Modern trends in the Baltic countries in the discourse of identity: between sovereignty and European integration
... Baltic States: in search of security and identity. URL: http://edvardas.home.mruni.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/balt-vals-saugumas.doc (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
2. Gongola L. H. Western European «identity» versus eastern European «identity». URL: http://www.inclusionexclusion.nl/site/?download=Laura Herta Gongola (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
3. Paulauskas K. The Baltic States: picking regions, shedding myths, decoding acronyms. URL: http://archive.minfolit.lt/arch/5001/5190.pdf (дата обращения: 23.03.2013).
4. Berg E. Where East Meets the West? Baltic States in search of new identity. URL: http://src-h.slav.hokudai.ac....
The identity and collective memory of Kaliningraders in recent Polish studies
This paper is a review of recent Polish studies on identity and collective memory in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation. Polish authors have analysed the development of Kaliningrad regional identity – a process closely related to collective memory changes and politics of memory. Scholars have explored the ‘identity dilemmas’ of Kaliningraders, commemorative conflicts between different groups about the past, and strategies for the ...
Russian Population Ethnic Structure: Trends and Transformations
... to new trends — an increase in the number of people refraining from answering the question about their ethnic identity or giving an unclear answer. Alongside serious census errors, this phenomenon can be a result of growing complexity of the ethnic identity structures and the processes of modernization, which occur at different rates in Russian and national regions. Based on the 2010 census data, the article analyses the differences in polyethnicity between the rural and urban population, which are accounted for by the historical background, particularities of regional development, settlement features, and ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
... geographically predetermined. The political borders of post-Soviet states do not coincide with the ethnic ones and, therefore, the attempts to consolidate states through ethnic mobilization meet corresponding resistance from groups with a different identity. In the Baltic region, these processes have not reached the Ukrainian scale; however, there are prerequisites for ethno-political conflicts of this type. The post-Crimean political debate in the Baltic states has shown that that hardliners of a strict assimilation model ...
The ethno-political discourse of regional identity in former Yugoslavia: The Bosnian syndrome
... symbols. URL: http://www.bosnia.org. uk/bosrep/report_format.cfm?articleid=3167&reportid=173 (дата обращения: 15.09.2013).
10. Haagen W. W. The Balkan’s lethal nationalism // Foreign affairs. 1999. № 4.
Berendeev M., Dyushkova A.
regional identity, Balkans, ethnic policy, Yugoslav peoples, national origin, Bosnian conflict
Social identity in the conditions of cultural diversity: A search or imposition? (the case of the Kaliningrad region)
This article discusses the development of social identity in the modern Russian society in the case of the Kaliningrad region. Based on an analysis of the regional public discourse and the data of surveys and case studies, the author considers the process of promoting and imposing a model of normativity and social identity marked as one characteristic of the “overwhelming ...
Regional identity as an important component of a bachelor of linguistics’ university training
The article is devoted to considering the significance of regional identity in the context of language education of a bachelor of linguistics. The authors identify the key requirements for professional training, the content of the no-tion of “regional identity”, and the learning environment of language univer-sities ...
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... vremenem [Dialogue with Time], no. 32, p. 323.
47. Romanenko, S. А. 2012, Mezhjetnicheskie protivorechija, regional'noe sa-mo¬soznanie i politicheskie sojuzy v juzhnoj chasti Srednej Evropy v konce XIX — nachale HH v [Inter-ethnic conflicts, regional identity and political alliances in the southern part of Central Europe in the late XIX — early XX century], Vestnik Rossi-jskij gosudarstvennyj gumanitarnyj universitet Ser. Mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija. Regionovedenie [Bulletin of the Russian State ...
Small business developing the regional Identity: a case study in the Baltic Sea Region
This article compares the frequency of the use of the toponym 'Baltic' in the names of small enterprises in Baltic cities. The author draws conclusions on the role of small business in the development of regional identity in the Baltic Sea region and assesses the prospects for the formation of a regional business community in the Baltic region.
Дискурс в региональном контексте — Балтийское ...
The transfer of the ownership of the objects of cultural heritage of the Kaliningrad region to the Russian Orthodox Church: the social and cultural aspects of the conflict
This article focuses on the factors having influenced the formation of the conscious attitude to the past of the Kaliningrad region in the local residents. The author shows that a special regional identity, which developed in the interaction with the unique cultural environment, requires a public discussion as decisions concerning the transfer of the ownership of cultural and historical objects to a religious organisation are made.
A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
... of using the notions of ‘memory sites’ and ‘memory conflicts’ in the Baltic Region states, and reviews recent works of historians and political scientists on the changes in the culture of remembrance in Russia in general and the Kaliningrad region in particular during the Soviet and post-Soviet periods. Modern historiography is used as an example to demonstrate that ‘memory sites’ and the ‘politics of history’ are the most relevant concepts in the study of the culture of remembrance and identity, whereas a comparative analysis proves to be effective for the identification of the main features of the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia.
1. Assmann, А. 2014, Dlinnaja ten' proshlogo: Memorial'naja kul'tura ...
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... Kaliningrad in the neighbouring Polish regions can prove worthwhile. Apart from the measures aimed at strengthening the region’s economic base, it is necessary to increase the symbolic capital of Kaliningrad to achieve harmonious development of Kaliningrad identity.
1. Baltijskij uzel [Baltic node], 2001, Nezavisimaya Gazeta, available at: http://www.ng.ru/regions/2001-03-28/4_bend.html (accessed 05.07.2014).
2. Bubenec, А. 2001, Jeskadrennyj subekt "Kaliningrad" [Squadron subject "Kaliningrad"], Nezavisimaya Gazeta, available at: http://www.ng.ru/politics/2001-02-24/3_subject.html ...
The influence of the border position of the Pskov region on the socio-cultural values of the population
This article presents the results of a sociological research on national and supranational (civilizational) identity of the Pskov region population conducted in 1999—2010. The Pskov region is the only European region of Russia that shares borders with three states, two of which are members of the EU. The author defines the areas of the neighbouring countries' sociocultural influence ...
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
... региона Балтийского моря.
http://www.lenobl. ru/economics/foreign/neighbour/ Baltic_region#reg34
4. Anholt S. Nation Branding: A continuing theme. Brand management. 2002. № 10 (1). Р. 59—60.
5. Anholt S. Competitive identity: The new brand management for nations, cities and regions.
: Palgrave Macmilan, 2007.
6. BSR Interreg IIIB Co-operation Area. URL: http://www.spatial.baltic.net/ programme.html.
7. Grönroos C. Service Management and Marketing. A customer relationship management approach. 2nd edition. Wiley,...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... key areas for increasing the city’s competitive ability. This article has theoretical and practical significance for experts studying regional competitiveness, for regional authorities, and the business community.
1. Anholt, S. 2007, Competitive Identity. The New Brand Management for Nations. Cities and regions, London, 128 p.
2. Avraham, E., Ketter, E. 2007, Media Strategies for marketing place in crisis improving the image of cities, countries and tourism destinations, Oxford, 231 p.
3. Bergman, E. M., Feser, E. J. 1999, Cluster Morphology of Regions: ...
Geopolitical development potential of the Russian exclusive region: search for key strategy and mechanisms for its implementation in new conditions
... Regional Perspectives: A Critical View / еd. by A. Triandafyllidou. Oxford, 2017. P. 209—233.
19. Dühr S. Baltic Sea, Danube and Macro-Regional Strategies: A Model for Transnational Cooperation in the EU? P., 2011.
20. Makarychev A. S. Contours of Regional Identity: Testing Constructivism on Kaliningrad's Ground // The Journal of Eurasian Research. 2003. Vol. 2, № 1. Р. 23—28.
21. Mezhevich N. Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project // Baltic Region. 2016. Vol. 8, № 1. P. ...
Russian Exclave on the Baltic Sea: Evolution of Exclavity and Ways to Overcome It
... зарплаты — нет //
. [Электронный ресурс].
/9113 (дата обращения
exclavity, the Kaliningrad region, disconnection of the exclave, economic development of the exclave, Kaliningrad identity, overcoming disadvantages of the exclave position
Saint-Petersburg in the Baltic Sea region
... Lehti M.
The Struggle for the West: A Divided/ Contested Legacy.
: Routledge, 2009.
’s Identity and the EU: Explorations below the Surface of the Enlargement Discourse // Borders, Identities and Nationalism: Understanding the Relationship / ed. by K. K. Khudoley, D. Lanko.
Cooperation in the
: Taylor and Francis, 1993.
Khudoley K. K.
Russia and NATO: What Expects Us in the Future // Challenges to International Relations in Post — Cold War Europe / ed. by K. Khudoley and
, 2002. ...
Linguistic focus of territory branding
... монография. Волгоград, 2016. С. 25—42.
14. Ромашова И. П. Лингвистический анализ бренд-коммуникации // Научный диалог. 2016. № 6 (54). С. 80—93.
15. Anholt S. Competitive Identity: The New Brand Management for Nations, Cities and Regions. 1-st ed. Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
16. Anholt S. Places: Identity, Image and Reputation. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
Mityagina V. A., Sidorova I. G.
branding, touristic branding discourse, positioning of a region, textual parameters
The branding of design hotels and hostels: the role of verbal communication
... монография. Волгоград, 2016. С. 25—42.
9. Юнг К. Г., Франц М.-Л. фон, Хендерсон Дж. Л. Человек и его символы / под ред. С. Н. Сиренко. М., 1997.
10. Anholt S. Competitive Identity: The New Brand Management for Nations, Cities and Regions. 1st ed. Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
11. Anholt S. Places: Identity, Image and Reputation. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
12. The Design Hotels ™ Book. Design Hotels AG, 2018.
Slesareva, A. A.
branding, positioning, naming, tourism, tourism ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
... Arctic region //
Northern Studies Programme. 1998. № 12.
Back to the Future: Instability in
after the Cold War // International Security. 1990. Vol. 15. № 1.
The resurgence of the ‘Region’ and ‘Regional Identity’: theoretical perspectives and empirical observations on regional dynamics in
in Review of International Studies. 2009. Vol. 35.
Pavliuk O., Klympush-Tsintsadze I.
Region, Cooperation and
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
... development], Evrazijskaja integracija: jekonomika, pravo, politika [Eurasian integration: economics, law, politics], no. 1 (17), p. 149—154.
3. Dinamika kaliningradskoj identichnosti: global'nye konteksty i regional'naja specifika [Dynamics of Kaliningrad identity: global context and regional specificity] 2015—2017, Project Report RHF.
4. Kivikari, U. 1996, Jekonomicheskoe prostranstvo Baltijskogo regiona [The economic space of the Baltic region], Helsinki, Ottawa, 156 p.
5. Koncepcija vneshnej politiki Rossijskoj Federacii. Utverzhdena ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... years], Kaliningrad.
8. Federal'naja sluzhba gosudarstvennoj statistiki [Federal State Statistics Service], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 05 October 2010).
9. Musial, K.., (ed.). 2002, Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk; Berlin.
10. Castells, M. 1997, The power of identity: the information age: economy, society and culture, Vol. 2, 2nd ed, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
74. Maciejewski, W. (ed.) 2002, The Baltic Sea Region. Cultures, Politics, Societies, Uppsala, 676 p.
75. UIA (Union of Intenational Organisations), available at:
76. UN Atlas of Oceans, available at:
77. Waever, O. 1993, Culture and Identity in the Baltic. In: Joenniemi, P. (ed.) Cooperation in the Baltic Sea, Washington, p. 23—50.
78. Waldziński, D. 2010,...
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
... eller fortsätting av den svenska traditionen. In: Sushhnost' i metamorfozy shvedskoj identichnosti [The essence of Swedish identity and metamorphosis], Moscow, p. 33—34.
14. Tiilikainen, T. 2001, The Political Implications of the EU Enlargement to ... ... States, European University Institute Working Paper RSC, no. 1, p. 21.
Kochegarova Tamara, Simonyan Renald
global challenges, regionalization, cooperation, partnership, intercivilization border areas, Western and Russian values, sociocultural diffusion,...
Historical realia in teaching Russian as a foreign language
This article deals with the historical realia as markers of the national and historical identity of the country of the target language. Realia make it possible to reconstruct selected aspects of the national character ... ... Foreign Language]. Moscow.
2. Vereshchagin, E. M., Kostomarov, V. G., 1980. Lingvostranovedcheskaya teoriya slova [Linguistic and regional studies theory of words]. Moscow.
3. Gogol', N. V., 1952. Vechera na khutore bliz Dikan'ki [Evenings on a Farm Near Dikanka]....
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... League to the European Union, Report at the meeting of the Mont Pelerin Society on April 4, 2004 (Hamburg), available at:
(accessed 10.04.2016). (In Russ.)
13. Martin, L., Prokkola, E.-K., Saarinen, J., Zimmerbauer, K. 2015, Regions, borders and identity in a relational and territorial world, Nordia Geographical Publications, Vol. 44, no 4, p. 1—4.
14. Interim report on the implementation of the study «The Baltic Sea Region in the focus of development strategies of the European Union and the ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... Exchange Relations and Networks, Sociological Theories in Progress, Vol. 2, p. 58—87.
30. Enright, M. J. 1993, The geographic scope of competitive advantage. In: Driven, E., Groenewegen, J., van Hoof, S. (eds.), Stuck in the Region? Changing scales for regional identity, Utrecht, p. 87—102.
31. Gertler, M. S. 2003, Tacit knowledge and the economic geography of context, or The undefinable tacitness of being (there), Journal of Economic Geography, no. 3, p. 75—99.
32. Isard, W. 1960, Methods of regional ...
Corporative personnel culture in entrepreneurship
The author discusses urgency and current necessity of the problem of corporate culture for the businessmen of the Kaliningrad region who are carrying out activity on territory surrounded by the EU. He gives special attention to fitting the European norms ... ..., 2008.
Klokov Yu. A.
corporative culture, leadership style, personnel, concept of
personnel management, organizational identity, intrafirm business
Sociocultural potential for the development of Russia’s ethnocultural centres
... potential of a city, offers a methodology for its assessment and analyses the results of the assessment of Russia’s ethnocultural regions.
1. Арутюнян Ю. В., Дробижева Л. М., Сусоколов А. А. Этносоциология. ... ... Geography // Journal of Political Economy. 1991. Vol. 99, № 3. P. 483—499.
Trifonova Z. A.
city, ethnicity, urbanisation, identity, centrality, potential, resource
The Baltic-Pontic region in the Europe-Eurasia dual system
... until the present. The article analyses the spatial, geopolitical and geochronopolitical characteristics of the region, as well as the models of intercivilisational interaction between Europe and Eurasia. The author addresses the issue of the political identity of the region and its ability to play an independent role in the world politics.
1. Abu-Lughod, J. 1989, Before European Hegemony: The World-System A. D. 1250—1350, N. Y., Oxford university.
2. Halecki, O. 1980, Borderlands of Western Civilization. A History ...
The politics of memory in Klaipėda at the turn of 1940—1950s (based on the materials of the Sovetskaya Klaipeda newspaper)
... Stadtgeschichte? Annäherungen an ein neues Forschungsfeld zur baltischen Geschichte / Hrsg. H. Hein-Kircher, I. Misāns. Marburg, 2015. S. 187—199.
11. Safronovas V. Population of the Klaipėda region and the balance of power in the Eastern Baltic region, 1919—1960 // Population displacement in Lithuania in the twentieth century. Experiences, identities and legacies / ed. T. Balkelis, V. Davoliūtė. Leiden, 2016. P. 91—111.
12. Vareikis V. Region Kłajpedy po II wojnie światowej // Pamiȩć i historia (Olsztyn, Kaliningrad, Kłajpeda) / pod red. T. Chrzanowskiego. Olsztyn, 2009. S. 68—83....
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
31. Martin R., Pike A., Tyler P., Gardiner B. Spatially Rebalancing the UK Economy: Towards a New Policy Model? // Regional Studies. 2016. № 50 (2). P. 342—357.
32. Mastroeni M., Castle D., Phillips P. W. B. Clusters, technological districts ... ....lt/web/en/science1/science_1
(дата обращения: 15.04.2018).
34. Mole R. The Baltic States from the Soviet Union to the European Union: identity, discourse and power in the post-communist transition of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Routledge, 2012.
35. Pinch S....
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... space at the beginning of the century XXI: geo-economic approach], Vestnik Associacii rossijskih geografov-obshchestvovedov [Bulletin of Russian geographers, social scientists Association], no. 1, p. 258—268.
8. Mezhevich, N. M. 2014, Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p. 95—106. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-7.
9. Evropu, ehkonomicheskij krizis i nekotorye voprosy teorii migracii [Europe, economic crisis and some problems of migration theory], 2012, Aktual'nye problemy Evropy [Actual problems ...
The European idea in Central Europe and Scandinavia as a part of the security and peaceful co-existence policy in the framework of the postwar planning
... and European diplomacy. Moreover, the subject of research is immediately connected to the problem of security in the Baltic region and the Soviet factor, as well as political stereotypes produced in this field. The author employed historical comparative ... ... fred, Uppsala.
12. Khennet, H. 1941, Nordens framtid, Mellanfolkligt Samarbete, Vol. 11, no. 2, p. 43—44.
13. Lot, V. 2000, Identity and statehood in the process of European integration, Journal of European integration history, Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 25.
Geography of European Migration
... migration has made some authors proclaim the beginning of a second Migration Period that could transform the social and cultural identity of Europe. The article presents an analysis of international migration geography in Europe in the last twenty-five years.... ... new millennium], Sociologicheskie issledovaniya, no. 4, p. 64—72.
11. Klokov, K. B., Stupin Yu. A., Hrushchev, S. A. 2008, Regional'nye osobennosti dinamiki chislennosti i rasseleniya korennyh malochislennyh narodov Severa Rossii [Regional features ...
Key actors of German ‘soft power’ in the Baltics
..., 2015, Goethe-Institut, available at: https://www.goethe.de/ins/lt/de/ueb/auf.html (accessed 22.10.2015).
24. Makarychev, A. 2013, 2014, Germanija v Baltijskom regione: identichnost', instituty i mnogostoronnjaja diplomatija [Germany in the Baltic region: identity, institutions and multilateral diplomacy], EvroAtlantika [Euro-Atlantic], no. 3—4; no. 1, p. 182—188.
25. Das wissenschaftliche Team, 2015, Nordost-Institut, available at: http://www.ikgn.de/cms/index.php/wissenschaftliche-mitarbeiterinnen ...