Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
Transnational (involving countries) and cross-border (involving adjacent regions of different countries) cooperation and integration are rapidly developing in the Baltic Sea region. Russia lags behind the Nordic countries and Germany as far as innovative development is concerned; yet our national pace here is comparable to that of Poland and the three Baltic States. At the same time, the features of innovative cooperation vary a great deal depending on the group of countries involved in cooperation ...
Innovative development priorities of the major coastal agglomerations of the European part of Russia
The innovation development dynamics of coastal regions is under the growing influence of the agglomeration factor and the coastalization factor, which results in polarizing the innovation space around large cities and urban agglomerations in the coastal zone....
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
This article analyses approaches to the definition of such categories as “scientific and technological potential” and “innovative potential” in view of their resource, structural, procedural and resultant components. The author gives a more accurate definition of the scientific and technological potential through identifying its resources and orientation towards transforming ...
The research and technology development in Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation
This article focuses on the present state and prospects of research and technology development in Lithuania. The authors focus on the main competitive innovation spheres (information technologies, biotechnologies, special purpose laser technologies) and analyse the principal lines of innovation policy and strategy. The article presents the results of a SWOT analysis of Lithuanian innovation development ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
This article considers the main features of sustainable development of rural territories, identifies the factors of innovative entrepreneurship, and assesses their influence on the condition of rural economy. Special attention is paid to the analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural territory development. The authors summarise conceptual ...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
This article concerns the role that international cooperation in research, technology, and innovation plays in ensuring innovative development and producing an innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of the country’s integration into international research, technological, and innovative space is the development ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... G., Campbell D. F. J. ‘Mode 3’ and ‘quadruple helix’: toward a 21st century fractal innovation ecosystem // Int. J. of Technology Management. 2009. № 46 (3—4). P. 201—234.
19. Carayannis E. G., Rakhmatullin R. The Quadruple / Quintuple innovation helixes and smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and beyond // J. of the Knowledge Economy. 2014. № 5 (2). P. 212—239.
20. Coenen L., Moodysson J., Asheim B. T. Nodes, networks and proximities: On the knowledge dynamics of the Medicon valley ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
This article addresses the role of innovative centres in the development of surrounding areas beyond large cities. At the same time, the innovative development of rural areas should be of a composite nature; municipality development strategies take innovations into account. International practices serve as a an argument in favour of establishing innovative centres in smaller and medium-sized towns in order to facilitate the socioeconomic development of the territory and surrounding rural areas. ...
The system approach to modernisation and innovative regional development: strategic objectives
Russia must follow the path of modernisation and innovative development. The analysis conducted shows the absence of laws, strategies and uniform terminology regarding modernization and innovations. The author examines the factors affecting the content of these terms, describes the system approach to modernization and regional innovative development, develops regional methodology and identifies the strategic targets for modernisation ...
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Challenges and Perspectives of International Cooperation
... characteristics of international cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR) within the framework of the EU macroregional strategy. The analysis of the key directions, structure, and the Strategy implementation mechanisms demonstrates its experimental and innovative nature. At the same time, the authors identify problems and contradictions in the very idea of the Strategy, as well as its actual implementation in intergovernmental relations of the BSR countries. The main factor hampering the Strategy activities ...
The development of small innovative enterprises through harmonising economic interests
The harmonisation of economic interests is one of the essential preconditions for the development of enterprises, including small ones. As practice shows, the harmonisation of major interests of small innovative business requires not only market instruments, but also state regulation, which demands the development of a corresponding mechanism. This study sets out to develop and justify the macroeconomic mechanism of development of small innovative ...
The concept of open innovations and a study into the strategic potential of organisations
This article analyses the role of strategic potential of organisations in ensuring its competitiveness in a dynamic environment. The author considers the process of open innovation management. Special attention is paid to the joint activities of a number of organisations in innovative research and development and its further application.
1. Баззел Р., Гейл Б., Салтан Р. Доля рынка — ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... performance of French technopoles // Technovation. 1996. № 16(3). P. 143—152.
46. Cooke P. From Technopoles to Regional Innovation Systems: The Evolution of Localised Technology Development Policy // Canadian Journal of Regional Science. 2001. № ... ... N. Y., 1993. P. 232.
50. Florida R. Towards the learning region. Futures. 1995. № 27(5). P. 527—536.
51. Fombrun C. J. Strategies for network research in organizations // The Academy of Management Review. 1982. № 7(2). P. 280—291.
52. Garofoli ...
The prospects of entrepreneurship in the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region
... review of the prospects for the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region with the participation of small and medium businesses. In view of the essential features of entrepreneurship, its prospects in the development and implementation of innovations seem to be quite attractive. However, in the current economic context, growth requires special measures. The authors analyse the measures taken by the European Union and individual countries in order to strengthen the participation of small ...
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
... under study, the authors formed a bi-component model of cluster development for the agro-industrial complex (including the "completion" of basic spheres in the agro-industrial complex and the actual cluster development formats). Today the innovative vectors of the complex development often lay along the large agricultural holdings, which also act as customers of R&D in the industry. The lack (despite the presence of formal strategies for regional and cluster development) of consensus on interaction in the industry and its development strategy was revealed. The cluster development component runs some certain risks in regulations. The authors indicate actual vectors of ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
This article considers the possibility of Russian integration into a common research, technological, and innovative space of the Baltic region. The author presents the results of a comparative analysis of innovative development in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries based on the calculation of an integral research and technological potential index for the ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2004. № 29. P. 468—484.
12. Contractor F., Lorange P. Cooperative Strategies in International Business. Lexington, Mass. : Lexington Books, 1988.
13. Cooke P. Enterprise Support Policies in ... ... seminar, Sustaining Competitive Advantage, NESC Research Series. March 1998, Dublin.
14. De Bresson C., Amesse F. Networks of innovators: a review and introduction to the issue // Research Policy. 1991. № 20(5). P. 363—379.
15. Dore R. Goodwill and ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... facilitating the development of research and industrial potential of the country and aimed at creating the conditions for the development of science intensive industries, which extract a high surplus value, the authors consider the research and education and innovation sectors of the Republic of Lithuania — the closest neighbour of the Russian Federation in the North-West region. The analysis of competences of Lithuanian research and education sectors helped identify promising research and technology development ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
The article considers and assesses the influence of macro-geographical factors on communication behaviour of people in the course of transition to innovative economy through the example of the Baltic Sea region.
1. Dinamika razvitija jekonomicheskogo krizisa: Sweden [The dynamics of the economic crisis: Sweden], 2010, Informacionnyj bjulleten' Instituta Baltijskogo regiona RGU im. I. Kanta [Newsletter ...
The role of brand ecosystem in solving the tasks of hi-tech product marketing
... Marketing Science. 2008. Vol. 36, № 3. P. 322—336.
11. Fang E. Customer participation and the trade-off between new product innovativeness and speed to market // Journal of Marketing. 2008. Vol. 72, № 4. P. 90—104.
12. Keller K. L. Strategic Brand ... ... ecosystems. N. Y., 1996.
14. Pinar M., Trapp P., Girard T. et al. Utilizing the Brand Ecosystem Framework in Designing Branding Strategies for Higher Education // International Journal of Educational Management. 2011. Vol. 25, № 7. P. 724—739.
East Baltics: Economic Dilemmas of Security
... authors stress that the central component of any national military and economic development is a focus on general national objectives rather than solely military ones. Economically advanced countries integrate defence spending into their investment and innovation strategies and industrial policies. Smaller countries — and the Baltics are no exception — do not apply this principle. Their military spending does not contribute to the technological and economic agenda. The article shows that the military spending ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... identifies the factors contributing to the formation of international clusters in the Baltic Sea region.
1. Asheim, B. T., Coenen, L., Moodysson, J. 2009, The Life Science Cluster of Medicon Valley, Scandinavia. In: Jonathan, P., Gabriela, M. Clusters, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Paris, OECD publishing, p. 131—154.
2. Baltic Supply, official website, available at: http://www.balticsupply.eu/ (accessed 17 December 2012).
3. Birkinshaw, J., Solvell, O. 2000, Leading-edge Multinationals and Leadingedge ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
3. Allwood, J. M. 2014, Squaring the Circular Economy: The Role of Recycling Within a Hierarchy of Material Management Strategies, Waltham.
4. Arthur, W. B. 2011, The Second Economy, McKinsey Quarterly, October, McKinsey & Company, available at: ... ....2016). DOI:
6. Davis, C., Arthurs, D. 2006, What Indicators for Science, Technology and Innovation Policies in the 21st Century, Ottawa, available at:
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... Russia’s northwestern border regions. The author analyses statistical and analytical data and does the content analysis of regional strategies for tourism and socioeconomic development. A number of statistical methods, namely, the regression and the time series ... ... Strategiyz razvitiya prigranichnyh territoriy: tradicii i innovacii [Strategy for development of border regions: tradition and innovation], Kursk, p. 230—235.
8. Koncepciya socialno-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Leningradskoy oblasti na period do 2025 goda ...
Strategic development of a university in the Russian exclave
... Phase I. [online] Available at: http://web.mit.edu/lis> [Accessed 5 July 2010]
1993. National Systems of Innovation: A Comparative Analysis. Oxford.
2003. Managing successful universities. McGraw Hill Education.
... ... Knowledge Economy A Triple Helix of University-Industry-Government Relations. London.
Klemeshev Andrey, Gareev Timur
regional strategies, development corridor, geopolitical factor, Kaliningrad region, Baltic region
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... Conference on the Problems of Development of the Economy and Society], Moscow, p. 8.
6. Kotler, Ph., Asplund, K., Rein, I., Hayder, D. 2005, Marketing mest [Marketing places], St. Petersburg, p. 54. (in Russ.)
7. Kotov, A. I. Quality of life as a tool for innovative economic development, Nauchno-tehnicheskie vedomosti SPbGPU. Ekonomicheskie nauki [Scientific and technical statements SPbSPU. Economic sciences], no. 1(211), p. 93—101. (in Rus.)
8. Kulibanova, V. V., Teor, T. R. 2016, Innovative branding ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... 2013, What kind of entrepreneurship drives regional development in European non-core regions? A literature review on empirical entrepreneurship research, European Planning Studies, no. 21, p. 1095—1127.
12. Doloreux, D., Dionne, S. 2008, Is regional innovation system development possible in peripheral regions? Evidence from the case of La Pocatiere, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, no. 20, p. 259—283.
13. Gardiner, B., Martin, R. L., Tyler, P. 2013, Spatially unbalanced growth in the British ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... study emphaisises the need for regional businesses to interpret new knowledge as a key value for developing the competitive and innovative potential.
1. Applehans W., Globe A., Laugero G. Managing knowledge: a practical webbased approach. Addison Wesley ... ... sharing: A review & directions for future research // Human Resource Management Review. 2010. Vol. 20, № 2.
25. Teece D. J. Strategies for managing knowledge assets: the role of firms structure and industrial context: 125—144 // TeeceDJ (eds). Managing ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... June 2014.№ 1032-r)], 2008, Moscow.
3. Beysembinova, A. 2012, Problemy investicionnoj dejatel'nosti na osnove gosudarstvenno-chastnogo partnerstva [Problems of investment through public-private
partnerships], Investicii i innovacii [Investments and Innovations], no. 1, p.144—150.
4. Bragina, Z. V., Orlov, V. V., Andreeva, N. Yu. 2011, Gosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo: mehanizmy razvitija [Public-private partnership: the development of mechanisms], Kostroma, 186 p.
5. Byrkova, Ye. Gruzooborot ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... planned for 2016 form the basis for the import substitution manufacturing and will significantly affect the conditions of regional economy development. Implementation of the Strategy for the Socioeconomic Development of the Region will contribute to the innovativeness of economy, its export orientation, development through an increase in labour productivity, and cooperation with both Russian and international partners. It will reduce the dependence of production on imported raw materials and semi-finished ...
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
... The article addresses the emergence and development of the modernisation idea in Russia. The relevance of this work lies in theidentification of the features of the transition of Russian society into a new phase, which reflects the trends of global innovative processes.
1. Golubovich, А. D., Idrisov, А. B., Inozemtsev, V. L., Titov, B. Yu., Spiegel, М. М. 2009, Vyhod iz krizisa: otkaz ot syr'evoj modeli. Novaja industrializacija [Out of the crisis: the rejection of raw model. new Industrialization],...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
.... Druzhinin, A. G. 2017, The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication, Balt. Reg., Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 28—43.
6. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016 "Marine component" of Russian social geography: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya RAN. Seriya geograficheskaya [Regional Research of Russia], no. 6, p. 7—16. (in Russ.)
7. Slack, B. 1989, The port service industry in an environment of change, Geoforum, Vol. 20, no. 4, p. 447—457.
8. Porter, M. E. 1990, The ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
2. Anderson J. C., Håkansson H., Johanson J. Dyadic business relationships within a business network context // Journal of Marketing. 1994. Vol. 58, № 4. P. 1—15.
3. Bek N. N., Bek M. A., Sheresheva M. Y., Johnston W. Perspectives of SME innovation clusters development in Russia // Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing.2013. Vol. 28, № 3. P. 240—259.
4. Benson B. W., Davidson W. N. III, Wang H., Worrell D. L. Deviations from Expected Stakeholder Management, Firm Value, and ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region, Baltic Region, no. 1, p. 37—46. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-4.
11. Smorodinskaya, N. V. 2013, Territorial'nye innovacionnye klastery: mirovye orientiry i rossijskie realii [Regional Innovation Clusters: World landmarks and Russian Reality], XIV Aprel'skaja mezhdunarodnaja nauchnaja konferencija «Modernizacija
jekonomiki i obshhestva» [The April XIV International scientific conference «Modernization of Economy and Society»],...
Cluster policy as a mechanism to increase regional competitiveness
... «стимулов». М., 2008.
6. Портер М. Конкуренция / пер. с англ. М., 2005.
7. Enright M. J. Regional Clusters: What we know and what we should know // Paper prepared for the Kiel Institute International Workshop on Innovation Clusters and Interregional Competition, 2002. P. 18.
8. Sölvell Ö., Lindqvist G., Ketels C. The Cluster Initiative Greenbook. URL: www.cluster-research.org/greenbook.htm
9. Сайт подкомитета ТПП РФ по развитию ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... strategicheskogo planirovanija [Strategic planning in the regions and cities of Russia: a strategy of modernization and upgrading strategies. Reports of the IX All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Leaders]. St. Petersburg, 18—19 October 2010, St. Petersburg,... ... education in the light of the Bologna process and the entry of Russia into the WTO], Innovacionnoe obrazovanie i ekonomika [Innovative education and the economy], Vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 21—22.
Gritsenko Vladimir, Zhurakhovskaya Polina, Yurov Artyom
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... science: bibliometric analysis], Мoscow, Janus.
16. Mäkinen, H. 2012, Innovacionnyj process v regione Baltijskogo morja [The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region], Balt. Reg., no. 3(13), p. 73—86. doi:10.5922/2074-9848-2012-3-5, available at: ... ... Evropejskogo sojuza i Rossijskoj Federacii» [Interim report on the study, "The Baltic Sea Region in focus development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation"], available at: http://www.n-west. ru/wp-content/uploads/2000/02/Promezhutochnyiy-otchyot-issledovaniya_21....
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... Baltic counterparts. Therefore, it is important to seize the opportunities provided by the information society and focus on the innovative areas of regional cooperation. An interesting example is the partnership between Baltic universities, which is aimed ... ... 44, no 4, p. 1—4.
14. Interim report on the implementation of the study «The Baltic Sea Region in the focus of development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation », 2012, Center for Cross-Border and Interregional Cooperation of ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... the motives, objectives and findings of preparing a perspective for territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region and discusses issues related to its implementation. Particular attention is paid to Northwest Russia and Kaliningrad region. Promoting innovation clusters, metropolitan networks and urban-rural partnerships, improving accessibility as well as enhancing maritime spatial planning and management are key issues to be solved in transnational cooperation
— Gdansk ...
Managerial skills and the strategic potential of organisations
... Business Strategy. Management Science. 1986. N 32. P. 1231—1241.
Brandenburger A. M., Nalebuff
Chesbrought H., Rosenbloom R.
The role of the business model in capturing value from innovation: evidence from Xerox Corporation’s technology. Industrial and Corporate Change 2002. N 11 (3). P. 529—555.
How Valuable are Organization Capabilities? // Strategic Management Journal. 1994. Vol. 15. ...
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
... the reform of state institutions. One advantage of the fundamental economic reform approach is that by linking anticorruption strategies to the reform of economic policies and institutions, the struggle against corruption can be seen as one of the issues ... ... Vol. 37(1), p. 416—430.
7. Hargroves, K., Smith M. (ed). 2005, The Natural Advantage of Nations:
Business Opportunities, Innovation and Governance in the 21st Century.
8. Lackol,M. 2006, Tax Rates with Corruption: Labour-market Effects, Discussion ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... 133—141. (In Russ.)
19. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, "The sea component of" social geography of Russia: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya RAS. Seriya geograficheskaya, p. 10—19. (In Russ.)
20. Ilyin, I. A. 1934, O Rossii. Tri rechi [About ... ... beginning of implementation. In: Strategii makroregionov Rossii: metodologicheskie podkhody, prioritety i puti realizatsii [Strategies for Russia's Macro-regions: methodological approaches, priorities and ways of implementation], Moscow, p. 479—592....
Audiovisual translation and reception
... Causes, translations, effects. Target, 10(2), pp. 201—230.
Chesterman, A., 1993. From ‘is’ to ‘ought’: Laws, norms and strategies in Translation Studies. Target, 5(1), pp. 1—20.
Chesterman, A., 2007. Bridge concepts in translation sociology. In: ... ... viewer. Translatio (Nouvelles de la FIT/FIT Newsletter), 14(3—4), pp. 376—383.
Künzli, A. and Ehrensberger-Dow, M., 2011. Innovative Subtitling: A Reception Study. In: C. Alvstad, A. Hild and E. Tiselius, eds. Methods and Strategy of Process Research....
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... border position of a region (at least, due to the presence of border zones) has a significant effect on the content of regional strategies for socioeconomic development and schemes for territorial planning of constituent entities and municipal districts.... ... This experience of coordinating activities in the economic and sociocultural spheres, as well as international spatial planning innovations (German landscape planning, etc.), can be adopted in Russia.
1. Бакланов П. Я., Ганзей С. С. Трансграничные ...
Особенности реализации инвестиционных стратегий телекоммуникационных компаний Калининградской области
... поглощения в качестве инвестиционной стратегии развития предприятий телекоммуникационной отрасли.
This article emphasizes the importance of telecommunications sector for the innovative development of the region. The author examines the near-term trends in the telecommunications market of the Kaliningrad region. The article offers an analysis of principal investment areas, namely: the expansion of the 3rd generation cell network,...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... 2005, Promyshlennye uzly Dal'nego Vostoka [Industrial units of the Far East], Владивосток, 192 p.
15. Pavlov, E. 2013, Tehnoparki — vazhnyj jelement sovremennoj innovacionnoj jekonomiki [Technology parks — an important element of modern innovative economy], Umnoe proizvodstvo [Smart production], no. 21, available at:http://www.umpro.ru (accessed 15.04.2014).
16. Perelygin, Yu., Knyaginin, V. 2007, Prostranstvennoe razvitie Rossii v dolgosrochnoj perspektive [The spatial development ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Kaliningradskij region 2010: potencial, koncepcii i perspektivy [Kaliningrad Region 2010: the potential of the concept and perspectives],
Grenoble, Kaliningrad, Moscow, Tasit Prometheus II, 343 p.
8. Klemeshev, A. 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
9. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda [The concept of long-term ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... claim to completeness. Further research will seek to present the findings obtained in more detail.
Lachininskiy S. S.
economic security, geo-economic uncertainty, Saint Petersburg, Leningrad Region, economic stability, competitive advantages, innovations
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
.... Reg., no 4, p. 27-41. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-2.
9. Mezhevich, N. M., Zhabrev, А. А. 2011, Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo kak innovacionnaja strategija: na primere Severo-Zapadnogo Federal'nogo Okruga Rossii [Cross-border cooperation as an innovative strategy: the example of the North-West Federal District of Russia], Pskovskij regionalisticheskij zhurnal [Pskov regional journal], no. 11, p. 32-34.
10. Mezhevich, N. M., 2011, Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo: teorija i rossijskaja regional'naja ...
On the Dual Role of the Translator of Poetry and the Division of Roles
... translator of poetry. The study identifies certain components of the process, within which a translator acts simultaneously as a transmitter of the original culture, a mediator between the reader and the author of the source text, a co-author, a linguistic innovator, a poet, and a linguist. The two latter roles are crucial for translating poetry. Translators of poetry create ‘their own’ texts. It is obvious that they cannot distance themselves completely from their poetic selves and their language personalities....