Problems of law enforcement in legal responsibility of public authorities
This article discusses certain features of the enforcement mechanism in the legal regulation of public authorities’ responsibility. The author conducts a critical analysis of the possibilities of using laws as enforcement acts of the legal responsibility of public authorities. The shortcomings of certain legal constructions associated with public enforcement measures against public authorities are identified. The article addresses the issues for improving the related legislation of the ...
The role of constitutional courts in the mechanism of public authority responsibility in Russian regions
This article focuses on the powers of regional constitutional courts relating to the legal responsibility of regional officials and public authorities in the Russian Federation. The author analyses possible participation of constitutional courts in providing a mechanism for legal responsibility of public authorities in regions of the Russian ...
The legitimation and criticism of violence in international law. A po¬litical science perspective
... However, the UN Charter provides for the right to self-defence before the collective resolution is adopted. Despite rather strict legal restrictions and international court procedures, cases of abuse of this right occur on a frightening scale. A considerable ... ... since exceptions come hand in hand with rules. This article considers the advantages and disadvantages of the concept of “responsibility to protect”, which proves to be dominant today. The author also poses the question about the transition to a ...
The subjects of legal monitoring of Justice of the Peace
... feature (property) of the subject of law, represents the exercise of subjective rights by his will and in his interest in accordance with legal norms, criteria for the lawfulness of the implementation of actions, restrictions. Manifestations of positive legal responsibility should be sought not in specific legal norms, but in the legislatively established valuation categories. Evaluation categories act as a measure of discretion in the exercise of subjective rights, when the dispute is resolved by the law ...
Kistyakovsky on the nature of law
... and behavior. However, law is also a fact of social life. In effect, law is exercised through legal relations and, therefore, an important role is played by the understanding of subjective law. Legal relations are realized through personal rights and legal responsibilities; they are concrete, singular, and individual.
1. Белов В. Н. Проблема рационального и иррационального в русском неокантианстве // Духовный континент русской ...
On the Responsibility of the Ideas of Legal Positivism for Doctrinal Support for National Socialism in Germany
In this article, I analyse a concept proposed within German legal science, namely that of the responsibility of legal positivism for promoting National Socialism in the 20th century. An analysis of relevant works by German and Russian legal scholars has shown that the concept rests on false premises and the ideas of positivism had no influence on the criminal National ...
Формы реализации свободы личности через юридическую ответственность в информационно-техногенном обществе
... последствия, связанные с отчуждением личности от свободы и ответственности.
This article analyses the forms of realization of personal freedom and the mechanism of its embodiment through legal responsibility. The author pays attention to the trends relating to the penetration of the Internet into all spheres of public life, which has not only positive, but also negative consequences connected with the alienation of personality from freedom ...
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
... over yet: problems and challenges associated with it persist. One of them is the lack of a common approach among member states to the implementation of the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum. This work aims to consider the legal and political aspects of the implementation of the principle of solidarity and fair sharing of responsibility in the area of immigration and asylum. This study relies on the works of Russian and international experts in European integration and European law and on the analysis of EU regulations. There are two dimensions to the implementation of ...
The EU Vs. Russia: Legal Nature and Implementation of the Union’s Restrictive Measures
... Sevastopol, and anti-Russian economic sanctions. He concludes that the EU sanctions against Russia are inconsistent with the legal nature of restrictive measures, since they are a punishment rather than a policy tool. The author believes that in the current ... ...
5. Council Decision 2014/386/CFSP of 23 June 2014 concerning restrictions on goods originating in Crimea or Sevastopol, in response to the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol, 2014, OJ, L 183, 24.06.2014, p. 70—71.
6. Council Regulation (EU) ...
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
... of the International Conference dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Department of Criminal Procedure, Criminalistics and Legal Informatics, Kaliningrad, p. 10—17. (in Russ.)
28. Kurapka, V., Malewski, H., Matulienė, S., Bilevičiūtė, E. 2017,... ...
Volchetskaya Т. S., Malevski H. М., Rener N. A.
amber industry, development strategy, amber trafficking, administrative responsibility, criminalist counteraction
Duty and Coercion in Kant’s Republican Cosmopolitanism
... Hruschka, J. 2010, Kant’s Doctrine of Right. A Commentary, Cambridge.
5. Flikschuh, K. 2007, Duty, Nature, Right: Kant’s Response to Mendelssohn in Theory and Practice III, in: Journal of Moral Philosophy 4/2, pp. 223—241.
6. Flikschuh, K. 2010,... ... 469—493.
7. Flikschuh, K. 2011, On the Cogency of Human Rights, in: Jurisprudence 2011, 2/1, pp. 17—36.
8. Hirsch, J.-A. 2012, Legalization of International Politics: On the (Im)Possibility of a Constitutionalization ot International Law from a Kantian ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... politiko-pravovogo sblizhenija [European Union as a normative power and problems of perception in Russia as an obstacle for political and legal convergence], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta, Ser. 6, no. 1, p. 52–66.
4. Yudin, N. V. 2013, Zhestkij vzgljad ... ... systemic approach to “soft power”]. International Trends, Vol. 13, no. 2, p.96–105.
6. Mayer, H., Vogt, H. (eds.), 2006, A Responsible Europe? Ethical Foundations of EU External Affairs, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan.
7. Aggestam, L. 2008, Introduction: ...
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
... unify both areas of law. Such unification will not only facilitate legal relations within the European Union but also enhance legal relations with third countries.
1. Convention on Jurisdiction and the Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial ... ... May 2000 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and in matters of parental responsibility for children of both, 2000, OJ L, no160, p. 19.
11. Council Regulation (EC) No 1348/2000 of 29 May 2000 on the ...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... historical overview of cooperation in this area and consider problems and prospects of visa liberalization from the economic, legal, and political perspectives. The analysis draws on primary sources such as the EU and Russia’s legislation, EU — Russia ... ... century: the test], Moscow, Ves’ mir.
6. Golunov, S. 2013, EU-Russian Border Security: Challenges, (Mis)perceptions and Responses, Routledge, London and New York.
7. Soobshhenie press-sluzhby prezidenta RF ot 27.08.2002 g. o poslanijah Prezidenta ...
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... Department of Geography, Occasional Paper, no. 28.
2. Budzyte, A.; Balzekiene, A. 2018, Public perceptions of institutional responsibility in climate change risk in Baltic Nordic countries, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, vol. 7, no. 4,... .... 2007, Culture and identity-protective cognition: explaining the white-male effect in risk perception, Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, vol. 4, no. 3, p. 465—505.
40. Kahan, D. M., Braman, D., Slovic, P., Gastil, J., Cohen, G. 2009, Cultural cognition ...
Management of Trans-boundary Water Resources: Comparing Russian and American Experiences
... Commission in North America. Though the Russian-Estonian Commission is more efficient in water quality improvement in its area of responsibility, it is early still to claim that intergovernmental cooperation is more effective than transnational cooperation.... ... Instruments and Governance, Albany, State University of New York Press.
6. Keohane, R. O., Moravcsik, A., Slaughter, A. M. 2000, Legalized Dispute Resolution: Interstate and Transnational, International Organization, Vol. 54, no. 3: Legalization and World ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... planning has been widely applied in the leading maritime countries. However, it is not so common in Russia, since the relevant legal framework is largely absent. Spatial planning shares a number of features with marine planning, especially when it comes ... ... characteristics of the planning object; principles of delineating the borders of territories and water areas; and the authorities responsible for regulation. The use of marine space, its parts, and sea (water) is covered by a number of laws of the Russian ...
International organizations as a subject of international disaster
... Седьмой науч.-практ. конф. М., 2002. С. 16—20.
19. ASEAN Agreement on disaster management and emergency response 2005 y. URL:
response-vientiane/ (дата ... ...
(дата обращения: 08.09.2013).
21. Mosler H. The International Society as a legal Community. Alphen aan den Rijn, 1980.
State and law Lisauskaite V. V.
international disaster relief organizations,...
Consumer right as a socioeconomic and legal category
This article considers the right of consumers to knowledge regarding their rights and their protection and information about goods (works, services) and their quality, requirements for such information, and responsibility for the violation of these requirements both at the legislative and judicial levels.
прав потребителей [Электронный ресурс]: закон РФ от 07.02.1992 г. №
Reception of Cohen’s ethics in Russia
... ethics, Russian theorists of law focused on the correlation between law and morals. In this connection, the central issue was the legal orientation of the Marburg philosopher’s ethics.The main drawback of H. Cohen’s constructions emphasized by a proponent ... ... monotheism).Only jurisprudence, another follower of Cohen, Sergey Rubinstein argues, considers a human being as a holder of rights and responsibilities rather than a being affected by emotions and passion as from the psychological perspective or that guided by ...
Kantian Approaches to Human Reproduction: Both Favourable and Unfavourable
... Intelligence of Apes and Other Rational Beings. New Haven: Yale University Press.
Scheffler, S., 2011. Introduction. In: D. Parfit, 2011. On What Matters. Volume 1. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. XIX-XXXII.
Shiffrin, S., 1999. Wrongful Life, Procreative Responsibility, and the Significance of Harm. Legal Theory, 5(2), pp. 117-148.
Singer, P. and Cavalieri, P., eds. 1993. The Great Ape Project: Equality Beyond Humanity. London: Fourth Estate.
Weinberg, R., 2016. The Risk of a Lifetime: How, When, and Why Procreation May Be Permissible. Oxford: Oxford ...
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
This article focuses on the dialogue between the Russian Federation and the European Union based on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia “common spaces” — on the economy, freedom,... ... rian. ru/analysis/20120227/171547818.html (accessed 11 March 2012).
3. Baere De, G. 2012, Some Reflections on the EU and the Responsibility to Protect, Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies, Leuven University, working paper no. 79, January.
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... Treaties Promote Foreign Direct Investment? In: Hartigan, J. (ed.) Handbook of International Trade, Volume II: Economic and Legal Analysis of Laws and Institutions, p. 526—546.
5. Davies, R. B., Ionascu, D., Kristjánsdóttir, H. 2008, Estimating the ... ..., Kleven, H. J., Kreiner, C. T. Verdelin, N. 2011, Optimal tax and transfer programs for couples with extensive labor supply responses, Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 95, no. 11—12, p. 1485—1500.
15. Helpman, E. 1984, A simple theory of international ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... powers tend to create ‘coalitions within coalitions’, essentially acting as free riders and transferring costs and political responsibility for decision-making to larger players. Such an asymmetric strategy makes it possible for small powers to advance ... ... Baltic State Membership in the European Union: Developing a Common Asylum and Immigration Policy, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Vol. 5, no. 1, Article 15, p. 317—340, available at: