The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
... napravlenija razvitija ["The cultural component of the" social geography in modern Russia: genesis, characteristics and development priorities], Izvestija Rossijskoj akademii nauk. Serija Geograficheskaja [Russian Academy of Sciences. Geographic Series], no. 1, p. 3—18.
4. Saushkin, Yu. G. 1973, Jekonomicheskaja geografija: istorija, teorija, metody, praktika [Economic Geography: history, theory, methods, practice], Moscow, 559 p.
5. Zamyatina, N. Yu., Pilyasov, А. N. 2013, Rossija,...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... sotsial'noekonomicheskom razvitii territorii (na materialakh Kingiseppskogo rayona Leningradskoy oblasti) ["Seaside factor" in social and economic development of the territory (on materials of the Kingisepp district of Leningrad region)], Yantarnyy most. Zhurnal regional'nykh ... ... Druzhinin, A. G. 2008, Yug Rossii: integratsionnye prioritety v prostranstve Bol'shogo Prichernomor'ya [Southern Russia: integration priorities in the wider Black Sea area], Nauchnaya mysl' Kavkaza, no. 3, p. 23—30.
coastal zone, Human geography,...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Moskva-Leningrad, 348 p. (In Russ.)
23. Dobretsov, N. L., Kontorovich, A. E., Kuleshov, V. V. et all 2004, Strategy of social and economic development of Siberia: scientific foundations and the beginning of implementation. In: Strategii makroregionov Rossii: metodologicheskie podkhody, prioritety i puti realizatsii [Strategies for Russia's Macro-regions: methodological approaches, priorities and ways of implementation], Moscow, p. 479—592. (In Russ.)
24. Dergachev, V. A. 1989, Maritime complex of the Azov-Black ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
18. Sotsialno-ekonomicheskaya strategiya razvitiya Sankt-Peterburga do 2030 goda. Razvitie nauki i innovatsionnoy deyatelnosti [Socio-economic development strategy of St. Petersburg until 2030. Development of science and innovation], available at:
(accessed 01.03.2017). (in Russ.)
19. Audit Chamber: the growth of debts of the regions has a negative impact on the economy, 2016, Parlamentskaya gazeta [The Parliamentary Newspaper], Nov. 3, p. 2. (in Russ.)
20. St. Petersburg ...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
.... Dezhina, I. G. 2010, Menjajushhiesja prioritety mezhdunarodnogo nauchno-tehnologicheskogo sotrudnichestva Rossii [Changing priorities of international scientific and technological cooperation between Russia], Ekonomicheskaja politika [Economic policy], no. 5, p. 143—155, available at: www.iep.ru/files/text/policy/2010_5/ dezgina.pdf (accessed 08 April 2013).... ... [International scientific and technological cooperation: the nature, content and form], Problemy razvitija territorii [Problems of development of the area], no. 1 (47), July — September 2009, p. 22—30.
14. Ivanter, V. V., Kuzyk, B. N. 2005, Budushhee Rossii: ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Lithuania : Resolution on the approval of the programm on the implementation of the priority areas of research and (socio-cultural) development and innovation (smart specialisation) and their priorities 30 Apr. 2014 № 411, Vilnius. URL:
(дата обращения: 15.04.2018).
24. Grennes T. The economic transition in the Baltic countries // J. of Baltic Studies. 1997. № 28 (1). P. 9—24.
25. Gulati R., Gargiulo M. Where ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... describes the results of an integral assessment of the regional social, environmental and economic systems (SEES) and the quality of life (QOL) in the regions of Russia’s Northwestern... ... of the regional SEES and QOL in 2006, 2009, 2012, and 2013 in view of the effect of priorities within and between groups of assessment parameters. Another important result... ... ecological capacity of the territory in the assessment of the sustainability of its development], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 4, p. 166—180.
The population of the Kaliningrad region and the digital economy: a sociological analysis
... economy, Natsional’nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost’ [National interests: priorities and security], no. 10, p. 1960—1979 (in Russ.).
18. Sheremetyeva, E. N... ... the 5th Annual International Conference on Social Science and Contemporary Humanity Development (SSCHD 2019), p. 76—80. doi:
https://doi.org/10.2991/sschd-19.2019.32... ... economy, Vestnik Altaiskoi akademii ekonomiki i prava [Bulletin of the Altai Academy of Economics and Law], no. 1—2, p. 166—173 (in Russ.).
23. Kalmus, V., Opermann, S...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
6. Bocharova, L. K. 2010, Razvitie morskogo hozjajstva Rossii v Arktike: utochnenie strategicheskih prioritetov [Development of marine economy of Russia in the Arctic: refine the strategic priorities], candidate dissertation thesis, Moscow.
7. Voytolovsky, G. K. 1973, Geografija morskih putej i promyshlennogo rybolovstva ... ... transporta [Geography of Maritime Transport], Moscow.
12. Zalogin, B. S. 1984, Jekonomicheskaja geografija Mirovogo okeana [The economic geography of the world Ocean], Moscow.
13. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitija primorskih regionov ...
Innovative development priorities of the major coastal agglomerations of the European part of Russia
The innovation development dynamics of coastal regions is under the growing influence of the agglomeration factor and the coastalization factor,... ... agglomerations in the socio-economic and innovation-technological space of the sample regions and determines the development priorities in the aspect of prominent innovation demand and its role in the regional innovation strategy. It is revealed that ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... coastal territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities of development of coastal zones taking into account the changes in the strategic situation in order to maintain the components of ... ... zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the economic development of these territories in the complex approach. The research methodology is based on the assessment of marine ...
The foreign policy of Poland and the Kaliningrad region in 1989—2012
... press articles) sources. The authors also use the system and decision analysis methods. The analysis covers the period after 1989, when the geopolitical changes brought about by the collapse of the Yalta-Potsdam order resulted in Poland redefine the priorities of its foreign policy. One of the most important challenges for the Polish diplomacy after 1989 was the development of economic and political relations with the Russian Federation. Cross-border cooperation between Poland and the Kaliningrad Region is conducted, inter alia, through euroregional structures functioning in the border areas. The analysis of this issue is vital ...
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
... economic observations, economic description, structural and logical analysis, and systems analysis. Perhaps the most significant finding is the description of a methodological framework for sustainable development theory, as seen by major schools of economic thought. Studying the experience of the Baltic Sea countries in creating a new finance model of responsible investment helped detect national features and development priorities that can be used in Russia in devising the ideology, principles, and mechanism of green growth and sustainable growth financing.
1. Brundtland, G. H. 1987, Our common future: Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development,...
An economic complexity analysis of the Kaliningrad region: identifying sectoral priorities in the emerging value creation paradigm
The ongoing technological development leads to the emergence of a new value-creation paradigm that calls for changes and structural transformations in economic systems at different levels. Structural transformations are prompted by growing economic complexity. In this context, the selection of industrial strategies and the validation of key regional industrial policies is of paramount importance. Economic ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regiona: matematiko-metodicheskoe obespechenie i ego eksperimental'naya aprobatsiya [Identification of priorities for socio-economic development of the region: mathematical and methodological support and its experimental approbation], Moscow. (in Russ.)
6. Voronina,... ... brink of a problem in the focus of transformations], Saratov, 150 p. (in Russ.)
7. Mezhevich N., Kretinin G., Fedorov G. 2016, Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 11—21. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-3-1....
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... and transnational cooperation programmes. The most significant projects focus on the development of information and communications technologies in healthcare, the development... ... (accessed 10 September 2012).
6. Final cluster analysis. Identification of cross-border economic clusters in transborder region of St. petersburg, Leningrad region and Ida-Virumaa... ... 2012).
12. Baltic Sea Region INTERREG III B Neighbourhood Programme INTERREG III A Priorities. Project Compendium (2004—2007), Priority North, 2007, Riga.
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg has a special mission in delivering national development priorities, ensuring sustainable economic growth, and commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation in the corporate sector, including investment potential and propensity to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies to employ investment ...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
... rated by the Russian Business Channel. Another objective of the study is to identify large businesses’ industrial and regional priorities in the maritime economy and investigate how they are transformed under the influence of geopolitical and geo-economic factors. Amid active Eurasian integration, which includes the Greater Eurasia project, big businesses are spurring the development of maritime economic complexes and the formation of sea-land economic structures, including cross-border ones. The study identifies which ...
Attitude to economic development issues as a feature of the sociological profile of the population in the Smolensk region border areas
... population and the political elite of the region regarding the main vectors of economic development. The findings of the opinion polls can construct the sociological portrait of the region.
Katrovskiy A. P., Fesunova O. D.
The Smolensk region, economic development priorities, territorial interests, the Russian-Belarusian border area
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
... socio-economic and innovation system. The study determined the digitalization of economic entities of the Republic of Crimea. The innovation distribution in the region... ... the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol is identified to be in the early development phase.
1. Апатова Н. В., Курочка Д. Н. Механизмы... .... Porter M. E. U. S. Competitiveness 2001: Strengths, Vulnerabilities and long term priorities / / Council on competitiveness. Washington, 2001. P. 35—86.
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... Petersburg, 264 p.
9. Vypiraylo, A. 2011, Prioritetnye napravlenija sovershenstvovanija gosudarstvenno-chastnogo partnerstva [Priorities for improving public-private partnerships],
Vestnik Intitituta jekonomiki RAN [Bulletin of the Institute of Economics], no. 4, p. 303—311.
10.Dulzon, А. А. 2014, Uspeshnost' upravlenija proektami: problemy, ocenka, vozmozhnosti [The ... ..., p. 292— 302.
11. Zhusupov, S. D. 2011, Sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija morskih portov Rossii [State and prospects of development of Russian ports], Transport Rossijskoj Federacii
[Transport of the Russian Federation], no. 6 (37), p. 36—39.
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... competitiveness and management assessment of the country’s regions. It also requires the development of common approaches to sel ection criteria, competition indicators and... ... and improvement of the competitiveness of Latvia’s regions. The authors describe priorities and tools for regional innovative development and analyze conditions affecting... ... Competitiveness Report 2001—2002. Executive Summary: Competitiveness and Stages of Economic Development, New York, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
3. Boronenko, V. 2009...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
..., which was dubbed the ‘greatest migration crisis in Europe’. The conclusion is that the European Union succeeded in the development of pioneering legislation on irregular immigration, which can serve as the basis for reception by other states. However, changes in the political and economic situation in the EU’s southern borderlands made the current legal mechanisms incapable of withstanding new threats.... ....eu/assets/Publications/Risk_Analysis/Annual_Risk_Analysis_2015.pdf (accessed 09.06.2015).
2. Communication from the Commission on Policy priorities in the fight against illegal immigration of third-country nationals, Brussels, 19.7.2006, 2006, COM, no. 402 final,...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... prostranstvennoj jekonomiki [Institutional space in the concept of spatial economics], Prostranstvennaja ekonomika [Spatial economics], no. 1, p. 5—21.
4. Pravila plavanija po vnutrennim vodnym putjam Rossijskoj Federacii sportivnyh parusnyh sudov ... ....html (accessed 25 August 2013).
5. Razvitie turizma v Kaliningradskoj oblasti — odno iz prioritetnyh napravlenij [Tourism development in the Kaliningrad region — one of the priorities], The Ministry of Tourism of the Kaliningrad region, available at: http://tourism.gov39.ru/news/?ELEMENT_ID=2344 (accessed ...
The ethnopolitical movement as a vehicle for nationalism institutionalisation in modern Latvia
... contributed to the independence of the modern Republic of Latvia. The study aims to identify how much the movement influenced the development of ethnic nationalism, which has become essential to statehood and the identification of politics. It continues to ... ... manifestos has been carried out to trace changes in the Popular Front’s ideological vision. It is shown that the shift in priorities that took place during the 1988—1991 struggle for Latvia’s political and economic independence led to a non-democratic political regime. Particular attention is paid to the movement’s proposals concerning ...