Social and cultural determinants in the perception of environmental risks: Douglas grid group analysis
This research aims to determine the characteristics of the perception of environmental risks using the case of a salt deposit in the Kaliningrad region as an example. To achieve this aim, the author analyzed the social and cultural determinants of the population. The grid-group analysis was used as a supporting technique for the identification ...
Effective risk communication as a factor in managing protests attitudes in a local community
Contemporary research into the perception of environmental risks suffers from poor knowledge of risk communication in the local community and of how different ways of risk communication affect protest attitudes. This study aims to clarify communication strategies and practices used by members of local communities ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... into the atmosphere and the negative impact of transport on the environment. The authors identify and characterize environmentally vulnerable parts of the city and developed principles of creating an automated system of health monitoring and control of environmental risks. The article offers a number of measures aimed at the reduction of environmental risks, better protection of public health and a more efficient environmental monitoring.
1. Avaliani, S. L., Revich, B. A., Zaharov, V. M. 2001. Regional'naya ehkologicheskaya ...
Features presentation of environmental risks in the media (for example, deposits of potassium salts in the village Nivenskoe)
This article analyses images of environmental risks using the village of Nivenskoe as an example. Relevance of the research is caused by the fact that modern control systems of technogenic and ecological safety are based on risk assessment methods. Since media play a most significant role in the ...
Environmental awareness of urban and rural residents
... more inclined to blame business for environmental problems, while Kaliningraders tend to blame the state. The author identified common features of environmental consciousness of the urban and rural residents: distrust of the information on environmental risks coming from business and the unwillingness to sacrifice safe and clean environment for improved living standards. The author offers recommendations to the Kaliningrad region authorities and to large businesses on the prevention of social ...
Resilience of cultural attitudes of local communities to risks: the «group / grid» model
The study focuses on the empirical test of the grid/group model applied to the actual perception of the environmental risks by the local community (the case of the potassium mine development in the village of Nivenskoe, the Kaliningrad region). It tests to what extent the structure of the theoretically constructed cultural types (hierarchist, egalitarian, individualist,...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... ekologicheskogo normirovaniya na osnove yevropeyskogo opyta upravleniya kachestvom podzemnoy gidrosfery [Modernization of the system of environmental regulation on the basis of the European experience of quality management of underground hydrosphere], Ustoychivost' ... ... vodosbornykh i pribrezhnykh territoriy; riski ikh ispol'zovaniya [Sustainability of water bodies, watersheds and coastal areas; the risks of their use], Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific Conference, Kaliningrad, 25-30 July 2011, p.443-448.
22. Khovanovm ...
Environmental condition as a factor affection the health of Saint Petersburg residents
... изменений. СПб., 1996.
9. Экологическая культура населения: взгляд петербуржцев / под. ред. А. И. Чистобаева ; СПб НЦ РАН, ВВМ. СПб., 2005.
10. Khudoley V. V. Environmental factors: car nogenic risk to humans and cancer incidence in St.-Petersburg // Proc. Jtern. Symp. Environm. Health Hazards in Central and Eastern Europe. Sosnowiec, 1994. P. 12.
Chistobayev A. I., Semyonova Z. A.
St.-Petersburg, Baltic region, population, environment,...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... current energy policy.
1. Lachininsky, S. S. 2013, Opyt of typology of geoeconomic risks [Experience typology geo-economic risks], Geografija i prirodnye resursy [Geography and natural resources]. no. 2.
2. Lachininskii, S. S. 2012, Current trends ... ... uchastka rossijskoj sekcii gazoprovoda Nord Stream v sootvetstvii s trebovanijami Minprirody Rossii za 2012 god [The report on environmental monitoring of a sea site of the Russian section of the Nord Stream gas pipeline according to requirements of the ...
The pattern of electromagnetic fields of industrial frequency in the central area of Kaliningrag city
... devices as an inevitable consequence of the modern scientific and technical progress, and at the same time poorly studied environmental impact factor. Research of current levels and spatial distribution of electromagnetic fields in Kaliningrad aimed ... ... and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the Minimum Health and Safety Requirements Regarding the Exposure of Workers to the Risks Arising from Physical Agents (Electromagnetic Fields) // Official Journal of the European Union, L184. 2004. Vol. 30, № ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... Vilnius, Technika.
40. Lupeikis, K. 2007. Minimal power. Vilnius.
41. Baltrėnas, P. (et al.). 2007. Oil product sorbents in environmental protection.Vilnius.
42. Rudzkienė, V. (et al.). 2007. Information models for assessment and management of development ... ... Luxembourg, Communities.
48. Olenin, S. (et al.). 2010. Pathways of Aquatic Invasions in Europe. In: Atlas of Biodiversity Risk. Sofia, pp. 138—139.
49. Olenin, S. (et al.). 2010. Newsletter of the IUCN/SSC Invasive Species Specialist Group, № ...
Macroalgae Suggested for Inclusion in the New Edition of the Red List of the Kaliningrad region
... et al. Red list of the algae in Poland // Red list of plants and fungi in Poland. Krakow, 2006. P. 35―52.
26. Sub-regional risk of spill of oil and hazardous substances in the Baltic Sea // Additional Study — Polish marine areas, 2011. Baltic Sea ... ... Small Rivers of the Pregolya River System in the Kaliningrad Region // V. A. Gritsenko [et al.]. Terrestial and Inland Water Environment of the Kaliningrad Region, The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. Vol. 65. Springer International Publishing AG ...
Ergonomics and the translation process
... M., 2007. Should office workers spend fewer hours at their computer? A systematic review of the literature. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 64, pp. 211—222.
Jastrzebowski, W., 2006. An outline of ergonomics, or the science of work based upon ... ...
Pym, A., 2013.Translation skill-sets in a machine-translation age. Meta, 58 (3), pp. 487—503.
Pym, A., 2015.Translating as risk management. Journal of Pragmatics, 85, pp. 67—80.
Risku, H., 2002. Situatedness in Translation Ttudies. Cognitive Systems ...
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
... values of ecosystem services, Foundation for Sustainable Development, Wageningen, the Netherlands.
8. Latvia MOE (Ministry of Environment), 2006, National report to the UNCCD, History of the convention and its ratification by Latvia.
9. Karklins, A. 2000,... ... Kaliningrad Region, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 6, no. 6, p. 7.
11. Jackowski, W. 1998, Assessment of soil erosion risk in Poland, available at:
% 20Poland.pdf ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Hubel, H., Gänzle, S.
2001. The Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) as a Sub-regional Organisation for ‘Soft Security Risk Management’ in the North-East of Europe: Report to the Presidency of the CBSS. 2001, 18 May.
Jakobi, A. P., Martens,... ...
Governance in the Baltic Sea Region: Balancing States, Cities and People. In:
Joas, M., Jahn D., Kern K.
Governing a Common Sea. Environmental Policies in the Baltic Sea Region. London, pp. 3—17.
Kristensen, G. N.
2010. Born into a dream: EuroFaculty ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Sovereign State, Routledge.
9. Di Paola, G., Shirreff, R., Heisbourg, F., Szatkowski, T., Keller, P., Tamnes, R. 2016, Alliance at Risk Strengthening European Defense in an Age of Turbulence and Competition, Atlantic Council.
10. Fisher, M. 2015, How World ... ...
26. Trends and Scenarios Exemplifying the Future of the Baltic Sea. Ecological Impacts of Not Taking Action, 2008, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency.
27. Zvidriņš, P., Berziņš, A. 2014, Demographic Development in the Baltic Sea Region, Political ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... of regions. Such areas have a denser population and develop more rapidly than inland regions. At the same time, the effect of environmental, socioeconomic, demographic, and political factors is often stronger than the influence of the sea. Thus, an inland ... ...
33. Blackburn, S., Marques, C. 2013, Mega-urbanization on the coast. In: Pelling, M., Blackburn, S. Megacities and the Coast: risk, resilience andtransformation, L., N. Y., p. 25—26.
34. Database Eurostat, available at: ec. europa.eu/eurostat/web/transport/data/database ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... khozyaistvo [Ocean, resources and economy], Leningrad, 189 p. (in Russ.)
21. North-West Department for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring, available at:
(accessed 17.07.2017) (in Russ.)
22.... ... Observation Network, Territorial Development and Cohesion, 2013, ESaTDOR European Seas and Territorial Development, Opportunities and Risks, report 25 April, available at: