Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
... perceived by the universities in the region and political decision-makers on national and regional levels. Based on the success of the OECD in becoming an influential actor in educational policies, this article discusses different strategies for the regional political organizations to enhance their influence.
2002. University Co-operation in the Baltic Sea Region. In: B.
Henningsen. Towards a Knowledge-based Society in the Baltic Sea Region. Berlin, pp. 75—79.
Resolution of the ...
Inter-organizational networks as seen by western economic sociology: An analysis of theoretical approaches
... problems, the key aspects of network form of interorganizational interaction, and embeddedness effects.
1. Alter C., Hage J. Organizations working together. Newbury Park, 1993.
2. Benson K. J. The Interorganizational Network as a Political Economy // Administrative Science Quarterly. 1975. Vol. 20, № 2. P. 229—249.
3. Bourdieu P. The forms of capital ... ... Multicolored to the Black and White Economy: The Hungarian Second Economy and the Transformation International // Journal of Urban and Regional Research. 1994. Vol. 18. P. 46—70.
26. Uzzi B. Social Structure and Competition in Interfirm Networks: The Paradox ...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
The authors describe the impact of administrative reforms on the electoral volatility in the Warmia and Mazury voivodeship of Poland. The administrative reforms resulted in the formation of a new territorial organization of power. Using three large administrative units of Poland as an example, the authors analyse the experience of the formation of a geographic region by merging several politically diverse territories. The merger took place in a changing political environment. It inevitably affected the strategy and tactics of the development of local self-governance. The formation of the region has been going on in such a manner that ...
Territorial-political and regional geopolitical systems: correlation of concepts
... prostranstva. Soobwenie 3: Prostranstvenno-vremennaja organizacija obwestva
[The theory of space. Message 3: The spatial-temporal organization of society], Izvestija Russkogo geograficheskogo obschestva, no. 5, p. 11—21.
13. Turovsky, R. F. 2006, Centr i regiony: problemy politicheskih otnoshenij [Center and regions: problems of political relations], Moscow, Higher School of Economics.
14. Sharygin, M. D. 2006, Evoljucija uchenija o territorial'nyh obwestvennyh ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... 7(2). P. 280—291.
52. Garofoli G. The Italian model of spatial development in the 1970s and 1980s // Industrial Change and Regional Development / ed. by G. Benko, M. Dunford. L., 1991. P. 85—101.
53. Gereffi G., Humphrey J., Sturgeon T. The governance of global value chains // Review of International Political Economy. 2005. № 12(1). P. 78—104.
54. Gertler M. S. Being there — proximity, organization, and culture in the development and adoption of advanced manufacturing technologies // Economic Geography. 1995. ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Lexington Books, 1988.
13. Cooke P. Enterprise Support Policies in Dynamic European Regions: Policy Implications for Ireland, paper presented at NESC seminar, Sustaining... ... Conceptual Clarification //Social Networks. 1979. № 1. P. 215—39.
20. Gefferi G. The organization of buyer-driven global commodity chains: how US retailers shape overseas... ... Humphrey J., Sturgeon T. The governance of global value chains //Review of International Political Economy. 2005. № 12. P. 78—104.
22. Granovetter M. Economic action and...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... forma organizacii mezhfirmennogo vzaimodejstvija [Business networks — a new form of organization of inter-firm cooperation], Mirovaja ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija... ... Journal], no. 1, p. 77—102
29. Fedorov, G. M. 2013, Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 4—18... ... and technological cooperation: conceptual — strategic base], Politika i obshhestvo [Politics and Society], no. 9, p. 4—22.
32. Bradach, J. L., Eccles, R. G. 1989, Price...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
... National Interests of Russia // Knudsen O. F. Stability and Security in the Baltic sea Region, Russian, Nordic and European Aspects.
Empire... ... déclin, la chute, l’effacement,
Edition du Félin.
Politics of the
: Dynamics of Cooperation and Conflict.
. [Электронный ресурс].
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
14. Polkh, P. P. 2013, The Kaliningrad Regional Committee of the CPSU and the organization of cooperation between the USSR and Poland in 1956—1970, Vestnik TGU... ... Warsaw, p. 165.
16. Sergunin, A. A. 2013, Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership, Balt. Reg., Vol. 5, no. 4, p. 38—47. DOI:... ... 2004, Information Agency REGNUM, November 18, available at:
(accessed 19.01.2017). (In Russ.)
18. Coherence with the policies...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
Regardless of the geography of regions, management at the regional level, both in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries,... ... upravlenie: osnovy teorii i organizatsii [State administration: foundations of theory and organization], Moscow.(In Russ.).
9. Granberg, A. G. 1988, Modelirovanie sotsialisticheskoi... ... Vol. 55, no. 1, p. 66—92.
36. Mayer, F. W., Phillips, N., Posthuma, A. C. 2017, The political economy of governance in a ‘global value chain world’, New Political Economy...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... agricultural production are caused by combined influence of natural, socio-economic and political factors. The periods of decline in agricultural land use coincided with years... ... been an increase in cultivated land area in the Baltic countries and the Kaliningrad region, and crop yields are growing throughout the region. Given the characteristic... ... Linking the bottom-up and top-down evolution of regional innovation systems to policy: Organizations, support structures and learning processes // Industry and Innovation...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... organizacija i integracija v mirovoe hozjajstvo Rossii na rubezhe vekov [Territorial organization and the integration of Russia into the world economy at the turn of the... ... 194—196.
13. Mikhailov, A. 2013, Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 37—46. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-4.
14. Moshkov... ... Harvard Business Review, November-December, p. 77—90.
32. Wallerstein, I. 1984, The politics of the world economy, Paris, 295 p.
industry, spatial and...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
This article considers the development of cultural landscapes on the agricultural periphery of the Kaliningrad region. These territories are analysed in view of historical, geographical, social, economic, and political factors. Owing to its history, the Kaliningrad region boasts a unique combination of cultural landscape elements. Thus,... ... 5, p. 16—20.
14. Klimenko, N. A., Levchenkov, А. В. 2010, Territorial'naja organizacija Vostochnoj Prussii [Territorial organization of East Prussia], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 119—125.
15. Kovalev, S. А. 1963,...
The Baltics in the Geography of the Largest Transnational Corporations of Europe
... world map, a contemporary, foreign-investment-driven alternative to the more familiar political map. To this end, the author studies the geographical place of the Baltics... ... Research, Vol. 22, no. 1, Spring, p. 351—360.
3. Hofstede, G. 1980/81, Culture and Organizations, International Studies of Management and Organization, Vol. 10, no. 4... ... 53—70.
9. Kuznetsov, A. 2012, Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 11—18. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-2.
Geopolitical turbulence and its economic and geographical projections: the case of Russia’s western border regions
The socio-economic development of countries and world regions during recent decades has been affected by the confrontation of global and regional ... ... socio-geographical projection. Special emphasis is made on its manifestations in the territorial organization of society and its structures. The author reveals the most relevant aspects... ... permanent (poorly predictable and only partially regulated) series of changes in the global political order as a whole and in the position of a particular country and its spatial...
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
... security, which, for the purposes of this study, is understood as a territorial system of regional security. Such system is a combination of interconnected institutions with... ... systems of regional security in various regions of the world.
1. Young, O. R. 1968, Political Discontinuities in the International System, World Politics, Vol. 20, no.... ... (accessed 09.11.2014).
19. Birckenbach, H. M. 2004, Is there a Role for International Organizations? The Case of the Russian Exclave Kaliningrad. In: Khudoley, K. K. New...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... and develop more rapidly than inland regions. At the same time, the effect of environmental, socioeconomic, demographic, and political factors is often stronger than the influence of the sea. Thus, an inland position can be more beneficial than a coastal ... ... taken into account in strategic and spatial planning at the intergovernmental level.
1. Alkhimenko, A. P. 1992, Issues of the regional organization of marine nature management and management of marine complexes. In: Alkhimenko, A. P. (ed.) Regional'naya organizatsiya ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
The Baltic Sea region is one of the most developed transnational regions. It comprises the coastal ... ... Evrazijskaja integracija: jekonomika, pravo, politika [Eurasian integration: economics, law, politics], no. 1 (17), p. 149—154.
3. Dinamika kaliningradskoj identichnosti: global'nye... ... napravlenija i rol' v formirovanii sistemy mezhdunarodnyh otnoshenij [International organizations of the Baltic Sea: the main directions and role in the system of international...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
17. Buzan, B., Waever, O. 2003, Regions and Powers. The Structure of International Security, New York, Cambridge University Press.
18. Corbyn’s Nato comments ... ...
20. Deutsch, K. W., Burrell, S. A., Kann, R. 1957, Political Community and the North Atlantic Area: International Organization in the Light of Historical Experience, Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Press.
21. Krishnadev C. 2016, Donald ...
Communication of Covid-19 consequences in the Baltic States inforsphere
... media, WHO official documents and datasets, as well as initiatives of the Baltic Sea region organisations (2020) counteracting Covid-19. A combination of these sources builds... ....24411/2072-9316-2018-00013
8. Česnakas, G., Jakštaitė, G., Juozaitis, J. 2016, Assessment of political vulnerabilities on security of energy supply in the Baltic States, Baltic... ... 10.06.2020).
12. Boisot, M. H. 1995, Information Space: A framework for learning in organizations, institutions and culture, Routledge, London.
13. Mencher, M. 2011, News...
Passages from the history of the Kaliningrad region: The first sitting of the Königsberg regional Office for Civil Affairs on June 26—27, 1946
... 11th Guards Army on the problems of the development of the Königsberg / Kaliningrad region in 1946. The meeting participants focused on the conflict between the civil and... ... discussed the position of the German population and the flaws of trade and communication organization.
1. Российский государственный архив социально-политической... ... Kaliningrad region, military authorities, civil authorities, German population, trade, political party work
Key actors of German ‘soft power’ in the Baltics
... traditions in implementing its policy in these countries. The study suggests that German political and educational foundations are major actors of German soft power. It is shown... ... education, science], Vestnik mezhdunarodnyh organizacij [Bulletin of international organizations], no. 2, p. 28—58.
2. Auslandsbüro Lettland, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung... ....html (accessed 22.10.2015).
24. Makarychev, A. 2013, 2014, Germanija v Baltijskom regione: identichnost', instituty i mnogostoronnjaja diplomatija [Germany in the Baltic...
Evolution of the Regional Religious Policy in the Saratov region (1989—2017)
The article shows the development of political practices of the regional government bodies in the field of protecting the rights of citizens to the freedom of conscience and the freedom of religion. The author analyses the principles of regulating the activity of religious organizations, and monitoring their interaction with different religious confessions in the Saratov region. Special attention ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... Gosudarstvennaja strategija regional'nogo razvitija Rossii: smena paradigmy territorial'noj organizacii obshhestva [State Strategy of Regional Development of Russia: the paradigm shift in the territorial organization of society], St. Petersburg, 52 p.
7. Misiunas, R. Taagepera, R. 1983, The Baltic States: Year of dependence 1940-1980,... ... transformacij na postsovetskom prostranstve [The theory of modernization and socio-economic factors of democratization in the context of political transformations on the post-Soviet space], available at: http://gisap.eu/ru/teoriya-modernizatsii-i-sotsialno-ekonomicheskiefaktory- ...
Saint-Petersburg in the Baltic Sea region
... julkaisuja, 1995.
Globalization and its Discontents: Essays on the New Mobility of People and Money.
: New Press, 1998.
Pieni Pietarikirja. Helsinki: Ajatus, 2000.
Action Frames of Environmental Organizations of Post —
// Environmental Politics. 2006. Vol. 15. No. 4.
Vesa U., Moeller F.
Security Community in the
Region: Recent Debate and Recent Trends.
, 2003. No. 88.
International Studies Committee: URL: http://www.
/ ecpr/ events/wisc/index. htm (
Khudolei Konstantin, Lanko Dmitry
The competitiveness of the Irkutsk region in the world tourism market
... availability of human resources in the tourism industry. Special attention is paid to the influence of present economic and political conditions on the development of international tourism. It is concluded that there is a need for a further study of the influence of regional features on international tourism development.
1. Об утверждении Концепции социально-экономического ... ... области // Известия ИГЭА. 2011. № 3. С. 48—53.
22. Tourism — an economic and social phenomenon // World Tourism Organization. URL:
(дата обращения: 08.03.2016).
23. World Bank Open ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Identifying the key elements of territorial capital is a global challenge faced by modern regional policy. I analyse the background for, and limits to, the development of a spatially... ... Entrepreneurship and Regional Development. 1991. № 3 (1). P. 1—16.
17. Caramani D. Comparative Politics. Oxford University Press, 2017. P. 605.
18. Carayannis E. G., Campbell D. F... ... Shan W. Social capital, structural holes and the formation of an industry network // Organization Science. 1997. № 8 (2). P. 109—125.
Mikhaylov A. S.
Institutional approach to assessing the transition to a circular economy: the case of the Kaliningrad region
... address possible obstacles to transitioning to a circular economy in the Kaliningrad region. Methodologically, the study uses instruments of new institutional economics:... ... akademiya [Municipal Academy], no.1, p. 9—19 (in Rus.).
12. Putinceva, N. A. 2019, Organization of separate collection of solidmunicipal waste in Russia, Peterburgskii... .... Esteban, J., Ray, D. 2001, Collective action and the group size paradox, American political science review, p. 663—672.
31. Oliver, P. E., Marwell, G. 1988, The paradox...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Transitional Economies // Tiltai. 2003. № 4 (25). P. 13—22.
13. European health for all database (HFA-DB) at World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe. URL: http://www.euro.who.int/en/home (дата обращения: 12.01.2014).
14. Eurostat database.... ... Opportunities. Statistical Publishing Establishment /eds. I. E. Kotowska, J. Jóźwiak. Warsaw, 2003. Р. 117—138.
29. Kõre J. Political system transformations and changes in population behavior case of migration behavior Estonian population // Procesy ...
European and Eurasian integration: similarities and differences
... De-Europeanising or disengaging? EU environmental policy and Brexit // Environmental Politics. 2019. Vol. 28 (2). P. 271—292. doi: 10.1080/09644016.2019.1549774.
8. Leruth... ... European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union: Comparative Analysis // International Organizations Research Journal. 2019. Vol. 14 (1). P. 76—93.
16. Entin M., Voynikov... ... 795—809. doi: 10.1057/s41311-018-0164-y.
22. Marinov E. Economic Determinants of Regional Integration in Developing Countries // International Journal of Business and...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... Safronov, S. G. 2013, Regional structure and dynamics of contemporary confessional structure of Russia, Regionalnye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 4, p. 87—100.
4. Balabeykina, O. A. 2014, Historical and Geographical aspects of territorial organization of Orthodox Church in Russia, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal, no. 19, p. 64—73. (In Russ.)
5. Abrosimova,... ....5922/2079-8555-2015-4-9.
9. Eydemiller, K. Yu. 2015, The role of Muslim communities in transformation of social, cultural and political space of the countries of Northern Europe, Doctorate thesis in Geography, Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia,...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... Seaports and Role of Railways in Transport Service of Port Hinterland at Turn of XX and XXI Centuries], Regiony Nadmorskie [Coastal Regions], no. 23, p. 7—198.
4. Chang, H-J. 2002, Breaking the mould: an institutionalist political economy alternative to the neo-liberal theory of the market and the state, Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol. 26, ... ... Transportation Research, Part E, no. 42, p. 21—41.
7. Misztal, K., Szwankowski, S. 1999, Organizacja i eksploatacja portów morskich [Organization and Exploitation of Seaports], Gdańsk.
8. Palmowski, T. 2011, Port gdyński w pierwszej dekadzie XXI wieku [Sea ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... which can serve as the basis for reception by other states. However, changes in the political and economic situation in the EU’s southern borderlands made the current... ... Land, Sea and Air, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, adopted by General Assembly resolution 55/25 of 15 November 2000],... ... Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. European Agenda on Migration. Brussels, 2015, 13 May, COM, no. 240 final, available...