Information function of professional training system
The article deals with the issue of distinguishing the “information function” as a specific function of professional training system. It is stated that along with traditional functions of professional training the information function is becoming one of the top priority functions in the information society....
Educational process planning in an information society
This article dwells upon the problem of structuring the educational process in an information society. The factors influencing the educational process in an information society are identified in the article. The model of educational process of personalizing students’ education is offered. The efficiency of the personalized e-learning ...
Technology vs. spirituality: On the meaning of education in the conditions of information and knowledge society
In everyday life, the words "information" and "knowledge" are often used to explain each other, which leads to tautology. In pedagogical literature, the situation is similar. Through comparing the notions of "information" and "knowledge", the author ...
Contemporary society as a post-industrial and technogenic one
This article focuses on contemporary society, which, in accordance with D. Bell’s concept, is post-industrial (and information) one. The author draws attention to Bell’s serious mistakes in the development of the concept – the use of only sociological and economic analysis and disregard of social philosophy. The author offers a scientific and philosophical substantiation ...
Digital World Communication аnd Translation
The introduction of digital computers, information and communication technologies (ICTs), and the Internet/Web has broadened the scope of communication globally in ways unprecedented in human history. The “digital world” implies more than the technical and instrumental aspects and usage ...
Political technologies and international conflicts in the information space of the Baltic Sea region
The information space of the Baltic region has gradually developed since the free exchange of cross-border messages was made possible by media technology and international law. The international conflict between Russia and some countries of the European Union ...
Quality of professional education in an information society
This paper presents a new approach to increasing the quality of profes-sional education in view of students’ personal characteristics affecting educa-tion results in an information society and considers the experience of its prac-tical application using special software. The authors propose a model and methodology for personalizing professional education making it possible to take into account the conditions of university ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
This article argues that the globalisation of markets and the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in the conditions of growing market turbulence and interdependence ...
Technogenic Tendency of Modern Society Informatisation Processes
... Нью-Йорк, 2006.
Д., Уледов А.
Государство и экология. М
The Coming of Post-Industrial Society. A Venture in Social Forecasting. N.
The Information Society as Post-Industrial Society.
informatisation, post-industrial society, social and natural approach,social, technical and natural system, techo-noosphere, technogenic society, technogenic
An use of information technologies in a system of knowledge control
The article dwells upon a problem of building the educational process in the informational society. А modern education requires continuous quality improvement of the educational process, оne of the bases of which is pedagogical knowledge control. The article is devoted to the problem of the use of information technologies in ...
Personalized learning in the information society
The paper presents a new approach, which improves the quality of train-ing of specialists in information technologies by considering the dominant special abilities to different lines of activity. It includes the scheme of the edu-cational process in high school. Authors focus on student's inherent special abilities as the dominant ones for the ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... P. Post-Capitalist Society. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 1993.
9. Hope J. and Hope T. Competing in the Third Wave. Harvard Business School, Boston, 1997.
10. Bozbura T. Knowledge Management Practices in Turkish SME’s // Journal of Enterprise Information Management. 2007. Vol. 20, № 2.
11. Stewart T. The Wealth of Knowledge: Intellectual Capital and the Twenty-First Century Organization. Doubleday, Random House Inc., U. S. A. 2001.
12. Tatand L. W. and Stewart H. Knowledge Management ...
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
... society], Izv. RAN, ser. Geogr. [Izvestiya RAN, Ser. Geographic], no. 3, p. 60 – 70.
9. Sokolova, A. A. 2006, Xristianskaya ojkonimiya Vologodskoj oblasti (opyt informacionno-geograficheskogo issledovaniya [Christian oikonymy Vologda region (geographic information and experience in the research journal], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no 3, p. 135 – 151.
10. Filimonova, I.Yu. 2005, Geograficheskie aspekty izucheniya konfessij [Geographical aspects of the ...
Lingvocultural Transfer: a Myth as a Meme
... of the cultural-historical dichotomy "communication-transfer", examining it from the point of views of the unit of cultural inheritance (meme). The author notes that for an individual, the most interesting memes are capable of transmitting information from a tradition to a tradition, from a generation to a generation, whereas the least attractive myths exist at the moment of communication and are unlikely to be replicate by other generations. The authors hold that a linguocultural transfer ...
The application of the Web 2.0 technology as a tool of developing informal media education
This article summarises the role of the Web 2.0 technology also known as social network services in the development of informal learning. This article offers a general description of non-formal and informal learning. Special attention is paid to blogging and the use of wki-resoruces as the most popular Internet tools. The author gives their general description and stresses ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... influence on the transformation of multiethnic population structure in the Kaliningrad region. The author uses official statistics (current statistics and census data), as well as interviews with the representatives of ethnic cultural associations as information sources. Special attention is paid to the migration features associated with different ethnic groups. The author identifies major reasons behind the incoming and outgoing movement of population. In the post-Soviet period the Kaliningrad region ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... regional levels, as well as at the level of corporate cooperation. The author reviews successful implementation of innovation projects within cross-border and transnational cooperation programmes. The most significant projects focus on the development of information and communications technologies in healthcare, the development of networks uniting innovation centres in the Baltic Sea region, and the transnational network of business incubators in the Baltic Sea region. The author identifies promising ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... Dmitriev, V. V. Boblakova, L. M. 2014, Integral'naja ocenka kachestva zhizni naselenija v regionah Rossii [Integral assessment of the quality of life in the regions of Russia], Informacionnye tehnologii i sistemy: upravlenie, jekonomika, transport, pravo [Information technology and systems: management, economics, law], Istomin, Е.P (ed.), sbornik trudov Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii «Infogeo 2014» [International scientific-practical conference "Infogeo 2014"], no. 3, St....
Development of Aland Islands: major trends and challenges
....fi/sv/laki/kaannokset/1991/en19911144.pdf (accessed 26 January 2013).
2. Posol'stvo Finljandii, Moskva. General'noe konsul'stvo Finljandii, Sankt-Peterburg. Obshhaja informacija o Finljandii [Embassy of Finland, Moscow. Consulate General of Finland, St. Petersburg. General information about Finland], 2013,
available at: http://www.finland.org.ru/public/default.aspx?nodeid=37009&contentlan=15&culture=ru-RU (accessed 26 January 2013).
3. Deryabin, Yu. S. 2009, Osobaja avtonomija potomkov vikingov [The special autonomy ...
Informal education for multi-age communities: The legal framework and development prospects
... the need to promote its development for supporting cultural continuity and socioeconomic development. Through analysing the legal framework of the modern development of education in Russia, the author identifies the legislative resource for promoting informal education in multi-age communities, which makes it possible to support educational initiatives aimed at stimulating a dialogue between generations.
1. Белозерцев Е. П. Онтологическая реальность современного ...
The formation of critical thinking in foreing language learning
... the formation and development of critical thinking skills in the process of foreign language learning. The formation of critical thinking is one of the main objectives of pedagogy since it ensures successful functioning of the individual in the modern information society.
1. Благодатин А., Лозовский Л., Райзберг Б. Финансовый словарь. М., 2009.
2. Коряковцева Н. Ф. Проверка владением чтением на иностранном ...
Managerial competencies required: a comparative analysis of Moscow and the Kaliningrad region
... factors is carried out to identify their status in the centre of an exclave region (Kaliningrad) and in Moscow. The study draws on the authors’ frame-based methodology (Rospatent No. 2012660535), which makes it possible to obtain objective empirical information on competency factors and their types. Sought-after competencies and their indicative structures were identified for each region. The findings are not only of theoretical importance but are well adapted for practical purposes, particularly,...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... region turned into a stage for geopolitical controversies. This took a toll on the efficiency of cooperation between the cities of Russia’s North-West and their Baltic counterparts. Therefore, it is important to seize the opportunities provided by the information society and focus on the innovative areas of regional cooperation. An interesting example is the partnership between Baltic universities, which is aimed to draw up an international agenda for sustainable regional development. Baltic cities ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... identifies the key problems and actual results of political communication in modern society. Considering the rise of populism, the author stresses that the current problems stem from changes in communicative interactions caused by the emergence of new information technologies. Special emphasis is placed on the formation of public space as the only realm where political discourse is produced legitimately. Another focus is the current ‘conflict of interpretations’ in regard to the markers and symbols ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... [Federal State Statistics Service], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 05 October 2010).
9. Musial, K.., (ed.). 2002, Approaching Knowledge Society in the Baltic Sea Region, Gdansk; Berlin.
10. Castells, M. 1997, The power of identity: the information age: economy, society and culture, Vol. 2, 2nd ed, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
11. Diamond, J. 2005, Guns, germs, and steel. The Fates of Human Societies, N. Y.
12. The role of Maritime clusters to enhance the strength and development in European maritime sectors, European Commission, available at: http://ec. europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/clusters_en. html (accessed 01 March 2011).
13. European ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
... municipality, «Gusev municipal district» on the 2009—16 years.], 2009, Gusev, 37 p.
9. Promyshlennye parki Latvii [Industrial parks in Latvia], Vneshmarket. Portal informacionnoj podderzhki vneshnejekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti [Vneshmarket. The portal of information support of foreign economic activity], available at:http://www.vneshmarket.ru/content/document_r_E5CD085C-3A3A-48BE-AC58-.BCC88981CC20.html (accessed 07 April 2012).
10. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2011: Stat. Sb....
Simulation technique in the mathematical theory of learning
... многокомпонентных систем // Вестник Тамбовского государственного технического университета. 2014. Т. 20, № 1. С. 17—26.
18. Mayer R. V. Assimilation and Forgetting of the Educational Information: Results of Imitating Modelling // European Journal of Contemporary Education. 2017. № 6(4). P. 739—747.
19. Mayer R. V. Imitating model of assimilation and forgetting of the logically connected information // International Journal of ...
“Russian people” in the literature and documents of the 19th century: an experience of linguistic portraiture
Sinyavina, N. V., 2017. History as a subject of reflection of Russian society in the first half of the 19th century. Kul’tura i obrazovaniye: nauchno-informatsionnyy zhurnal vuzov kul’tury i iskusstv [Culture and education: scientific and information journal of universities of culture and arts], 2 (25), pp. 31—38 (in Russ.).
Freeze, G., 2016. “To understand the Church means to understand people…” (Interview). Gosudarstvo, religiia, tserkov’ v Rossii i za rubezhom [State, religion,...
Big data in modern education
... Drive Cost Per Gigabyte // BackBlaze. URL:
(дата обращения: 07.11.2017).
8. Manyika J., Chui M., Farrell D. et al. Open data: Unlocking innovation and performance with liquid information. McKinsey Global Institute, 2013. URL:
(дата обращения: 07.11.2017).
9. O’Neil C. Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big ...
An “ideal city”, its statics and dynamics
... the biosphere has to be minimal. It means that the megalopolises should simultaneously be well supplied with their own renewable resources and to be well supplied with resources coming from the outside. The megalopolis inhabitants have to be well informed about the inside and outside metabolic processes. In conclusion the author claims the necessity of an interdisciplinary approach to designing and constructing an ‘ideal city’ model in Russia and everywhere. Such interdisciplinary research ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... comparative analysis used in Russia and abroad, the author proposes a methodology for evaluating scientific and technological potential in the context of regional and international comparison. The integral index is calculated on the basis of a customised information and statistical database of normalised indicators through the identification and convolution of subindices that characterise individual components of potential. These subindices include pecific indicators applied in different statistical systems,...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
The so-called “compression” of social and economic space has been the subject of quite a few studies in the past decades. There are two principle types of compression: communicative, that is, associated with the development of transport and information systems, and physical, manifested in the rapid decrease of the number of new territories to explore. While physical and communicative compression are interrelated, they have different spatial expressions depending on geographical conditions,...
Kant, Königsberg, and the Albertina. Excerpts from the letters of a Polish student
....Swiecicki’s surviving correspondence is kept in the library of the Poznan Society of Friends of Learning. All cited letters were addressed to Franciszek Malinowski (the father of the Polish linguist Franciszek Ksawery Malinowski). The letter of March 3, 1804 informing about Kant’s funeral is published in full. It is the only eyewitness account of the ceremony ever found in Polish sources.
1. Андреев А. Ю. Русские студенты в немецких университетах XVIII — ...
Electronic culture: a need for the interdisciplinary approach to the study
... и тенденции развития // Электронная культура: трансляция в социокультурной и образовательной среде. М., 2009.
electronic culture, screen culture, information society, sociological postmodernism, interdisciplinary approach
The forecasting of culture of trust in the agents of educational process at a university
... Professional Education. 2014. № 3.
5. Grebenuk T., Koniushenko S. The Report on the project 7 Framework Programme Marie Curie, Action People-IRSES, no. SIT 315879, Stimulators and Inhibitors of Culture of Trust in Educational Interactions Assisted by Modern Information and Com¬munication Technology Szczecin, 2014.
6. Kop R. Blogs and wikis as Disruptive Technologies // The Pedagogy of Life-long Learning. L. ; N. Y. ; Rutledge, 2007.
7. Loughran J. Teaching about Teaching: Principles and Practice // Teaching ...
Russian Kantianism and Neo-Kantianism of the beginning of the 20th century in the unpublished memoirs of A. A. Borovoi
The unpublished memoirs of the anarchist writer Alexei Borovoi (1875—1935) contain crucial information on Russian Kantianism and Neo-Kantianism. The article describes philosophical societies, discussions and philosophical biographies on the basis of archive records.
1. Боровой А. Париж был и остается замечательнейшим фактом моей биографии (Публикация С. В....
Cовременные технологии производства и их социокультурное и экономическое влияние на качество и безопасность продовольственных товаров
... длительного хранения.
This article focuses on the issues of maintaining the quality and ensuring safety of foodstuffs supplied for long-term storage to government reserves, which acquire a totally new function in the conditions of development of information society economy. The author analyses the problem of maintaining the quality and ensuring safety of foodstuffs in the course of storing and emphasizes the need to modernize the foodstuffs production in view of innovative achievements, including ...
Innovative education for the Baltic region: the experience of the Finnish-Russian Cross-border University
... yhteiskuntatieteissä. Tampere.
Lanko, D. A.
2010. Ost-West Contact: Das Wirtschaftsmagazin für Ost-West Kooperation, № 6, pp. 74.
2004. Cooperation and Conflict, № 3, vol. 39, pp. 317—331.
Vinogradova, S. M., Lanko, D. A.
2007. Information Society in the Baltic Sea Region. Saint Petersburg.
Waltz, K. N.
1979. Theory of International Politics. Englewood-Cliffs.
Peoples of the Baltic. [online]. Available at: <http://www.balticuniv.uu.se/index.php/films/76-peoples-of-the-baltic-film> ...
Königsberg Cathedral and Kant’s tomb in Soviet Kaliningrad
... different purposes (creation of a university library, construction of an observatory, a concert hall, or an open-air theater, etc.). The author cites documents about granting the Cathedral the status of a monument of cultural heritage. The article provides information about the physical condition of the Cathedral and Kant’s tomb in different years, including the materials of various relevant committees. The author describes the conservation, maintenance, and restoration of both objects. The history of ...
Discursive and media borders of criticism in arts (based on written materials in German)
In the information society, criticism assumes a special role in the system of genre and stylistic differentiation of media texts. The media culture of new generation is faced with the problem of studying the discursive characteristics of criticism of modern ...
Inter-organizational networks as seen by western economic sociology: An analysis of theoretical approaches
... Conditions and Social Mechanisms // The Academy of Management Review. 1997. Vol. 22, № 4. P. 911—945.
15. Kreiner K., Schultz M. Informal collaboration in R & D: The formation of networks across organizations // Organization Studies. 1993. Vol. 14. P. 189—209.... ... organizational behavior. Greenwich, 1990. P. 295—336.
24. Sik E. Network Capital in Capitalist, Communist and Post-Communist Societies // International Contributions to Labor Studies. 1994. Vol. 4. P. 73—93.
25. Sik E. From the Multicolored to the ...
The formation of the narrative and the performative in public communication
... public communications, to which the author is exposed, and a multitude of reasons that reflect in his or her mind external processes. All these factors and influences transmute in the course of text creation; the viewer/reader consumes ready-made information, which invariably bears an imprint of the author's habitus. When creating a text, the author conveys his or her desires and expresses his or her attitude to the chosen problem. This study aims to answers two questions. Can a narrative have ...
Integrated approach to the event frame analysis
... Hudson R. Inherent variability and linguistic theory // Cognitive linguistics. 1997. № 8—1. P. 73—108.
12. Fillmore C. The case for case I Ch. Fillmore II Universals in linguistic theory. N. Y., 1968. P. 1-88.
13. Fillmore C. Types of Lexical information I Ch. Fillmore II Semantics // An Interdisciplinary Reader eds. D. D. Steiberg, L. A. Jokolaits. Cambridge, 1971.
14. Fillmore C. An alternative to checklist theories of meaning // Proceedings of the Berkley Linguistic Society eds. C. Cogen,...
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... I. 1990, Vepsskij jazyk [Vepssky language]. In: Lingvisticheskij jenciklopedicheskij slovar' [Linguistic Encyclopedic Dictionary], Moscow, p. 82—83.
4. Informacionnye materialy ob okonchatel'nyh itogah Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2010 goda [Information materials on the final results of the National Population Census 2010], 2010, available at: https://quigonjinn04.appspot.com/www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/perepis2010/perepis_itogi1612.htm (accessed 12.12.2014).
5. Klementiev, Е. I. 1991,...
Population aging and the problems of the sandwich generation: Socioeconomic and psychological aspects
... is full»: Inter-generational relationships at midlife // Journal of Aging Studies. 2013. Vol. 27, No. 2. P. 102—112.
22. Lankford K. Caught in the middle // Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. 2011. No. 11. P. 71—76.
23. Marcén M., Molina J. A. Informal caring-time and caregiver satisfaction // European Journal of Health Economics. 2012. Vol. 13, No. 6. P. 683—705.
24. Minett C. Prevention better than cure for optimised active ageing // Quali-ty in Ageing and Older Adults. 2012. Vol. 13, ...