Management of the pre-recycling collection and storage of household and industrial waste
The problem of waste generation lies in that it is a major source of an-thropogenic pollution on a global scale, as well as an inevitable result of the consumer’s attitude to nature and a low coefficient of resource use. Recycling consists in the extraction of useful materials engaged in the technological pro-cesses and found in waste and their restoration for reuse. Recycling of the re-source cycle waste is required to achieve to goals: saving natural resources and protecting ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... transition stage the Baltic States are undergoing today on their way to circular economy. It is stressed that the Baltic countries are not fully using the opportunities offered by a circular economy. For example, Latvia’s, Lithuania’s, and Estonia’s recycling rates are significantly below those of other European countries. The Baltics depend heavily on EU financial support. An increase in funding will contribute to the implementation of circular economy technologies.
1. Avramenko, A. A., Gorbachev-Fadeev,...
The logistics of reverse flows of secondary resources
... is considered the point of origin for all types of reverse flows, however, the question remains unanswered as to whether the secondary resource flows should be distinguished within them. This problem requires solution for the proper organisation of recycling processes.
1. Pollock W. K. Using Reverse Logistics to Enhance Customer Service and Competitive Performance // Reverse Logistics Magazine-2007. Nov/Dec P. 12—16.
2. Pollock W. K. 10 Rules for Successful Reverse Logistics Operations // Reverse ...
Institutional approach to assessing the transition to a circular economy: the case of the Kaliningrad region
.... Brown, Z. S., Johnstone, N. 2014, Better the devil you throw: Experience and support for pay-as-you-throw waste charges, Environmental Science & Policy, no. 38 p. 132—142.
21. Ayalon, O., Brody, S., Shechter, M. 2013, Household waste generation, recycling and prevention, OECD Studies on Environmental Policy and Household Behaviour, OECD Publishing, p. 219—245.
22. Dahlén, L., Lagerkvist, A. 2010, Pay as you throw: strengths and weaknesses of weight-based billing in household waste collection ...