The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... historical cities and analyse conditions necessary for the efficient exploitation of the historical cities’ tourism and recreation potential. The findings obtained suggest that strategic areas of tourism and recreation development in Russia’s historical cities should be identified depending on city type, development conditions and other relevant factors.
1. Alekseeva, L. I. 1998, The fate of small historical towns in the European North of Russia: the formulation of the problem, Izv. RGO, no. 1. (in Russ.)
2. Alferov, G. V. 1989, Russkie goroda XVI—XVII vekov [Russian towns of the XVI—XVII centuries], Moscow. (in Russ.)
3. Buldakova, ...
Strategic planning of small towns development in the Kaliningrad region
The article examines some geographical features of strategic planning of small cities in the Kaliningrad region. The article reveals institutional and secondary measures for perfection of strategy and improvements of investment attractiveness of small towns in the Kaliningrad region.
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
... high-ranking journals do not allow them to be attributed to the leading national scientific centres of the first group. The third type “below average” with the lowest values of all indicators is divided into three subtypes: the first group includes cities whose scientific groups publish a small number of articles with a high level; the second group brings together the cities with a low level of scientific productivity having scientific connections at the national and international level; the third, the “silent” cities, which do not ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... Helsinki, and Copenhagen). This is increasingly important because transboundary global city networks demonstrate that global cities are functions of global networks. Saint Petersburg is just starting to integrate into these networks through the Pulkovo ... ... 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean & Coastal Management, no. 54, p.129—136.
4.Small, C., Nicholls, R. J. 2003, A global analysis of human settlement in coastal zones, Journal of Coastal Research, Vol. 19,...
Methods for assessing the quality of life of Russian urban youth
... Question. 2018. 31 янв. URL:
. ru/compilation/392/pokolenie-z-ego-i-tekhnologii (дата обращения: 26.12.2018).
Berezhikhin F. F.
urban assessment method, youth, cities of Russia, municipal governments, medium and small cities, quality of life
Small business developing the regional Identity: a case study in the Baltic Sea Region
This article compares the frequency of the use of the toponym 'Baltic' in the names of small enterprises in Baltic cities. The author draws conclusions on the role of small business in the development of regional identity in the Baltic Sea region and assesses the prospects for the formation of a regional business community in the Baltic region.
The history and modern condition of the urban fieldfare (Turdus pilaris L.) population in Kaliningrad
... city habitat and population growth in the first decade of the 21st century, the fieldfare population in Kaliningrad remains small and slightly exceeds 170 pairs across the city territory. Some factors affecting the formation of urban populations are ... ... Калининграда) : дис. … канд. биол. наук. М., 2009.
16. Luniak M. Warsaw // Birds in European Cities / J. G. Kelcey, G. Rheinwald (eds.). 2005. P. 389—416.
17. Чаплыгина А. Б., Фурсова Н. Л. К вопросу ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... project «company towns and town-forming enterprises»], available at: http://www. union.invest.ru (accessed 04.09.2014).
2. Animitsa, Е. G. Medvedeva, I. A., Sukhih, V. A. 2003, Malye i srednie goroda: nauchno-teoreticheskie aspekty issledovanija [Small and medium-sized cities: scientific and theoretical aspects of the study], Ekaterinburg; Perm, 105 p.
3. Bazovyj Jelement «Monogoroda. Perezagruzka» [Basic Element «Monocities. Reloaded»], available at: http://www.basel.ru/bitrix/images/catalog/Моного-рода ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
.... № 84. P. 98—110.
33. Amin A., Thrift N. Globalization, institutional ’thickness’ and the local economy // Managing Cities: The New Urban Context / ed. by P. Healey, S. Cameron, S. Davoudi [et al.]. Chichester, 1995. P. 92—108.
34. Antonelli ... ... Symposium on Industrial Districts and Technology. Geneva, 1994. P. 73—87.
40. Bellandi M. The industrial district in Marshall // Small firms and industrial districts in Italy / ed. by E. Goodman, J. Bamford. L., 1989. P. 136—152.
41. Boschma R. A. Proximity ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
... and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation, Baltic Region, no. 2 (8), p. 55—63. doi: 10.5922/2079—8555—2011—2—6.
Belova Anna, Levchenkov Andrei
innovation centers, rural areas, small cities, socio-economic development
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
1. Kasanko, M., Barredo, J. I., Lavalle, C., McCormick, N., Demicheli, L., Sagris, V., Brezger, A. 2006, Are European Cities Becoming Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 77, no. ... ... coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean and Coastal Management, no. 54, p. 129—136.
4. Cohen, J. E., Small, Chr., Mellinger, A., Gallup, J., Sachsm J., Vitousek, P. M., Harold, A. 1997, Mooney Estimates of Coastal Populations, ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... primorskikh sistem rasseleniya na baze portovykh gorodov [Town planning aspects of the coastal settlement systems on the basis of port cities], Vestnik Inzhenernoy shkoly Dal'nevostochnogo federal'nogo universiteta, no. 2, p. 45—53.
25. Aybulatov, N. A. 1989,... ... [Maritime complex of Russia: trends and challenges], Morekhozyaystvennyy kompleks Rossii, Saint Petersburg, p. 5—23.
44. Small, C., Nicholls, R. J. 2003, A global analysis of human settlement in coastal zones, Journal of Coastal Research, T. 19, Vol....
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... China's Western Development, RSA China Conference 2015: “Harmonious Development, Common Prosperity and the Transformation of Cities and Regions”, available at:
http://www.regionalstudies.org/uploads/funding/conferences/presentations/european-conference-2012/pr.... ... Schubel, J. R., Carolyn, L. 2000, The Emergence of Megacities, Medicine and Global Survival, Vol. 6, no. 2, p. 107—110.
53. Small, C. 2004, Global population distribution and urban land use in geophysical parameter space, Earth Interactions,Vol. 8, p....
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... № 25 (3). P. 371—387. doi: 10.1080/09654313.2016.1244516.
21. Dosi G. Sources, procedures and microeconomic effects of innovation // Journal of Economic Literature. 1988. № 26 (3). P. 1120—1171.
22. Feldman M. P., Audretsch D. B. Innovation in cities: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition // European Economic Review. 1999. № 43 (2). P. 409—429. doi: 10.1016/S0014-2921(98)00047-6.
23. Freel M. S. Sectoral patterns of small firm innovation, networking and proximity // Research Policy. 2003. № 32 (5). P. 751—770. doi: 10.1016/S0048-7333(02)00084-7.
24. Fujita M., Thisse J. Does geographical agglomeration foster economic growth? and who gains and loses from it?...
The detection of nuclear quadrupole resonance signals with limited data
The denoising method of the pulse nuclear quadrupole resonance (NQR) signals was investigated for the case of the small signal to noise ratio. The maximum entropy method of the autoregressive model was applied for the analysis of the experimental NQR data. The obtained results show the efficiency of proposed method in the conditions of the limited sampling rate for ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... conclusions presented in this article can be used for formulating an industrial policy and a regional development policy for both small export-oriented economies, namely, the Baltic Sea states, and larger economies having uneven distribution of production ... ...
18. Fujita, M., Krugman, P. R., Venables, A. 2001, The spatial economy: Cities, regions, and international trade, MIT press.
19. Golub, S. S., Hsieh, C.-T. 2000, Classical Ricardian theory of comparative ...
The financial crisis in the Baltics: social and political lessons
... Available at: <http://www. csb. gov. lv>(Accessed 17 January 2011).
7. World Economic Outlook Database, October 2009. [online] Available at:<www. imf. org> (Accessed 17 January 2011).
small countries, recession, consumer boom, real estate market, cheap loans, short and long-term loans, economic cooperation of cities
Territorial community local spaces
... территориальных общественных системах // Географический вестник. 2006. № 1. С. 4—13.
16. Boschma R. Proximity and innovation: A critical assessment // Regional Studies. 2005. № 39. P. 61—74.
17. Brusco S. Small firms and the provision of real services // Industrial districts and local economic regeneration. Geneva, 1992. P. 177—96.
18. Korotka M. A. Proximity factors influencing academics’ decisions to cooperate with industrial organizations // Regional ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... unbalanced growth in the British economy. Journal of Economic Geography, 13, p. 889—928.
14. Isaksen, A., Karlsen, J. 2013, Can small regions construct regional advantages? The case of four Norwegian regions. European Urban and Regional Studies, no. 20, ... ... Specialization, Regional Studies, T. 49, Vol. 1, p. 76—94.
18. Onsager, K., Isaksen, A., Fraas, M., Johnstadt, T. 2007, Technology cities in Norway: Innovating in glocal networks, European Planning Studies, no. 15, p. 549—566.
19. Tödtling, F., Trippl,...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
5. Bradford, J., Fraser E. 2007, Local Authorities, Climate Change and Small and Medium Enterprises: Identifying Effective Policy Instruments to Reduce Energy Use and Carbon Emissions, Corporate Social ... ... Things, New York.
29. Bouton, Sh., Knupfer, S. M., Mihov, I., Swartz, S. 2015, Urban mobility at a tipping point: how to keep cities moving, McKinsey, available at: