Urban planning of Russian urban districts: Practices, problems, solutions
This article analyses the reasons behind and consequences of the deficiency of urban areas in Russian towns and identifies the factors affecting the demand for territories associated with urban planning, which determine ... ....referent.ru/3/58417 (дата обращения: 29.05.2013).
8. Michael J. Wintle. Netherlands. Land. Relief. URL: http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/409956/Netherlands/35858/Land (дата обращения: 16.03.2013).
9. Наймарк ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... degradation: social and economic implications for sustainable development in peri-urban areas, Innovation and Sustainable Development, Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 232—249.
48. Salvati... ... southern Europe, Geojournal, Vol. 70, no. 2—3, p.185—194.
49. Sayas, J. P. 2006, Urban sprawl in the peri-urban coastal zones of Athens, The Greek Review of Social Research... ....2017).
52. Schubel, J. R., Carolyn, L. 2000, The Emergence of Megacities, Medicine and Global Survival, Vol. 6, no. 2, p. 107—110.
53. Small, C. 2004, Global population...
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
Research into the socio-spatial dynamics in Central-Eastern European cities is an im-portant area of contemporary transition studies. Open issues in this domain range from defining a theoretical framework to data availability and methodological approaches. As to the former aspect, recent literature focuses on the hybrid nature of the post-socialist urban space, which underwent transformation in the conditions of globalization and eco-nomic liberalization; the earlier model of spatial development changed dramatically as a result. The multi-scalar ...
An assessment of the role of green belts in creating comfortable microclimatic conditions in summer
Against the background of global warming and a decline in urban vegetation, they pose a danger of overheating in summer. In this article, we stress the significance of green spaces as a principal factor in reducing the overheating of urban surfaces. We analyse a high-rise residential area in the left-bank part of the city of Voronezh to perform a simulation of microclimatic conditions in summer. The following ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... States Ports, 2011, KPMG Baltics SIA, November, available at: www.kpmg.com/EE/et/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications (accessed 07.06.2015).
Lachininskii S., Semenova I.
global coastal city, St. Petersburg, Baltic region, ports, coastal region, global urban area, marine economy.
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... foreign markets. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in cultivated land area in the Baltic countries and the Kaliningrad region, and crop yields are growing... ... regional growth // Henderson J. V., Thisse J. F. (eds.). Handbook of regional and urban economics. Vol. 4 : Cities and geography. North Holland, 2004.
13. Balland P.-A... ... Boekholt P., Todtling F. The Governance of Innovation in Europe. Regional Perspectives on Global Competitiveness. L., 2000.
19. Cooke P. N., Heidenreich M., Braczyk H.-J. Regional...
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
1. Atkinson, R. 2010, Evroremont gradostroitel'noj politiki [Eurorepair urban policy], Territorija i planirovanie [Territory and planning], no. 2 (26), p. 21—29... ... razrabotki i napravlenija sovershenstvovanija [Regional Strategy: development practice and areas for improvement], Jekonomika megapolisov i regionov [Cities and regions of the... ... St. Petersburg 17—19 October, 2011, St. Petersburg, Leont'evskij centr, 152 p.
5. Global City Indicators Facility, 2011, available at: www.cityindicators.org/Default...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... of countries and regions, a lack of balance between the potential of leading cities, economic and settlement projections of global geoecological, geo-economic, and geopolitical processes, the scale and effect of transnational and transboundary contracts, and the changing images of coastal areas. This article analyses the trend towards the ‘drift’ of the demographic potential from the inland territories to the ... ... Demicheli, L., Sagris, V., Brezger, A. 2006, Are European Cities Becoming Dispersed? A Comparative Analysis of Fifteen European Urban Areas, Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 77, no. 1—2, p. 111—130.
2. Salvati, L. 2014, Looking at the future of the ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... (na primere g. Vol'ska Saratovskoj obl.) [Modern resource industry town: Living out area or project of social and political stability (for example, Volsk Saratov region)]... ... uslovijah mirovogo finansovogo krizisа [Economic problems of single-industry towns in the global financial crisis], Vestnik Rossijskogo Novogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Russian... ... Cockburn, L., Rosell, C. 2010, Not invited here? Innovation in company towns, Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 67, no. 1. p. 78—89.
32. Barnes, T. J., Hayter, R. 1994, Economic...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... innovation strategy to your innovation ecosystem // Harvard Business Review. 2006. № 84. P. 98—110.
33. Amin A., Thrift N. Globalization, institutional ’thickness’ and the local economy // Managing Cities: The New Urban Context / ed. by P. Healey, S. Cameron, S. Davoudi [et al.]. Chichester, 1995. P. 92—108.
34. Antonelli C. Collective ... ... problem of embeddedness // American Journal of Sociology. 1985. № 91. P. 481—510.
56. Hillery G. A. Definitions of Community: Area of Agreement // Rural Sociology. 1955. № 20(2). P. 111—123.
57. Hoover E. M., Giarratani F. An Introduction to Regional ...
The Swedish model of spatial planning: Functions, problems, and solutions
... plans: Regional plan, Municipal comprehensive plan, Detailed development plan, Special area regulations and Property regulation plan. Particular attention is paid to the influence... ... made evident and solutions are proposed. Swedish experience may be interesting to the urban and regional planners.
1. Чистобаев А. И., Красовская О... ... строительству и планированию. URL:http://www.boverket.se/Global/Webbokhandel/Dokument/2009/Boverket_sept_2009.pdf (дата обращения:...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
... Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2010, Transborder regionalisation in the conditions of globalization, Balt. Region, no. 4 (6), p. 103—115. doi: 10.5922/2079—8555—2010—4—10... ... Business School, p. 53—65.
17. Lundén, T. 2007, Border agglomerations in the Baltic area: obstacles and possibilities for local interactions, Geographica Helvetica, Vol... ... Cities, Berlin, Logos Verlag, p. 133—149.
19. Pikner, T. 2008, Evolving cross-border urban networks. Case studies in the Baltic Sea area, Nordia Geographical Publications...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... competitiveness of the entire system. Identifying the key elements of territorial capital is a global challenge faced by modern regional policy. I analyse the background for, and... ... possible way to embrace the approach that suggests concentrating resources on breakthrough areas, which makes it possible to put local growth points on the international map.... ... 301—319.
14. Bradford N. Place matters and multilevel governance: perspectives on a new urban policy paradigm // Policy Options. 2004. Febr. P. 39—44.
15. Brette O., Chappoz...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... potential of territories — is rapidly developing in Russia under the influence of global processes. Due to its unique geopolitical position, the Kaliningrad region is... ... successfully used in related fields, such as environmental and climate studies, geology, urban studies, and serve as rather efficient tools of analysing spatial objects and... ... s ispol'zovaniem GIS-tehnolgij [Assessment of the natural resource potential of the area using GIS tehnolgiya], Regional'naja ekologija [Regional ecology], no. 1, p. 17—23...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... shown that the potential and prospects of transboundary clustering are affected by both global integration and disintegration patterns, coastal infrastructure, geopolitical... ... 2008, Regionauts: The transformation of cross-border regions in Scandinavia, European Urban and Regional Studies, no. 15, p. 195—209.
11. Lundquist, K.-J., Trippl, M. 2011... ... Regional sea economic clusters as a basis for socioeconomic development of coastal areas, Transportnoe delo Rossii [Transport business in Russia], no. 6 (2), p. 40—42...