Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... District (NWFD). This work aims at giving an integrated assessment of SEES in the Arkhangelsk and Murmansk regions in comparison to the Moscow region. The authors examine the QOL in 10 NWFD regions, including the Baltic ones. The significance of the research work lies in an integrated and comprehensive assessment of the regional SEES and QOL in 2006, 2009, 2012, and 2013 in view of the effect of priorities within and between groups of assessment parameters. Another important result is the identification ...
Factors of self-actualization of student youth in the context of cross-cultural interaction and the mastering of a macro-mediator language
... advanced management science. 2017. Vol. 5, № 3. P. 170—175.
10. Irvine A., Drew P., Sainsbury R. «Am I not answering your questions properly?» Clarification, adequacy and responsiveness in semi-structured telephone and face-to-face interviews // Qualitative Research. 2012. Vol. 13 (1). P. 87—106.
11. Lechuga V. M. Exploring culture from a distance: The utility of telephone interviews in qualitative research // International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education. 2012. Vol. 25 (3). P. 251—268....
Art as a means of developing professionally important qualities among the psychology students
... for psychology students. These qualities are dynamic, should be analyzed and subjected to conceptual and quantitative transformations, because they depend on the socio-historical context. The author provides the results of theoretical and empirical research, conducted in this field by both Russian and international scholars. Besides the traditional university format of teaching, the author suggests resorting to art for the development of professionally important qualities and considers the educational ...
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
... p. 160—167.
3. Yercan, F. 2018, Ferry Services in Europe, New York, Routledge.
4. Odeck, J., Høyem, H. 2020, The impact of competitive tendering on operational costs and market concentration in public transport: The Norwegian car ferry services, Research in Transportation Economics, no. 7, art. 100883. doi:
5. Laird, J. J. 2012, Valuing the quality of strategic ferry services to remote communities, Research in Transportation Business and Management,...
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... management tools (KPI, etc.). The article analyses the current indexes and rankings of urban development. The author explored the main methodological approaches to the assessment of the rate of urban development. One of the topical issues of contemporary research on this subject in Russia is an attempt to create comprehensive methods of assessing urban development without taking into account the specifics of urban management and the scale of regional economy. In this regard, the paper provides a ...
The population of the Kaliningrad region and the digital economy: a sociological analysis
19. Buchanan, R. 2019, Digital Ethical Dilemmas in Teaching. In: Peters, M. (eds) Encyclopedia of Teacher Education, Singapore, Springer, doi:
20. Yao, Y., Qi, P., Zhu, Y. 2019, Research on Interdisciplinary Education in Digital Economy, Proceedings of the 5th Annual International Conference on Social Science and Contemporary Humanity Development (SSCHD 2019), p. 76—80. doi:
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
... and transit centers). The study of differentiation using k-means clustering identified 5 clusters in all major cities of Russia. It allowed determining coastal and Western border cities belonging of to the various identified clusters. The results of research highlight the necessity for improving the urban environment quality, the need to retain and attract human capital, to rethink the center-periphery structure of the modern Russia’s space in its projection on the coastal and border area, including ...
New stage in the development of political science in Russia
... (accessed 21.06.2019).
4. Achen, C. 2002, Toward a New Political Methodology: Microfoundations and ART, Annual Review of Political Science, no. 5, p. 423—450.
5. King, G., Keohane, R. O., Verba, S. 1994, Designing Social Inquiry: Scientific Inference in Qualitative Research, Princeton University Press, available at: http://assets. press. princeton. edu/chapters/p5458.pdf (accessed 20.06.2019).
6. Roberts, M. E. 2018, What is Political Methodology? PS: Political Science and Politics, Vol. 51, no. 3, p. 597—601....
Assessment of the CNS function in fetuses with different pathology
... and the intrauterine functioning of the nervous system in the presence of an abnormality of the central nervous system. The research shows that in healthy fetuses the average value of the total assessment of general movements is within the limits of ... ... Perinat. Med. 2005. Vol. 33. P. 406 -414.
3. Vries J. I. P. de, Visser G. H. A., Prechtl H. F. R. The emergence of fetal behavior. Qualitative aspects // Early Hum. Dev. 1982. Vol. 7. P. 301—308.
4. Kurjak A., Azumendi G., Vecek N. et al. Fetal hand movements ...
On the benthic foraminifera species of Alabaminella weddellensis and Epistominella exigua in paleo-oceanologic reconstructions
... Мордовского университета. 2013. № 3—4. C. 53—57.
4. Altenbach A. V., Pflaumann U., Schiebel R. et al. Scaling percentages and distributional patterns of benthic foraminifera with flux rates of organic carbon // Journal of Foraminiferal Research. 1999. Vol. 29. P. 173—185.
5. Anderson J. B. Ecology and distribution of foraminifera in the Weddell Sea of Antarctica // Micropaleontology. 1975. Vol. 21, № 1. P. 69—96.
6. Billett D. S. M., Lampitt R. S., Rice A. L. et al. Seasonal ...
Translation and Discourse Analysis
... communication across linguistic and cultural boundaries, with source text and target text representing language in use, concepts and methods of discourse analysis have been found useful for Translation Studies. The paper will provide some examples of such research.
Baumgarten, S., 2009. Translating Hitler’s “Mein Kampf.”. A corpus-aided discourse-analytical study. Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag Dr Müller.
Beaugrande, R. de and Dressler, W., 1981. Introduction to Text Linguistics. London: Longman....
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... Kelly A. C. The human development index: «handle with care» // Population and Development Review. 1991. 17(2). P. 315—324.
29. Luque, M., Perez-Moreno, S., Rodriguez, B. 2016, Measuring human development: a multi-criteria approach, Social Indicators Research, no. 125, p. 713—733. DOI:
30. Mazumdar, K. 2003, A new approach to human development index, Review of Social Economy, no. 61(4), p. 535—549.
31. McGillivray, M. 1991, The human development index: ...
Ergonomics and the translation process
... discomfort, delays in computer responsiveness, or frustration with organizational problems. In this article, the relevance of ergonomics and the implications of putting the translator and their translation processes in focus are discussed in light of recent research.
Baethge, A. and Rigotti, T., 2010. Arbeitsunterbrechungen und Multitasking: Ein umfassender Überblick zu Theorien und Empirie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung von Altersdifferenzen. Dortmund: Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin....
Polish-Russian relations as reflected in the programmes of right-wing political parties in Poland: a quantitative and qualitative analysis
Programmes of political parties are an important element of public discourse. In this article, I present the results of research aimed at defining the place of Russia and Polish-Russian relations in the programmes of several Polish right-wing political ... ... are an impor tant element in most political programmes proposed by Poland’s major right-wing political groups. Based on a qualitative analysis, I distinguish between parties that postulate a determined and assertive policy towards Russia, parties committed ...
Indicators of higher education quality in the context of consumption values
... Gross B.
Consumption values and market choices: Theory and applications.
B., Cadotte E.
R., Jenkins R.
Modeling Consumer Satisfaction Processes Using Experience-Based Norms // Journal of Marketing Research.
20 (Aug.). P. 296—304.
Р ИСО 9001—2001. Системы менеджмента качества: требования. М., 2003.
educational services, consumption values, quality of higher ...
Corpus-based studies in conference interpreting
... M., 2018. Speaking patterns and gender in the European Parliament Interpreting Corpus. A quantitative study as a premise for qualitative investigations. In: M. Russo, C. Bendazzoli, and B. Defrancq, eds. Making Way in Corpus-based Interpreting Studies.... ... Interpreting Studies (CIS): Overview and prospects. In: A. Kruger, K. Wallmach, and J. Munday, eds. Corpus-Based Translation Studies. Research and Applications. New York: Continuum. pp. 33—75.
Shlesinger, M., 1998. Corpus-based Interpreting Studies as an Offshoot ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... Lim ited.
40. Sonis, M., Hewings, J., Guo, D. 2008, Industrial clusters in the input—output economic system. In: Handbook of Research on Cluster Theory, Edward Elgar, p. 153―168.
41. Steiner, M., Hartmann, C. 2006, Organizational learning in clusters: ... ... 30, no. 1, p. 45―64.
43. Titze, M., Brachert, M., Kubis, A. 2011, The Identification of Regional Industrial Clusters Using Qualitative Input—Output Analysis (QIOA), Regional Studies, Vol. 45, no. 1, p. 89―102.
44. Vishvanath, A., Chen, H. 2006, ...
In search of a theoretical framework for factors influencing work and life balance
... Work/family border theory: A new theory of work/family balance, Human Relations, vol. 53, no. 6, p. 747—770.
7. Clarke, M. C., Koch, L. C., Hill, E. J. 2004, The work and family interface: Differentiating balance and fit, Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, vol. 133, no. 2, p. 121—140.
8. Burke, R. 2000, Do managerial men benefit from organisational values supporting work-personal life balance? Women in Management Review, vol. 15, no. 2, p. 81—87.
1. McCarthy, A., Darcy, C., Grady, ...
Ways to optimize the characteristics of active synthesizers frequency
The purpose of this work was to summarize the existing experience and approaches to software development and create the methodology for a software product development for the aviation industry. The current research was based on the systemic analysis and the theory of statistical estimation. This work primarily deals with theoretical methods of research which were used to identify approaches to the mathematical description of atmospheric phenomena models ...
The problem of empirical data validity in qualitative research
... WP6/2003/07. М., 2003. С. 5.
Мемуары как объект исследования // Социс. 1989. №
1. С. 108.
The research act in sociology. L, 1970. P.
qualitative research, narrative interview, social memory, family-genetic memory, a welfare trauma.
Implementation of the INTERREG program in the Kaliningrad region and neighboring countries: a brief overview
... Russian Federation. The authors relied on the methodology based on a desk research analysis (literature review, the previous authors research and reports regarding the implementation of the CBC programmes) as well as a quantitative analysis and qualitative research methodology (interviews conducted with the project executors). Projects beneficiaries on the Lithuanian-Polish borderland in 2020 were also interviewed and it helped to compare the implementation procedures of the projects co-financed by ...
Audiovisual translation and reception
... In: S. Hansen-Schirra and S. Grucza, eds. Eye-tracking and Applied Linguistics. Berlin: Language Science Press. pp. 5—30.
Gambier, Y., 2002. Les censures dans la traduction audiovisuelle. TTR, 15(2), pp. 203—222.
Gambier, Y., 2009. Challenges in research on audiovisual translation. Translation Research Project 2. Available at:
. urv. es/publicity/isg/publications/ trp_2_2009/chapters/gambier. pdf [Accessed 15 September 2018].
Jiménez-Crespo, M. A., 2017. Crowdsourcing and Online ...
Evolution of International Research Cooperation models in the Contemporary Foreign Policy Environment
This article focuses on the principle models of international research and academic cooperation. The author divides international academic cooperation into periods and analyses the evolution of the connection between foreign policy and international cooperation in education and research aimed at raising the prestige ...
Expanding opportunities for obtaining testimony from witnesses in criminal proceedings
... support to the process of evidence obtaining. The purpose of the study was determined by the need to consider the tactical possibilities of obtaining objective testimony from witnesses. While analyzing the ways to improve the interrogation tactics, the research considered social groups the witnesses belonged to. The article discusses general issues of the content of information and its basic elements. Dialectical and comparative research methods helped to define ways to improve the tactics of interrogation ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
(accessed 13.2.2017). (in Russ.)
12. Bank of Finland, 2017, Russia statistics, available at:
13. Merriam, S. 2009, Qualitative research: A guide to design and implementation (Revised and expanded from 'Qualitative research and case study applications in education'), Hoboken, NJ.
14. Ruzhanskaya, L. S. 2007, Development of the Board of Directors as an internal mechanism of corporate ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... environmental status of a large industrial centre or a part of it. The authors analyse the environmental situation in Voronezh, a major industrial city, located in the Central Black Earth Region with a population of more than 1 million people. The proposed research methodology is based on modern approaches to the assessment of health risks caused by adverse environmental conditions. The research work was implemented using a GIS and multicriteria probabilistic and statistical evaluation to identify cause-and-effect ...
Character-istics of communities chironomids lakes of the city of Kaliningrad
... биоресурсов Саратовской области // Вестник Саратовского госагроуниверситета им. Н. И. Вавилова. 2012. № 1. С. 54—58.
22. Thorat L., Bimalendu N. Trends in Chironomid Research //Chironomus Newsletter on Chironomidae Research. 2010. № 23. P. 34—35.
23. Warwick W. F. Morphological deformities in larvae of Procladius Scuse (Diptera: Chironomidae) and their biomonitoring potential // Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 1989....
“Russian people” in the literature and documents of the 19th century: an experience of linguistic portraiture
... article describes the ideologeme “Russian people” and its use in the texts of fiction and documentary literature of the 19th century. The authors explored both the socio-political concept “'Russian people” and its verbalization in Russian. The research material included examples from the Russian National Corpus, which were analysed using corpus, content-analytical and cognitive methods. This research aims to identify and to characterise the concept “Russian people”. The authors argue ...
Consilience or fragmentation in Translation Studies today?
Translation Studies has branched out into a heterogeneous interdiscipline during the past few decades. This development is not only the result of the emergence of different kinds of translation practices, research questions and new technologies, but also of different epistemological and ontological assumptions about the object of study. Four major areas are outlined: linguistic, cultural, cognitive and sociological. Connections between them are briefly ...
The role of brand ecosystem in solving the tasks of hi-tech product marketing
... ecosystem: the case of Turkish cotton and textiles // Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing. 2008. Vol. 20, № 1. P. 29—56.
16. Schoenfelder J., Harris P. High-tech corporate branding: lessons for market research in the next decade //Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal. 2004. Vol. 7, № 2. P. 91—99.
17. Torres-Moraga E., Vásquez-Parraga A. Z., Zamora-González J. Customer satisfaction and loyalty: start with the product, culminate with the brand // Journal of Consumer Marketing....
The relationship between transport accessibility and quality of life in rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... secondary among the tasks of regional development, today not all opportunities to improve transport accessibility in remote rural areas are fully or partially used. Taking into account the specific nature of the settlement pattern of the region, this research topic is of certain interest for the Kaliningrad Region to be considered as a regional model of social and natural space. The classical field, economic-geographical and sociological methods used in the work are narrowed down to the idea that ...
Assessment of transport accessibility of rural territories of the Kaliningrad region using methods of sociological research
The modern socio-economic model entails the intensification of rural – urban interaction. First of all, the process manifested itself in the growth of population flows, daily commuting between the village and the city. As a result, the rural population expects a high-quality transport infrastructure and an efficiently functioning public transport network. Using sociological tools, the authors analyze the degree of satisfaction of the rural population from the eastern municipalities of the Kaliningrad...
Population aging and the problems of the sandwich generation: Socioeconomic and psychological aspects
24. Minett C. Prevention better than cure for optimised active ageing // Quali-ty in Ageing and Older Adults. 2012. Vol. 13, No. 4. P. 291—300.
25. Parker K., Patten E. The Sandwich Generation Rising Financial Burdens for Middle-Aged // Pew Research. Social & Demographic Trends. 2013. URL: http:// www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/01/30/the-sandwich-generation/ (дата обращения: 24.01.2014).
26. Pierret C. Sandwich generation: women caring for parents and children // Monthly Labor ...
Age-related characteristics of English, American, and Russian compliments
... a thorough examination of age-related parameters in language and the identification of semiotic markers of age identity. The promising area of linguistic research — social semiotics — lends an urgency to such a study. To achieve the goal of the research, I employ the methods of contextual analysis and semantic and pragmatic interpretation. The qualitative calculations ensure the relevance of the study, which takes into account the intentional and stylistic features of compliments and reactions to compliments. The need to study these aspects is explained by the orientation of compliments towards ...
First results of the import substitution policy in the Kaliningrad region
The aim of this research work is to analyze the results of the import substitution policy of an exclave territory. The objectives of this research include the analysis of the development of agriculture in the exclave region, the evaluation of the food security level,...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... increase in sectoral contributions. To this end, the study uses the well-known approaches of simulation modelling, as well as qualitative and quantitative methods in combination with economic-mathematical optimisation models. The article presents a pilot ... ....17059/2015-2-9.
6. Gorshenina, E. V. 2009, Regional'nye ekonomicheskie issledovaniya: teoriya i praktika [Regional economic research: theory and practice], Tver, 203 p. (In Russ.)
7. Kuznetsova, Yu.V (eds.) 2014, Gosudarstvennoe strategicheskoe upravlenie ...
Centres for the generation of scientific publications of the international level in the regions of Russia
... the desire to increase the global competitiveness of scientific and educational organizations. In order to assess the effectiveness of scientific work scientometric indicators are used to compare the achievements of countries, regions and individual researchers. Thus spatial scientometrics makes it possible to organize data on the information flow of scientific publications and to optimize navigation in the publication space at various spatial levels. The aim of this work is to identify centers ...
Typology of small towns in the western borderland regions of Russia
... significant for ensuring national interests along the state border of Russia. The article presents the author's version of the typology of small towns in the Western borderlands of Russia, based on the statistical and analytical databases. Due to the limited research tools for assessing the level of development and quality of life in individual cities, the proposed assessment methodology may be interesting for conducting similar studies in some other regions of Russia. The results of the typological research ...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... E., Burgmanis Ģ., Prusakova L. Regional Human Capital Disequilibria: The Case of Youth Migration in Latvia // Folia Geographica. 2020. № 1 (18). doi: 10.22364/fg.18.4.
24. Baert S., Lippens L., Moens E. et al. The COVID-19 Crisis and Telework: A Research Survey on Experiences, Expectations and Hopes // IZA Discussion Paper. 2020. № 13229. Institute of Labor Economics. URL:
(дата обращения: ...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... migrant workers in the CIS. Another focus is the restriction and support measures and how they have affected migrants. A range of qualitative and quantitative data was collated on the situation of migrant workers during Covid-19 restriction in the Russian ... ... ekonomiko-sotsiologicheskoe issledovanie [Modeling labor migration flows from Central Asian countries to Russia: economic and sociological research], Moscow, 189 p. (in Russ.).
3. Wagner, V. 2020, Migration and Mobility in Eastern Europe and Central Asia: What to Expect ...
On some aspects of psychological assistance on Instagram
The research is devoted to identifying the specifics of professional and non-professional psychological assistance provided in Instagram.... ... parapsychologists working on the Instagram every day. Each blogger has from 19,000 to 2,500,000 subscribers. The study identified and qualitatively analyzed certain types of psychological assistance: psychological information, individual consultations and online ...
Economic security of a border region: quantitative and qualitative measurements (the case of the Rostov region)
... conditions of geoeconomic turbulence. Using complementary methods of the economic-statistical analysis of dynamic series and expert interviewing, the author describes multidimensional intra-regional processes triggered by external economic shifts. Empirical research shows a decrease in several economic indicators and the response of the region's economy to external challenges. The Rostov region is capable of the mobilization of its productive forces while forming new market niches in the process of import ...
Linguistic and cultural focus of specialised technical translation in the steel industry (Russian, English, and German languages)
... specificity of technological processes, aspects of regulation and standardization, interference and borrowing from other cultures and issues of accent and dialect in speech communication with non-native speakers. The illustrative and novel nature of the research proceeds from a comparative analysis of the empirical material of three languages: Russian, English, and German. The study relies on observation, analysis, synthesis, generalization, content analysis, as well as the comparative method allow expanding ...
The later works of Boris Porshnev in foreign historiography
... H., Heer N. W. The Soviet Union: historiography since Stalin // International Handbook of Historical Studies. Contemporary research and theory / ed. by G. G. Iggers and H. T. Parker. L., 1980. P. 281—294.
13. Braudel F. Civilisation matérielle, économie ... ... Parmi les historiens. Articles et comptes rendus. P., 1983.
35. Loone E. «They Were Not Quite Like Us»: The Presumption of Qualitative Difference in Historical Writing // Developments in Modern Historiography / ed. by H. Kozicki. N. Y., 1993. P. 164—181....
An “ideal city”, its statics and dynamics
... well informed about the inside and outside metabolic processes. In conclusion the author claims the necessity of an interdisciplinary approach to designing and constructing an ‘ideal city’ model in Russia and everywhere. Such interdisciplinary research and development teams of the researchers, tutors, students, journalists, grassroots activists and municipal workers have to be formed. It is stated that a practical realization of any ‘ideal city’ project is neither a ‘social project’ ...
The Name of Prophet Abraham in the Old Russian Literature of XI—XIII centuries
... (in Russ.).
Gippius, A. A., 2010. ‘Chronicle’ readings of paremias about Boris and Gleb: the history of the text and the historical context. In: B. A. Uspenskii, F. B. Uspenskii. Fakty i znaki: issledovaniya po semiotike istorii [Facts and signs: research on the semiotics of history]. Moscow. pp. 42—71 (in Russ.).
Danilevskij, I. N., 2004. The Bible as the source of the Tale of Bygone Years and its prior corpuses. In: Povest vremennyh let: germenevticheskie osnovy istochnikovedeniya letopisnyh ...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... of Russian Neo-Kantianism cannot be equated to those on the history of German Neo-Kantianism, the situation is improving. The authors stress the undeniable progress in Russian Neo-Kantianism studies in Poland: monographs, articles, collections, and research projects dedicated to certain scholars or aspects of the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism have appeared recenly. The authors believe that a breakthrough in the Polish Neo-Kantianism Russian studies is associated with the works on Russian thought ...
Topical Problems of Soil Microflora Study in Kaliningrad
The article considers the main polluting factors of urban soils and estimates the impact of anthropogenic pressure on the quantitative and qualitative composition of soil microflora. The authors outline the prospects of research on the microflora of Kaliningrad soils situated in different ecological conditions.
Д., Сусьян Е.
Развитие фундаментальных идей В.
А. Ковды в почвенной ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... development, particular attention is drawn to studies that assess major infrastructure — and thus political — projects aimed at a qualitative breakthrough in the socio-economic development of the countries under investigation. The scheduled multi-billion investments ... ... inconsistency between political and economic objectives of the development of the Baltics. The study contributes to a broader set of research into the issues of post-Soviet economic and political development. The Baltic States follow their own political and economic ...