Marine Spatial Planning: Theoretical Aspects
In this article, I consider marine spatial planning (MSP) as a complex of analyses, calculations, and evaluations aimed to prove feasibility of economic activities and contribute to their development in a certain part of a sea or an ocean. A most likely comprehensive MSP object is an integrated ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... to devise a methodology for developing the model structure of a maritime plan for the Baltic Sea. The study methodology is based on current regulations on marine use and na-ture management as well as international maritime planning practices. Since marine planning is closely connected with spatial planning, the study pays special attention to their convergence in developing maritime plans. The authors stress the need for legislative efforts aimed at integrating marine planning in the current legal framework ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
Marine spatial planning has been widely applied in the leading maritime countries. However, it is not so common in Russia, since the relevant legal framework is largely absent. Spatial planning shares a number of features with marine planning, especially when it comes to the tools, principles, and methods. The differences mainly concern characteristics of the planning object; principles of delineating the borders of territories and water areas; and the authorities responsible for ...
Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning
... key stages of the process, which is regulated by the EU standards on the one hand and affected by the activity of such organisations as VASAB and HELCOM, on the other. In this article, we examine basic documents defining the principles and scope of marine planning and analyse recent research works into spatial development. We conclude that marine spatial planning is a principal tool of the EU’s integrated policy. Many European countries of the Baltic region are seeking cooperation with Russia to preserve ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... development with using the indicator methods as a multi-factor and multi-level spatial system. The proposed system is applied to a complex analysis of coastal territories of the Russian Baltic, the estimation of a socio-economic factor of coastal zone marine potential, as well as recommendations for long-term planning of the economic development of Russia’s coastal zones of the Baltic Sea and the organization of marine activities. This methodology can help to identify a role of coastal territories in the economy and reflect perspectives and directions of ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... coastal development corridors, which make an important contribution to the economic development and consolidation of the Baltic macroregion. In transnational macroregions, such typological differences must be taken into account in strategic and spatial planning at the intergovernmental level.
1. Alkhimenko, A. P. 1992, Issues of the regional organization of marine nature management and management of marine complexes. In: Alkhimenko, A. P. (ed.) Regional'naya organizatsiya i upravlenie morekhozyaistvennymi kompleksami strany, Abstracts of the Vth Conference on Geography and Oceanography, St. Petersburg, p....
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... Rossii na Dal'nem Vostoke, no. 4, p. 76—89.
28. Gogoberidze, G. G., Lednova, Yu. A. 2014, Vozmozhnosti primeneniya KUPZ i printsipov morskogo prostranstvennogo planirovaniya v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Possible applications of the principles of ICZM and marine spatial planning in the Russian Federation], Regional'naya ekologiya, no. 1—2, p. 141—144.
29. The Situation in Europe’s Coastal Zones. [Elektronnyy resurs], 2013, available at: http://europa.eu.int/comm/environment/iczm/situation.htm (accessed 20.09.2013)....
Spatial Planning in the European Union: Practices to Draw on in Russia
... methodology to consider the targets, functions, and content of spatial planning in European countries and compare them to urban planning practices in Russia. We analyse concepts and terminology used in spatial planning and related areas — territorial, marine, and underground planning. The article examines the evolution of the ideas of spatial planning in the EU. We consider the documentary framework for spatial planning from the last third of the 20th century to the present. The basic principles of spatial planning are identified ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... classification attributable to a particular class of models for the situations leading to uncertain outcomes. The authors suggest using numerical methods combined with the empirical and statistical models for the assessment of the impact of industrial fishing on marine environment, minimizing the consequences of storms, floods and others factors. Special attention is paid to the modelling of climate change and geo-ecological consequences, as well as to atlas mapping and landscape planning. As a result of the geosituational analysis the authors got new insights into the solar-terrestrial links, marine-terrestrial ecosystems, global and regional processes related to climate change, oceanization, the vulnerability of natural systems ...
The use and environmental state of the Curonian Lagoon and its coastal zones
... Водохранилища России: экологические проблемы, пути их решения. М., 1998.
30. Ehler Ch., Douvere F. Maritime Spatial Planning // Annual Report. 2006. № 13. Р. 56—59.
31. Ehler C., Zaucha J., Gee K. Maritime/Marine Spatial Planning at the Interface of Research and Practice // Maritime Spatial Planning. Basingstoke, 2019. Р. 1—21.
32. The Wetland Energy Project. Newsletter. URL:
. uni-greifswald.de/en/index.php (дата обращения: 15....
EU-Russia cooperation in the Baltic Sea marine environment protection
... Baltic Sea environment protection. The author identifies the universal and regional levels of cooperation between states in marine environment protection. Special attention is paid to the activity of the European Union in the field of the Baltic Sea ... ... [Электронный ресурс]. Доступ из справ.-правовой системы «Гарант».
5. Action Plan. Commission Staff Working Documents. SEC(2009) 712/2 / European Commission. URL: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/cooperation/baltic/ ...
On the role of Arctic cod in the nutrition of abundant bird species of the Barents Sea
.... T., Anker-Nilssen T., Gabrielsen G. W., Chapdelaine G. Food consumption by seabirds in norwegian waters // ICES Journal of Marine Science. 2002. № 59, 1 Feb. Р. 43—57.
18. Mehlum F., Gabrielsen G. W. The diet of high-arctic seabirds in coastal ... ... Seabirds in Svalbard (Norway): status, recent changes and management // Seabirds on islands threats, case studies and action plans. Ser. 1. BirdLife International. 1994. P. 155—171.
26. Белопольский Л. О. К вопросу количественного ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
....int/t/dg4/cultureheritage/heritage/landscape/Publications/PaysageDeveloppement%20_en.pdf (accessed 13.06.2014).
25. Golobiс, M., Cof, A., Guliс, A. 2006, Vulnerability, attractiveness and suitability analysis of the area of Škofja Loka municipality for production activities, Ljubljana , Urban planning institute of the RS.
26. Gundlash, E. R., Hayes, M. O. 1978 , Classification of costal environments in terms of potential vulnerability to oil spill damage, Marine Technology Society Journal, Vol.12, no. 4, p. 18-27.
27. Malczewski, J. 1999 , GIS and Multicriteria Decision Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, p. 392, available at: http://books.google.ru/books/about/GIS_and_Multicriteria_Decision_Analysis.html?id=2Zd54x4_2Z8C&redir_esc=y ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
28. Dijokienė, D. 2009. Urban Heritage of Historical Suburbs. Vilnius.
29. Bivainis, J. (et al.). 2009. Strategic planning in public institutions. Vilnius.
30. Andriušaitienė, D. 2008. Development of labour market of depressed regions of ... ... modes. Vilnius.
46. Giardino, C. (et al.). 2010. Oceanologia, № 52 (2), pp. 197—210.
47. Olenin, S. (et al.). 2010. Marine Strategy Framework Directive. Task Group 2 Report. Non-indigenous species. Luxembourg, Communities.
48. Olenin, S. (et ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Equations in Biology. Lectures on models], Moscow, MIR, 397 p.
18. Mikhajlichenko, Yu. G. 2009, Morskie resursy poberezh'ja [Coastal marine resources], Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie resursami [Public Resource Management], no. 11, pp. 26—35.
19. Mikhajlichenko,... ... modernizacii i modernizacija strategij. Doklady uchastnikov IX Obwerossijskogo Foruma liderov strategicheskogo planirovanija [Strategic planning in the regions and cities of Russia: a strategy of modernization and upgrading strategies. Reports of the IX All-Russia ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... średniookresowych INTERREG III, Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Scholar.
51. Pak, A., Majd, F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean and Coastal Management, no. 54, p. 129—136.
52. Paliepa, J. 2011, The origin of ... ... O'Higgins, T., Hasings, E. 2012, Oceans of opportunity or rough seas? What does the future hold for developments in European marine policy? Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, Vol. 370, no....
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
... northern Europe-Reconstructuring chronology of interaction between nature and 105.
9. Perttila, M., Tervo, V., Parmanne, R. 1982. Marine Pollution Bulletin,Vol. 13, Issue 11, pp. 391—393.
10. Brugmann, L., Hennings, U. 1994. Chemistry and Ecology, Vol. ... ... Programme.1993. HELCOM. Helsinki. (Balt. Sea Environ. Proc. No. 48), pp. 2—1; 3—20.
43. HELCOM (2007). 2007. Baltic Sea Action Plan. Helsinki: HELCOM, p. 10.
44. Bastrop, R., Blank, M. 2005. Biological Invasions. Vol. 8. N. 5, pp. 1195—1200.
Russia’s energy geostrategy in the Baltic Sea region
... greater energy solidarity vis-à-vis Russia, Geopolitics, Vol.16, no. 3, p. 600—625.
10. Baltic Energy Market Interconnection Plan 2009, available at: URL: http://ec.europa.eu/energy.infrastructure/bemip_en.htm (accessed 15 January 2013).
11. Ishkayskas,... ... lt/index. php?artc=4555 (accessed 9 January 2013).
12. Muzlova, G. 2012, Perspectivy morskogo eksporta nefti [Prospects of Marine Oil Exports], available at: URL: http://www. morvesti. ru/analytics/index. php?ELEMENT_ID=16641 (accessed 16 January 2013)....
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... on bachelor and master degree programmes related to environmental and social problems of the Baltic Sea region. The Polar and Marine Sciences, POMOR master programme, represents the second form of international environmental education. Russian and German ... ..., Vestnik Permskogo universiteta, no. 6, p. 46—54. (In Russ.)
4. Benavides, L. G., Arredodo, V. 1992, To a new paradigm of planning in education, Perspektivy. Voprosy obrazovaniya, Vol. 77, no. 1/2, p. 123—136. (In Russ.)
5. Bologna Declaration. European ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... European Vision for the Ocean, 2006, COM, no. 275 final, 7.6.2006.
3. Pak, A., Majd F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean & Coastal Management, no. 54, p.129—136.
4.Small, C., Nicholls, R. J. 2003, A ... ...
Lachininskii S., Semenova I.
global coastal city, St. Petersburg, Baltic region, ports, coastal region, global urban area, marine economy.
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... XI Obshherossijskij forum «Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii» [XI All-Russian Forum "Strategic Planning in Regions and Cities of Russia"], Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2012, available at: http://datis.pro/upload/838/domnina_zhuraxovskaya_gritsenko.... ... Mamaeva, M. A. 2011, Morskie portovo-promyshlennye kompleksy kak kljuchevye elementy subektov primorskih territorial'nyh uzlov [Marine port industrial complexes as key economic subjects of the seaside territorial junctures], Problemy sovremennoj ekonomiki ...