The spawning migration of smelt (Osmerus eperlanus eperlanus L.) in the rivers of the Curonian lagoon basin
This article analyses the features of spawning migration of smelt in the rivers Neman and Matrosovka as a background for fishery regulation. The authors identify the period and extend of spawning migration in the rivers in 2011, the dynamics of catches per unit effort, and species composition of commercial catches. The calculation ...
Analysis methodology for the relationship between the water flow and river levels by determining the dependence
The article contains all the available data on average monthly discharges and water levels for the rivers under study, that provided the background for the hydrological series of these characteristics which are found to be in a close stochastic connection. Linear regression equations connect the average monthly discharges and water levels in the ...
The anthropogenic transformation of river mouths and its geoecological consequences
This article aims to discuss the problematic aspects of the technogenesis impact on the river mouth areas (through the example of Baltic rivers). The author comes to a conclusion on the negative geoecological consequences of this process.
А., Воронцов А.
А., Морозова Л.
The image of river in A. Ivanov’s novel The gold of revolt: the linguistic aspect
This article considers the image of the river Chusovaya, which is directly connected to the idea of space and road in A. Ivanov’s fictional world. The Chusovaya is not only a place but also a character of the novel.
: Чусовая. СПб., 2007....
Construction works impact on the vegetation in the сoastal zone of the Pregolya river in Kaliningrad
... to the anthropogenic transformation of the coastal area from 2013 to 2018. The work identifies the modern structure of the Pregolya eco-systems. The research included standard methods of studying the aquatic vegetation. The lower current of the river Pregolya within the Kaliningrad city borders is studied for the period from 2013—2019. The associations are named in the traditions of the dominant system. It is established that the total number of species in the direct impact zone and downstream ...
The role of the river Rhine in the formation of spatial structure of the economy of European countries (1st century BC — 19th century AD)
... structure of the European countries, parts of whose territories lie within the Rhine basin. The analysis covers a protracted chronological interval from the Roman colonization until the beginning of the 20th century. The author emphasizes the role of the River Rhine in the course of territorial structure formation. This study aims to retrace the historical sequence of the formation of territorial structure of economies of the Rhine basin countries. The research and practical significance of the work lies ...
Modelling long-term dynamics of humus content in the mixed forests soils in the Pregel River Basin
The long-term dynamics of humus in the mixed forests soils of in the Pregolya River Basin was modeled and analyzed for 1960—2015. Evapotranspiration values were calculated and a dynamics analysis of this parameter for period 1960—2015 was carried out. The impact of changes in meteorological factors on dynamics of forest phytomass ...
The variations in the water level of the Pregel River in Kaliningrad (1996-2008)
The critical water levels, rises and falls of the Pregolya River are determined on the basis of daily observations performed at the "Vityaz" museum vessel in 1996—2008. The observed phenomena reveal maximum frequency in autumn and winter.
. Абрамов Р.
В., Гущин О.
А., Стрюк ...
Nutrient Fluxes from the Pregolya Catchment Area into the Vistula Lagoon
The Vistula Lagoon of the Baltic Sea is one the most productive water bodies in Europe. The Pregolya River comprises the main part of the Vistula Lagoon's catchment area where the biggest cities and towns of the Kaliningrad Region are situated. The aim of the research is to estimate the nutrient (nitrogen and phosphorus) flux from the Pregolya River's ...
The prognostic characteristics of storm floods in the mouth of the River Pregolya (in the Kaliningrad region)
... Преголи у г. Калининграда // Изв. РГО. 1991. Т. 123, вып. 3. С. 275—279.
7. Хупфер П. Балтика — маленькое море, большие проблемы. Л., 1982.
Moskalets V., Lyubimova O.
river mouth, level, storm onset, flood probability.
Important Staging Sites of Geese and Swans in the Cross-Border Wetland Complex of the Neman Delta
... staging sites of Greylag Goose (Anser anser), Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons), Lesser White-fronted Goose (Anser erythropus), Bean Goose (Anser fabalis), Whooper Swans (Cygnus Cygnus) and Bewick’s Swans (Cygnus bewickii) in the Neman River delta shared by Russia and Lithuania.The authors indicate the decrease in the population of Bean Geese alongside with the increase in the population of Greylag Geese, Whooper Swans, Bewick’s Swans and particularly Greater White-fronted Geese. ...
Macroalgae Suggested for Inclusion in the New Edition of the Red List of the Kaliningrad region
... ― 168.
28. Urbanyak J., Gąbka M. Polish Charophytes. An illustrated guide to identification. Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Przyrodniczego we Wrocławiu, Monograph CLXXIII. Wrocław, 2014.
29. Volodina A. A., Gerb M. A. Flora and Vegetation of the Small Rivers of the Pregolya River System in the Kaliningrad Region // V. A. Gritsenko [et al.]. Terrestial and Inland Water Environment of the Kaliningrad Region, The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. Vol. 65. Springer International Publishing AG 2017. ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... in the territory of the Baltic region, Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 99—106. (In Russ.)
10. Krasnov, E. V., Lyubimova, О. Е. 2013, Geosystem approach to assessment of risk of storm floods in the mouth of the Pregolya River, the Kaliningrad region, Regional'naya `ekologiya, no. 1—2 (34), p.15—22. (In Russ.)
11. Kshevetsky, S. P., Tiranvenkatasami, K. 2013, Numerical modeling of capsizing of a wave of a tsunami on the coast with a big inclination of a bottom, Vestnik ...
The use and environmental state of the Curonian Lagoon and its coastal zones
... together by both the environment and economic activities. Regional planning considers water and coastal areas as separate phenomena that lack a common management system. However, this approach is poorly applicable to the Curonian Lagoon, the delta of the River Neman, and the adjacent coastal area. Only when these elements are analysed as a single whole, one can see the problems of the region in their entirety. This article is the very first attempt to provide an overview of possible ways to use the Russian ...
The pollution of Susuja river (the South of Sakhalin) with phosphates
The article explores the problem of organic compounds polluting natural watercurrents (on the example of Susuja waters phosphate pollution).
И., Кочуров Б.
Геоэкология. М.: Финансы и статистика, 2005.
Геоэкология. М.: ГЕОС, 1999.
Диффузное загрязнение водных экосистем. Методы оценки и математические модели: аналитический обзор. Барнаул: День, 2000.
Особенности речного стока о. Сахалин. Ч. 2: Распределение группы...
Lingvopoetics of "light worlds" of Tatyana Tolstaya
The article considers artistic strategies of creating personal worlds of fic-tional chacracters in the works of Tatyana Tolstaya. These strategies include lingvopoetics of communication failures (“Peters”), “cinematic” lingvopoetics (“The River Okkervil”) lingvopoetics of insight (“Night”), lingvopoetics of deixis and the similarity (the novel “Light worlds”). The article analyses the way these strategies affect the formation of conceptual textual meanings.
1. Словарь ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
.... I. 1986, Morskie berega i chelovek [Sea coast and people], Moscow. (In Russ.)
17. Mechnikov, L. I. 1898, Tsivilizatsiya i velikie istoricheskie reki. Geograficheskaya teoriya razvitiya sovremennykh obshchestv [Civilization and the great historical rivers. Geographic theory of the development of modern societies], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
18. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10....
The geochronology of the Holocene vegetation deve¬lopment in the South-east Baltic region (based on the results of a paleogeographic study)
This article presents the results a of complex palaeogeographical study of Velikoye peat bog (the Šešupė River basin, the Kaliningrad region). The pollen analysis accompanied by radiocarbon dating, makes it possible to reconstruct the vegetation development, on the basis of which the climate changes in the South-east Baltic region over the Atlantic-Subatlantic ...
The results of geochemical study of occupation earth of the Ryadino 5 archaeological site
The study of Ryadino-5 late Palaeolithic site (the basin of the river Šešupė in the Kaliningrad region) revealed geochemical heterogeneity of different functional areas. The author identifies the factors correlated to the spatial differentiation of the ancient site.
1. Дружинина О. А. Отчет об ...
Application of dimension reduction methods in objects homogeneity evaluation: airport network analysis
... Criteria for scale selection and evaluation // Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1991.
6. Richard A. Johnson and DeanWichern, Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1998.
dimension reduction methods, discriminant analysis, posterior probability, data mining
Гидрогеохимическая характеристика малых рек Калининградской области
... использована при организации и планировании экологического мониторинга водотоков.
Bernikova T., Malyavkina A., Nagornova N. Discharge of organic and boigenic substances from small rivers of Kaliningrad Region in the Baltic Sea // Proceedings, 6
Kalmar, 2007. P
. 2. P. 569—573.
2. Баринова Г.
М. Калининградская область. Климат. Калининград,...
An assessment of the potential impact of the construction of a deepwater seaport on the hydrological regime of the Vistula lagoon
... In view of the planned construction of a deepwater seaport in its waters, the author emphasizes the negative impact on its hydrological regime: rise in the levels which could lead to the flooding of the territories adjoining the mouth of the Pregolya river, increase in salinity, extinction of hydrobionts, and destruction of the ecological systems.
1. Volcinger, V. E. Pjaskovskij, R. V. 1977. Teorija melkoj vody. Leningrad.
2. Velander, P. 1964. Chislennoe predskazanie shtormovyh nagonov. Leningrad,...
Ecological Series of Soils in the Deyma basin
The article focuses on the diversity of the Deyma basin soil mantle in dependence on different factors of soil formation on two key spots. The author defines topographical (ecological) soil series, typical of boreal zone river basins.
Научное и практическое значение исследования речных бассейнов // Экология речных бассейнов. Владимир, 1999....
The characteristics of the biogenic element of the runoff fr om the drainage areas of the Gulf of Finland basin experiencing a lim ited anthropogenic impact
This article analyses characteristics of 25 rivers of the Gulf of Finland basin where the monitoring of the streamflow chemical composition was performed. The authors consider the dynamics of biogenic element content in the streamflow, the relation of the drainage areas to certain landscapes, the ...
Landscape dynamics in the Kaliningrad region over a historical period
This article offers a comparative characteristic, based on the data of spore and pollen and radiocarbon analyses, of landscapes dynamics in the Subatlantic in three landscapes typical of the Kaliningrad region: the Vištytis upland, the Neman River delta lowland, and the Pregel lake-glacial plain. E. V. Maksimov's 1850-year rhythm model was used for data interpretation.
Рельеф и четвертичные отложения Прибалтики. Вильнюс,...
Current issues in assessing the environmental damage caused by water pollution in a water-scarce region
This article analyses the problem of ecological damage assessment and estmiates realted human effect based on the methodology of identifying pre¬vented ecological damage for a water-scarce region in the case of the Ural River basin. Calculations use regional per-unit damage data – cost assessments of damage per a unit of the pollutant mass. The causes oe negative uham effect on water resources and water-scarce regions in Russia are identifiied.
1. Временная ...
Phytoplankton production and chlorophyll content in different types of estuaries
... Curonian Lagoons, and the Volga delta). A comparison with hydrological and chemical parameters helped identify the main factors determining the level of primary production and eutrophication. The productivity of an ecosystem is determined primarily by river runoff in the Volga delta, while in the Vistula Lagoon and Curonian Lagoon by the intensity of water exchange with the
sea. Today, deeutrophication is being observed in the delta of Volga, whereas eutrophication continues in the Vistula and Curonian ...
August 1914: the tragedy of the 72nd infantry division in East Prussia
... книга памяти Великой войны 1914—1918 годов. Рязань, 2012. Т. 1.
15. Суворов А. Н. Тактика в примерах. М., 1926.
East Prussian offensive, General Rennenkampf, 1st army, river Angerapp, disbanding
A calculation of the diffusion coefficient of solids in watercourses
... малых водотоках // Вестник Казанского технологического университета, 2012. Т. 15, № 19. С. 10—12.
7. Chen J.-L., Hsu T.-J., Shi F. et al. Hydrodynamic and sediment transport modeling of New River Inlet (NC) under the interaction of tides and waves // Journal of Geophysical Research. 2015. Vol. 120, № 6. P. 4028—4047.
8. Наумов В. А. Математическое моделирование распространения взвешенных ...
Inertial oscillations induced by the propagation of the Vis-tula Lagoon waters in the coastal zone of the Southeastern Baltic Sea
... warm wa-ter intrusion into Sagami Bay // J. Geophys. Res. 2005. № 110. Issue C03023:1—13.
7. Alvareza I., deCastro M., Gomez-Gesteira M., Pregob R. Hydrographic behavior of the Galician Rias Baixas (NW Spain) under the spring intrusion of the Miño River // J Marine Syst. 2006. № 60. Р. 144—152.
8. Bjerknes V. Über einen hydrodynamischen Fundamentalsatz und seine Anwendung besonders auf die Mechanik der Atmosphäre und des Weltmeeres // Kongl. Sven. Vetensk. Akad. Handlingar. 1998. № 31....
Filtration activity of mollusks Mya arenaria L. (Bivalvia) in estuaries of the southern Baltic Sea
... arenaria are capable of consuming an average of 6.5 % of the water body primary production. A numerical assessment of the filtration rate of these molluscs shows that they can filter daily an average of 2.41 ± 1.01 m3 of water per a square meter of the river bed. During the vegetation season, molluscs can clear approximately 380 m3 of water in estuaries removing up to 558.9 ± 65.7 g of suspended organic matters.
1. Алимов А. Ф. Некоторые общие закономерности процесса ...
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
... European Urban and Regional Studies. 2009. № 16. Р. 177—191.
12. Keller K. L. Strategic
, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity. 3rd ed. Ney
13. Kotler P. Marketing management. 10th ed.
. N. J., 2000.
14. Kotler P., Keller K. Marketing management. 13th ed. Pearson Prentice Hall, 2009.
15. Kramsch O., Hooper B. (eds). Cross-border governance in the European Union. Routledge, Abingdon, 2004.
16. Löfgren O. Regionautus: ...
The status of geomorphologic knowledge of the territory of the Kaliningrad region
This article examines the genesis of disputed geomorphologic zones. The authors propose identifying the Sambian end moraine site on the Sambian peninsula. It has been established that the right bank of the River Instruch is not an end moraine ridge, whereas the Neman – Sesupe interfluve is a relict alluvian plain. The genesis of the Polessk lowland and a number of geomorphological borders require further study.
1. Болдырев В. Л., Долотов ...
Numerical study of distribution of an impurity on watercourse with diffuse pollution
... водной среде // Вестник Казанского технологического университета. 2014. Т. 17, № 21. С. 361—364.
11. Chen J.-L., Hsu T.-J., Shi F. et al. Hydrodynamic and Sediment Transport Modeling of New River Inlet (NC) under the Interaction of Tides and Waves // J. Geophys. Res. 2015. Vol. 120, iss. 6. P. 4028—4047.
12. Наумов В. А. Математическое моделирование распространения взвешенных ...
The species composition and the biotopical groups of the gastropoda in the pond of Kaliningrad
]. URL: http://www.itis.gov.
. Zur Binnenmolluskenfauna der Provinz Ostpreussen // Nachr. Bl. dtsch. malak. 1903. Ges. 35.
O., Nabozhenko M.
V., Shokhin I.
The Don River Basin Is a New Stage of Expansion of
(Smith, 1889) (Gastropoda, Hydrobioidea) in
Doklady Akademii Nauk. 2008. Vol. 419, N. 3
Beiträge zur Faunistik und Biologie des Kurischen ...
The lithodynamic and geomorphological features of a terraced underwater slope of the Sambian peninsula (South-East Baltic)
.... K. A scale of grade and class terms for clastic sediments //J. Geology. 1922. Vol. 30. P. 377—392.
25. Krumbein W. C. Size frequency distribution of sediments // J. Sediment. Petrol.1934. Vol. 4. P. 65—77.
26. Folk R. L., Ward W. C. Brazos River bar: a study in the significance of grain size parameters // Journal of Sedimentary Petrology. 1957. Vol. 27. P. 3—26.
27. McLaren P., Bowles D. The effects of sediment transport on grain-size distributions// Journal of Sedimentary Petrology,...
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
... National Council on Public History // The Public Historian. 1999. № 3. P. 167—179.
26. Kelley R. Public History: Its Origins, Nature and Prospects // Ibid. 1978. № 1. P. 16—28.
27. Kijas J. Same Place, Different Views: Exploring the Wilsons River Story Sites Community History Project // Ibid. 2010. № 2. P. 51—60.
28. Landorf C. Public History: A Sense of Identity and a Sense of Place // Oral History. 2000. № 1. P. 92—102.
29. Levine P. Foreword // Lynn E. An Ongoing Experiment. P....
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... recreate the lost planning and historic buildings in the historic part of the central core of the city of Kaliningrad (within the boundaries of streets Leninsky Prospekt — Shevchenko str. — St. Zaraiskaya — Moskovsky Prospect — st. October — New River Pregel)], Kaliningrad.
4. Vasjutin, О., Popadin, А. 2013, Gorodskoj palimpsest: gradostroitel'naja politika v Kaliningradskoj oblasti (1945—1990) [Urban Palimpsest: urban policy in the Kaliningrad region (1945—1990)], Slovo.ru: Baltijskij ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... will be a single geo-information space], PC WEEK/RE, no. 22, p. 21.
23. Belov, N. S. 2010, Ocenka geojekologicheskoj situacii v rechnyh bassejnah Kaliningradskoj oblasti s primeneniem GIS-tehnologij [Geo-ecological assessment of the situation in the river basins of the Kaliningrad region using GIS technology], Thesis for the candidate of geographical sciences, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, 183 p.
Gritsenko Vladimir, Gumenyuk Ivan, Belov Nikolai
network cooperation, cross-border ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century, 2014, Balt. Reg., Vol 6, no. 4, p. 50—66. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-4.
8. Mechnikov, L. I. 1995, Tsivilizatsiya i velikie istoricheskie reki [Civilization and the great historical rivers], Moscow, 461 p. (In Russ.)
9. Brodel, F. 2006, Material'naya tsivilizatsiya, ekonomika i kapitalizm, XV—XVIII vv. T. 2. Igry obmena [Material civilization, economy and capitalism, XV—XVIII centuries. T. 2. Exchange games.], Moscow, 672 p. ...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
23. The point of the three countries, or where the borders. 2016, Netherlands in pictures, available at:
(accessed 17.07.2016). (in Russ.)
24. The tourist route "The Island of the two rivers", 2016, Fuyuan City, People's Republic of China, available at:
(accessed 24.06.2016). (in Russ.)
25. Tourists in Yamal this year for the first time will be able to see the edge nyuyu-eastern point of Europe, 2016, ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... examines the conditions and prospects for the formation of marine cross-border clusters in the key segments of Russia’s coastal zone.
1. Mechnikov, L. I. 1898, Tsivilizatsiya i velikie istoricheskie reki [The Civilization and the great historical rivers], 362 p.
2. Shokal'skiy, Yu. M. 1924, Sever SSSR i ego znachenie dlya Respubliki [North of the USSR and its importance for the Republic], Izvestiya Gosudarstvennogo geograficheskogo obshchestva, T. 56, P. 154—161.
3. Bernshteyn-Kogan, S. V....
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
37. Stepanova, S. V. 2014, Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development, Balt, Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 109—120. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-10.
38. The tourist route "The Island of the two rivers", 2013, available at:
(accessed 02.02.2017). (in Russ.)
39. A fascinating journey through the Via Hanseatica, available at: