The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... strategii Rossii do 2035 g. Migratsionnaya strategiya Rossii [Proposals for the Migration Strategy of Russia until 2035 Migration Strategy of Russia], Moscow, Center for Strategic Research. 25 September 2017, available at:
2035-goda/ (accessed 05.10.2020) (in Russ.).
45. Varshaver, E. A. 2020, Foreign labor migrants in Russia amid a pandemic and economic crisis. In: Gurevich, V. S. and Kolesnikov, A. V. (eds.) Monitoring ekonomicheskoi situatsii v Rossii: tendentsii i vyzovy sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya [Monitoring the economic situation in Russia: trends and challenges of social and ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... region], Sever i rynok: formirovaniye ekonomicheskogo poryadka [North and Market: Formation of Economic Order], T. 3, no.31, p. 117.
4. Kolomak, Ye. A. 2014, Prostranstvennaya kontsentratsiya ekonomicheskoy aktivnosti v Rossii [Spatial concentration of economic activities in Russia], Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika [Spatial Economics], no. 4, p. 82—99.
5. Savelyev, Yu. V., Tolstoguzov, O. V. (eds.) 2015, Osobennosti sotsial'noekonomicheskogo razvitiya i modernizatsii prigranichnogo regiona [Features of the socio-economic ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... prioritetnym vidam jekonomicheskoj dejatel'nosti [Scenario forecast of formation and use of labor resources of the Kaliningrad region, taking into account the relative cost-effectiveness of different options for the development of the region in priority economic activities], 2014, Report on research work, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
22. Federal'naja celevaja programma razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti na period do 2020 goda [The federal target program for the development of the Kaliningrad
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... http://innocentr-samara.ru/files/Klastery%20v%20regionlnoy%20economike. pdf (accessed 03.11.2014)
11. Kolosovsky, N. N. 1947, Proizvodstvenno-territorial'noe sochetanie (kompleks) v sovetskoj jekonomicheskoj [Production and territorial combination (complex) in Soviet economic geography], Voprosy geografii [Questions of geography], no. 6, p. 133—168.
12. Kuznetsov, О. P. 2014, Modeli processov rasprostranenija aktivnosti v setevyh strukturah [Model of the propagation of activity in network structures]. In: XII Vserossijskoe soveshhanie po problemam upravlenija [XII All-Russian Conference on Control Problems], Moscow, 2014, 16—19 June, p. 3897—3907, available at: http://vspu2014.ipu.ru/proceedings/prcdngs/3897.pdf ...
The development of small innovative enterprises through harmonising economic interests
... [Analysis of the economic interests of small businesses], Jekonomicheskie nauki [Modern economic journal], no. 12, p. 185—188.
13. Shulgin, D. B. 2010, Soglasovanie jekonomicheskih interesov uchastnikov innovacionnyh processov [Harmonization of the economic interests of participants in the innovation process], Innovacionnaja dejatel'nost' [Innovative activities], no. 2,
14. Laske, S. 2009, Unternehmensinteresse und Mitbestimmung, Zeitschrift für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht, no. 8 (2), p. 173—200.
15. Clemens, W. 1983, Unternehmungsinteresse, Frankfurt/M, Europäische Hochschulschriften....
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
The article explores opportunities for the sustainable economic development of coastal territories in the Baltic Sea region (BSR) arising in blue economy sectors in the framework of digital transformation. The study argues that a more active commercialisation of territorial resources can facilitate the sustainable economic development of the BSR coastal territories, following digitally-driven innovations. The paper provides an overview of methodological approaches to territorial sustainability. It also assesses the 2009—2018 level of the socio-economic development ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... [Landmarks of Economic Thought, T. 6, International Economics], Moscow, TEIS, p. 549—581.
12. Porter, M. 2003, Konkurencija [Сompetition], Moscow, Izdatel'skij dom «Vil'jams».
13. Shastitko, A. Ye. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Baltic Region, no. 2, p. 7—25. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-2-2.
14. Bergman, E., Feser, E. 1999, Industrial and Regional Clusters: Concepts and Comparative Applications, Morgantown, Regional Research Institute,...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... identifying aggregate proportions of the exclave’s economy in the transitional period of the special economic zone (SEZ) functioning. The key method of analysis is the comparison of data on the generation of gross regional product and regional foreign economic activities (including export and import of goods and moving goods from/into the Kaliningrad region to other Russian regions). It results in a conceptual CFMER, which is assessed as of 2011. The availability of additional — as compared to a regular region ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... 2007, Strany Severnoj Evropy: naukoemkij tip razvitija [Countries of Northern Europe: knowledge-intensive type of development], Economist, no. 10, p. 29—40.
26. Sala-i-Martin, X. 2011, Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, 2011, Geneva, World Economic Forum.
27. Indikatory innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti 2012 [Indicators of innovative activity 2012], 2012, Moscow, GU-VShE.
28. Shelyubsky, N. 2001, Kosvennye metody gosudarstvennogo stimulirovanija innovacij: opyt Zapadnoj Evropy [Indirect methods of the state stimulation of innovations: experience of Western Europe], Problemy teorii ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
..., abstracts of the 1th Union Conference, Kaliningrad, 1983, September, p. 25—32.
17. Limanno-ust'evye kompleksy Prichernomor'ja. Geograficheskie osnovy hozjajstvennogo osvoenija [Liman and Estuarine systems of the Black Sea. Geographical bases of economic development], 1988, Leningrad.
18. Malinina, Yu. V. 2010, Osobennosti morskoj dejatel'nosti v sovremennyh uslovijah i ocenka negativnyh posledstvij ot povyshenija morskogo urovnja v XXI stoletii [Features of maritime activities in modern conditions and assessment of the negative effects from rising sea levels in the XXI century], candidate dissertation thesis, St. Petersburg.
19. Сommunication from the Сommission to the European parliament, the council, the European ...
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
... the research and technological potential development of the region, as well as a low level of development of the innovative activity in the Kaliningrad region in general and compared to the Baltic Sea region states. The authors also focus on the prerequisites ... ... potenciala regionov Rossii [Integral assessment of innovation potential of Russian regions], Region: ekonomika i sociologija [Region: Economics and Sociology],
no. 2, p. 134—145.
2. Voloshenko, K. Ju. 2011, Metodicheskie osobennosti sravnitel'noj ocenki innovacionnogo ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... prodolzhaetsja [Russian multinationals: the expansion continues], Mirovaja jekonomika i mezhdunarodnye
otnoshenija [World Economy and International Relations], no. 3, p. 118—121.
26. Shastitko, A. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 7—25. DOI:
27. Gorkin, A. P., Smirnyagin, L. V. 1979, A structural approach to industrial systems in different social and economic environment. In: Hamilton,...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... dejatel'nosti pol'skih «benzovozov» v 2012 godu — 160 mln. lit-rov rossijskogo topliva [Customs Service of Poland: Polish total activity "oil tankers" in 2012 — 160 million liters moat Russian fuel], 2013, Gosudarstvennyj pogranichnyj komitet ... ....by/press_center/international_news/16895/ (accessed 12 August 2013).
Sebentsov Alexander, Zotova Maria
exclave, cross-border economy, open economic zone, the Kaliningrad region
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... evaluates the development of tourism and recreation in the border regions of northwestern Russia at the beginning of the 21st century. The article identifies factors hindering tourism development and suggests measures to stimulate tourism as a regional economic activity.
1. Abramova, T. 2011, Problemy I perspektivy turistskoj industrii v Rossii [Problems and prospects of tourism industry in Russia], Vestnik Instituta economiki RAN [Bulletin of the Institute of Economics], no. 4, p. 193—208.
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... planning tools: assessment of applicability of the existing legal framework to water relations; territorial development and strategic planning; and possible distribution of authority between different governing bodies in this new field of administrative activity.
1. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Perspektivy povyshenija konkurentosposobnosti morehozjajstvennogo kompleksa v uslovijah razvitija mirohozjajstvennyh svjazej [Prospects of improving the competitiveness of the complex marine economic development in world economic relations], Dissertation for the degree of candidate of economic sciences, Moscow, Sovet po izucheniju proizvoditel'nyh sil (SOPS).
2. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Regional'nye morehozjajstvennye klastery kak osnova social'no-jekonomicheskogo ...
Fiscal policies stimulating private investment in the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad region
... Valuation: A Total System Approach to Valuing the Firm. 1st ed. Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999.
21. Rawley T., Gup B. The Valuation Handbook: Valuation Techniques from Today's Top Practitioners. New Jersey, 2010
Kharin A. G., Tomkovich A. V.
special economic zone in the Kaliningrad region, investment activity, special fiscal policies, investment indicators
St Petersburg Business Information Centres and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities
... the state for its regions. The current trends in world economy and the geopolitical situation formulate new goals and objectives for regions and suggest the creation of innovative and universal mechanisms to increase the efficiency of international economic activities, promotion of a positive image of Saint Petersburg and other regions of the Russian Northwest. The article analyses the activities of Saint Petersburg business information centres abroad, similar experience of other Russian regions, and prerequisites ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... multi-level spatial system. The proposed system is applied to a complex analysis of coastal territories of the Russian Baltic, the estimation of a socio-economic factor of coastal zone marine potential, as well as recommendations for long-term planning of the economic development of Russia’s coastal zones of the Baltic Sea and the organization of marine activities. This methodology can help to identify a role of coastal territories in the economy and reflect perspectives and directions of strategic development of coastal zones, and sea industrial and port facilities of the Russian Federation.
Economic activity of the leading religious organizations in Estonia
The confessional space of regions and countries is dynamically changing and acquiring new characteristics. But these changes and the factors that determine them are not fully reflected in academic research. One of the least studied topics is the economic activity of confessions. Estonia is one of the few countries in the Baltic region where religion has not been a public institution until nowadays, therefore it hasn’t provided access to the financial records of its religious organizations.
At the ...
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
... the general picture of the cyclic spatio-temporal dynamics of innovations in coastal agglomerations, and reveals the role of economic clusters, as well as the nature of coastal component’s influence in achieving innovative development and metabolism ... ... the intra-system mechanisms to compensate for the reduction of codified knowledge flows in the Rostov agglomeration via the active clustering of innovation sector, accompanied by the dynamics of tacit knowledge and the shrinking of its spatial imbalances....
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... specialization indices for each border region of the Northwestern Federal District. With their help, we were able to identify the spheres of interaction with the highest degree of cross-border specialization, and in particular foreign investment and business activities with the participation of foreign capital.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija. Ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Social and economic geography. Conceptual and terminological dictionary], Moscow.
2. Granberg, A. G. 2000, Osnovy regional'noj jekonomiki [Principles of Regional Economy], Moscow.
3. Zhabrev, A. A., Leontieva, А. N., Mezhevich, N. M. 2011, Razvitie prigranichnogo ...
An economic complexity analysis of the Kaliningrad region: identifying sectoral priorities in the emerging value creation paradigm
... possible to capture accurate and comprehensive data on international and interregional trade. Based on the EC analysis theory and practice, the study involved the development of methods, algorithms, and software to form a source database and measure economic complexity. The findings may guide the use of EC analyses in regional policies. The article suggests activities for sequential upgrading of the industry in the Kaliningrad region. These activities will facilitate the development of the existing and new capabilities, improve the business environment, and increase the complexity of products, productions,...
The diagnostics of regional asymmetry of innovative development of small enterprises
The subject of this study is the influence of area factors on the innovation activities of small enterprises. The main theoretical aspects of regional asymmetry of economic development are analyzed. The article presents the author’s method of assessing regional asymmetry of small enterprise innovation development and the mechanism of its diagnostics tested in the case of the regions of the Northwestern Federal ...
On the governance of enterprenueral activity
... Management and Entrepreneurship. New Delhi, 2008.
28. Mohanty S. K. Fundamentals of Entrepreneurships. Delhi, 2005.
29. Thorstein V. The Theory of Business Enterprise. N. Y., 2005.
entrepreneurship, entrepreneur, entrepreneurial activity, economic activity
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Nearly stagnating bilateral trade contributes little to the development of either side. The Baltics-Russian bilateral trade conducted within global value chains (GVC) and operations of multinational companies is much more resistant to geopolitical and economic shocks than traditional international trade. In particular, the accession of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania to the EU and NATO in 2004 and the introduction of reciprocal EU-Russia sanctions in 2014 did not curb GVC activities between Russia and the Baltics. The article discusses factors in the transformation of the Baltics-Russian GVCs amid COVID-19. The research aims to prove regionalisation as a viable prospect for the transformation of global value chains in ...
The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence
... amid the post-2014 geopolitical turbulence. Economic and statistical methods are used to highlight the irregularity of the economic and settlement patterns across Russia’s coastal borderlands, in their water and land areas. It is shown that Russian economic and military activities have clustered there to create 14 ‘strongholds’, including two emerging ones. The current confrontation between Russia and the West is accompanied by the country’s growing maritime presence, particularly in its western borderlands, the ...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
... market of international container transit in 2019 and its prospects, Rossiiskii vneshneekonomicheskii vestnik [Russian Foreign Economic Journal], no 9, p. 61—68. (in Russ.).
3. Governor of Kuban’: as part of the creation of the southern hub, the capacity ... ...
(accessed 20.04.2020) (in Russ.).
4. Antonenko, O. 2019, Latvian oligarch Aivar Lembergs came under US sanction. Port of Ventspils activities threatened, BBC: Russian Service, Riga, 10.12.2019, available at:
Trends in the development of economic activity in the Kaliningrad region in 1992 – 2010.
The author identifies the periods of foreign economic activity (FEA) development in the Kaliningrad region in 1992-2010 taking into account the effect of economic crisis. The article offers most typical characteristics of each stage, as well as the reasons behind the current trends in foreign trade development....
Legal regulation of activities in the Arctic in the context of sanctions
The article explores the sanction factor impact on the legislative framework regulating Russian and European joint economic activities in the Arctic. The fundamental documents on the joint projects with the European Union get analyzed in the context of the sanction factor. The paper focuses on changes in the legislative framework for Russian — EU joint activities, as well ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... obsuzhdeniju proekta
strategii razvitija morskoj dejatel'nosti do 2020 goda i na bolee otdaljonnuju perspektivu) [Marine spatial planning and ICZM methodology: Does Russia in them (to
the discussion of the draft strategy of development of maritime activities to 2020 and to a more distant prospect)], Juridicheskij mir [Legal World], no. 2, p. 31—37.
7. Ghoghoberidze, G. G. 2009, Baltijskoe more: primorskie regiony i ih morehozjajstvennyj potencial [Baltic Sea: coastal regions and marine economic potential],
Jekonomicheskie strategii [Economic strategies], Vol. 11, no. 8, p. 150—155.
8. Ghoghoberidze, G. G., Domnina, А. Yu. 2010, Vozmozhnye konflikty mezhdu vidami morskoj dejatel'nosti v akvatorijah rossijskoj chasti jugo-vostochnoj ...
The population of the Kaliningrad region and the digital economy: a sociological analysis
... Information Security], no. 3 (29), p. 55—61 (in Russ.).
42. Pekhova, L. S., Gafarova, D. A. 2020, On the development of citizens’ activity in solving local issues in the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region, Administrative Consulting, no. 4, p. 108—114 ... ... gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika. Sotsiologiya. Menedzhment [Proceedings of Southwestern State University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management], no. 5, p. 189—199 (in Russ.).
Podgorny, B. B.
digital economy, population, digital literacy ...
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
... Gorochnaya V. V. Innovation diffusion in coastal agglomerations of Western Russia // The 13th International Days of Statistics and Economics : conference proceedings. Prague, 2019. Р. 1105—1114.
23. Mikhaylov A. S., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Peker I. Yu. Knowledge ... ... European Conference on Knowledge Management. 2019. С. 738—745.
24. Pushkarev A. A. Cluster analysis of regional innovation activity in Russia in 2010—2015 // R-Economy. 2018. № 4 (1). Р. 10—17.
25. Rusetskaya O. Grouping cities based of their ...
Environmental intensity of economic growth in the Baltic Sea region
... main constraints is the threat of complete exhaustion of non-renewable resources and environmental pollution exceeding the capacity of the planet. However, the rapid spread of resource-saving technologies is reducing the environmental intensity of economic activities. In this study, I aim to examine the ecological-economic dynamics of the environmental effects of economic development in the regions of Russia’s North-Western Federal District (NWFD). I employ an extended version of Peter A. Victor’s model ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
... accession to the WTO and its possible implications is quite difficult to attain, it is both theoretically and practically feasible.
1. Vardomsky, L. B., Skaterschikova, Ye. Ye. (eds.). 2010, Vneshnejekonomicheskaja dejatel'nost' regionov Rossii [Foreign economic activity of Russian regions], Мoscow.
2. Tatarkin, A. I., Linetsky, А. F. 2009, Osobennosti i problemy integracii ekonomiki Rossijskoj Federacii v mirovoe hozjajstvo [Features and problems of Russian Federation economic integration to the world economy],...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... role of tourism and recreation in socioeconomic development and the persisting problem of the national economy’s spatial organisation amidst the absence of a clear-cut regional policy. The authors stress the discrepancy between the distribution of economic activities and the established system of settlement. This is particularly true for many historical cities, whose economic resources have been curtailed. This study provides a rationale for a more efficient use of the tourist and recreational potential ...
The functional approach to managing regional foreign economic activity
This article reveals the specific features of the transformation of functional approach when characterizing the multi-level system of functioning and
managing of foreign economic activity (FEA). The author describes the adjustment of traditional management functions (planning, organization, motivation and control) to current trends of FEA development through the example of the Kaliningrad region.
Assessment of Innovation and Investment Activity in the Region
The concept of regional innovation system builds upon prospective innovation and takes into account the subsystem generating the knowledge that regulates the context and enterprises in regional innovation activity. This article considers the importance of innovation-investment activity evaluation for the construction of regional innovation systems, technological development of the economy, more efficient knowledge distribution,
and the formation of competitive ...
The Innovation-Promoting and Economic Functions of the State: An Analysis of Interrelations (the Case of the Republic of Belarus)
... инновационной деятельности в условиях трансформации российской экономики : дис. … канд. экон. наук. М., 2003.
Stepanenko D. M.
innovation-promoting function of state, economic function of state, innovation, innovation activity, technological change, subfunction
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020, available at:
http://promcluster.ru/index.php/about-zak-cls/139-klasteri-v-zakonodatelstve.... ... V. 2015, Integration as a dominant development of border regions, Aktual'nye voprosy ekonomicheskikh nauk [Topical issues of economic sciences], no. 47, p. 109—114. (in Russ.)
21. Baturova, G. V. 2012, Regional sea economic clusters as a basis for socioeconomic ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... extensively both in Europe and worldwide. It is largely viewed as a potential strategy for societal development, aimed to increase prosperity while reducing dependence on raw materials and energy. Many businesses regard circular economy as a way to enhance economic growth and increase profits. Governments across the world actively engage in the discussion about the benefits of a transition to a circular economy and about its impact on employment, economic growth, and the environment. This paper aims to study the major issues of circular economy, to identify its advantages,...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... Petersburg Business Information Centres and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 45—57. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-4.
11. Bazhenov, Yu. N., Podshuveit, O. V. 2012, Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 4, no. 1, p. 52—59. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-6.
12. Baransky, N. N. 1980, Nauchnye printsipy geografii ...
Prospects for the development of the Kaliningrad region in the Eurasian Economic Union
Given the new geopolitical situation, increasingly more attention is paid to the further development of the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad region within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU). The author examines the future of the exclave within the EEU. The article contains an assessment of the EEU’s activity in the context of the sanction policy imposed by certain countries.
1. Информационный портал «Калининград. ru». 2016. URL:
The implementation of the federal economic policy in the Kaliningrad region
... federal economic policy is one of the most important tools for an effective social and economic development of such a unique region as Kaliningrad. The article describes the main stages of its formation over several decades and offers an assessment of the activities of the federal government. The author highlights the main challenges associated with the new political and economic reality that the region faces now.
1. Богданенко П. П. Калининградская Особая экономическая зона: результаты и эффективность деятельности // МИР (Модернизация....
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... php/Russia-EU_ _basic_ statistical_ indicators/ru (accessed 20 March 2013).
7 Vneshnejekonomicheskaja strategija Rossijskoj Federacii do 2020 goda [The external economic strategy of the Russian Federation till 2020], 2008, Minjekonom razvitija [the Ministry of Economic Development], Moscow, available at:http://www. economy. gov. ru/minec/activity/sections/foreigneconomicactivity (accessed 15 March 2013).
8. Gazoprovod «Severnyj potok» zarabotal na polnuju moshhnost' — otkrytie vtoroj vetki priurochili k jubileju Putina [Pipeline «Nord Stream» is on full power— opening a second ...
The role of the river Rhine in the formation of spatial structure of the economy of European countries (1st century BC — 19th century AD)
This article considers the main historical stages of formation of spatial economic structure of the European countries, parts of whose territories lie within the Rhine basin. The analysis covers a protracted ... ... basin countries. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the identification of the periods of increased activity in the formation of spatial structural communications of the states mentioned. The author applies the historical-descriptive ...
Typoligocal diversity of the strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: (theoretical and conceptual aspect)
... are emphasized: "place" (position), "weight" (including the actual marine economy), functionality, and economic structure. Priority attention is paid to the dynamic aspect of the typology-the grouping of "strongholds of coastal ... ... conceptual and theoretical generalizations are illustrated by concrete examples of the spatial dynamics of Russia's marine activity and the corresponding typological groupings of its "strongholds of coastal borderlands".
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
... Business Channel. Another objective of the study is to identify large businesses’ industrial and regional priorities in the maritime economy and investigate how they are transformed under the influence of geopolitical and geo-economic factors. Amid active Eurasian integration, which includes the Greater Eurasia project, big businesses are spurring the development of maritime economic complexes and the formation of sea-land economic structures, including cross-border ones. The study identifies which national coastal zones are most attractive to Russian large businesses. Special attention is paid here to the Baltic Sea and ...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... the features of the country’s confessional space. The work aims to identify historical and geographical characteristics of the formation of Sweden’s Christian space and of its current transformation. Another objective is to introduce data on the economic activities of large religious organisations into scholarly use. The relevance of this work lies in the fact that Christianity is the most popular religion in Sweden, given that it is religion that has a profound effect on worldview in a society. The article ...
The unification of economic activity concepts in education: the legal aspect
This article analyses civil and educational legislation as to the use of concepts pertaining to economic activities in education. Special attention is paid to the concepts of economic, entrepreneurial, and profit generating activities, as well as the criteria of its implementation in the field of education. The author emphasizes the need to standardize these ...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
Innovative activities underpin the economic development and competitiveness of Russian regions. This article seeks to compare the innovation performance of Russia’s north-western regions, which are among the most progressive in the country, and their available resource. A review of the ...