Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... «Zerich»], 1 February, available at: http://www.zerich. ru/news/prime-tass/fr/133186/ (accessed 25 December 2012).
26. Pol'sha i Litva podschitali zatraty na stroitel'stvo gazoprovoda v ES [Poland and Lithuania have estimated the cost of building a gas pipeline to EU], 2012, Lenta.ru, 10 February, available at: http://lenta. ru/news/2012/02/10/link/ (accessed 25 December 2012).
27. Mogut postroit' gazoprovod iz Litvy v Pol'shu [Can build a pipeline from Lithuania to Poland], 2012, DELFI, 10 February,...
Economic and geopolitical aspects of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline
The Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project (NS 2) along the bottom of the Baltic Sea is aimed to increase gas supply from Russia to Germany and other EU countries. It serves mutual economic interests: the predicted growth in gas demand in the EU markets and the need to strengthen ...
The Functional and the Instrumental in Market Definition: a Laboratory for Natural Experiments in the Baltics
... that it is necessary to consider the determinants of a transaction to select the best structural alternative and to avoid choosing a wrong governance structure.
Shastitko A. E., Kurdin A. A.
market, transaction, modes of governance, hierarchy, gas, pipelines
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... po jekologicheskomu monitoringu morskogo uchastka rossijskoj sekcii gazoprovoda Nord Stream v sootvetstvii s trebovanijami Minprirody Rossii za 2012 god [The report on environmental monitoring of a sea site of the Russian section of the Nord Stream gas pipeline according to requirements of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Russian Federation for 2012], 2012, Ministerstvo Prirodnyh Resursov i jekologii Rossijskoj Federacii [The Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
This article considers the problems of competition and cooperation in the field of energy in the Baltic region, first of all, those related to the export of Russian oil and oil products, the Nord Stream gas pipeline, and the construction of nuclear plants in Poland, the Kaliningrad region, Lithuania, and Belarus. The author shows that, though Russia and the EU occasionally pursue opposite goals, there is considerable interdependence between them, and a confrontation ...
Lithuania's Lonely Leadership 2.0.
... Response to Changes on the European Gas Market, Warsaw, 54 p.
5. Nekrašas, E. 2009, Kritiniai nepamasttymai apie Lietuvos užsienio politika, Politologija, no. 2, p. 123—142.
6. Polish Foreign Minister says Lithuania cannot have both LNG terminal and gas pipeline to Poland, 2013, European Dialogue, 6 March, available at: http://www.eurodialogue.eu/energy-security/Polish-Foreign-Minister-says-Lithuania-cannot-have-both-LNG-terminal-and-gas-pipeline-to%20-Poland (accessed 01.03.2015).
7. Samoškaitė, ...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
... infrastructure, and population distribution patterns is very much in line with the interests and projects of large businesses. This change manifests itself in the development of port and logistics complexes, the port industry, the construction of offshore pipelines, more active offshore oil and gas production, the growing demographic potential of coastal cities, etc. This article aims to explore the localisation of large businesses in Russian coastal zones and to analyse the ‘coastalisation’ of the country’s largest companies. It is shown ...
Implementation persistent scatterers interferometry in MATLAB environment on a high performance computer cluster
.... № 3. С. 34—39.
12. Filatov A., Yevtyushkin A. Detection of ground surface displacements in area of intensive oil and gas production by InSAR data // Proceedings of the ESA Living Planet Symposium. Bergen, Norway. 2010. ESA SP-686. European Space ... ... Mashurov S. S., Dragunov A. G. Application of TerraSAR-X Data for Monitoring of Potential Landslide and Karst Areas in Railway and Pipeline Corridors// Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR-2010), 2010. Eurogress, Aachen,...
Socially efficient entry barriers?
... to show that the absence of entry barriers does not improve competition in certain markets. On the contrary, it may result in a decrease in social welfare. This is particularly true of capital-intensive goods, for instance, large diameter pipes for gas pipelines. Lack of proper competition in such sectors of the market necessitates entry barriers, for they help to achieve a separating equilibrium at the market. Since there are costs associated with creating a separating equilibrium, it is necessary ...