The resistance of the greater Baltic region states to market cycle changes
... compared to GDP cycles of the US and the EU, which are the main financial centres. To understand the reasons, the sectoral structure of GDP is additionally considered. The results allow the author to classify of GBR countries according to the structure of economic sectors and the stability of the regional economy.
Baburin, V. L.
market cycles, GDP dynamics, sectoral structure, stability, sensitivity
Particularities of the ratification of the European Fiscal Compact in Germany
This article analyses legal issues relating to the German ratification of the Treaty on Stability, Coordination and Governance in the Economic and Mon-etary Union. The author analyses the key decisions of the Federal Consti-tutional Court of Germany on this issue. Special attention is paid to the need to implement some of the Treaty provisions as the core problem of the ratifica-tion ...
New stages of the excessive budget deficit procedure for the EU member states and the assessment of their effectiveness
... (Full Court) of 13 July 2004. Case C‑27/04 // EUR-Lex. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.10.2017).
9. Communication from the Commission. Reinforcing economic policy coordination: Communication COM/2010/0250 final // EUR-Lex. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.10.2017).
10. History of the Stability and Growth Pact // European Commission. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.10.2017).
11. Louis, J.-V. The review of the Stability and ...
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
... powers to a supranational level in the hope that the ECB has sufficient resources and experience to increase the transparency, stability and security of the EU banking sector.
1. Европейский банковский орган : [официальный ... ... European Parliament and of the Council Text with EEA relevance // Official Journal. 2014. L 173. P. 190—348.
9. Hirsch W. Law and Economics. Academic Press, 1999.
10. Lautenschläger S. The European banking sector — growing together and growing apart. Speech ...
Objective and subjective reasons for crisis of Russian economy
... of Russia including Kaliningrad region. One could find substantiation of forming new financialeconomic model as long-term development program for Russia.
1. Макиавелли Н. Князь. Минск, 2000.
Kuznetsova I. S.
economic crisis, economic policy, stabilization fund, world market, domestic industry, Special economic zone.
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... privileges to produce goods for the national market will receive government support for reequipment. Effective use of the allocated funds would require setting up a regional programme identifying priority areas of regional economic development thus ensuring economic stability. There is also a need to support companies ensuring the economic — including food — security of the region.
1. Analiz hozjajstvujushhih sub#ektov i opredelenie trebovanij k ih jekonomicheskim harakteristikam na osnove balansovoj modeli ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
The article describes the results of an integral assessment of the regional social, environmental and economic systems (SEES) and the quality of life (QOL) in the regions of Russia’s Northwestern Federal District (NWFD). This ... ... effect of priorities within and between groups of assessment parameters. Another important result is the identification of ‘stability limits’, when regions retain their QOL whereas their regional environmental characteristics change. The proposed methodology ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... (na primere g. Vol'ska Saratovskoj obl.) [Modern resource industry town: Living out area or project of social and political stability (for example, Volsk Saratov region)], Vlast [Power], no. 4, p. 11—12.
5. Verdikt professionalov [Verdict of professionals],... ... 1 (8), May, p. 4.
6. Gureeva, М. А. 2011, Jekonomicheskie problemy monogorodov v uslovijah mirovogo finansovogo krizisа [Economic problems of single-industry towns in the global financial crisis], Vestnik Rossijskogo Novogo universiteta [Bulletin ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... This article is a preliminary study without any claim to completeness. Further research will seek to present the findings obtained in more detail.
Lachininskiy S. S.
economic security, geo-economic uncertainty, Saint Petersburg, Leningrad Region, economic stability, competitive advantages, innovations
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
... that is widely used by politicians nowadays. The definition of the concept of sustainable development is constantly revised. Sustainable development is about promoting an integrated approach. It includes economic, social and environmental objectives. Economic objectives include growth, efficiency and stability. The main purpose of the article is to analyze the influences of corruption on sustainable economic growth. The impact is decreasing continuously and the main reason behind this is the change in peoples’ attitude and saturation to ethically ...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... understanding historical progress of countries and in forecasting their future economic prospects. The Nordic countries are connected with the Baltics through culture, history, politics, and economy. These states have a common interest of ensuring stability, security, and welfare in the Baltic region. This article strives to answer the question as to why the Nordic model of economic development is acclaimed internationally for the effective use of national and external resources, which is not the case in the Baltics. The Nordic and Baltic national models demonstrate that similar financial and economic performance does not ...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
... terrestrial ecosystems: local surprises and global change. / In: W. C. Clark and R.E. Munn. (Eds.).
Sustainable Development of the Biosphere.
- Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
Holling, C. S. (1973). Resilience and stability of ecological systems. // Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics.
No 4. P. 1-23.
Hurwicz, L. (1999). Revisiting Externalities. // Journal of Public Economics Theory.
Vvol. 1. Nr. 2. P. 225 – 245.
Kapp K. W. (1950). The Social Costs of Private Enterprise. Cambridge.
Keppler, J. H. (1998) Externalities, fixed costs and information. // KYKLOS.
Vol. 51. P. 547 – 563.
The development of municipal authorities' financial independence
... results of municipal reform, analyses the budgetary policy of the Kaliningrad region, and identifies the problems of formation of local budget revenues. The author described the methods to improve budgetary policy, which could level the differences in economic and social development of municipalities and solve the problem of stability and independence of local budgets.
1. Об областном бюджете на 2010 год и плановый 2011 и 2012 годы : закон Калининградской области № 402 от 21.12.2009. [Электронный ...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
. (accessed 23.09.2016).
15. Porter, M. 2005, Konkurentnoe preimushchestvo: Kak dostich' vysokogo rezul'tata i obespechit' ego ustoichivost' [Competitive advantage: How to obtain a high result and to provide its stability], Moscow, 454 p. (In Russ.)
16. Raizberg, B. A. 2010, Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie ekonomicheskimi i sotsial'nymi protsessami [State management of economic and social processes], Moscow, 384 p. (In Russ.)
17. Soldatova, S. E., Voloshenko, K. Yu. 2016, Identifying and modeling the participation of regional agro-industrial sector producers in value chains, Upravlencheskoe konsul'tirovanie [Administrative ...
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... established population distribution systems and the demographic trends in regional development. It is suggested in the paper that the overcoming of spatial heterogeneity should be considered at the regional level from the perspective of improving the stability of district population distribution systems and strengthening organisational and economic ties between urban and rural areas. The author issues a number of recommendations for overcoming the spatial differentiation and ensuring a balanced development of district population distribution systems.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja ...
Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region
... Kuznetsov, A. V., Chetverikova, A. S. 2009, Problemy rossijsko-pribaltijskih jekonomicheskih svjazej [Problems of Russian-Baltic economic ties], Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [World Economy and International Relations], no. 7, p. 73—81.... ... columbia. edu (accessed 8 September 2011).
10. Kuznetsov, A., Chetverikova, A. and Toganova, N. 2011, Investment from Russia stabilizes after the global crisis, IMEMO-VCC Report, 23 June, available at:http://www. vcc. columbia. edu (accessed 2 August ...
National monetary policy and the role of banks in increasing its efficiency
...., Hakenes H. The politician and his banker — How to efficiently grant state aid //Journal of Public Economics. 2012. Vol. 96, iss. 1—2. P. 218—225.
18. Hanson S. G., Stein J. C. Monetary policy and long-term real rates // Journal of Financial Economics. 2015. Vol. 115, iss. 3. P. 429—448.
19. Jokipii T., Monnin P. The impact of banking sector stability on the real economy // Journal of International Money and Finance. 2013. Vol. 32. P. 1—16.
20. Kurov A., Stan R. Monetary policy uncertainty and the market reaction to macroeconomic news // Journal of Banking & Finance. 2018. Vol. 86. P....
Comparative analysis of students’ collective consciousness in the Russia-EU and Russia-China border regions: mathematical modelling
Given the unique diversity of Russian regions, regional studies are becoming particularly important for ensuring the stability and development of Russia. There is an extensive body of literature on the economic and social characteristics of Russian regions, their types and ranking whereas the study of collective consciousness requires further attention. It is the collective consciousness that shapes human activity, the results of which largely determine ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
....ru/index.php/ru/netzwerke-und-cluster-de.html (accessed 9 December 2012).
21. Drigo, M. F. 2007, Formirovanie territorial'no-promyshlennyh kompleksov v uslovijah jekonomicheskoj stabilizacii regiona [The formation of industrial complexes in terms of economic stability in the region], Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom [Management in Russia and abroad], no. 3, p. 76—86.
22. Yermolenko, V. V. 2010, Intellektual'nye resursy i mezhdunarodnoe sotrudnichestvo v jekonomike znanija [Intellectual resources and international ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... economic transformation undergone by the Baltic States. The first stage is characterised by a combination of transformation and modernisation whereas the second - by transformation accompanied by a number of destructive trends in the economy. The current economic model demonstrates limited stability, partly due to deliberately severed economic ties with Russia.
1. Fedotova, V. G. 1997, Modernizacija «drugoj» Evropy [Modernization of the "other" Europe], Moscow, 255 p.
2. White, S. 2014, Evropejskij Sojuz, Vostochnaja Evropa ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
... by internal political and economic dynamics and by external actors. The aim of this research is to analyse the political and economic factors that influence the cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the Black Sea area by means of comparative approach,... ...
The Historical Structure of Conflicts in the Baltic Area and the Long — term National Interests of Russia // Knudsen O. F. Stability and Security in the Baltic sea Region, Russian, Nordic and European Aspects.
Russia’s energy geostrategy in the Baltic Sea region
... a similar geographical location and history. The dynamic development of the region as a whole is strongly influenced by the stability of energy supply in each state. The article analyses the role Russia plays in the energy policy of the region from both ... ... iss. 5, p. 851—853.
15. McGovan, F. 2012, Can European Union’s Market Liberalism Ensure Energy Security in a Time of «Economic Nationalism»? Journal of Contemporary European Research, Vol. 4, no. 2, p. 100—102. 16. Zeleneva, I. V. 2010, Geostrategiya ...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
... electoral volatility was mainly due to the sluggishness and inertia of the previous territorial organization. After the phase of stabilization, the electoral volatility indices in different geographical areas changed due to a combination of social and political ... ... p. comparative analysis], PhD tes., Rossijskij `ekonomicheskij universitet im. G. V. Plehanova [Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics], Saratov. (In Russ.)
12. Zhukovsky, I. I. 2010, Stanovlenie partijnoj sistemy Respubliki Pol'sha [Formation of party ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... hozyajstvennyh territorij i ih struktur (na primere Bajkal'skogo regiona) [Complex geographic information mapping of administrative and economic territories and their structures (on the example of the Baikal region)], PhD thes., Novosibirsk, 99 p. (In Russ.)
15.... ... recommendations about performance of assessment of quality of the environment about a condition of live sushchestvo (assessment of stability of development of live organisms in the level of asymmetry of morphological structures), 2003, Moscow, 35 p. (In Russ....
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
For many years, the Baltic Sea region stood out for its remarkable stability. The dramatic changes following the end of the Cold War did not have a profound effect on the territory. However, Russia's ... ... Federacii» [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 06.08.2014. № 560 "On the application of certain special economic measures in or-der to ensure the security of the Russian Federation"], 2014, Kremlin.ru. available at: http://www....