Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... Development Economics, Vol. 77, no. 1, р. 257—275.
9. Crozet, M., Soubeyran, P. K. 2004, EU enlargement and the internal geography f countries, Journal of Comparative Economics, Vol. 32, no. 2, p. 265—279.
10. Daumal, M. 2013, The impact of trade openness on regional inequality: the cases of India and Brazil, The International Trade Journal, Vol. 27, no. 3, p. 243—280.
11. Dollar, D. 1992, Outward-oriented developing economies really do grow more rapidly: evidence from 95 LDCs, 1976—1985, Economic development ...
Regional politics of memory in Poland’s Warmia and Masuria
... dominate the collective consciousness. This approach helped to use the postwar legacy impartially and effectively. However, the image of the past was distorted. This distortion was overcome at the turn of the 21st century to give rise to the concept of open regionalism. An effective alternative to nationalistic populism, open regionalism provides a favourable background for international cross-border cooperation.
Kostyashov Yu. V., Sergeev V. V.
politics of memory, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland,...
Development of geoportal of the center of space services on basis of open systems
Information-software solutions applied to creation of geoportal of the Center of space services of the Kaliningrad region are presented. The software with open codes (GeoNetwork — for creation and work with metadata, Geo-Server — for publication of geodata, PostGreSQL — for storage of geodata) and open formats (WMS, WFS, KML) for the publication of geodata was used. Structures of NoSQL tables for ...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... Conference Iceland´s Recovery—Lessons and Challenges, Reykjavík, Iceland, October 27 2011, available at
19. Kristjánsdóttir, H. 2012, Exports from a Remote Developed Region: Analyzed by an Inverse Hyperbolic Sine Transformation of the Gravity Model, The World Economy, Vol. 35, no. 7, p. 953—966.
20. Kristjánsdóttir, H. 2013, Foreign Direct Investment in a Small Open Economy, Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 20, no. 15, p. 1423—1425.
21. Kristjánsdóttir, H. 2016, Foreign Direct Investment in the Hospitality Industry in Iceland and Norway in comparison to the Nordics and a range of other OECD countries, Scandinavian ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... eu/project-partners (accessed 20 September 2012).
20. ICTforHealth. Information Communication Technology, available at: http:// www. ictforhealth. net/index. php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid =27 (accessed 20 September 2012).
21. Complex development of regional cooperation in the field of open ICT innovations, KARELIA ENPI CBC, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi. eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/154-complex-development-of-regional-cooperation-in-the-field-of-open-ict-innovations (accessed 17 September 2012).
22. Green cities ...
Modern aspects of diagnostics of compressional neuropathy of the median nerve in the carpal canal
... most effective algorithm for diagnosing patients with CCS. The study was performed on 98 patients examined in the Kaliningrad regional clinical hospital, the department of traumatology and orthopedics at the IKBFU Clinical and Diagnostic Center in 2013—2019.... ... Scratch A.B. Collapse Test for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis // Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Glob. Open. 2018. Vol. 6 (9). P. e1933.
12. Ibrahim I., Khan W.S., Goddard N. et al. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Review of the Recent ...
"The Baltic University" programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary
... educational project aiming at the sustainable development of the Baltic Sea region. International interuniversity cooperation facilitates intercultural communication between students and researchers, and creates new prospects for joint research, which opens up an opportunity for solving common environmental and social problems in the Baltic Sea region.
Ionov Viktor, Kropinova Yelena
the Baltic University programme, an educational project, interuniversity cooperation, sustainable development, the Baltic Sea region
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... Affairs of the Russian Federation, available at: http://www.mid.ru/Brp_4.nsf/arh/D2FDBE95F19D148EC325717D002FFDCC (accessed 29.08.2014).
16. Moskva i Varshava prizvali ES otkryt' granicy s Kaliningradskoj oblast'ju [Moscow and Warsaw called on the EU to open the border with the Kaliningrad region], 2010, Deutsche Welle, available at: http://rus. delfi. ee/daily/abroad/moskva-ivarshava-prizvali-es-otkryt-granicy-s-kaliningradskoj-oblastyu.d?id=30297729 (accessed 29.08.2014).
17. Pol'sha vystupaet za vizovye l'goty zhiteljam Kaliningradskoj ...
Exclavity as a challenge and a resource for foreign positioning of the Kaliningrad region
... medium term. While the Kaliningrad region is secured geopolitically by the military superiority of the Russian state over a potential adversary in the Baltic, there are no comparable social and economic guarantees Here, paradoxically, the situation can open up opportunities for increasing the coherence of the narrow, purely peripheral interests of the Russian exclave and the regions of neighboring countries, primarily Lithuania and Poland.
Tarasov I. N.
Kaliningrad region, exclave, foreign positioning
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... ego vragi [The Open Society and Its Enemies], Part. 1, Moscow.
32. Popper, K. R. 1992, Otkrytoe obshestvo i ego vragi [The Open Society and Its Enemies], Part. 2, Moscow.
33. The Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, 1992, 2 Nov., available at:http://www3.... ... factor for the political elitess of the Baltics in the context of election campaigns of 2010—2011: an expert opinion, Baltic Region, no 2 (8), p. 146—153. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-15, available at: http://journals.kantiana.ru/upload/iblock/d5f/Vadim%20A....
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
The issue of regional development involves the study of growth drivers in a competitive, innovative and open environment. In these conditions, cluster forms of integration are considered as centers of economic and innovative regional development. The article examines a specialized agro-industrial complex that is developing at the interregional level ...
The introduction of the open source GIS tools into the procedure of environmental planning
The practical solution for the most acute problems of biodiversity preservation in the region requires the restoration of the conservation area network. This article gives an assessment of the previous and perspective conservation area networks on the basis of landscape design experience and biological indicators.
Information and need-related components of the development of motivation for adaptive sports in the disabled
... article focuses on the basic information and need-related components of the development of motivation for adaptive sports in the disabled. The article presents the results of research conducted among hearing impaired sportspeople from the three Russian regions in the framework of the tournament dedicated to the opening of the festival of the “Penguin” sports club for the disabled people at Shuya State Pedagogical University.
реабилитация и спорт инвалидов: нормативные правовые документы,...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
Remigration opens up the opportunity for a country to see the return of its citizens from migration, bringing with them their ideas, knowledge,... ... inovacijų institutas.
17. Gečienė, I., Matulaitis, Š. 2012, Lithuanian Diaspora Role in Sustainable Development of Country, Regional Formation and Development Studies, vol. 3, no. 8, p. 84—91.
18. Grabowska, I., Engbersen, G. 2016, Social Remittances ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... country’s total area and 9.5 % of its population. This article aims to trace the patterns of city distribution across the region, to assess the conditions of differently populated cities and towns, and to identify sustainability trends in their socio-economic ... ... district in 2002—2017. A result of uneven socio-economic development, this irregularity became more serious as globalisation and open market advanced. The study links the causes and features of growth-related differences to the administrative status, location,...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
Cross-border cooperation as a type of interregional interaction is becoming a significant factor in the development of border regions. It can be viewed as a result of intensification of cross-border contacts and greater economic openness of cross-border regions. Thus, the roots of current development are quite easy to pinpoint. However, assessment of the impact of cross-border cooperation on the development of border regions appears to be a research challenge. In this paper, we offer an approach to the ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Vasquez Barquero, A. (eds), Organization
of Production and Territory: Local Models of Dévelopment, Pavia, Gianni Iuculano Editore.
29. Eskelinen, H., Hannibalsson, I., Malmberg, A., Maskell, P., Vatne, E. 1998, Competitiveness, Localised Learning and Regional Development: Specialisation and
Prosperity in Small Open Economies, Routledge, London, 256 p.
30. Karlsson, C., Rouchy, P. 2015, Regional Economic Development, Social Capital and Governance: A Buchanian Approach, CESIS Electronic Working Paper Series, no. 390, 38 p.
31. Wilson, J. 2008, Territorial competitiveness ...
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
... into the socio-spatial dynamics in Central-Eastern European cities is an im-portant area of contemporary transition studies. Open issues in this domain range from defining a theoretical framework to data availability and methodological approaches. As ... ... approaches may shed new light on the complex patterns of urban socio-spatial differentiation and its post-Soviet dynamics. Growing regional socio-economic imbalances observed in the former socialist states are lending new urgency to this area of research. This ...
The project "Greater Eurasia" among the factors of development of the exclave of the Kaliningrad region
... economically developed countries and Russian regions. Deterioration of political relations and the weakening of socio-economic ties between Russia and the West diminished chances of implementing this type of strategy. However, the Greater Eurasia project opens up new perspectives for the Kaliningrad region. The new development strategy presupposes the development of the region as a link of the East — West transport corridor. The implementation of this strategy can be facilitated by the strengthening of foreign economic ties with the East of Eurasia ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... komitet Respubliki Belarus [State Committees of the Republic of Belarus], 04 April, available at: http://gpk.gov.by/press_center/international_news/16895/ (accessed 12 August 2013).
Sebentsov Alexander, Zotova Maria
exclave, cross-border economy, open economic zone, the Kaliningrad region
The competitiveness of the Irkutsk region in the world tourism market
... области // Известия ИГЭА. 2011. № 3. С. 48—53.
22. Tourism — an economic and social phenomenon // World Tourism Organization. URL:
(дата обращения: 08.03.2016).
23. World Bank Open Data // The World Bank. URL:
. GDP. MKTP. PP. CD (дата обращения: 14.09.2015).
Solodkov M., Borisova A.
international tourism, inbound tourism, competitiveness in tourism, regional features of tourism, tourism in the Irkutsk region, tourism development factors
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
11. Optimization of the structure is designed to improve the efficiency of the regional government in the international direction, 2007, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at: http
(accessed 20.01.2017). (In Russ.)
12. Registration for The Programme Final-Opening Conference in Gdansk is open, 2016, Lithuania-Poland-Russia ENPI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007—2013, available at:
13. Memorable sign of Soviet-Polish friendship, Administration of the urban district "City ...
Civil protection in the EU and its effect on the safety of the Baltic region
... European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy in the Baltic Sea Region, 2009, COM, 0248, June 10.
10. The Treaty of Lisbon amending the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty establishing ... ... September, available at: http://www. consilium. europa. eu/ (accessed 17 December 2012).
12. The Stockholm Programme — An open and secure Europe serving and protecting the citizens, 2010, Official Journal of the European Union, Series C, no. 15, May ...
Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development
As a result of the socioeconomic transformations in the Russian Federation, the openness of border regions under the influence of integration process taking place in the world community facilitates tourist mobility between neighbouring countries. The author describes an approach that considers the border regions of Northwest Russia as attractive destinations ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... na polnuju moshhnost' — otkrytie vtoroj vetki priurochili k jubileju Putina [Pipeline «Nord Stream» is on full power— opening a second branch was timed to the anniversary of Putin], 2012, NEWSru.com, 8 October, available at: http://www. newsru.... ... gazotransportnoj infrastruktury regiona [New economic geography and justification of rational gas transmission infrastructure of the region], Vestnik MSTU, Vol. 15, no. 1, available at: http://vestnik. mstu. edu.ru/v15_1_n47/articles/190_194_kozmen. pdf (accessed ...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
... (accessed 17.07.2016). (in Russ.)
13. The official website of the Central Border Museum of the Russian Federal Security Service, 2016, available at:
(accessed 07.06.2016). (in Russ.)
14. The intersection of three borders. Nickel opened in the unique monument, 2016, available at:
(accessed 24.06.2016). (in Russ.)
15. Border stone, 2016, Karelia. Tourist portal, available at:
(accessed 24.06.2016). (in Russ.)
16. Baarle village located in Belgium and in Nederland’s, 2016, available at:
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... end of the second Iraq war the American elite has been divided along ideological lines into adherents of the chaos theory and traditionalists thinking in terms of sharing control with the other centres of global power. The US strategy in the Baltic region does not seek an open military conflict with Russia. On the contrary, the US strives to preserve the current level of confrontation between Russia and the EU, convincing the latter of the reality of the Russian threat. Countries that traditionally support confrontation ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
(accessed 02.02.2017). (in Russ.)
39. A fascinating journey through the Via Hanseatica, available at:
(accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
40. Finns intend to open the tourist water route from Krasnoyarsk to Finland, available at:
(accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
41. Chub, M. A. 2012, Heilongjiang Amur region: projects and prospects of international tourism, Evrazijskaya integraciya: ehkonomika, pravo, politika [Eurasian integration: economics, law, politics], no. 12, p. 69—74. (in Russ.)
42. Shekov, V. A. 2015, Geological, mining and industrial heritage ...
Environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden
... (дата обращения: 01.05.2017).
14. Remarks by Minister for Foreign Affairs Margot Wallström at Arctic Frontiers opening session in Tromsö // Government Offices of Sweden. URL:
(дата обращения: 10.05.2017).
17. Sweden’s strategy for the Arctic region. 2012. Stockholm, 2011.
18. Tauriainen T. Handing over the gavel: Reflections on Sweden’s Chairmanship of the Arctic ...
Application of the gravimetric method in the study of paleoincisions on the territory of the Kaliningrad region
... physikalisch-ökonomischen Gesellschaft zu Königsberg. Königsberg, 1878. S. 185—257.
12. Jørgensen F., Sandersen P. B. E. Buried and open tunnel valleys in Denmark — erosion beneath multiple ice sheets // Quaternary Science Reviews. 2006. № 25. P. 1339—1363.... ....2014).
Kuleshova L., Mihnevich G.
gravity investigation, sub-Quaternary surface, palaeoincisions, tunnel valleys, Kaliningrad region
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... Analysis, Vol. 30, no. 1, p. 17—28.
26. Le Mière, C., Mazo, J. 2013, The Arctic As A Theatre Of Military Operations. In: Arctic Opening: Insecurity and Opportunity, adelphy Papaers, London, p. 77—100.
27. Making Sense of Ballistic Missile Defense: An ... ....dll/article?AID =2014302010028 (accessed 14.10.2015).
Konyshev V., Sergunin A., Subbotin S.
ballistic missile defense, US, Baltic region, Nordic countries, Russia
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... gescheiterte Integration, Stuttgart, München, p. 102—143.
30. Towards a Common Migration Policy for the European Union, 2000, Opening Speech by Commissioner Antonio Vitorino for the Conference on «Migrations: Scenarios for the 21st Century» Deliveiy,... ... (accessed 12.03.2017).
Gladkiy Yu. N., Gladkiy I. Yu., Eidemiller K. Yu.
multiculturalism, immigration, Muslim community, Baltic region states, adaptation of migrants, integration scenarios
The noun visilka: a semantic portrait and a system of multiple meanings (based on police search documentation of the second half of the 19th century)
... funds of the State Archive of the Tyumen region, the State Archive of the Omsk region, and the State Archive of the Irkutsk region. All texts date back to the late 19th century. The study of the lexeme visilka was conducted in accordance with the lexicographic ... ... National Corpus of the Russian language, the Uppsala and Tyubinsk corpuses, the database of the Russian press Integrum and Open Corpus.
Delo Irkutskogo gubernskogo pravleniya o razyskanii byvshego studenta Har'kovskogo Veterinarnogo Instituta ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... relationships; (4) as a product of strong social contacts and soft power. GVC regionalisation will be driven by individual companies, regional (local) governments, and Russian-Baltic cross-border cooperation initiatives. Finally, repercussions for Russian and ... ....org/article/just-time-supply-chains-after-covid-19-crisis
(accessed 8 August 2020).
4. Imbs, J., Pauwels, L. 2020, A new measure of openness, VoxEU.org, available at:
(accessed 5 August 2020).
5. Banh, H., Wingender,...
Changes in the Population Distribution and Transport Network of Saint Petersburg
... approaches in political and geographical contexts, Izv. RAN. Ser. geogr, no. 1, p.19—27. (In Russ.)
2. Lachininskij, S. S., Semenova, I. V. 2015, Sankt-Peterburgskij primorskij region: geoehkonomicheskaya transformaciya territorii [St. Petersburg coastal region:geo-economic transformation of the territory], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
3. Database of indicators of municipalities of St. Petersburg, available at:
(accessed 03.04.2015). (In Russ.)
4. Open Street Map Project data, available at:
. gis-lab. info (accessed 03 April 2016).
5. Official web site of Administration of St. Petersburg, available at:
(accessed 03 April 2016).
6. Development of capacity of ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... R. S. Structural Holes: The Social Structure of Competition. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1992.
9. Burt R. S., Knez M. Kinds of Third-Party Effects on Trust // Rationality and Society. 1995. № 7. P. 225—292.
10. Chesbrough H. Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
11. Coe N. M., Yeung H. M., Dicken H. W. Globalizing’ regional development: a GPNs perspective // Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2004. № 29. P. 468—484.
12. Contractor F., Lorange P. Cooperative Strategies in International Business. Lexington, Mass. : Lexington Books, 1988.
Kanishchev V. V., Baranova E. V., Zhukov D. S.
... movement: action forms, the composition of participants, requirements, etc. The largest number of events occurred in the Volga region (22 %), Petrograd (17 %), Moscow (13 %) and the Central Industrial District (12 %). The most active rebel groups were commoners ... ... Lyamin S. K. Application of the theory of self-organized criticality to the investigation of historical processes // Sage Open. 2016. Vol. 6, iss. 4. doi: 10.1177/2158244016683216.
19. Zhukov D. S., Kanishchev V. V., Lyamin S. K. Social Movements Viewed ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... Reality]. In: Politicheskaja geografija i sovremennost'. Regional'nye i prikladnye aspekty [Political geography and modernity. Regional and applied aspects], Leningrad.
11. Samonis, V. 1995, Transformacija litovskoj jekonomiki: ot Moskvy k Vil'njusu i ... ..., Delovye vedomosti [Business News], available at: http://dv.ee/Default2.aspx?ArticleID=d329f296-517d-452b-8fef-70a83e1d52cb&open=fou (accessed 14.07.2008).
16. Economist: Latvija smogla dostich' nevozmozhnogo [Economist: Latvia managed to achieve the ...
On the benthic foraminifera species of Alabaminella weddellensis and Epistominella exigua in paleo-oceanologic reconstructions
... part of the South Atlantic and one core obtained in the northwestern Pacific were used to study the characteristic of the species distribution in the sediments during last 300 thousand years. These areas belong to the oligotrophic ecosystems of the open ocean, remote from the upwelling regions and located outside the seasonal ice cove zones. It is shown that unlike E. exigua, the maximal content of the species A. weddellensis corresponds to the intervals characterized by increased species diversity and, probably, more productive conditions....