Land Use Policy and Land Management in Estonia
This article studies the effect of land reform on the development of current land policy and land management efficiency. The authors present a review of materials focusing on the new land policy, land management and land use system at a new stage of Estonian development. This policy has led to the adoption of a new reform aimed at the municipalisation, privatisation, and denationalisation of real estate. The article describes mechanisms of the Romano-Germanic land management ...
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
... M., Batterbury, S. P.,... Huber-Sannwald, E. 2007, Global desertification: building a science for dryland development, Science, no. 316 (5826), p. 847—851.
14. Bai, Z. G., Dent, D. L., Olsson, L., Schaepman, M. E. 2008, Proxy global assessment of land degradation, Soil use and management, Vol. 24, no. 3, p. 223—234.
15. Le, Q. B., Nkonya, E., Mirzabaev, A. 2016, Biomass productivity-based mapping of global land degradation hotspots. In: Economics of Land Degradation and Improvement — A Global Assessment for Sustainable ...
Problems pertaining to civil transactions with common-use land plots
This article analyses such problems of the legal regulation of civil transactions with common use land plots as the legality of land lease, methods of maintaining the legal status of the land, and informing land owners, land users and other economic entities about the establishment of the legal status.
кодекс Российской ...
Trends in agrarian land use and the nutrient balance values ensuring an increase in land fertility
This article analyses major trends in agricultural land use in the Kaliningrad region (the proportions of fallow land, tilled crops, grassland). The author suggests a methodology for calculating soil nutrient balance tested on a farm.
1. Вовлечение в сельскохозяйственное производство ...
On the possibility to adopt the historical practice of applying technologies for land fertility increase in Eastern Prussia at agricultural enterprises of the Kaliningrad region
This article considers the features of East Prussian land use system, whose crucial component was technologies for land fertility increase. A special package of measures in the framework of melioration and irrigation activities accounted for the high productivity of agriculture in this territory despite the ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
The agricultural land dynamics is one of the central issues of land use in Europe and Russia. Each historical period is characterized by its own model of agricultural land use. The analysis of its dynamics in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries was based on the following parameters: the area of cultivated ...
Peasant’s personal land ownership during Stolypin’s reforms: Myths and reality
... of general civil and peasant legislation, the author emphasises the differences between personal ownership, which replaced the family ownership of a peasant homestead, from private ownership. They related to maintaining a special status of allotment lands and the limitations on the rights of use, ownership and disposition.
1. Анфимов А. М. Тень Столыпина над Россией // История СССР. 1991. № 4.
2. Забоенкова А. С. Правовые аспекты разрушения общины в ...
Development factors and regularities of the territorial structure of nature management
... management. The territorial structure of agriculture in the regions and the factors of its evolution are considered on the example of two historical periods (1975—80 and 2016—17). In the Pskov region, the continued decline in the area of cultivated land, the transition from focal to small-scale and dispersed types of nature use was noted. In the Kaliningrad region there is a repeated expansion of agricultural lands, the territorial structure corresponds to a large-scale type. The common pattern for both regions is the decrease in the sizes of the areals and their fragmentation....
The characteristic of the vegetative land cover of the Kaliningrad peninsula ecosystems
This article offers an ecological analysis of natural ecosystems used in the monitoring of the microflora of soil lands. The authors characterize the soilvegetation cover of the ecosystems of the Kaliningrad Peninsula. The difference in the species composition of phytocenoses and their environmental conditions is identified.
1. Дедков В. П., Куркина ...
The evolution of agricultural nature management models in the Baltic States and the Kaliningrad region in 1890—2016
... recultivation across Europe using MODUS NDVI time series. Remote Sensing of Environment. Vol. 163. URL:
(дата обращения: 20.04.2017).
26. Feranec J., Soukup T., Taff G. N. et al. Overview of Changes in Land Use and Land Cover in Eastern Europe // Land-Cover and Land-Use Changes in Eastern Europe after the Collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. URL:
. com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-42638-9_2 (дата обращения: 28.04.2017)....
Modern landscapes of the Kaliningrad region as a reflection of land us
This article examines the current areal territorial habitats and their de-pendence on the land use system. The author presents cases of transformations and restoration successions of agricultural and forestry landscapes. The mosaic nature of the current genetically determined landscape structure of the Kaliningrad region is explained by a large ...
Urban planning of Russian urban districts: Practices, problems, solutions
... which determine planning decisions, urban environment zoning, and the development and confiscation of infrastructure. The authors consider methodological approaches and the ways to solve the problem of territory deficiency: artificial accretion areas (land reclamation, drainage, underwater construction) and the use of satellite town resources. The article emphasizes the necessity for the demarcation of suburban areas and their management. It is concluded that there is a need for the joint development of localities comprising urban agglomerations, as well as ...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
... Active tourism, Service and Tourism: Current Challenges, vol. 14, no. 2, p. 50—63. doi: 10.24411/1995-0411-2020-10205.
5. Bodesmo, M., Pacicco, L., Romano B., Ranfa, A. 2011, The role of environmental and socio-demographic indicators in the analysis of land use changes in a protected area of the Natura 2000 Network: the case study of Lake Trasimeno, Umbria, Central Italy, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 184. doi:10.1007/s10661-011-2004-z.
6. Brown, D. L., Schafft, K. A. 2011, Rural People and Communities ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
... boasts a unique combination of cultural landscape elements. Thus, the genesis and development conditions of the region’s cultural landscape are important aspects for the identification of its components — settlement pattern, settlement hierarchy, land use type, transport system, economic ties, etc. It is well known that the key role in the formation of a cultural landscape is played by the level of socioeconomic relations, which affects the landscape type and composition. Historiography and the study ...
History of creation, modern ecological condition, landscape structure of M. Ashmann park in Kaliningrad
.... The M. Ashman’s landscape park is located in densely populated new districts of Selma and Severnaya Gora and is actively used by the townspeople for recreation. However, its environmental conditions do not meet the standards. The park is a 100-year ... ... to evaluate the efficiency of drainage systems reconstruction. Completed work produced the recommendations on correcting the land reclamation works and the park improvement plan.
1. Анциферова О. А., Мурачева Л. С. К характеристике ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... morju i vozduhu, dopolnjajushhij Konvenciju Organizacii Obedinennyh Nacij protiv transnacional'noj organizovannoj prestupnosti, prinjat rezoljuciej 55/25 General'noj Assamblei ot 15 nojabrja 2000 goda [The Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, adopted by General Assembly resolution 55/25 of 15 November 2000], 2000, available at: http://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/conventions/protocol2....
Nutrient Fluxes from the Pregolya Catchment Area into the Vistula Lagoon
... area into the Vistula Lagoon, which is composed by both point source emissions and diffuse load. The author applies the model of nutrient flux from the Pregolya River catchment area based on FyrisNP Version 3.1, which takes into account the catchment land use, nutrient runoff from point sources and lands of different types, stream characteristics, and precipitation.
атлас Калининградской области / гл. ред. В.
В. Орленок. Калининград,...
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region and offers methodology for it. The author outlines types of the information required: genetic types of natural landscapes, spatial settlement and land use features, and the network components of the landscapes environment.
1. Berg, L. S. 1915. Izv. RGO, Part. 51, Vyp. 9, pp. 463—475.
2. Vedenin, Ju. A. Kuleshova, M. E. 2001. Izv. RAN, Ser. geogr.,№ 1, pp. 7—14.
3. Vedenin, Ju. A., Kuleshova,...
The use and environmental state of the Curonian Lagoon and its coastal zones
... delta of the River Neman, and the adjacent coastal area. Only when these elements are analysed as a single whole, one can see the problems of the region in their entirety. This article is the very first attempt to provide an overview of possible ways to use the Russian part of this region as a single water and land system in view of the close interdependence between land, waters, and environmental conditions.
1. Акимова И. Калининградская область: порт как основа развития // Korabel.ru. URL:
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
... Atlas], Kaliningrad, p. 26-27.
21. Romanova, Е. А., Vinogradova, О. L. 2015, Sovremennye landshafty Kaliningradskoj oblasti kak otrazhenie dinamiki zemlepol'zovanija [Modern landscapes of the Kaliningrad region as a reflection of the dynamics of land use], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 35—43.
22. Romanova, Е. А., Vinogradova, О. L. 2011, Fiziko-geograficheskoe rajonirovanie [Geographical zoning]. In: Orlenok, V., Fedorov, G. Kaliningradskaja oblast'. Atlas [Kaliningrad ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
52. Schubel, J. R., Carolyn, L. 2000, The Emergence of Megacities, Medicine and Global Survival, Vol. 6, no. 2, p. 107—110.
53. Small, C. 2004, Global population distribution and urban land use in geophysical parameter space, Earth Interactions,Vol. 8, p. 1—18.
54. Sreeja, K. G., Madhusoodhanan, C. G., Eldho, T. I. 2016, Coastal zones in integrated river basin management in the West Coast of India: Delineation, boundary issues and implications,...
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
... of Russia’s coastal borderlands and their constituent ‘strongholds’. It also explores the factors and features of the economic dynamics of the coastal borderlands amid the post-2014 geopolitical turbulence. Economic and statistical methods are used to highlight the irregularity of the economic and settlement patterns across Russia’s coastal borderlands, in their water and land areas. It is shown that Russian economic and military activities have clustered there to create 14 ‘strongholds’, including two emerging ones. The current confrontation between Russia and the West is accompanied by the country’s growing maritime ...
The species structure of bottom-dwelling fish communities of the South East Baltic according to the trawl survey data
... out based on of annual international bottom trawl surveys. The species composition of bycatch was identified and its contribution to the biodiversity of the water area assessed. The catchy structure was analyzed based on the species percentage in the landing and the frequency of occurrence. The results of this investigation can be used in developing an ecosystem approach for the fishing industry.
1. ICES 2013. Report of the Baltic Fisheries Assessment Working Group (WGBFAS), 10—17 April 2013, ICES Headquarters, Copenhagen. ICES CM 2013/ACOM: 10. URL:www.ices.dk (дата обращения: ...
Image of Princess Olga in K.Ryleyev’s DUMA: hagiographical reference points
... passions throughout his life whereas Princess Olga is always guided by a moral imperative. This antithesis is the main artistic means, and the cornerstone of the plot. The analysis of the main characters shows that Princess Olga, the ruler of the Russian land, is the epitome of the ideal Russian female character. The authors conclude that there are hagiographical references in depicting her image.
1. Вацуро В. Э. К изучению «Дум» К. Ф. Рылеева // Избранные труды....
Urban Development Programme of the Kaliningrad Region
... город. М., 2018.
Спек Дж. Город для пешеходов. М., 2015.
Pustovgarov V. I.
urban development, sustainable growth, architecture, Kaliningrad region, cultural heritage, comfortable living environment, public space, land use planning
Implementation of the INTERREG program in the Kaliningrad region and neighboring countries: a brief overview
... research methodology (interviews conducted with the project executors). Projects beneficiaries on the Lithuanian-Polish borderland in 2020 were also interviewed and it helped to compare the implementation procedures of the projects co-financed by the ... ... borders. The authors themselves participate in implementation of cross-border projects so an observation method has been used as well.
Kurowska-Pysz J., Goncharova Yu. V.
the Kaliningrad region, Lithuania, Poland, CBC Programmes, Interreg
GMOs in agriculture: legal regulation and discussion
... authors show that there is still no unanimous opinion of the effects produced by GMOs. Given the uncertainty, the ban on the use of genetic engineering in agriculture leads to the weakening of the role of legislation as a regulator of public relations.... ... Europolitics. 2011. 10 February. P. 6.
8. Scott A. H. Genetically Modified Crop Regulation: The Fraying of America's Patchwork Farm Lands // Villanova Environmental Law Journal. 2015. Vol. 26. P. 149—150.
9. Yu W., Wang C. Agro-GMO Biosafety Legislation in ...
The geoecological conditions of apiculture product manufacturing in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on the problem of agrarian land use transformation in the Kaliningrad region in 1960-2011. The author offers and assessment of the geoecological conditions of administrative units, as well as an index of favourable apiculture development conditions.
1. Гаева Д. В. Пасеки ...
The current condition of Kaliningrad landscape environment (methodology and basic results)
... районирования Калининградской области // Изученность природных ресурсов Калининградской области. Л., 1972.
Romanova Ye., Vinogradova O., Gagieva V.
cultural landscape, settlement, land use, regenerative succession.
Ecological characteristics of test sites of Kaliningrad soils for microbiological monitoring
This article offers an ecological analysis of urbanized ecosystem used for the microbiological monitoring of Kaliningrad soil. The authors show that the studied ecosystems differ in plant species ... ... обращения: 18.04.2012).
Kurkina M., Dedkov V., Umansky A., Titovich A., Nikitina S.
urbanized ecosystems, soil lands, ecological analysis.
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... territorial structure of productive forces of Russian North-West in the 2000—2010s, Balt. Reg., no. 1 (11), p. 81—88. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-10.
10. Pertsik, Е. N. 2006, Rajonnaja planirovka (territorial'noe planirovanie) [Regional planning (land use planning)], Moscow, 398 p.
11. Skaterschikov, S. V., Chistobaev, А. I. 2014, Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation, Balt. Reg., no. 1 (19), p. 104—112. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-9.
12. Sobolev, А. V. 2013, Prostranstvennye ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... and regional processes related to climate change, oceanization, the vulnerability of natural systems under the increasing pressure of anthropogenic activities, and continuously increasing risks presented by industrial agriculture and other types of land use.
1. Fedorov, G. M. (ed.), 2016, Atlas poslevoennyh izmenenij na territorii sovremennoj Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Atlas of post-war changes on the territory of the modern Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, 36 p. (In Russ.)
2. Borodin, E. V., Churin,...
The pattern of electromagnetic fields of industrial frequency in the central area of Kaliningrag city
... progress, and at the same time poorly studied environmental impact factor. Research of current levels and spatial distribution of electromagnetic fields in Kaliningrad aimed at mapping, defining statistically significant characteristics for types of land use and building types, revealing abnormal areas and their correspondence to hygienic standards and levels safety. The conducted research of electromagnetic fields of industrial frequency has shown that intensity of electric fields in the central part ...
The Spectral Dependence of Skin Sensitivity to Light in Immature LYMNAEA STAGNALIS L. Specimens
... sensitivity // J. Exp. Biol. 1974. Vol. 60. P. 383—396.
14. Gillary H. L., Wolbarsht M. L. Electrical responses from the eye of a land snail Otala lactea // Rev. Can. Biol. Vol. 26. P. 126—134.
15. Govardovskii V. I., Fyhrquist N., Reuter T. et al. In search ... .... 4. P. 487—495.
20. Stoll C. J. Sensory systems involved in the shadow response of Lymnaea stagnalis, as studied with the use of habituation phenomena // Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wet. 1972. Vol. 75C. P. 342—351.
21. Stoll C. J. Observations on the ultrastructure ...
The image of modern Russian innovations in the Danish mass media
... article also contributes to social surveys carried out in Denmark through introducing new data. The research results can be used by politicians, scholars and social activists interested in the relations with Denmark.
1. Klemeshev, A. P. 2011, A comparative ... ....dk/Marked/Markeder/Rusland/Pages/Russiskbesoeg styrkerbaandenetilDanmark.aspx (accessed on 01 May 2011)
11. Kniivilä, K. 2010, Ryssland — ett perifert land? diVERse. Kalle Kniivilä, 26 October, available at: http://www.kniivila.net/2010/ryssland-ett-perifert-land/ (accessed 15 ...
Variability of climatic characteristics оver the South-East Baltic coastal waters in the early XXI century
... hydrometeorological conditions in the southeastern Baltic Sea and their trends assessment for 2005—2019 (climatic half period). The authors used the data from field observations of atmospheric pressure, wind direction and speed, and air temperature from the automatic ... ... and failures // Ambio. 2015. № 44. P. 335—344.
19. Wibig J., Glowicki B. Trends of minimum and maximum temperature in Poland // Climate Research. 2002. № 20. P. 123—133.
20. Stont Z. I., Bukanova T. V. General features of air temperature over ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... sel'skohozjajstvennyh zemel' Rossii v HH veke i postagrogennoe vosstanovlenie rastitel'nosti i pochv [Dynamics of Russian agricultural land in the twentieth century and postagrogenic revegetation and soil], Moscow, GEOS.
10. Makhrova, A. G., Golubchikov, O. Yu.... ... prostranstva: metody, modeli i primery ispol'zovanija v geografii transporta [Compression space: methods, models and examples of use in the geography of transport]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'no-jekonomicheskogo prostranstva: ...
Ways to optimize the characteristics of active synthesizers frequency
... analysis and the theory of statistical estimation. This work primarily deals with theoretical methods of research which were used to identify approaches to the mathematical description of atmospheric phenomena models of wind shear, turbulence. The author ... ....gov/19870015834.pdf
(дата обращения: 14.04.2018).
23. Barr N. Wind Models for Flight Simulator Certification of Landing and Approach Guidance and Control Systems Boeing. URL:
(дата обращения: ...
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... political process. A number of meth¬ods, including the historical and structural functional analyses and the system ap¬proach are used in the study. The central hypothesis is that, as a political project, Intermarium reflects an important part of the systemic ... ... STA¬TUM ET LEGEM, no. 1, p. 15.
36. Gulevich, V. 2014, Doktrina Mezhdumor'ja i evrointegracija Ukrainy [The doctrine of Land Between the Seas and the European integration of Ukraine], Mez-hdunarodnaja zhizn' [International Affairs], available at: ...