issues of Lithuanian statehood are considered through the prism of relations between the Soviet republics and the central authorities of the USSR. The economic development of Soviet Lithuania was a decisive factor in the republic’s territorial organization and management....
Enlightenment, Place and Identity: Imagining Russia in the Latvian Literature of the 18th—19th Centuries
1. Daija P. Baltijas apgaismības virzienu kontrasti un nozīme latviešu 18. gadsimta literatūras attīstībā // Latviešu literatūras procesi un personības. Rīga, 2008.
2. Daija P. Genesis of the Concept of Statehood and Perception of Patriotism in Latvian Enlightenment Literature // Latvia and Latvians: A People and a State in Ideas, Images and Symbols. Rīga, 2000.
3. Dann O., Hroch M. Einleitung // Patriotismus und Nationsbildung am Ende des Heiligen ...
Integration of Ethnic Groups and Regions into United Political and Legal Space: Characterising ‘Empire’ Scientific Category
... asymmetrical status of ethnic groups and regions in their relation to the centre. Their integration dynamics is preconditioned, first and foremost, by geopolitical and geo-economic factors. The author provides his own vision of the characteristics of imperial statehood.
Национальный вопрос во внутренней политике царизма (
вв.). СПб., 1998.
The European idea in Central Europe and Scandinavia as a part of the security and peaceful co-existence policy in the framework of the postwar planning
... 1958, Vol. 3, Washington.
10. Heather, D. 1992, The idea of European Union, L.
11. Holm, T. 1943, Från krig till fred, Uppsala.
12. Khennet, H. 1941, Nordens framtid, Mellanfolkligt Samarbete, Vol. 11, no. 2, p. 43—44.
13. Lot, V. 2000, Identity and statehood in the process of European integration, Journal of European integration history, Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 25.
14. Myrdal, A. 1943, Efterkrigsplanering, Mellanfolkligt samarbete, Vol. 13, no. 7, p. 137—138.
15. New York Times, 1943, 22 March, p. 4....
The Role of Small Countries in Post-Soviet Territorial Restructuring: the Baltic Case
... napravlenii [Temptation Reagan. Border states are becoming a significant factor in US policy towards Russia], Nezavisimaya Gazeta, no. 99 (3779).
16. Ilyin, М. V. 2011, Al'ternativnye formy suverennoj gosudarstvennosti [Alternative forms of sovereign statehood], Sravnitel'naja politika [Comparative Politics], no. 3 (5), p.14.
17. Ilyin, М. V. 2008, Vozmozhna li universal'naja tipologija gosudarstv? [Is a universal typology of states?], Politicheskaja nauka [Political science], no. 4.
The position of international community on the restoration of independence of the Baltic States
.... G (eds.), 1996, Helmut Kohl: „Ich wollte Deutschlands Einheit“ [Helmut Kohl: "I wanted German unity"], Berlin, Propyläen, 488 S.
7. Gyanzyalis, B. 2006, Peripetii priznanija gosudarstvennosti Litvy [The ups and downs recognizing the statehood of Lithuania]. In: Baltijskij put' k svobode. Opyt nenasil'stvennoj bor'by stran Baltii v mirovom kontekste [The Baltic Way to
Freedom. The experience of non-violent struggle of the Baltic States in a global context], Riga: Zelta grauds, 511 ...
Duty and Coercion in Kant’s Republican Cosmopolitanism
... cosmopolitan order depends on the moral equality among states, far from involving a hierarchy over governmental structure. Third, I will discuss that the only reason to perform an active role in the political sphere according to Kant stems from the statehood, so that to help other needy and less developed peoples and societies in order to boost that they achieve their autonomy as a state would not belong to the duties that a republic should abide to. Thus, the transformation of a human society into ...
The Works of Modern Russian Historians and the Historiography of Medieval Lithuania before and after the Red October
11. Kudiy, G. N. 2012, Russkaja Atlantida. Velikoe knjazhestvo Litovskoe, Russkoe i Zhemojtskoe v istorii i russkoj gosudarstvennosti. Fakty, mify i razmyshlenija [Russian Atlantis. Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Russian and Jemoit in history and Russian statehood. Facts, Myths and reflections], Moscow, 430 p.
12. Kutakov, I. V. 2009, Velikoe knjazhestvo Litovskoe v sisteme mezhdunarodnyh otnoshenij Vostochnoj Evropy konca XIV — nachala XV vekov [Grand Duchy of Lithuania in the international system ...
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... 2010, Teorija gosudarstva [Theory of state], Moscow.
16. Ilyin, М. V., Kudryashov, I. V. (eds.), 2011, Asimmetrija mirovoj sistemy suvereniteta: zony problemnoj gosudarstvennosti [The asymmetry of the global sys¬tem of sovereignty: the problem of statehood zone], Moscow.
17. Voytolovsky, F. G., Kuznetsov, А. V. 2008, Gosudarstvo v jepohu globa¬li-za¬cii: jekonomika, politika, bezopasnost' [The state in the era of globalization: eco-no¬mics, politics, security]. In: Mirovoe razvitie [World ...