The External Economic Factor in the Development of Northwestern Regions: Institutional Support and an Impact Assessment
... since the Northwestern Federal District accounts for a significant proportion of Russia’s exports. The study aims to reveal the connection between the federal district’s external and internal economic development and to identify the extent to which institutional support for international economic cooperation facilitates brisk international trade. The authors consider international trade from the perspective of its procedural and institutional components. The study stresses dependence between the total international ...
The role of pedagogical support in the personal development of students of higher educational institutions
Problems of development of the person of students of high school are considered. Necessity of introduction of pedagogical support is described, its importance is analysed, target orientations are designated, stages of pedagogical support of students are allocated.
. Проблемы развивающего обучения. М., 2004.
Institutional support for the strategic management of regional development
This article justifies the need and system-and-function-based methodology for institutional support for strategic management of regional development. The author offers an empirical analysis and proposes recommendations for updating and establishment of institutions of strategic management of socio-economic development at the federal and regional ...
The planning of effective professional performance of a psychologist at preschool educational institutions
This article discusses the need for planning the activity of a psychological counsellor at a preschool education institution; the author gives a definition of ergonomic integrity of the activity of a psychological counsellor at a preschool education institution, describes the algorithm for defining the ergative functions of a counsellor, and identifies the essential components of the psychological support technique.
Психология профессиональной пригодности. М., 2001.
Образовательно-педагогическая прогностика: ...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... economic development], no. 7 (109), April 2020, p. 3—13, Moscow, Institute for Economic Policy named after E. T. Gaidar (Gaidar Institute), Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation (RANEPA),... ... Migration snapshot, August 2020.
29. Moroz, H., Shrestha, M., Testaverde, M. 2020, Potential responses to the COVID-19 outbreak in support of migrant workers, World Bank Group. “Living Paper”, Version 10, June 19, available at:
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... migration situation and socioeconomic development. The authors identify northeastern regions with a high probability of popular support for the extreme right views on the migration crisis and northern and southwestern states that are most and least susceptible ... ... and US Immigration Systems; Capacity for Responding the Global Challenges: Learning from experiences”, European University Institute Robert Schumann Centre for Advanced Studies, San Domenico di Fiesole.
16. Lahav, G., Courtemanche, M. 2012, The Ideological ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... the requirements for their economic performance, based on the balance of regional development models for the formation of the support mechanisms for the purpose of increasing
competitiveness of the economy of the Kaliningrad region], 2014, Report on research ... ... Russian University of Economics.
2. Gareev, T. R. 2010, Regional'nyj institucionalizm: terra incognita ili terra ficta? [Regional institutionalism: terra incognita or terra ficta?], Zhurnal institucional'nyh
issledovanij [Journal of Institutional Research],...
The role of the social institution of law in the protection of the health of the younger generation
This article focuses on the role of the social law institution in the protection of the health of the younger generation. The author considers the problems and prospects of legal support to children’s healthcare in Russia.
Практики сохранения здоровья в контексте культуры: автореф. дис. … канд. пед. наук. Саратов,...
Local government reforms in Estonia: institutional context, intentions and outcomes
The local government reforms of 1989 and 1993 were intended to establish a dual pattern of central-local relations in Estonia. The choice of this model was inspired and supported by the Nordic states. Although the legal framework for local government has remained untouched since 1993, the introduction of institutional mechanisms for strong local autonomy was not a success. The first part of this article seeks to identify the main factors that inhibited the launch of the new institutional model. These were a lack of strategic influence on national policy-making,...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... (as amended on 11.03.2016.), available at:
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
5. About the state support of organizations that are making investments in the form of capital investment in the Kaliningrad region: law of the Kaliningrad ... ... Exclavity under globalization: Selected works, Kaliningrad, 211 p.
11. Aksenova-Sorokhtey, J. N., Baranovskaya, E. A. 2015, Institute of concession agreements and actual problems of its legal regulation in the Russian Federation, Nauchnaja perspektiva,...
The development of a mechanism for stimulating the innovative activity of small enterprises
This article analyses the current problems of stimulating innovation activity of small businesses in the Russian Federation. The problems of development of financial institutions for innovation support, financial and production-technological subsystems of the innovation infrastructure, and staff recruitment are examined in the case of the Kaliningrad region. Special attention is paid to the problems of business incubator creation and functioning....
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... of industrial districts, Economic Geography,Vol. 72 (3), p. 293―313.
31. Martin, P., Mayer, T., Mayneris, F. 2011, Public support to clusters: a firm level study of French «Local Productive Systems», Regional Science and Urban Economics, no. 41, ... ... An Organizing Framework, MIR: Management International Review,Vol. 43, no. 3, p. 151―169.
39. Schenk, K.-E. 2003, Economic institutions and complexity: structures, interactions, and emergent Properties, Edward Elgar Publishing Lim ited.
40. Sonis, M....
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... analysis is done on the basis of national and international research, as well as statistical data on the intensity of research and development, structure of research expenditure, human capital in the field of advanced technologies, and the methods of institutional support for innovative activity. The authors characterise the role of business, university, and authorities — which constitute the «triple helix» — in national innovative systems. The article also analyses such important factors as the intensity ...
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
... of June 29, 2012 was the birth of the European Banking Union. It demonstrated considerable and, in some ways, unprecedented support by the member states of the European Union to each other. This move was highly questioned by the public. In addition to ... ... conferring specific tasks on the European Central Bank concerning policies relating to the prudential supervision of credit institutions // Official Journal. 2013. L 287. P. 63—89.
7. Directive 2013/36/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... in the Baltic States not only in the context of threats to democratic institutions but also considering weaknesses of public institutions and insufficient resources to ensure stateness. This requires developing a hypothesis about smaller states ‘importing’ ... ... provide smaller states not only with economic and military resources but also legitimation ‘resources’ using their prestige to support the belief of local residents that there is no alternative to the current political system of social organisation. Legitimacy ...
Equivocality in Delineating the Borders of a Cluster: The Baltic’s Case
... competition between states striving to integrate into the global economic system has created a need for a spatially targeted regional policy as a means of boosting national competitiveness. The regional polarisation approach, which seeks to create new and support the existing nodes of a regional economic system — clusters, technopoles, industrial districts, etc., — has gained wide currency in public administration. The heralds of such forms of spatial networking are various institutional, cultural, organizational, technological, social, and cognitive proximities. Combinations of these proximities create the unique mosaic of a regional milieu. Geographical proximity translates into the boundaries of spatial networks, which ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... development of agricultural and innovations in the Baltic Sea regions serves as a basis for identifying the factors and conditions of supporting innovative entrepreneurship. Of special importance are the research, technological, and innovative potential of the ... ... rural territories through the transformation of organizational and economic mechanism of management relating to the creation of institutional, infrastructure, and spatial conditions. Research and technological cooperation in the Baltic region is emphasised ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... 02 December 2016, available at:
9. Russia’s European supporters. In the Kremlin’s pocket, 2015, The Economist, Feb 14, available at:
... ... of the Republic of Croatia, no. 2.
15. Andersson, J. 2015, Defence: solidarity, trust and threat perception, European Union Institute for Security Studies, July 2015. Available at:
Communication of Covid-19 consequences in the Baltic States inforsphere
4. Hanski, J., Keränen, J., Molarius, R. 2018, Tools and Methods for Supporting Regional Decision-Making in Relation to Climate Risks, Climate Change and Global Warming. doi:
11. Pynnöniemi, K. 2016, Salonius-Pasternak C. Security in the Baltic Sea Region: activation of risk potential, Finnish Institute of International Affairs, UPI Briefing Paper, available4 at:
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
17. Usher K., Bhullar N., Durkin J. et al. Family violence and COVID‐19: Increased vulnerability and reduced options for support // International Journal of Mental Health Nursing. 2020. Vol. 29, № 4. P. 549—552.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/inm.... ... COVID-19 Crisis and Telework: A Research Survey on Experiences, Expectations and Hopes // IZA Discussion Paper. 2020. № 13229. Institute of Labor Economics. URL:
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... directly restrict the country’s OFDI, but Russian state-owned enterprises may reach a decision to hold foreign investments to support Russia’s sanction policy.
1. Arctech Helsinki Shipyard to Russian Ownership, Arctech, available at: http://arctech.... ....html (accessed 20.07.2015).
47. Vahtra, P. 2005, Russian Investments in the CIS: Scope, Motivations and Leverage, Pan-European Institute, no. 9.
48. Vahtra, P. 2006, Expansion or Exodus?: Trends and Developments in Foreign Investments of Russia’s Largest ...
Norway’s International Development Assistance Policy in the Current International Environment: Mechanisms of Justification
... introductory speech at the seminar «Jobs for the Poor: The Role of Private Sector Development» at the Christian Michelsen Institute, 2015, Bergen, 2 June, available at: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/speech_cmi/id2415355/ (accessed 29.10.2015)
... ... (White Paper), September, MFA, Oslo, available at: vhttps://www.regjeringen.no (accessed 16.12.2015).
17. Norway increases support for UNICEF’s education efforts, 2015, Press release, 7 June, available at: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/norway-increasessupport-for-unicefs-education-efforts/id242667....
The ‘hybrid model’ of Norway’s ethnic policy in its northern counties: a key to stable interethnic relations
... the political and legal model currently used by Norway in its Northern counties. This work is a part of comprehensive research supported by the Russian Science Foundation. Our study aims to provide a historical perspective to the model of Norway’s national ... ... international contractual standards), the value and norm-driven method (ethnic policy viewed through the prism of public good), institutional method (the role of political institutions), and the secondary analysis of sociological data. We also rely on ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... federalizm: regional'naja politika napravlennaja na podderzhku municipal'nyh obrazovanij [Russian Federalism: regional policy aimed at supporting municipalities], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology], no. 3, p. 41—54.
2. Fedorov,... ... regione, p. 5.
3. Inshakov, O. V., Frolov, D. P. 2007, Institucional'nost' prostranstva v koncepcii prostranstvennoj jekonomiki [Institutional space in the concept of spatial economics], Prostranstvennaja ekonomika [Spatial economics], no. 1, p. 5—21.
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... Johnson, B., Lundvall B. Catching-up and institutional learning under post-socialism // Hausner J., Jessop B., Neilsen K. (eds.). Institutional Frameworks of Market Economies. Aldershot, 1993. P. 68—86.
30. Lundvall B. National Systems of Innovation: Towards ... ... Njøs R., Fosse J. K. Linking the bottom-up and top-down evolution of regional innovation systems to policy: Organizations, support structures and learning processes // Industry and Innovation. 2019. № 26 (4). P. 419—438. doi: 10.1080/ 13662716....
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
..., N. N. 2012, Geoinformatsionnoye obespecheniye otsenki uyazvimosti prirodnykh kompleksov k antropogennym vozdeystviyam [GIS support for vulnerability assessment of natural systems to anthropogenic influences], InterKarto-InterGIS-18: Ustoychivoye razvitiye ... .... Geography, no. 5, p.19-29.
16. Kochurov, B. I. 2009, Geoekologicheskoye kartografirovaniye [Geoecological mapping], RAS, Institute for geography, M. V. Lomonosov MSU, Moscow, Akademiya, 224 p.
17. Kadzhoyana, U. S., Kasimova, N. S. 2008, Neft' i ...
Königsberg Cathedral and Kant’s tomb in Soviet Kaliningrad
... authorities attempted to demolish the ruins of the Cathedral, which was damaged during the war, and relocate Kant’s grave. However, this goal was not achieved, because members of Kaliningrad intelligentsia and the emerging civil society, who had the support of Moscow cultural organisations and institutions, including the Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR, furthered the cause of protecting the main attractions of Königsberg/Kaliningrad. Thе article discusses the projects of using the ruins of the Cathedral for different purposes (creation of ...
The place and role of ontology in the system model of argumentation
... in ICT’ // Fountains of Computing Research — Proceedings of SAICSIT 2010 (Annual Research Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists). 2010. P. 153—159.
16. Poli R. Descriptive, Formal and Formalized ... .... Scheuer O, Loll F.,Pinkwart N., McLaren B. M. Computer-supported argumenta¬tion: A review of the state of the art // Computer Supported Learning. 2010. Vol. 5, № 1. P. 43—102.
18. Smith B. Ontology // Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Computing ...
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... a more permissive attitude towards the Soviet past and civil servants whose career began under the Soviets do not find much support within the Lithuanian elite.
1. Bauman, Z. 1999, In Search of Politics, Stanford, Stanford University Press.
2. Boyd ... ... generation of memory: Reflections on the “memory boom” in contemporary historical studies, Bulletin of the German Historical Institute, no. 27, p. 69—92.
18. Žalimas, D. 2006, SSRS okupacijos žalos atlyginimo įstatymas ir Rusijos Federacijos atsakomybės ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
..., Vneshmarket. Portal informacionnoj podderzhki vneshnejekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti [Vneshmarket. The portal of information support of foreign economic activity], available at:http://www.vneshmarket.ru/content/document_r_E5CD085C-3A3A-48BE-AC58-.BCC88981CC20.... ... Informacionnyj portal Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo instituta mezhdunarodnyh otnoshenij MID Rossii [Information portal of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations of Russia], available at: http://www.mgimo.ru/study/faculty/politcs/ksp/docs/34538/document34545....
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... Essay on internationalization potential of Northwest Russian and Finnish energy clusters, ETLA Discussion Papers, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (ETLA), no. 1078.
9. Ketels, C. 2012, The impact of clusters and networks of firms on EU competitiveness,... ... Vol. 19, no. 1—2, p. 91—104.
11. Ministry of Employment and the Economy, 2012, Abrupt structural change areas and areas supported due to closure of garrisons, available at: http://www.tem.fi/en/regional_development/national_regional_development/abrupt_structural_change_areas ...
Parliament and law-making: modern understanding of the role of parliamentary procedures and laws in transforming society
... regulating many spheres at large. The author has reviewed the role of the parliament regulations and rules of procedure in the activities of parliament. It is proposed to to move away from the practice of speedy adoption of laws and to introduce expert support and evaluation of the legislative process in parliament as mandatory elements of the legislative process. The article asserts the need to strengthen the role of expert councils under the committees of the Russian State Duma and the place of the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, fixing in the parliamentary regulations and laws, the mandatory nature of their analysis and expertise of introduced bills at the stages of the legislative process....
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
... of migrants into the society based on the multiculturalism principles. The interethnic tension manifested itself in the wide support for the Swedish Democrats Party in the 2010 parliamentary election. From a political party system dominated by social ... ... Hjalmarson & Högberg, 256 s.
13. The «new» and more Moderate party, 2008, The Swedish Conservative Party and the Welfare State. Institutional Change and Adapting Preferences Arbetsrapport, 2006, Institutet för Framtidsstudier, no. 12, p. 16—18.
Social code of the Kaliningrad Region in the system of legal regulation of social relations
... social relations. This issue is relevant due to the active social policy pursued by the state. This policy aims to develop social institutions and improve the quality of life of Russian citizens. The authors studied the state and coherence of social legislation ... ... them. The article substantiates the need to harmonise Russian social legislation, which should include both measures of social support of the population and the mechanisms of reducing social inequality. It is proposed to adopt a legislative codified act ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... the ten years’ data on the city’s international trade, and explore the significance of image, reputation, and information support for the region’s international trade provided by business information centres abroad. The authors employ the methods ... ... at:
4. City RepTrak-2016, 2016, Reputation Institute, available at:
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... gosudarstvenno-chastnogo partnerstva [Priorities for improving public-private partnerships],
Vestnik Intitituta jekonomiki RAN [Bulletin of the Institute of Economics], no. 4, p. 303—311.
10.Dulzon, А. А. 2014, Uspeshnost' upravlenija proektami: problemy, ocenka, vozmozhnosti ... ... prognozno-analiticheskogo soprovozhdenija vzaimootnoshenij biznesa i gosudarstvennyh struktur [Problems of forecasting and
analytical support of the relationship between business and government], Problemy prognozirovanija [Problems of Forecasting], no. 3, p. 19—32....
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... eksperimental'naya aprobatsiya [Identification of priorities for socio-economic development of the region: mathematical and methodological support and its experimental approbation], Moscow. (in Russ.)
6. Voronina, N. A., Kuznetsova, I. V. (eds) 2012, Kachestvo zhizni ... ... Index: the place of Russia in the modern world, Vestnik Taganrogskogo instituta upravleniya i ekonomiki [Bulletin of the Taganrog Institute of Management and Economics], no. 1(19), available at:
Network Transformations in Economy
.... Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
11. Coe N. M., Yeung H. M., Dicken H. W. Globalizing’ regional development: a GPNs perspective // Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2004. № 29. P. 468—484.
12. Contractor F., Lorange P. Cooperative Strategies in International Business. Lexington, Mass. : Lexington Books, 1988.
13. Cooke P. Enterprise Support Policies in Dynamic European Regions: Policy Implications for Ireland, paper presented at NESC seminar, Sustaining Competitive Advantage, NESC Research Series. March 1998, Dublin.
14. De Bresson C., Amesse F. Networks of innovators: a review ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... the delapidated cross-border relations are rather subjective and lie in the field of geopolitical orientation, information and institutional policy, as well as persistent stereotypes that shape public opinion. In this light, integration between the Kaliningrad ... ... economic, but also as a sociocultural objective. An analysis of the stages of the region’s exclavisation, and policies of social support stemming from the uniqueness of the economic and geographical position of the region substantiate this conclusion.
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... the region have announced several LNG terminal construction projects. The European Union will provide political and financial support to only one of these projects. The paper explores the role of gas and energy in the economy of the Eastern Baltic countries.... ...
2. Grigas, A. 2012, The Gas Relationship between the Baltic States and Russia: politics and commercial realities, The Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, October, available at: http://www. oxfordenergy. org/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/ 2012/ 10/NG_67.pdf ...
Kant’s Dissertation for the Master’s Degree On Fire and the Transformations of his Ideas of Ethereal Matter
... collaboration with R. Meerbote. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 47-66.
Kant, I., 1992c. The Only Possible Argument in Support of a Demonstration of the Existence of God. In: I. Kant, 1992. Theoretical philosophy, I755-1770. Translated and edited ... ... Kniga 2: Filosofiya XV-XIX vv. [History of Philosophy: West — Russia — East. Textbook for Students of Higher Educational Institutions. Book 2: Philosophy of the 15th – 19th Centuries]. Moscow: Greko-latinskii kabinet Yu. Shichalina, pp. 343-389....