The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
... countries within the region. Firstly, some definitions of innovations, innovation drivers, and characteristics of a favourable innovation environment are presented. Secondly, the current condition of innovation environments in the BSR is described and the innovation performances of Baltic countries are compared. Finally, the research aims to conclude, as well as to analyse, the future innovation development of the BSR. The research material for this desk study is collected from various sources, including journal ...
Empirical results on Russian companies' innovation activity
... occupy a competitive position in international markets. This paper is based on research designed to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the national innovation system in Russia. The objective of the study was to examine innovation activity and innovation performance in Russia, as well as to identify the priorities of the government’s policy for promoting innovation.
1. Bauman Innovejshn. [online] Available at: <http://info. worldbank.org/etools/docs / library/235397/ prazdnichnykh-ru. pdf> ...
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... innovative development. A statistical assessment is supplemented by a qualitative analysis of spatial patterns of innovation capital accumulation; the agglomeration factor is taken into account. It is shown that northern and southern coastal regions perform very differently on innovative development, the latter doing better than the former. Three main models of innovation generation, implementation, and accumulation of coastal regions are described. Each is associated with a different way to benefit from proximity to the sea....
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... Kaliningrad region, Russia’s exclave on the Baltic Sea. The author discusses the importance of creating a favourable innovation environment in the region for sustainable implementation of the innovative model of economic development. The author assesses the innovation environment in the Kaliningrad region and performs a retrospective analysis of its transformation. Special attention is paid to the institutional aspects of the problem. The author explores constraints and threats to the development of innovation and innovation security of the Kaliningrad region....
The impact of innovative factors on the development of Russian regions
This article explores the influence of innovative factors on the gross regional product. The following statistic indicators are chosen as factors: the volume of innovative goods, works and services and expenditure on technological innovations. The calculations are performed through the method of correlation analysis for thirty three regions and three federal districts of Russia. The 2000—2010 official statistical data are used. The authors substantiate the possibility of using the correlation analysis for evaluating ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Europe. 2016. № 8 (1). P. 26—41.
41. Steiner M. Competence clusters as a new concept for regional policy // Steiner M. (ed.). Competence clusters: workshop report. Leykam, 1997. P. 17—22.
42. Stuart T. E. Interorganizational alliances and the performance of firms: a study of growth and innovation rates in a high-technology industry // Strategic Management Journal. 2000. № 21 (8). P. 791—811.
43. Tayarani M., Poorfakhraei A., Nadafianshahamabadi R., Rowangould G. M. Evaluating unintended outcomes of regional smart-growth strategies: ...
On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations
2010/347-stroitelstvo-innovacionnoj-yekonomiki-v-rossii.html (accessed 12 February 2011).
10. Eurostat, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat (accessed 20 January 2011).
11. Innovation union scoreboard 2010. 2011, Innovation Union's performance scoreboard for Research and Innovation, 1 Febr.
12. Innovation, Latvijas Statistika, available at: http://www.csb.gov. lv/en/statistikas-temas/innovation -key-indicators-30750.html (accessed 12 March 2011).
13. Latvijas Statistika, available ...
Tools for evaluating the competitiveness of innovative clusters
Federal programmes to support regional clusters in Russia were introduced several years ago. Today, they need updating and revision. A promising starting point for effective support for hi-tech and innovative clusters may be an evaluation of cluster performance aimed to understand whether further development and financing of cluster projects are required and whether the list of supported clusters should be extended or reduced.
This article analyses the case of the Silicon Saxony innovation cluster ...
The image of modern Russian innovations in the Danish mass media
... Simpel regnefejl bag raket-styrt koster topfolk jobbet,
Ingeniøren, 30 December, available at: http://ing.dk/artikel/115199-simpel-regnefejl -bag-raket-styrt-koster-topfolk-jobbet (accessed 01 February 2011).
17. Innovation Union Scoreboard 2010. The Innovation Union's performance
scoreboard for Research and Innovation. 2011, 1 February, PRO INNO Europe, available at: http://www.proinno-europe.eu/sites/default/files/docs_EIS2010/IUS_2010_final.pdf (accessed 01 May 2011).
18. Munch, S. Rusland rykker tættere på Europa,...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... diffusion // Journal of Economic Geography. 2016. № 16(3). P. 749—774.
44. Castells M., Hall P. Technopoles of the world: The making of 21st century industrial complexes. L., 1994. P. 288.
45. Chorda I. M. Towards the maturity stage: An insight into the performance of French technopoles // Technovation. 1996. № 16(3). P. 143—152.
46. Cooke P. From Technopoles to Regional Innovation Systems: The Evolution of Localised Technology Development Policy // Canadian Journal of Regional Science. 2001. № 24(1). P. 21—40.
47. Czamanski S., Czamanski D. Industrial complexes: Their typology, structure and relation to Regional ...
Organisation of scientific research in Germany
... (accessed 17 January 2012).
6. Excellence Initiative at a Glance: The Programme by the German Federal and State Governments To Promote Top-level Research at Universities, 2011, Bonn, Brandt GmbH Druckerei und Verlag, 108 p.
7. Federal Report on Research and Innovation 2010, 2010, Bonn, Berlin, p. 21.
8. Germany: Research performers. Business enterprise sector, available at:http://erawatch.jrc.ec.europa.eu/erawatch/opencms/information/country_pages/de/country?section=ResearchPerformers&subsection=BusinessEnterpriseSector (accessed 24 January2012).
9. Germany: Research ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Harvard Business Review. 1998. December. P. 77—90.
49. Porter M. E. Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance.N. Y. : Free Press, 1985.
50. Powell W. W. Neither Market nor Hierarchy: Network Forms of Organization // Research ... ... 1990. № 12. P. 295—336.
51. Powell W. W., Koput K., Smith-Doerr L. Inter-Organizational Collaboration and the Locus of Innovation: Networks of Learning in Biotechnology // Administrative Science Quarterly. 1996. № 41. P. 116—45.
52. Saxenian ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems,Vol. 19, no. 6, p. 1013−1031.
34. Moulaert, F., Sekia, F. 2003,Territorial innovation models: a critical survey, Regional Studies, Vol. 37(3), p. 289—302.
35. Oksanen, E., Williams, J. 1992, An Alternative ... ... Development Policy-Making, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, no. 19, p. 339―358.
37. Porter, M. 2003, The Economic Performance of Regions, Regional Studies, Vol. 37, no. 6—7, p. 549—578.
38. Rugman, A., Verbeke, A. 2003, Multinational Enterprises ...
Case study: treatment of a patient with Т- cell lymphoma (delta-gamma-variant)
... supportive polychemotherapy (Rituximab + + Gemzar), without progression. Six months later, the patient's condition worsened. We performed spinal puncture and diagnosed neuroleukemia. It was recommended that the patient received a specific course of polychemotherapy.... ... (Campath-1H) and CHOP сhemotherapy as first-line treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma: results of a GITIL (Gruppo Italiano Terapie Innovative nei Linfomi) prospective multicenter trial // Blood. 2007. Vol. 110. P. 2316—2323.
10. Mahadevan D., Unger J. M.,...
On Sources and Mechanisms of Coastal Area Self-development
... исследованию человеческого поведения (научный доклад). М
Revealed Performances. Worldwide Ranking of Economists and Economics Departments (1969—2000) // University Libre de Bruxelles. Preliminary ... ...
self-development, coastal border area, genetic-cultural determination,
region’s competitiveness, intellectual capital, human capital, innovative entrepreneurship.
Identification of technology transfer in industries developing in the exclave region under the influence of the “coastal factor”
... integral part of this subsystem which actually ensures the interaction of its components, is transfer of technologies. The main "holders" of technologies in the Kaliningrad region are the universities. Kaliningrad State Technical University performs 37.6 % of the work in the area of innovations, a significant amount of work is implemented by the Federal Fishery Agency. Transfer of technologies for IKBFU is academic, which is typical for a classical university (some few works are carried out within the branches developing under the ...
An innovative approach to increasing the financial literacy of non-economics students
... national and international practices of distance learning focusing on financial literacy are analysed. The study proposes an innovative approach to teaching the Money and Money Management gamified distance-learning course to non-economics students. ... ... implementation at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are described.
Agyei S. K.
Culture, financial literacy, and SME performance in Ghana
Cogent Economics and Finance
. 2018. Vol. 6 (1).
2. Kuntze R., Wu C., Wooldridge B. R., Whang Y. Improving ...
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... research activities in the Baltic Sea region countries. It is based on a number of scientometric indicators that reflect the performance of universities in terms of research journal publications and the development of research cooperation in the field ... ..., Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2012, Nacional'nye innovacionnye sistemy stran Baltijskogo makroregiona: sravnitel'nyj analiz [National innovation systems of the Baltic Sea macro-region: a comparative analysis], Issledovaniâ Baltijskogo regiona, no. 1 (9), p. 30—39....
The use of coherent time-frequency multiplexing to improve the performance of the atmospheric optical communication system
... Энергетический бюджет атмосферной оптической линии связи // Вестник связи. 2010. № 2. С. 12—13.
5. Subhalekshmi K. R., Sreelekshmi K. R., Thomas J. OFDM in FSO communication system // Int. J. Innov. Res. Comp. Commun. Eng. 2015. Vol. 3, iss. 8. P. 934—937.
6. Ткалич О. П., Дятлов А. А., Мамаев Р. А., Нечай Д. Ю. Применение глазковых диаграмм для исследования цифровых ...
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... message refers simultaneously to both artistic and political reality. The multimedia type of hybridization includes texts that use innovative technologies and new media channels while combining several information transfer channels. This way, a new system of ... ... Language. Stanford. pp. 113—130.
Genette, G., 1982. Palimpsestes: La litterature au second degre. Paris.
Goldberg, R., 1979. Performance: Live Art, 1909 to the Present. New York.
Heibach, Ch., 2011. Avant-garde theater as total artwork? Media-theoretical ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... P. 39—81.
5. Bergenholtz C., Waldstrøm C. Inter-Organizational Network Studies — A Literature Review // Industry and Innovation. 2011. Vol. 18, № 6. P. 539—562.
6. Bhattacharya C., Korschun D., Sen S. Strengthening Stakeholder-Company Relationships ... ... in the age of business ecosystems. N. Y., 1996.
26. Neubaum D. O., Zahra S. A. Institutional Ownership and Corporate Social Performance:The Moderating Effects of Investment Horizon, Activism, and Coordination// Journal of Management. 2006. Vol. 32. P....
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... study emphaisises the need for regional businesses to interpret new knowledge as a key value for developing the competitive and innovative potential.
1. Applehans W., Globe A., Laugero G. Managing knowledge: a practical webbased approach. Addison Wesley ... ... from failure // Journal of Knowledge Management. 2000. Vol. 4, № 2.
15. Malhotra Y. Knowledge Management for E-Business Performance: Advancing Information Strategy to Internet Time. Information Strategy // The Executive’s Journal. 2000.
16. Hicks ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... development. The competitiveness of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region amid geo-economic uncertainty is considered through the performance of the regions’ key enterprises and emerging technology companies. I analyse the revenue profiles of the regions’ ... ...
economic security, geo-economic uncertainty, Saint Petersburg, Leningrad Region, economic stability, competitive advantages, innovations
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
22. CSR «Severo-Zapad» sostavil innovacionnuju kartu Rossii [Center for Strategic Research "North-West" was an innovative map of Russia], 2007, Centr strategicheskih
razrabotok «Severo-Zapad» [Center for Strategic Research "North-West"],... ... New Economics of Competition, Harvard Business Review, November-December, p. 77—90.
30. Porter, M. E. 2003, The economic performance of regions, Regional Studies, Vol. 37, August-October, p. 549—578.
31. Porter, M. E. 1998, Clusters and the New ...
Rural areas of russia’s north-west borderland: problems and development paths
... maximal multifunctionality-driven use of internal resources, bottom-up initiatives supported by the authorities, extensive use of innovations, the Internet, and scientific knowledge. The study takes into account and assesses the heterogeneity of rural areas ... ... Cross-district differences in output dynamics were described. The socially essential functions of rural areas and the economic entities performing those functions were identified. The analysis of the recreational resources of border districts helped to determine ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... konkurentosposobnosti jekonomiki Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Analysis of the economic entities and determining the requirements for their economic performance, based on the balance of regional development models for the formation of the support mechanisms for the purpose of ... ... perspectives],
Grenoble, Kaliningrad, Moscow, Tasit Prometheus II, 343 p.
8. Klemeshev, A. 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
9. Koncepcija ...
On the concept of normative evaluation of cost-effectiveness of GLONASS application in coastal regions
... crop yield forecasts, forestry, water industry and agricultural monitoring, etc. However, the research shows that attempts to perform a calculation for various fields of satellite information application at a regional level prove the existing approaches ... ... Savanovich, S. V. and Savanovich, А. V. 2010, Razvitie innovacionnoj infrastruktury primorskogo regiona Rossii [Development of innovation infrastructure coastal region of Russia], Kaliningrad.
Ivchenko Vladislav, Boronilov Anatoly
Big data in modern education
... 1996. Vol. 39, № 11. P. 27—34.
7. Hard Drive Cost Per Gigabyte // BackBlaze. URL:
(дата обращения: 07.11.2017).
8. Manyika J., Chui M., Farrell D. et al. Open data: Unlocking innovation and performance with liquid information. McKinsey Global Institute, 2013. URL:
(дата обращения: 07.11.2017).
9. O’Neil C. Weapons of Math ...
A transcendental analysis of mathematics: The constructive nature of mathematics
... [CPR, B 81]. A ‘constructive’ understanding of mathematical acts going back to Euclid’s genetic method is an important innovation introduced by Kant. This understanding is at the heart of modern mathematical formalism, intuitionism, and constructivism.... ... a “shift” from the level of concepts of the understanding to the level of sensual intuition, where mathematical acts are performed, followed by a subsequent return to the initial level. On this basis, the author develops a theory of transcendental ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... approaches and new decisions, Geodeziya i kartografiya, no. 10, p. 25—33. (In Russ.)
17. Methodical recommendations about performance of assessment of quality of the environment about a condition of live sushchestvo (assessment of stability of development ... ... Systems & Science, Third Edition, Wiley, Hoboken, New Jersey, 432 p.
35. Melville, N. P., Ross, S. M. 2010, Information systems innovation for environmental sustainability, MIS Quarterly, Vol. 34, no. 1, p. 1—21.
Kurolap Semen A., Klepikov Oleg V., Vinogradov ...
Measurement of liver volume using imaging techniques of various modalities
... great importance in the management of certain liver diseases and systemic disorders involving the liver. With the development of innovative technologies for the partial liver resection and transplantation lifetime assessment of liver volume is of great interest.... ... to calculate the estimated size of a normal liver. Accurate non-invasive assessment of liver volume of the individual can be performed using imaging techniques. This article describes methods to measure the liver volume using imaging techniques of various ...