Estonian Political Parties in the mid-2010s
... Baltijskogo regiona v 2007—2009 [Populism and political participation: riots in the Baltic region in 2007—2009], Politicheskaja jekspertiza: POLITJeKS [Political expert: POLITEKS], Vol. 5 no. 1, p. 209—230.
comparative politics, political parties, party systems, Republic of Estonia
Party system nationalization in Estonia
... diminishing since 2013, leading one to conclude that the Estonian ‘integration’ project has failed to close the ideological divide between ethnic Estonians and ethnic Russians.
Lanko, D. A., Lantsova, I. S.
comparative politics, political parties, party systems, nationalization, Estonia
Supranational party system of the EU
... 2007, Punishment or Protest? Understanding European Parliament Elections, The Journal of Politics, T. 69, Vol. 2, p. 495—510.
26. Nugent, N. 2010, The Government and Politics of the European Union: The European Union Series.
27. Sartori, D. 1976, Parties and Party Systems, Cambridge.
28. Sedlakova, M. 2013, The Role of Ideology in Boundary Maintenance of Europarties, available at: www.etd.ceu.hu/2013/sedlakova_maria. pdf (accesses 20 December 2015).
Peshenkov A., Zhukovskiy I.
European parliament, Europarty,...
Estonia’s party system today: electoral turbulence and changes in ethno-regional patterns
... diminishing as a civil society based on civic rather than ethnic principles is emerging in the country. The main drivers of the change are the formation of new parties and coalition-building — both have an immediate effect on how the image of the parties is perceived by voters.
Oskolkov, P. V.
party system, electoral geography, ethnicity, non-citizens, civic society, coalition-building
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
... the multiculturalism principles. The interethnic tension manifested itself in the wide support for the Swedish Democrats Party in the 2010 parliamentary election. From a political party system dominated by social democrats, the Swedish political party system turned into one with two leading parties – the centre-left Swedish Social Democratic Labour Party and the centre-right Moderate Party. The Swedish Democrats position themselves as an alternative to the two party blocs headed by the dominating parties (the Alliance and the Red-Green)....
The features of the genesis of modern Lithuanian multiparty system
... formation of the modern Lithuanian multi-party system. The author pays attention to the role of confrontation between the social and political movement „Sajudis» and the Communist party of the Lithuanian SSR in the formation of the bipolar party system based on the ideological confrontation between the two dominant political parties — the Lithuanian Democratic Labour Party and the Homeland Union.
1. Сокольский С. От гражданских движений к политическим партиям (Россия и страны Вышеградской группы) ...
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
... people”, which was democratic in nature. The “people” included the educated public and was opposed to the “authorities”. In its new meaning, “people” was seen as the “third class”, the future civil nation, called to construct a political system based on the idea of popular sovereignty. In this sense, the Cadet ideology was revolutionary and implied a break from the Ancien régime. The “people” were not considered as some unique whole but rather as an integral part of humanity,...
The system of financing political parties in Latvia
... considers the mechanism of financing of political parties in the Republic of Latvia. The author analyses the participation of financial and economic groups in the country’s political life. Key business actors affecting the formation of Latvian political system are identified. It is concluded that, since regaining independence in 1991, business has been a principal source of financing for Latvian political parties. The scope of financing of political parties in the republic depends on the intensity of political struggle and increases in the period of election campaigns. However, the scope of financing is closely correlated with the degree to which a party ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Social Research Institute. Budapest, available at:
23. Rol' malykh partii v partiino-politicheskoi sisteme Germanii: doklady Instituta Evropy [The role of small parties in the party political system of Germany: reports of the Institute of Europe], 2015, Moscow, Institute of Europe, RAS, p. 88. (In Russ.)
24. Timoshenkova, Е. П. 2015, The party political system of Germany after the elections to the Bundestag: the main development trends (2014—2015),...
Different forms of parliamentarism and the factors determining the variations
Parliamentarism can be implemented in a few versions: parliamentary-cabinet,cabinet-parliamentary, parliamentary-presidential and parliamentary-committee. It is, thus, an internally diversified system. It is influenced by a number of factors, among others, the type of party system, the way of granting the non-confidence vote and dissolving the parliament, as well as the scope of so called delegated legislation.In contemporary parliamentary democracies ...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... http://lib.ru/STRUGACKIE/ostrow2.txt (accessed 12.12.2014).
20. Strugatsky, А., Strugatsky, B. 1992, Ponedel'nik nachinaetsja v subbotu [Monday begins on Saturday], Moscow.
21. Sukhorukov, V. D. 2000, Teorija geoprostranstvennyh sistem [Geospatial Systems Theory], Smolensk, 192 p.
22. Tarhov, S. А. 2013, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija: ejo sushhnost', predmet izuchenija i metody [Socio-economic geography: its essence, the subject matter and methods], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... Mikhailova, eds. Politicheskaya konkurentsiya i partii v gosudarstvakh postsovetskogo prostranstva [Political competition and parties in the states of the post-Soviet space]. Moscow. p. 32.
16. Zolyan, S. T., 2014. Semantika i struktura poeticheskogo teksta ... ... [Selected articles]. Vol. 2. Tallinn. pp. 107—110.
24. Luman, N., 2007. Sotsial'nye sistemy. Ocherk obshchei teorii [Social systems. Essay on general theory]. St. Petersburg. pp. 527—541.
25. Maklyuen, M., 2014. Ponimanie media [Understanding Media]....
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... territorial diaspora elites, business community members, and ‘moral politicians’. The article identifies two periods of formation of political party networks in Poland: the first period (1993—2007) saw a transition from rather weakly integrated systems to high density and cohesion networks as early as the second electoral cycle, after which a gradual decrease in the key indices of network integration was registered. A new peak of network cohesion and integration was reached in 2007—2011; however,...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... the political elite of the Republic of Lithuania in the post-Soviet period through analyzing the role of the so-called “moral politicians” — intellectuals, artists, and cultural figures, who played a decisive role in the period of the communist system disintegration and further development of the country's policy. The role of the political elite, which is understood according to R. Putnam and J. Higley's definition, is considered in the conditions of political instability and uncertainty typical ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
This article considers the legitimacy of political regimes in the Baltic States by analysing three major parameters: confidence in political institutions, level of corruption, and the development of their party systems. The author identifies the major crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. The article stresses the problem of legitimacy reproduction resulting from the limited representation of the national ...
Episodes of the Klaipeda/Memel Anschluss in March, 1939
... discusses the complicated diplomatic relations between Lithuania and Germany in 1938—1939 on the basis of archive documents and historical studies. The author identifies the methods used by the Germans in the Klaipėda region in order to destroy the system established by the Treaty of Versailles, propagate national socialist ideas among the population, and spread a positive attitude to the restoration of the region as a part of the German Reich. The author offers a detailed analysis of the actions ...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
... territorial organization. After the phase of stabilization, the electoral volatility indices in different geographical areas changed due to a combination of social and political factors. The authors show that the ‘looseness’ of the Polish party system affect the electoral volatility in the region more than institutional decisions of the administrative reforms.
1. Zając, W., 1999, Zasadniczy trójstopniowy podział terytorialny Polski. Komentarz do przepisów, Warszawa.
2. Agopszowicz, A.,...
The rhetoric and logic of the representations of the Russian-Turkish War of 1877–1878 in Russian public discourse
... of the conflict was instrumental in ‘Westernising’ the image of the Russian Empire. The critics of this model placed both parties of the conflict in a common oriental framework but did not equate them. Self-orientalisation was viewed as a political ... ... Peace: Collection of articles]. Vol. XXII. Moscow, pp. 93—109 (in Russ.).
Teslya, A. A., 2017a. Russian Conservative: On the System of Political Views of K. P. Pobedonostsev of the 1870—1890s. Sotsiologicheskoe obozrenie [Sociological review], 16(1),...
Organisation and Activity of Police in border areas of North-Western Russia under Reconstruction of Soviet Society
The article casts light on the system of intelligence officer training. The deep changes in the political and socioeconomic life of the USSR resulted in the growth of opposition attitudes. It necessitated higher efficiency of the officers of the National Commissariat of Home Affairs....
The symbolic complexes of mass culture and the semiosis of political discourse
In this article, I address the influence of modern mass culture (MC), its symbolic system, narratives, and protagonists on the political discourse. I emphasise that an analysis of the images of mass culture protagonists can give a complete picture of the society that continuously reproduces these protagonists and seeks to resemble them....
Foreign lobbying as an instrument of defense cooperation between Poland and the United States
... methodology employed includes the periodisation of Polish lobbying activities in the US and an empirical study of lobbying based on analysis of original documents, many of which have been analysed for the first time. It is shown that, under the existing party system, Poland will not abandon strategic partnership with the United States, primarily in security and defence. Over the study period, Poland quickly gained experience in promoting its interests in the US through direct lobbying, showing flexibility ...
The ‘hybrid model’ of Norway’s ethnic policy in its northern counties: a key to stable interethnic relations
... policy in the framework of target-based programme management), the comparative law method (a comparison of national legal systems and international contractual standards), the value and norm-driven method (ethnic policy viewed through the prism of ... ... ‘hybrid’ ethnic policy towards ethnic groups living on its territory. The growing infighting between the right and the left parties in the Storting translates into unpopular and spur-of-the-moment political decisions as regards inter-ethnic relations....
Political elite networks in Latvia and their transformation in 1993-2014
... Political Networks: the Structural Perspective. Cambridge University Press, 1990.
5. Lieven A. The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to In¬de¬pendence. New Haven ; L., 1994.
6. The New Democracies in Eastern Europe: Party Systems and Political Cleavages. Aldershot, 1994.
7. Wasserman S., Faust K. Social Network Analysis: Method and Application. Cambridge University Press, 1994.
8. Розенвалдс Ю. Проблема «(де)герметизации» политической ...
Baltic Factor in Russia-France Relations
... V. V. 2004, Vneshnyaya politika Rossii i mezhdunarodnye sistemy: 1700—1918 gg. [Foreign policy of Russia and international systems: 1700—1918.], Moscow. (In Russ.)
3. Martens, F. F. 1909, Sobranie traktatov i konvencij, zaklyuchennyh Rossieyu s inostrannymi ... ... Souvenirs du baron de Barante. 1782—1866, T. 5, Paris, Calmann Lévy.
9. Capefigue, J.-B. 1836, Le gouvernement de juillet, les partis et les hommes politiques. 1830 à 1835, T.2, Bruxelles, L. Hauman et Cie.
10. La Patrie, 1846, Journal politique, commercial,...
Rent and anti-rent in partly competitive political markets
... critically re-considers the neo-institutional approach to the essence of political rent. The notion of political anti-rent is introduced and substantiated. The author considers forms and significance of political rent in the political space of modern party systems. The article provides a quantitative evaluation of rents and anti-rents in political markets of some states.
1. Беккер Г. С. Человеческое поведение: экономический подход. Избранные труды ...
Russia’s political risk for the foreign investors: A special emphasis on Kaliningrad
EIU Country Report: Russia
, August, Economist Intelligence Unit, London, 2009.
. Tension escalates in the Northern Caucasus,
, August 26, 2009.
The Transformation of Russia’s Party System,
Russian analytical digest
Russia crisis “strengthens hardliners” — key Medvedev adviser,
, May 20, 2009.
. Millions more Russians shunted into poverty,
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... goda. (Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 17.11.2008 № 1662-r.) [The concept of long-term socio — economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020. (Order of the RF Government of 17.11.2008 № 1662-r.)], legal-reference system "ConsultantPlus".
10. Mezhevich, N. M., Pribyshin, T. K. 2012, Innovacionnaja jekonomika v regione Baltijskogo morja [Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region], Balt. reg., no. 3(13), p. 59—72. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-3-4.
The European Court of Justice case of Elgafaji: the interaction between EU law and international humanitarian law
... 32 of the Regulations on military service and
items 35 and 44 provisions on the appointment and payment of state benefits to citizens with children ", January 15, 2009, № 187-O-O], Sprav.-pravovaja sistema «Konsul'tantPljus» [Legal-reference system «Adviser Plus».]
7. Zorkin, V. D. 2010, Predel ustupchivosti [Limit compliance], Rossijskaya gazeta [Rossijskaya Gazeta], Okt. 29, available at: http://www.rg.ru/2010/10/29/ zorkin. html (accessed 15 December 2010).
8. Judgment on case №С-106/89 ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... the Baltics through the lens of the ethnic factor. By applying the ethnopolitical approach, the author concludes that the de facto barriers to non-titular population groups entering power structures, which exist in Latvia and Estonia, “freeze” the system of elite recruitment. In the conditions of increasing social unrest, it may have an adverse effect on the overall political stability in these countries. The results obtained can be used for research, educational, and practical purposes. In the ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... energy cooperation qualitatively: it offers a cheaper way to meet the needs of the EU, redefines interdependence between the parties, and introduces new elements of equality between them. Energy efficiency cooperation also transforms the patterns of the ... ... 889 «On measures to improve energy and environmental efficiency of the Russian
economy»], 2008, Reference and consultation system «Consultant Plus».
3. Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 13 nojabrja 2009 g.№ 1715-r «Jenergeticheskaja ...
The development of legal framework for Russia-EU relations: 2010 results
... as relevant regulations of the European Union and Russian law. The article reviews current initiatives and approaches of the Parties in the legal regulation of the „Partnership for modernisation".
1. Postojannoe predstavitel'stvo Rossijskoj Federacii ... ... 2010, Nalogovoe pravo ES: aktual'nye problemy funkcionirovanija edinoj sistemy [EU tax law: current problems of the unified system], Moscow.
7. Mikhailova, S. A. 2009, Nekotorye aspekty evropejskoj transgranichnoj nesostojatel'nosti
[Some aspects of ...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... Politicheskie partii i rossijskie transformacii: teorija i
politicheskaja praktika, avtoref. dis. … d-ra polit. nauk [Political parties and the Russian transformation: theory and political practice: summary of dis.... candidate of political sciences], Saint ... ... 287—302.
19. Needham, R. 1978, Primordial Characters, Charlottesville.
20. Ouellet, J. 2004, Authority, Trade and Ideas: Using Systems Theory to Understand Borders and Identity. In: Khudoley, K., Lanko, D. (ed.), Borders, Identities and Nationalism: Understanding ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
... occasionally pursue opposite goals, there is considerable interdependence between them, and a confrontation is disadvantageous for both parties.
От «Дружбы» к Балтике // Независимая газета.... ...
Baltic Region, Russia, EU, energy sector, competition, cooperation, oil and oil product export, Baltic Pipeline System, Baltic Pipeline System 2, Nord Stream, Ignalina NPP, Baltic NPP
Was heißt Fortschritt im Wissen? Gnoseotopische Überlegungen zur Aufklärung und ihren Folgen
... been acknowledged since Antiquity and taken for granted for millennia of human history, the awareness of this ignorance becomes particularly problematic during the Enlightenment when irreducible yet systematically repressed elements of human ignorance ... ... Alexander Gottlieb Baumgarten, and Johann Georg Sulzer. The argument does not focus on the ‘completion’ of the rationalist system of 18th-century philosophy, but rather on the subversive quality of the introduction of subrational elements into that ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
Traditionally, studies into a state’s foreign policy focus on the international situation and national interests of the parties. However, such approach does not completely conform to the objectives of studies into the foreign policy of the European ... ... International Relations and World Politics, no. 4, p. 134–163.
5. Yudin, N. V. 2015, Sistemnoe prochtenie fenomena mjagkoj sily [A systemic approach to “soft power”]. International Trends, Vol. 13, no. 2, p.96–105.
6. Mayer, H., Vogt, H. (eds.), 2006,...
Knowing humanity without knowing the human being: The structure of polemic in Kant’s political argumentation
... contemporaries (Garve, Mendesohn, Frederick the Great) — and generalised characters representing entire classes. The two opposing parties are Kant and his favourite philosophers (Saint-Pierre and Rousseau) against the ‘government’ and ‘lawyers’. Kant’s ... .... 2006, Sistemnaja model' argumentacii v prakticheskoj filosofii I. Kanta: Diss. na soisk. uch. step. kand. filos. nauk [The System Model of Argumentation Accordingto the Kant’s Practical Philosophy. Doctoral diss.]. Kaliningrad.
21. Khizanishvili, ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... initiatives. Finally, repercussions for Russian and Baltic politics are discussed alongside GVC regionalisation benefits for all the parties involved.
1. Baldwin, R., Freeman, R. 2020, Supply chain contagion waves: Thinking ahead on manufacturing ‘contagion ... ...
15. Frankel, J., Stein, E., Wei, S. 1997, Regional Trading Blocs in the World Economic System, Washington DC, Institute for International Economics.
16. Eichengreen, B., Irwin, D. 1996, The Role of History in Bilateral ...