Cultural and landscape zoning in the North- West Russia
... regions. This article sets out to develop and test the methodology for historical and cultural zoning at the mesogeographical level. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the identification of the features of formation of cultural landscapes in the North-West Russia, which can be used for the development of schemes of protection and rational management of territorial cultural and historical heritage. The authors rely on historical and cultural zoning as the basic geographical method of research on cultural landscapes. To this effect, the article ...
Сultural landscapes and socio-economic conditioning of modern landscape development
... the cultural landscapes of a particular territory, because, depending on their development trend, cultural landscapes can remain stable or completely disappear. A technique is proposed for determining the degree of socio-economic background of modern landscape development. The latter defines the landscape development trend, whether it comes to their stability or disappearance.
1. Андреев А. А. Культурно-ландшафтное районирование территории Псковской ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
This article considers the development of cultural landscapes on the agricultural periphery of the Kaliningrad region. These territories are analysed in view of historical, geographical, social, economic, and political factors. Owing to its history, the Kaliningrad region boasts a unique combination of ...
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
... addresses methodology of modern landscape studies from the perspective of natural and man-made components of a territory. Railway infrastructure is not only an important system-building element of economic and settlement patterns; it also affects cultural landscapes. The study of cartographic materials and historiography made it possible to identify the main stages of the development of the Kaliningrad railway network in terms of its territorial scope and to describe causes of the observed changes. Historically, changes in the political, economic, and military environment were key factors behind the development of the ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... sostoyaniya prirodnykh kompleksov Kurshskoy i Vislinskoy kos [Geoecological assessment of the state of natural complexes of the Curonian and Vistula Spit], Candidate thes., Kaliningrad , Russiam State Immanuel Kant University, 197 p.
24. Council of Europe Landscape and sustainable development: challenges of the European Landscape Convention, 2006, Council of Europe Publishing, Strasbourg, available at: http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/cultureheritage/heritage/landscape/Publications/PaysageDeveloppement%20_en.pdf (accessed 13.06.2014). ...
The landscape approach to nature management in South-East Baltic
... М., Корнеевец В. С. Калининградская область. URL:
(дата обращения: 15.04.2016).
Lazareva N. N.
landscape approach, optimisation of nature management, territorial development, landscape planning of Kaliningrad region
On the role of landscape and geographical factors in the optimisation of regional nature management
This article analyses earlier works, which provide the basis for addressing the problem of the optimisation of regional nature management in the conditions of the Kaliningrad region. The author reviews the current state of landscapes and their development and emphasises the significance of landscape and geographical factors for efficient and environmentally friendly development.
Д., Козлович И.
Ландшафты // Калининградская ...
The current condition of Kaliningrad landscape environment (methodology and basic results)
An original methodology for studying cultural landscapes and regenerative successions on territories of different genesis is used as a basis for a map of the current conditions of the landscapes of the Kaliningrad region. The authors come to a conclusion that shrinking socioeconomic space leads to an increase in the area of territories developing according to the natural scenario and exhibiting positive dynamics of regenerative succession.
1. Важенин И. Г., Белякова В. И. Агрохимическая характеристика почв // Агрохимические ...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... Korolevskaya Gora and Its Surroundings/The Heart of the City. Further, they come up with recommendations on using the most interesting proposals of the contestants from the perspective of tourist attractiveness and identify the possibilities for the development of new architectural landscapes.
1. Analiticheskaja zapiska po itogam vyborochnogo obsledovanija naselenija Kaliningradskoj oblasti s cel'ju monitoringa sostojanija turistskoj otrasli [Analytical Report on the results of a sample survey of the population of the Kaliningrad ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... impact of motor transport on the air basin of the cities of the Central Black Earth], Voronezh, 207 p. (In Russ.)
31. Yamashkin, A. A. 2001, Geoehkologicheskij analiz hozyajstvennogo osvoeniya landshaftov Mordovii [Geoecological analysis of economic development of landscapes of Mordovia], Saransk, 232 p. (In Russ.)
32. Burden, F. R., Donnert, D., Godish, T., McKelvie, I. 2004. Environmental monitoring handbook, McGraw-Hill Companies, 39 p.
33. GIS for Green Government, 2009, Providing Sustainable Solutions — ...
Development factors and regularities of the territorial structure of nature management
... M. Abandonment and Expansion of Arable Land in Europe // Ecosystems. 2011. Vol. 14, iss. 5. Р. 720—731. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.04.2018).
23. Mander U., Kuuba R. Changing landscapes in Northeastern Europe based on examples from the Baltic countries // The New Demensions of the Europe Landscapes / ed. by R.H.G. Jongman. 2013. Р. 123—135. URL: edepot.wur.nl/119323 (дата обращения: 01.04.2018).
24. Mottet ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
.... Salvati, L. 2014, Looking at the Future of the Mediterranean Urban Regions: Demographic Trends and Socioeconomic Implications, Romanian journal of regional science, Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 74—83.
47. Salvati, L., Forino, G. 2014, A ‘laboratory’ of landscape degradation: social and economic implications for sustainable development in peri-urban areas, Innovation and Sustainable Development, Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 232—249.
48. Salvati, L., Zitti, M. 2007, Territorial disparities, natural resource distribution, and land degradation: a case study in southern Europe, Geojournal,...
The conflicts of woodland management and the methods of these conflicts resolution in the Kaliningrad Region
The article examines the conflict situations, caused by the anthropogenic transformation of forest landscapes in some areas of the Kaliningrad region. The ways of timber exploitation optimization, including the possibilities of the development of forest bee-keeping are examined.
о состоянии и об охране окружающей среды Калининградской области в 2003 году. Калининград: Янтар. сказ,...
Coastal and recreation landscape of Kaliningrad: modern potential and prospects for spatial development
The authors have conducted a comprehensive assessment of Kaliningrad suburban areas and identified the coastal landscape and recreation area within the ring road impact. Comprehensive analysis resulted in the typology of internal areas considering how favorable they can be for further recreation and tourism development. The article brings about certain ideas for the further use of Kaliningrad seaside suburbian recreational spaces in the frames of sustainable developmenthave.
1. Белоусов В. Н. Градостроительство. Справочник ...
The comparative characteristics of Blackbird nest materials from natural and anthropogenic landscapes of the Kaliningrad region
This paper offers a comparative characteristic of the blackbird nest materials of natural (n = 35) and antropogenic (n = 35) landscapes of the Kaliningrad region. The study did not reveal any considerable differences in the nest material composition in ... .... Kelcey, G. Reinwald. St. Katharinen, 2005. P. 17—40.
Synurbization adaptation of animal wildlife to urban development // Proceedings of the 4th Int. Symp / eds. W.
W. Shaw, L.
Arizona, 2004. P. 50—55.
Eurasian Future of Russia: Alternating Integration and Disintegration Cycles
Russia needs to fit into the international geopolitical and geo-economic landscape. The formation of this landscape is largely determined by alternating integration and disintegration cycles in the development of the world economy. The second global disintegration cycle that started in 2008 is expected to last 15—20 years. It will be followed by a new integration cycle, largely dependent on China (Pax Sinensis instead of Pax Americana). This change ...
Transformation of developed lands and geoecological potential of nature resource management
... (hydrocarbons, production and consumption wastes). Assessment of the geo-ecological potential of the North-Eastern Caucasus regions on bioclimatic, geo-energetic, recreational and medico-ecological criteria has revealed a significant differentiation in landscape areas. The prospects for agrarian wildlife management in steppe, forest-steppe and mountain-forest zones are favorable. Steppe regions are most likely to develop alternative energy while mountain-forest and mountain-meadow zones are optimal for recreational purposes.
1. Абаев А. А., Адиньяев Э. Д., Шорин П. М. Деградационные процессы горных территорий ...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... Belov V. N. 2012, Russkoje neokantianstwo: istorija i osobiennosti razvitija [Russian neo-Kantianism: history and features of development] // Kantovskij sbornik [Kants Collection]. № 1, p. 27—39.
2. Valickij А. 1994, Posleslovije k publikacii «ziznieopisanija» ... ... № 4, p. 122—125.
14. Shchukin V. G. 2009, Jewropejskije lanshafty i cyvilizacija bolshoj ravniny (F. А. Stepun) [European landscapes and high plains of civilization (F. A. Stepun)] // Rossija: voobrazenije prostranstva/prostranstvo i voobrazenija / ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
At the present stage of social development in Europe and Russia, studies analyzing and evaluating ethnic and national borders are of increasing relevance. Over ... ... at the CEEISA/RISA/NISA Convention, Moscow, Russia, June 22, 2002.
13. Julian V. Minghi. From conflict to harmony in border landscapes // The Geography of Border Landscapes / ed. by Dennis Rumley and Julian V. Minghi. London & New York, 1991.
14. Эмерсон ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... and Quiet oceans, Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 7, p.142—154. (In Russ.)
3. Dedkov, V. P., Fedorov, G. M. 2006, Prostranstvennoe, territorial'noe i landshaftnoe planirovanie v Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Spatial, territorial and landscape planning in the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, 184 p. (In Russ.)
4. Zhindarev, L. A., Badyukova, E. N., Loukianov, S. A., Solovyova, G. D. 2008, The development of barrier-lagoon Southeast Baltic systems, Oceanology, Vol. 48, no.4, p. 641—647. (In Russ.)
5. Zhindarev, L. A., Ryabkova, O. I., Sivkov, V. V. 2012, Geology and geomorphology of sea coast, Neft' i okruzhayuschaya sreda Kaliningradskoj ...
New data on air and soil temperature in vegetation communities of the Karakum Desert
... the aeration zone. The author comes to the conclusion that the soil temperature in the Karakum desert is favourable for the development of tree and shrubbery species.
1. Гунин П. Д., Дарымов В. Я., Вейисов С. Ландшафтная ... ... растительности // Вестник ЛГУ. Сер. геол. и геогр. 1965. Вып. 4, № 24. С. 89—98.
Dedkov V. P.
landscape, vegetation community, air and soil temperature.
Biological and social needs in the system of urban-ecological attitudes
... Тахо-Годи А.
Платон. Аристотель. М., 1993.
Архитектурная утопия. Природа и человек. Свет. 2000. №
Dremova Ye. A.
urboecosystem, cultural landscapes, sustainable development, human needs.
Territorial structure of the denominational space of the South-East Baltic
The South-East Baltic is a meeting place of three branches of Christianity: Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Lutheranism. Dominant in the Baltic region, these religious confessions define the cultural landscape of the area. At the same time, they have an indirect effect on socio-economic development. In this study, we aim to identify the main components of the territorial structure and the formation and transformation factors of the denominational space in the South-East Baltic. The complexity of the denominational structure of the local ...
When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy
... the properties of clusters corresponding to each class and demonstrate their role in the geographical and functional fragmentation of production, in the integration of local exporters into global value chains, and in bridging communication gaps and developing collaboration among economic agents. We show that clusters occupy a central place among various types of business networks and have a comparative edge making them key building blocks of the modern industrial landscape. Further, we explain how the innovation capacity of clusters is affected by network synergy effects arising from the triple-helix pattern of collaboration among their participants. Finally, we draw conclusions regarding national cluster supporting ...
The urban development in East Prussia in the interwar period
... in East Prussia after World War I. In a difficult economic situation, the system of restoration works was clearly structured. In the interbellum, the public development policy for the province was formulated in accordance with the contemporary urban development requirements and was based on a combination of old and new architecture, the expansion of residential areas, and creation of a comfortable environment with the help of landscape gardening.
1. Аушпитцер Х. Кёнигсберг с градостроительной точки зрения / М. Дворкин ; пер. ст.: Königsberg in städtebaulicher Hinsicht von Schriftleiter H. Auspitzer. Berlin, 1926 ...
The lichen flora of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University’s Botanical Garden
... biomorphological analyses of the lichens found in the Botanical Garden were conducted
Гармонизация ландшафтного развития: формирование туристских объектов окружающей среды. Harmonising development of landscape: formation of tourism objects environment implanting new plants: European Union, Российский государственный университет им. И. Канта, Клайпедский университет, Neighbourhood programme....
The major stages in wild vegetation development in the Neman deltaic landscape in the Holocene
The article provides new data on the development pattern of the Bolshoye Mokhovoye swamp (Grosses Moosbruch) which is the largest swamp in the Kaliningrad Region located in the southern part of the Neman Delta area. The authors consider peat bed structure, botanical composition of peat, ...
The preadaptive abilities of birds to inhabit urban environments
Anthropogenic environment, affecting various aspects of birds’ lives, triggers adaptive reactions to changeable conditions. These reactions develop on the basis of preadaptations that create prerequisites for new adaptations. The species that have adaptive abilities can adjust to urban environments. Anthropogenic landscapes are mainly inhabited by species with considerable
ecological flexibility, which ensures adaptations to new and changing conditions. Birds preserve their adaptive potential and, under certain conditions, are able to demonstrate latent adaptive ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... Region], Kaliningrad.
25. Fedorov, G. M., Mikhailov, A. S., Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2017, The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 4—18. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2017-2-1.... ... I., Lavalle, C. et al. 2006, Are Europeancities Becousing Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol.77, no. 1—2, p. 111—130.
33. Kosinski, L. 1967, Geografia ludnosc,. Warszawa, p. 280.
Land Use Policy and Land Management in Estonia
... 23.10.2008, available at:
riigiteataja.ee/akt/13058153 (accessed 10.05.2015).
12. van Vliet, J., de Groot, H. L. F., Rietveld, P., Verburg, P. H. 2015, Manifestations and underlying drivers of agricultural land use change in Europe, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 133, p. 24—36. DOI: 10.1016/j. landurbplan.2014.09.001.
13.Garmanov, V. V., Badenko, V. L., Trutnikov, V. E. 2013, Assessment of the rent of land in the land development projects, Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten' (nauchno-tekhnicheskii zhurnal) [Mining information and analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal)], no. 8, p. 225—231. (In Russ.)
14. Mezenina, O. B., Lantanova, A....
The Swedish model of spatial planning: Functions, problems, and solutions
... проблемы, решения : cб. ст. / под ред. А. И. Чистобаева. СПб., 2009.
12. Promoting Spatial Development by Creating COMmon MINdscapes. II. Planning System of Sweden. URL: http://commin.org/upload/Sweden/SE_Planning_System_in_English.... ... ред. А. В. Кузнецов. М., 2009.
17. Busck A., Hidding M., Kristensen S., Persson C., Præstholm S. Managing rurban landscapes in the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden; comparative planning systems and instruments in three different contexts. 2008....
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... constituent entities and municipal districts. The result is a combination of measures aimed simultaneously at solving defence problems, delivering economic security, and supporting trans-border cooperation. The Baltic macroregion has vast experience in developing joint Russia-EU programmes. This experience of coordinating activities in the economic and sociocultural spheres, as well as international spatial planning innovations (German landscape planning, etc.), can be adopted in Russia.
1. Бакланов П. Я., Ганзей С. С. Трансграничные территории: проблемы устойчивого природопользования. Владивосток,...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... assessment of changes in the socio-economic relations between Russia and European countries and identify key problems in the development of cross-border cooperation in tourism. These problems relate to both macroeconomic and regional/industrial factors.... ... administrations of border areas of Russia and European countries, and representatives of the tourism business.
1. Brym, M. 2013, Border Landscapes on the EU Periphery: Examples of Integration and Division Polish and Ukrainian Cities, Focus on Geography, V. 56, no....
Territorial-political and regional geopolitical systems: correlation of concepts
... geopolitical system. The research results can be applied in the study of geopolitical regions and geopolitical systems. The article develops a methodology for regional geopolitical and political geographical studies. The author wishes to thank his colleagues ... ... Perm State University, p.103—107.
4. Isachenko, A. G. 2008. Landshaftnaja struktura Zemli, rasselenie, prirodopolzovanie [Landscape structure of the Earth, moving, nature], St. Petersburg, St.Petersburg University Press.
5. Kaledin, N. V. 1996. Politicheskaja ...
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... centuries], Pskov regionologichesky Journal, no. 15, p. 154—159.
14. Potahin, S. B. 2008, Tradicionnoe prirodopol'zovanie v vostochnoj Fennoskandii: istoriko-landshaftnye faktory razvitija [Traditional land in eastern Fennoscandia: historical and landscape development factors], thesis abstract, Saint Petersburg, 46 p.
15. Pimenov, V. V. (ed.), 1989, Problemy istorii i kul'tury vepsskoj narodnosti [Problems of the history and culture of peoples Veppsian], Petrozavodsk, 171 p.
16. Jetnograficheskaja karta ...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
4. Berest, А. А. 2010, Katenarnyj paragenezis v landshaftovedenii: problemy issledovanija [Catenary paragenesis in landscape: the research problem], Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Serija Estestvennye i tehnicheskie nauki [Vestnik Tambov University.... .... 1990, Centr i periferija: stadial'nye koncepcii regional'nogo razvitija [Centre and Periphery: stadial concept of regional development], Izvestija AN SSSR. Serija. Geografija [Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Series Geography], no....
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Sagris, V., Brezger, A. 2006, Are European Cities Becoming Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 77, no. 1—2, p. 111—130.
2. Salvati, L. 2014, Looking at the future of the mediterranean ... ... Vallega, A. 1998, Agenda 21 of ocean geography. In: Vallega, A. et al. (eds.) Geography, oceans and coasts towards sustainable development, p. 17—116.
6. Berardo, C. 1999, Spatial dynamics of Mediterranean coastal regions, Journal of Coastal Conservation,...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... of international environmental education. Russian and German researchers from six universities and four research centres have developed the programme. The target group of the programme are Russian and international students, studying together during the ... ... education standards. The same cooperation model is used in a new international master programme — Cold Regions Environmental Landscapes Integrated Science (CORELIS). The programme started in 2016. It is implemented jointly by Hamburg university (the lead ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'no-jekonomicheskogo prostranstva: novoe v teorii regional'nogo razvitija i praktike ego gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija [Compression of the socio-economic area: a new theory of regional development and its practice of state regulation], Moscow, p. 153—167.
4. Ioffe, G., Nefedova, Т. 2000, Kvazitjunenovskij landshaft v regionah Rossii [Kvazityunenovsky landscape in the regions of Russia]. In: Rossijskie regiony i centr: vzaimodejstvie v jekonomicheskom prostranstve [Russian regions and the center: cooperation in the economic area], Moscow, IGRANMARS.
5. Castells, M. 2000, Informacionnaja jepoha: jekonomika,...
Discursive practices of the Russian diaspora in Estonia: language contacts
... diaspora: language selfidentification. In: Kul'turnyi landshaft Pogranich'ya: proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee [The cultural landscape of the Borderlands: past, present, future]. Pskov, pp. 115-121 (in Russ.).
Külmoja, I., 2000. Specific features of ... ... Language: Problems and Perspectives]. Tartu, pp. 84-93 (in Russ.).
Külmoja, I., 2009. Speech of the Russian Diaspora in Estonia: Development Trends. In: Humaniora: LinguaRussica. Trudy po russkoi i slavyanskoi filologii. Lingvistika. XII. Aktivnye protsessy ...
New classes of exact solutions and consistent models of cosmological evolution
A method for construction of exact cosmological solutions of Einstein equations is developed. The method is based on representation of these equations as a second-order linear differential equation. Particularly,... ... Conjecture and the Higgs Potential // Phys. Rev. D. 2018. Vol. 98. 086004.
32. Akrami Y., Kallosh R., Linde A., Vardanyan V. The Landscape, the Swampland and the Era of Precision Cosmology // Fortsch. Phys. 2018. Vol. 66. 1800075.
33. Cicoli M., De Alwis ...
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
... history movement in America. Special attention is paid to analysing ideas and approaches dominant at different stages of its development and identifying factors behind changes in major trends. It is shown that pubic history has undergone significant transformations ... ... and Urban History // Journal of Architectural Education. 1988. Vol. 41. P. 45—51.
21. Hayden D. The Power of Place: Urban Landscapes as Public History. Cambridge (MA), 1995.
22. Hurley A. Beyond preservation — using public history to revitalize inner ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
..., Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 67, no. 1. p. 78—89.
32. Barnes, T. J., Hayter, R. 1994, Economic Restructuring, Local Development and Resource Towns: Forest Communities in Coastal British Columbia, The Canadian Journal of Regional Science, Vol.... ... press, Toronto, Oxford publishing house, 346 p.
34. Dinius, O. J., Vergara, A. (eds.), 2011, Company Towns in the Americas: landscape, power, and working-class communities, Athens, Ga. [u. a.], Univ. of Georgia Press, XIV, 241 p.
35. Dale, B. 2002. ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Science Quarterly. 1998. № 43. P. 781—814.
27. Hakansson H., Johanson J. Industrial functions of business relationships, in Sharma D. D. (eds.) Advances in Industrial Marketing. Vol. 5 : Greenwich: JAI Press, 1993.
28. Hakansson H., Snehota I. Developing Relationships in Business Networks.Boston : International Thomson Press, 1995.
29. Harrigan K. R. Managing for Joint Ventures Success. Lexington : Lexington Books, 1986.
30. Harrison B. Lean and mean: the changing landscape of corporate power in the age of flexibility. Cambridge : Harvard University Press, 1994.
31. Hergert M., Morris D. Trends in Intemational ColIaborative Agree ments. ln Contractor and Lorange. 1988. P. 99—109.
32. Iacobucci D., Hopkins ...
On combining translator training with foreign language teaching
Contemporary methodological landscape in translator training (TT) is dominated by the competence-based principles whose epistemological roots are found in ... ... aspect of TT, the paper proposes combining training methods that serve the purposes of both TT and FLT. TT practices aimed at developing linguistic and translational competences simultaneously are subdivided into analytical and reinforcement training techniques,...