Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... Exploring the causes of forced migration: A pooled time-series analysis, 1971—1990, Social Science Quarterly, T. 78, Vol. 2, p. 284—308.
21. Shuval, J. T. 2000, Diaspora migration: Definitional ambiguities and a theoretical paradigm, International Migration, T. 38, Vol. 5, p. 41—57.
22. Ueffing, P., Rowe, F., Mulder, C. H. 2015, Differences in attitudes towards immigration between Australia and Germany: The role of immigration policy, Comparative Population Studies, T. 40, Vol. 4, p. 437—465.
23. Weber, H. 2015, National and regional proportion of immigrants and perceived threat of immigration: ...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
This article explores the role of a regional media image on migration attitudes. Attention is drawn to the Kaliningrad region, a Russian exclave whose population growth is solely due to migration. The study aims to determine how the media images of Kaliningrad affect the decision to move. The research draws on Radaev’s ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... into the receiving society. On the other hand, the receiving society also faces a serious transformation as a result of the changing population size and structure, the emergence of new elements in culture, rules of behaviour, and the development of new attitudes.
1. Emelyanova, L. L. 2006, Analiz prostranstvennoj mobil'nosti naselenija Kaliningradskoj oblasti i voprosy migracionnogo regulirovanija [Analysis of the spatial mobility of the population of the Kaliningrad region and the issues of migration control], Region sotrudnichestva [Region of cooperation], no. 2 (49).
2. Emelyanova, L. L. 2008, Mesto Kaliningradskoj oblasti v migracionnyh processah Rossii i stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Place the Kaliningrad region in migration processes ...
Geography of European Migration
... dejstvitel'nost' [Gestalt and reality], Moscow, 663 p. P. 269.
20. Borjas, G. 1995, The Economic Benefits from Immigration. Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 3—22.
21. Ceobanu, A. M., Escandell, X. 2010, Comparative analyses of public attitudes toward immigrants and immigration using multinational survey data: A review of theories and research, Annual Review of Sociology, no. 36, p. 309—327.
22. King, R. 2002, Towards a new map of European migration. International Journal of Population Geography, Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 89—106.
23. Taylor, J. E. 1999, The new economics of labour migration and the role of remittances in the migration process, International Migration, Vol. 37, no. 1, p. 63—88....
Russophone immigration to Finland: new forms, trends, and consequences
... Russian Immigrant Women Living on the Border], Tampere, Vastapaino, p.169—188.4.
1. Alho, R., Helander, M. 2016, Foreign Seasonal Farm Workers’ Strategies at the Margins of the Finnish Welfare State: Informal networks and weak ties, Nordic Journal of Migration Research, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 148—157. doi:
6. Brylka, A., Mähönen T. & Jasinskaja-Lahti, I., 2015, National identification and attitudes towards Russian immigrants in Finland: Investigating the role of perceived threats and gains, Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, no. 56, p. 670—677.
7. Jasinskaja-Lahti, I. and Liebkind, K., 2001, Perceived discrimination and psychological ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
The European migration crisis has divided the population of Germany along the lines of the country’s migration policy and the attitude to immigrants. The antiimmigrant sentiment, supported by the rhetoric of the extreme right-wing parties and the criticism of current policies, have been growing in the society. This article reviews theoretical approaches to the study of public ...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... contain the spread of the virus, they may also result in substantial damage to population well-being. The Covid-19 outbreak in Latvia demonstrates the extent and ways in which socio-demographics factors have determined different patterns of behaviour, attitudes, employment changes and harmonised work and life balance. The study describes the chronological development of Covid-19 in the country. It describes labour migration to and from Latvia before the COVID-19 outbreak. It provides geographical features of the distribution of confirmed Covid-19 cases. The extent of the Covid-19 threat at different levels is assessed focusing on the global, national, regional ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
37. Eurostat Population and social conditions — Asylum and managed migration, 2015, available at:
38. Ramishvili, T. 2016, Baltic ... ... security and justice, Evropeiskii Soyuz: fakty i kommentarii, no. 80—81, p. 49—57. (In Russ.)
40. Latvia has most negative attitude towards refugees in EU, 2015, The Baltic Times, 14 September, 2015, availavle at:
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
... identity and the democratic integration in Latvia. URL: http://www.baltexpert.com/2010/02/04/national-identity-and-the-democratic-integrationinlatvia/ (дата обращения: 12.03.2012).
13. Petithomme M. Is there a European Identity? National Attitudes and Social Identification toward the European Union // Journal of Identity and Migration Studies.
2008. Vol. 2. URL: http://www.e-migration.ro/jims/Vol2_no1_2008/JIMS_vol2_no1_2008_PETITHOMME.pdf (дата обращения: 24.03.2012).
14. Pichler F. European Identity: Conceptual Approaches. URL: www.cinefogo.cuni.cz/getfile....
Disease control and border lockdown at the EU’s internal borders during Covid-19 pandemic: the case of Finland
... Mykhalovskiy E. The Geopolitics of Global Public Health Surveillance in the Twenty-First Century // Bashford A. (ed.). Medicine at the Border. L., 2007. P. 240—263.
8. Coker R., Ingram A. Passports and Pestilence: Migration, Security and Contemporary Border Control of Infectious Diseases // Bashford A. (ed.) Medicine at the Border: Disease, Globalisation and Security, 1850 to the Present. N. Y., 2007. P. 159—176.
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
... identifies the key prerequisites for such transformation: the crisis of social democracy and an increase in the nationalist attitudes in the society caused by the negative repercussions of the system of integration of migrants into the society based ... ... Scandinavia since 1945, London, Reaktion, 234 p. 2
8. Sverige, 2004, Migrationsinfo. se, available at: http://www.migrationsinfo.se/migration/sverige/ (accessed 1 May 2013).
29. Harrison, D. 2009, Invandringen till Sverige, Populär Historia, available at: ...