The creation of a common EU energy market: a quiet revolution with far-reaching consequences
... common energy market in the EU. They analyse recent actions taken by the European Commission and the Court of Justice of the EU against its member states and energy monopolists who directly or indirectly breach the rules of competition in the energy sector. The authors come to the conclusion that liberalization of the European energy sector will eventually have serious theoretical and practical consequences for the EU, as well as third countries, including Russia.
1. Braun, J. 2011, EU Energy Policy ...
Lithuanian energy policy in 1990—2009 and the prospects of its development until 2020
This article considers the key stages of Lithuanian energy evolution since 1990 and the factors that affected the strategy of Lithuanian energy sector development in the period of preparation and accession to the European Union. The author offers the estimations and general strategic recommendations regarding national energy policy, which were developed by the specialists of the Lithuanian Energy ...
Research and technology agreements in the Norwegian concession system of the 1970s—1990s
... active cooperation with foreign companies. Norway’s successful experience could be applied by Russian state authorities in order to develop relations with foreign oil companies. These companies could take part in offshore exploration in the Russian sector of the Barents Sea through concluding similar agreements between Russian state institutions, and foreign oil and gas companies, which would give an impetus to the development of the technological component of Russia’s oil and gas sector. Research ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
This article examines cooperation in the electric energy sector in the Baltic region. The author explores the existing undersea HVDC power exchange projects. It is emphasised that cooperation in the electric energy sector is concentrated largely in the EU member states despite earlier plans to establish the ...
The assessment of the influence of energy industries on the economic development prospects and the social environment of the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
This article offers the results of research conducted in the Kaliningrad region in the framework of the "Development of Russian Energy Sector: Social and Environmental Consequences and Prospects" network project by the Centre for Advanced Studies and Education. The authors assess the structure of regional energy sector and its influence on the economy according to key parameters....
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
... obobshhajushhij doklad [Russia Energy Dialogue and the European Union. Eighth Progress Report], Brussels, October.
7. Dorozhnaja karta sotrudnichestva Rossii i ES v sfere jenergeti-ki do 2050 goda [Roadmap for cooperation between Russia and the EU in the energy sector by 2050], 2011, Moscow, 29 July, available at: http://minenergo.gov.ru/upload/medialibrary/652/6521c3074cbd19866612efa7d3caf28f.doc (accessed 17 March 2013).
8. Keohane, R. Power and Interdependence in a Partially Globalized World, 2002, New ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... Federacii [Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation], available at: http://minenergo. gov. ru/upload/iblock/d6f/d6fb1b2ad5fa7be6db 40215f7bc3 e5b6.pdf (accessed 20 March 2013).
17. Zverev, Yu. M. 2010, Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., no. 1(3), p. 31—40. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-1-5, available at: http://journals. kantiana. ru/upload/iblock/fb2/Zverev%20Yuri_31—40.pdf (accessed 10 March 2013).
18. Kretinin, G. V. 2011, The features of ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... is drawn to studies that assess major infrastructure — and thus political — projects aimed at a qualitative breakthrough in the socio-economic development of the countries under investigation. The scheduled multi-billion investments into energy sector are of political rather than economic nature. The projects to develop alternative power grids and high-speed railways can result in large-scale economic downturns diminishing the prospects of balanced social development. The author addresses the ...
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
.... ru/analysis/newsitem0B03A/default. asp (accessed 25 December 2012).
30. «Gazprom» i Litva obsudili perspektivy uregulirovanija spornyh voprosov v jenergetike [«Gazprom» and Lithuania discussed the prospects of resolving disputes in the energy sector], 2012, Gazprom, 20 December, available at:http://gazprom. ru/press/news/2012/december/article152232/ (accessed 25 December 2012).
31. On working meeting between Alexey Miller and Tapio Kuula, 2010, Gazprom, 9 February, available at: http://www....
Peat as Local Energy Source: Methodological Aspects
... Парламентская газета. 2005.
планирование: учебное пособие для вузов / под ред. Э. Ут
кина. М., 1998.
peat, biofuel, peat industry, energy sector
The dynamics of chiral cosmological fields in the canonical phantom model
... large scale structure. Cambridge, 2000.
5. Baumann D., Peiris H. Cosmological Inflation: Theory and Observations // Adv. Sci. Lett. 2009. Vol. 2. P. 105—120.
6. Costa F. E. M., Alcaniz J. S., Jain D. An interacting model for the cosmological dark sector // Phys. Rev. 2012. Vol. 85, № 10. URL:
(дата обращения: 04.04.2018).
7. Böhmer Ch. G., Caldera-Cabral G., Lazkoz R., Maartens R. Dynamics of dark energy with a ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
Guess, how much: Confidential Russian oil export // The Baltic Course.
Baltic Region, Russia, EU, energy sector, competition, cooperation, oil and oil product export, Baltic Pipeline System, Baltic Pipeline System 2, Nord Stream, Ignalina NPP, Baltic NPP
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
The article evaluates negative externalities of the electricity industry and possibilities for the sustainable development. The concept of negative externalities of the electricity industry and evaluation and internalization of the negative externalities are reviewed from the viewpoint of principles of environmental economics and sustainable development.
Arrow K. J. (1970). The organization of economic activity: issues pertinent to the choice of market versus nonmarket allocation. /...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... development of research and industrial potential of the country and aimed at creating the conditions for the development of science intensive industries, which extract a high surplus value, the authors consider the research and education and innovation sectors of the Republic of Lithuania — the closest neighbour of the Russian Federation in the North-West region. The analysis of competences of Lithuanian research and education sectors helped identify promising research and technology development areas ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... Ellen MacArthur Foundation and WRAP, Cowes.
10. Towards the Circular Economy. Economic and business rationale for an accelerated transition, 2012, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Cowes.
11. Towards the Circular Economy. Opportunities for the consumer goods sector, 2013, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Cowes.
12. Going for growth, a practical route to circular economy, 2013, Environmental Services Association (ESA), available at:
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
...., Rangaswamy, M. R. 2011, Jekologija — zolotaja zhila dlja biznesa [Ecology — a gold mine for business], Harvard Business Review (Russia), available at: http://hbr-russia.ru/article/2587 (accessed 15 May 2012).
8. Reid, A., Miedzinski, M. 2008, Sectoral Innovation Watch in Europe: Eco-Innovation (Final report), SYSTEMATIC Innovation Panel on ecoinnovation for sectoral innovation watch, available at: http://www.technopolis-group.com/resources/downloads/661_report_final.pdf/ (accessed 7 May 2012)....
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
38. Foreign Direct Investment in the United States: 2013 Report, 2013, Organization for International Investment, Washington.
39. Panibratov, A. 2011, From National Leaders to Global Players: Evidence from Russian MNEs in the High Technology Sector. In: Marinov, M., Marinova, S. (eds.), Internationalization of Emerging Economies and Firms, London, Palgrave MacMillan, p. 169-190.
40. Panibratov, A. 2013, The Influence of the State on Expanding Russian MNEs: Advantage or Handicap? Russie Nei ...
Management of Trans-boundary Water Resources: Comparing Russian and American Experiences
... Aastad 1998—2011, available at: http://www.envir.ee/1126098 (accessed 11 December 2012).
9. Yarygin, G. O. 2011, Prognozy razvitija uglevodorodnogo sektora jenergetiki Kanady i ego vozdejstvija na okruzhajushhuju sredu [Forecasts for the hydrocarbon sector Energy of Canada and its impact on the environment], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta. Serija 6: Filosofija. Kul'turologija. Politologija. Pravo. Mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija [Bulletin of St. Petersburg University. Ser. 6: Philosophy. Cultural ...
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... cluster, 2011, available at: http://www.doingbusiness.ru/shipbuilding/clusters-business-sectors/shipbuildingcluster/item (accessed 31 May 2013).
7. ECOTEC Research & Consulting and El Konsult 2006, 2006, An exhaustive analysis of employment trends in all sectors related to sea or using sea resources. Country report — Estonia, C3135, August 2006, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/documentation/studies/documents/estonia_employment_trends_en.pdf (accessed 31 May 2013).
8. Filippov, P. ...
The historical aspects and current issues of the development of Russian-Lithuanian economic relations
... (1960—68)], the author's abstract of the dissertation, Moscow.
10. Pokazateli sostojanija otdel'nyh otraslej narodnogo hozjajstva i kul'tury Litvy za 1913, 1939 i 1940 gody (kratkaja statisticheskaja spravka) [Indicators of the performance of individual sectors of the economy and culture of Lithuania for 1913, 1939 and 1940 (with a statistical summary)], 1969, Vinius.
11. Kyuberis, P. 1953, Promyshlennost' Sovetskoj Litvy [Industry Soviet Lithuania], Vinius.
12. Objasnitel'naja zapiska k hozjajstvennomu ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... Literature Review, Journal of East Business, Vol. 20, no. 4. P. 198—224.
8. Tepavcevic S. The motives of Russian state-owned companies for outward foreign direct investment and its impact on state-company cooperation: observations concerning the energy sector // Transnational Corporations. 2015. Vol. 23, no. 1, p. 29—58.
9. Liuhto, K. 2017, Does Ownership Matter in an OFDI Decision of a Russian Firm?: The Case of Russia’s 10 Largest Investors Abroad. In: Liuhto, K., Sutyrin, S., Blanchard, J-M. ...