The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... and CIS countries, are closely related to the energy industry of the Russian Federation. Trying to allow for this circumstance, EU leaders and energy structures took a number of organizational measures aimed, on the one hand, at an increase in energy independence of new members of the EU and, on the other hand, at taking into account the recent trends in the energy market development. The research shows that most of the initiatives do not take into account the perspective and interests of Russia, ...
Nuclear power in the Baltic Sea region: the history of emergence and the political and economic features of its development
..., and application of nuclear power. In the Baltic States, nuclear power dates back to the Soviet times, but its development was suspended pursuant to the EU regulations (the Ignalina NPP). Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia have been striving for energy independence from Russia — the principal supplier of energy carriers to these countries. For a long time, the three Baltic States have been proclaiming their unanimity on the general European path of development. However, the reality proved to be different....
Lithuania on the way to energy independence: an experience or a lesson?
The article considers the steps taken by Lithuania towards gaining energy independence in the interbellum and the Soviet periods. The author analyses the peculiarities of the republic's energy policy after achieving independence in the early 1990s and estimates the methods of diversifying energy supply in Lithuania.
The use of renewable energy sources in the Kaliningrad region: Current state and prospects
... направления политики повышения энергоэффективности и План действий на 2008—2012 гг. для Калининградской области. TACIS —Technical Assistance for the Commonwealth of Independent States (Техническая помощь Содружеству Независимых Государств). URL: www.tacisinfo.ru (дата обращения: 13.11.2013)
13. Рагузина Г.А. Потенциал, рентабельность ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
aes-i-sinhronizatsii-504-383489#ixzz2k4P1WBmS (accessed 11.08.2013).
19. Gribauskajte ob jenergonezavisimosti: Litve ostalos' proderzhat'sja paru let [Grybauskaitė on energy independence: Lithuania remained to hold a couple of years], 2013, Delfi, available at: http://ru.delfi.lt/news/politics/gribauskajte-ob-energonezavisimosti-litve-ostalos-proderzhatsya-paru-let.d?id=61659973 (accessed 18.06.2013).
20. Visagino atominės ...
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... Investment Reports, 2015, UNCTAD (2000-2015), available at: http://unctad.org/en/pages/diae/world%20investment%20report/wir-series.aspx (accessed 11.06.2015).
46. Usborne, D. 2012, FBI raids suspected hi-tech front company run by ‘Russian agent’, Independent, 04.10.2012, available at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fbi-raids-suspected-hitech-front-company-run-by-russianagent-8196616.html (accessed 20.07.2015).
47. Vahtra, P. 2005, Russian Investments in the CIS: Scope, Motivations ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
... state. However, unlike the above mentioned countries, its relations with Russia are developing at a more pragmatic level. Numerous political differences often result in economic losses both for Latvia and Russia. Despite the fact that Latvia has been an independent state for more than 20 years, there are still some unresolved issues in its relations with Russia. Today, relations between the two countries are often viewed through the prism of EU — Russia relations. Nonetheless, they often do not fit ...
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
....sustainability-index.com/07_htmle/indexes/overview.html (accessed 17 May
15. NERAX Eco — semejstvo jekologicheskih fondovyh indeksov [NERAX Eco — a family of stock indexes of environmental], Nezavisimoe Jekologicheskoe Rejtingovoe Agentstvo [Independent Ecological Rating Agency], available at: http://nera.biodat.ru/ecoind/ (accessed 17 May 2012).
16. Sostojalsja kruglyj stol «Indeks ustojchivogo razvitija — Buduwee social'no otvetstvennogo investirovanija v Rossii» [Round table «Index ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... Foreign Acquisitions and International Joint Ventures, Journal of Management, Vol. 35, no. 4, p. 928—953.
21. Majocchi, A., Strange, R. 2012, International Diversification: The Impact of Ownership Structure, the Market for Corporate Control and Board Independence, Management International Review, Vol. 52, no. 6, p. 879—900.
22. Barroso, C., Villegas, M., Perez-Calero, L. 2011, Board Influence on a Firm’s Internationalization, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Vol. 19, no. 4, p. 351—367....