The unification of economic activity concepts in education: the legal aspect
This article analyses civil and educational legislation as to the use of concepts pertaining to economic activities in education. Special attention is paid to the concepts of economic, entrepreneurial, and profit generating activities, as well as the criteria of its implementation in the field of education. The author emphasizes the need to standardize these ...
Trends in the development of economic activity in the Kaliningrad region in 1992 – 2010.
The author identifies the periods of foreign economic activity (FEA) development in the Kaliningrad region in 1992-2010 taking into account the effect of economic crisis. The article offers most typical characteristics of each stage, as well as the reasons behind the current trends in foreign trade development....
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... prioritetnym vidam jekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti [Scenario forecast of formation and use of labor resources of the Kaliningrad region, taking into account the relative cost-effectiveness of different options for the development of the region in priority economic activities], 2014, Report on research work, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
22. Federal'naja celevaja programma razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti na period do 2020 goda [The federal target program for the development of the Kaliningrad
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... region], Sever i rynok: formirovaniye ekonomicheskogo poryadka [North and Market: Formation of Economic Order], T. 3, no.31, p. 117.
4. Kolomak, Ye. A. 2014, Prostranstvennaya kontsentratsiya ekonomicheskoy aktivnosti v Rossii [Spatial concentration of economic activities in Russia], Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika [Spatial Economics], no. 4, p. 82—99.
5. Savelyev, Yu. V., Tolstoguzov, O. V. (eds.) 2015, Osobennosti sotsial'noekonomicheskogo razvitiya i modernizatsii prigranichnogo regiona [Features of the socio-economic ...
An economic complexity analysis of the Kaliningrad region: identifying sectoral priorities in the emerging value creation paradigm
... possible to capture accurate and comprehensive data on international and interregional trade. Based on the EC analysis theory and practice, the study involved the development of methods, algorithms, and software to form a source database and measure economic complexity. The findings may guide the use of EC analyses in regional policies. The article suggests activities for sequential upgrading of the industry in the Kaliningrad region. These activities will facilitate the development of the existing and new capabilities, improve the business environment, and increase the complexity of products, productions,...
The diagnostics of regional asymmetry of innovative development of small enterprises
The subject of this study is the influence of area factors on the innovation activities of small enterprises. The main theoretical aspects of regional asymmetry of economic development are analyzed. The article presents the author’s method of assessing regional asymmetry of small enterprise innovation development and the mechanism of its diagnostics tested in the case of the regions of the Northwestern Federal ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... 2007, Strany Severnoj Evropy: naukoemkij tip razvitija [Countries of Northern Europe: knowledge-intensive type of development], Economist, no. 10, p. 29—40.
26. Sala-i-Martin, X. 2011, Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, 2011, Geneva, World Economic Forum.
27. Indikatory innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti 2012 [Indicators of innovative activity 2012], 2012, Moscow, GU-VShE.
28. Shelyubsky, N. 2001, Kosvennye metody gosudarstvennogo stimulirovanija innovacij: opyt Zapadnoj Evropy [Indirect methods of the state stimulation of innovations: experience of Western Europe], Problemy teorii ...
The functional approach to managing regional foreign economic activity
This article reveals the specific features of the transformation of functional approach when characterizing the multi-level system of functioning and
managing of foreign economic activity (FEA). The author describes the adjustment of traditional management functions (planning, organization, motivation and control) to current trends of FEA development through the example of the Kaliningrad region.
Legal regulation of activities in the Arctic in the context of sanctions
The article explores the sanction factor impact on the legislative framework regulating Russian and European joint economic activities in the Arctic. The fundamental documents on the joint projects with the European Union get analyzed in the context of the sanction factor. The paper focuses on changes in the legislative framework for Russian — EU joint activities, as well ...
Investment attractiveness of Russian enterprises from the perpsective of transnational corporations
... хозяйства: учеб. пособ. М., 2006. C. 376.
5. Bartlett C. A., Ghoshal S., Beamish P. W. Transnational Management // Text, Cases, and Readings in Cross-Border Management. 5th ed. Irwin, 2008. P. 840.
6. Dunning J. H. Trade, Location of Economic Activity and the Multinational Enterprise // B. Ohlin, P.-O. Hesselborn, P. M. Wijkman (eds.). The International Allocation
of Economic Activity. London, 1977. P. 395—418.
7. Hymer S. The Large Multinational Corporation // An Analysis of Some Motives ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... Kaliningrad region. The study uses the cohort component method, scenario-based forecasting of the development and application of human resources, and econometric calculations of the comparative efficiency of human resources application across a range of economic activities. The author puts forward a number of recommendations for a better application of labour resources through sectoral restructurization of economy (which requires a higher value-added standard and has to be consistent with local natural, human,...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... [Landmarks of Economic Thought, T. 6, International Economics], Moscow, TEIS, p. 549—581.
12. Porter, M. 2003, Konkurencija [Сompetition], Moscow, Izdatel'skij dom «Vil'jams».
13. Shastitko, A. Ye. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Baltic Region, no. 2, p. 7—25. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-2-2.
14. Bergman, E., Feser, E. 1999, Industrial and Regional Clusters: Concepts and Comparative Applications, Morgantown, Regional Research Institute,...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
... electricity industry and evaluation and internalization of the negative externalities are reviewed from the viewpoint of principles of environmental economics and sustainable development.
Arrow K. J. (1970). The organization of economic activity: issues pertinent to the choice of market versus nonmarket allocation. / In: Public expenditures and policy analysis.
Baarsma, B.; Lambooy, E. (2005). Valuation of externalities through neo-classical methods by including ...
Fiscal policies stimulating private investment in the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad region
... Valuation: A Total System Approach to Valuing the Firm. 1st ed. Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999.
21. Rawley T., Gup B. The Valuation Handbook: Valuation Techniques from Today's Top Practitioners. New Jersey, 2010
Kharin A. G., Tomkovich A. V.
special economic zone in the Kaliningrad region, investment activity, special fiscal policies, investment indicators
Localization of large business in coastal zones as a factor of transboundary clustering (on the example of the European part of Russia)
... operations), and (to a lesser extent, mainly Black Sea coast) with the implementation of certain recreational projects. Localization of large business (its head offices, branches, individual enterprises) is also conditioned by the general trend for economic activities, infrastructure and population to get advanced to the sea (some parts of the coast), which serves as one of the significant factors (and indicators) of economic activity, and cross-border clustering. Focusing on the most important seaports ...
The development of small innovative enterprises through harmonising economic interests
... [Analysis of the economic interests of small businesses], Jekonomicheskie nauki [Modern economic journal], no. 12, p. 185—188.
13. Shulgin, D. B. 2010, Soglasovanie jekonomicheskih interesov uchastnikov innovacionnyh processov [Harmonization of the economic interests of participants in the innovation process], Innovacionnaja dejatel'nost' [Innovative activities], no. 2,
14. Laske, S. 2009, Unternehmensinteresse und Mitbestimmung, Zeitschrift für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht, no. 8 (2), p. 173—200.
15. Clemens, W. 1983, Unternehmungsinteresse, Frankfurt/M, Europäische Hochschulschriften....
Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations
This article aims at explaining the clustering of economic activity using instruments of new institutional economics, taking into account well-known descriptive characteristics of the cluster, as well as recent developments in research on hybrid institutional agreements, primarily, the research conducted by ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
... accession to the WTO and its possible implications is quite difficult to attain, it is both theoretically and practically feasible.
1. Vardomsky, L. B., Skaterschikova, Ye. Ye. (eds.). 2010, Vneshnejekonomicheskaja dejatel'nost' regionov Rossii [Foreign economic activity of Russian regions], Мoscow.
2. Tatarkin, A. I., Linetsky, А. F. 2009, Osobennosti i problemy integracii ekonomiki Rossijskoj Federacii v mirovoe hozjajstvo [Features and problems of Russian Federation economic integration to the world economy],...
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
... amid the post-2014 geopolitical turbulence. Economic and statistical methods are used to highlight the irregularity of the economic and settlement patterns across Russia’s coastal borderlands, in their water and land areas. It is shown that Russian economic and military activities have clustered there to create 14 ‘strongholds’, including two emerging ones. The current confrontation between Russia and the West is accompanied by the country’s growing maritime presence, particularly in its western borderlands, the ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... planning tools: assessment of applicability of the existing legal framework to water relations; territorial development and strategic planning; and possible distribution of authority between different governing bodies in this new field of administrative activity.
1. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Perspektivy povyshenija konkurentosposobnosti morehozjajstvennogo kompleksa v uslovijah razvitija mirohozjajstvennyh svjazej [Prospects of improving the competitiveness of the complex marine economic development in world economic relations], Dissertation for the degree of candidate of economic sciences, Moscow, Sovet po izucheniju proizvoditel'nyh sil (SOPS).
2. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Regional'nye morehozjajstvennye klastery kak osnova social'no-jekonomicheskogo ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
... the research and technological potential development of the region, as well as a low level of development of the innovative activity in the Kaliningrad region in general and compared to the Baltic Sea region states. The authors also focus on the prerequisites ... ... potenciala regionov Rossii [Integral assessment of innovation potential of Russian regions], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology],
no. 2, p. 134—145.
2. Voloshenko, K. Ju. 2011, Metodicheskie osobennosti sravnitel'noj ocenki innovacionnogo ...
Prospects for the development of the Kaliningrad region in the Eurasian Economic Union
Given the new geopolitical situation, increasingly more attention is paid to the further development of the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad region within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU). The author examines the future of the exclave within the EEU. The article contains an assessment of the EEU’s activity in the context of the sanction policy imposed by certain countries.
1. Информационный портал «Калининград. ru». 2016. URL:
St Petersburg Business Information Centres and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities
... the state for its regions. The current trends in world economy and the geopolitical situation formulate new goals and objectives for regions and suggest the creation of innovative and universal mechanisms to increase the efficiency of international economic activities, promotion of a positive image of Saint Petersburg and other regions of the Russian Northwest. The article analyses the activities of Saint Petersburg business information centres abroad, similar experience of other Russian regions, and prerequisites ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... identifying aggregate proportions of the exclave’s economy in the transitional period of the special economic zone (SEZ) functioning. The key method of analysis is the comparison of data on the generation of gross regional product and regional foreign economic activities (including export and import of goods and moving goods from/into the Kaliningrad region to other Russian regions). It results in a conceptual CFMER, which is assessed as of 2011. The availability of additional — as compared to a regular region ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
..., abstracts of the 1th Union Conference, Kaliningrad, 1983, September, p. 25—32.
17. Limanno-ust'evye kompleksy Prichernomor'ja. Geograficheskie osnovy hozjajstvennogo osvoenija [Liman and Estuarine systems of the Black Sea. Geographical bases of economic development], 1988, Leningrad.
18. Malinina, Yu. V. 2010, Osobennosti morskoj dejatel'nosti v sovremennyh uslovijah i ocenka negativnyh posledstvij ot povyshenija morskogo urovnja v XXI stoletii [Features of maritime activities in modern conditions and assessment of the negative effects from rising sea levels in the XXI century], candidate dissertation thesis, St. Petersburg.
19. Сommunication from the Сommission to the European parliament, the council, the European ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... php/Russia-EU_ _basic_ statistical_ indicators/ru (accessed 20 March 2013).
7 Vneshnejekonomicheskaja strategija Rossijskoj Federacii do 2020 goda [The external economic strategy of the Russian Federation till 2020], 2008, Minjekonom razvitija [the Ministry of Economic Development], Moscow, available at:http://www. economy. gov. ru/minec/activity/sections/foreigneconomicactivity (accessed 15 March 2013).
8. Gazoprovod «Severnyj potok» zarabotal na polnuju moshhnost' — otkrytie vtoroj vetki priurochili k jubileju Putina [Pipeline «Nord Stream» is on full power— opening a second ...
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... globalizācijas apstākļos [Improving the competitiveness of the regional economy as its active adaptation in the context of globalization.], Daugavpils, Akadēm. apg. „Saule”.
10. Schastitko, A. E. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Baltic region, no 2, p. 7—25. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-2-2, available at: http://journals. kantiana. ru/upload/iblock/23a/Shastitko. pdf (accessed 12 March 2012).
11. European Innovation Scoreboard (EIS),...
Methodological approaches to studying the socio-psychological aspects of business activities
... предпринимательства: попытка теоретической интерпретации понятия. Тюмень, 2004.
3. Шумпетер Й. Теория экономического развития. М., 1982.
entrepreneurship, motivation, economic activity, motives for entrepreneurship, psychological characteristics of entrepreneur, social and psychological aspects of entrepreneurship, function of entrepreneurial motive.
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... multi-level spatial system. The proposed system is applied to a complex analysis of coastal territories of the Russian Baltic, the estimation of a socio-economic factor of coastal zone marine potential, as well as recommendations for long-term planning of the economic development of Russia’s coastal zones of the Baltic Sea and the organization of marine activities. This methodology can help to identify a role of coastal territories in the economy and reflect perspectives and directions of strategic development of coastal zones, and sea industrial and port facilities of the Russian Federation.
Environmental intensity of economic growth in the Baltic Sea region
... main constraints is the threat of complete exhaustion of non-renewable resources and environmental pollution exceeding the capacity of the planet. However, the rapid spread of resource-saving technologies is reducing the environmental intensity of economic activities. In this study, I aim to examine the ecological-economic dynamics of the environmental effects of economic development in the regions of Russia’s North-Western Federal District (NWFD). I employ an extended version of Peter A. Victor’s model ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... http://innocentr-samara.ru/files/Klastery%20v%20regionlnoy%20economike. pdf (accessed 03.11.2014)
11. Kolosovsky, N. N. 1947, Proizvodstvenno-territorial'noe sochetanie (kompleks) v sovetskoj jekonomicheskoj [Production and territorial combination (complex) in Soviet economic geography], Voprosy geografii [Questions of geography], no. 6, p. 133—168.
12. Kuznetsov, О. P. 2014, Modeli processov rasprostranenija aktivnosti v setevyh strukturah [Model of the propagation of activity in network structures]. In: XII Vserossijskoe soveshhanie po problemam upravlenija [XII All-Russian Conference on Control Problems], Moscow, 2014, 16—19 June, p. 3897—3907, available at: http://vspu2014.ipu.ru/proceedings/prcdngs/3897.pdf ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... Petersburg Business Information Centres and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 45—57. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-4.
11. Bazhenov, Yu. N., Podshuveit, O. V. 2012, Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 4, no. 1, p. 52—59. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-6.
12. Baransky, N. N. 1980, Nauchnye printsipy geografii ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... prodolzhaetsja [Russian multinationals: the expansion continues], Mirovaja jekonomika i mezhdunarodnye
otnoshenija [World Economy and International Relations], no. 3, p. 118—121.
26. Shastitko, A. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 7—25. DOI:
27. Gorkin, A. P., Smirnyagin, L. V. 1979, A structural approach to industrial systems in different social and economic environment. In: Hamilton,...
The basic trends in the development of bilateral trade between the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions
... Официальный сайт Национального статистического комитета Республики Беларусь. URL: http://belstat.gov.by
Sergievich N. F.
cross-border cooperation, interregional cooperation, foreign economic activity, commodity circulation, balance coefficient, correlation coefficient.
Some aspects of the theory of network structures as a mechanism of innovative activity management
... акторы и изменение политической системы мира.
: www.risa.ru/cosmopolis/archives/3/lebedeva.html (дата обращения: 02.06.2009).
Mezhevich N. M., Zhabrev A. A.
network structures, innovative activities, innovative network structures, regional innovation
systems, social exchange theory, resource dependence theory, organisational sociology theory, new institutionalism,
revolutionary economics, French economic institutionalism, network economy, network society.
The Functional and the Instrumental in Market Definition: a Laboratory for Natural Experiments in the Baltics
... problem of market boundaries and the resultant position and behaviour of a company — an object of antimonopoly regulation — it is necessary to consider the hypothesis about the market being a special mechanism for coordinating interactions between economic entities. In particular, such determinants of transactions as asset specificity, uncertainty, and frequency can create a basis for abandoning the price mechanism. Williamson’s heuristic models suggest that if an activity is characterized by high specificity, uncertainty, and frequency, the very organisation of this activity precludes transaction cost minimisation through the price mechanism employed either in full or in part (hybrid institutional agreements)....
The implementation of the federal economic policy in the Kaliningrad region
... federal economic policy is one of the most important tools for an effective social and economic development of such a unique region as Kaliningrad. The article describes the main stages of its formation over several decades and offers an assessment of the activities of the federal government. The author highlights the main challenges associated with the new political and economic reality that the region faces now.
1. Богданенко П. П. Калининградская Особая экономическая зона: результаты и эффективность деятельности // МИР (Модернизация....
On the governance of enterprenueral activity
... Management and Entrepreneurship. New Delhi, 2008.
28. Mohanty S. K. Fundamentals of Entrepreneurships. Delhi, 2005.
29. Thorstein V. The Theory of Business Enterprise. N. Y., 2005.
entrepreneurship, entrepreneur, entrepreneurial activity, economic activity
The role of the river Rhine in the formation of spatial structure of the economy of European countries (1st century BC — 19th century AD)
This article considers the main historical stages of formation of spatial economic structure of the European countries, parts of whose territories lie within the Rhine basin. The analysis covers a protracted ... ... basin countries. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the identification of the periods of increased activity in the formation of spatial structural communications of the states mentioned. The author applies the historical-descriptive ...
The problems of development of small enterprises within furniture industry in the conditions of a special economic zone
This paper examines the activity of small enterprises in the Kaliningrad region using the example of furniture industry. The author identifies the factors affecting their development in a special economic zone
предпринимательство в Калининградской области: стат. сб. / Территориальный орган Федеральной службы государственной ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... obsuzhdeniju proekta
strategii razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti do 2020 goda i na bolee otdaljonnuju perspektivu) [Marine spatial planning and ICZM methodology: Does Russia in them (to
the discussion of the draft strategy of development of maritime activities to 2020 and to a more distant prospect)], Juridicheskij mir [Legal World], no. 2, p. 31—37.
7. Ghoghoberidze, G. G. 2009, Baltijskoe more: primorskie regiony i ih morehozjajstvennyj potencial [Baltic Sea: coastal regions and marine economic potential],
Jekonomicheskie strategii [Economic strategies], Vol. 11, no. 8, p. 150—155.
8. Ghoghoberidze, G. G., Domnina, А. Yu. 2010, Vozmozhnye konflikty mezhdu vidami morskoj dejatel'nosti v akvatorijah rossijskoj chasti jugo-vostochnoj ...
The special legal treatment of investment activity in the Kaliningrad region
... таможенной процедуры свободной таможенной зоны. [Электронный ресурс]. Доступ из справ.-правовой системы «Консультант Плюс».
Nilov K. N.
investment activity, special legal treatment, investment project, investment statement, special economic zone, resident benefits
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
... regions in the Russian Federation], Regional'naja jekonomika: teorija i praktika, no. 25, p. 27—34.
2. Dvorcova, E. N. 2011, Otechestvennyj i zarubezhnyj opyt upravlenija hozjajstvom pribrezhnyh territorij [National and international experience of economic management of coastal areas], Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom, no. 2, p. 48—55.
3. Pahomov, A. 2010, Strategija razvitija vneshnejekonomicheskogo kompleksa Rossijskoj Federacii [The development strategy of foreign economic complex of the
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
... the general picture of the cyclic spatio-temporal dynamics of innovations in coastal agglomerations, and reveals the role of economic clusters, as well as the nature of coastal component’s influence in achieving innovative development and metabolism ... ... the intra-system mechanisms to compensate for the reduction of codified knowledge flows in the Rostov agglomeration via the active clustering of innovation sector, accompanied by the dynamics of tacit knowledge and the shrinking of its spatial imbalances....
Criminalisation of economic offences
... Российской Федерации : федер. закон Рос. Федерации от 21.07.2014 г. № 277-ФЗ // СЗ РФ. 2014. № 30 (ч. 1), ст. 4278.
criminal policy, criminalisation, decriminalisation, crimes in the sphere of economic activity
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
... Business Channel. Another objective of the study is to identify large businesses’ industrial and regional priorities in the maritime economy and investigate how they are transformed under the influence of geopolitical and geo-economic factors. Amid active Eurasian integration, which includes the Greater Eurasia project, big businesses are spurring the development of maritime economic complexes and the formation of sea-land economic structures, including cross-border ones. The study identifies which national coastal zones are most attractive to Russian large businesses. Special attention is paid here to the Baltic Sea and ...
The formation of a risk management system for projects in the field of aquaculture innovative development in the Kaliningrad region: a case study
... innovative development projects, which expands the conceptual framework of risk management in view of the specific risks relating to economic development projects in the field of aquaculture. The authors characterize modern methods and approaches to risk management ... ... offer mechanisms for risk management of aquaculture development projects, which make it possible to include risk management activity in the general context of activities of parent project organizations. The authors develop the concept and principal scheme ...
Foreign lobbying as an instrument of defense cooperation between Poland and the United States
... has ambitions to take the leading position in the security area among the Baltic States. The Polish leadership sees an additional advantage in expanding military cooperation with the United States, regarding it as a jumping board to accelerating its economic and technological development. This article examines a mechanism underlying defence cooperation between the US and Poland, i.e. lobbying Poland’s interests in another state. This allows Warsaw to actively promote its interests in the US. The research methodology employed includes the periodisation of Polish lobbying activities in the US and an empirical study of lobbying based on analysis of original documents, many of which have been analysed ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
. (accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
33. EU cross-border cooperation programs Russia, available at:
(accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
34. CBC Programme EU — Russia. Ministry of Economic Development ofRussia, available at:
(accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
35. Rumyantsev, P. Marshruty druzhby: Latviya EHstoniya Rossiya [Routes of the friendship Latvia Estonia Russia], available at:
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... evaluates the development of tourism and recreation in the border regions of northwestern Russia at the beginning of the 21st century. The article identifies factors hindering tourism development and suggests measures to stimulate tourism as a regional economic activity.
1. Abramova, T. 2011, Problemy I perspektivy turistskoj industrii v Rossii [Problems and prospects of tourism industry in Russia], Vestnik Instituta economiki RAN [Bulletin of the Institute of Economics], no. 4, p. 193—208.