Big data in modern education
The paper describes possibilities and prospects of big data analysis in education given a rapid development of technology. The author explores new approaches to the modernization of the system of education, which are based on big data technologies, including unstructured data. The article offers techniques and ...
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
The article focuses on the issue of cultural organizations performance measurement. The author explains the benefits of applying a non-parametric “Data Envelopment Analysis” that is based on comparison of input and output indicators, to performance measurement of cultural organizations. Using statistical data on Russian federal theatres, the author empirically tests their performance that relates to such aspects ...
Theoretical analysis of fuzzy logic and Q. E. method in economics
... Everything (a Methodology for Quantification of Quality Data with Application and to Social and Theoretical Sciences). URL:
(дата обращения: 11.02.2019).
8. Colubi A., Gonzalez-Rodriguez G. Fuzziness in data analysis: Towards accuracy and robustness // Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2015. Vol. 281. P. 260—271. doi:
9. Godo L., Gottwald S. Fuzzy sets and formal logics // Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2015. Vol. 281. P. 44—60....
Application of dimension reduction methods in objects homogeneity evaluation: airport network analysis
... Social Psychological Attitudes, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1991.
6. Richard A. Johnson and DeanWichern, Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1998.
dimension reduction methods, discriminant analysis, posterior probability, data mining
The features of electron density behavior in the ionosphere-plasmasphere system above equatorial station Jicamarca in the end of September 2011
... are compared with GSM TIP model calculation results. The features of the electron density Ne behavior in the equatorial ionosphere and, in particular, F3 layer behavior, were identified. The agreement of the model calculation results and observation data analysis was obtained in quiet conditions and during geomagnetic storms.
1. Balan N., Bailey G. J., Abdu M. A. et al. Equatorial plasma fountain and its effects over three locations: Evidence for an additional layer, the F3 layer // J. Geophys.Res. 1997....
Changes in the Population Distribution and Transport Network of Saint Petersburg
... Networks and Street Centrality, Changchun. Economic Geography, Vol. 33, no. 10, p. 40—47.
8. Meng, Yan Chun, Tang, Cang Song, 2015, Study on the Trend of Population Spatial Distribution in Being since the Reform and Opening-up:Based on Analyzing the Data of Four Population Census from 1982 to 2010, China Population, Resources and Environment, Vol. 25, no. 3, p. 135—142
9. O’Sullivan, D, Unwin, D. 2003, Geographic Information Analysis, New York, JohnWiley&Sons.
10. Plane, D. A., Rogerson, P. A. 2003, The Geographical Analysis of Population: With Applications to Planning and Business [M], New York, JohnWiley&Sons.
11. Porta, S., Latora, V., Wang, F. H. 2009, Street centrality ...
Dependence of the equilibrium state from initial data in numerical global ocean climate model
... G., Schröter J., Zalesny V. Numerical study of the global ocean equilibrium circulation // Russian Journal of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Modelling.2003. Vol 18, N 4. P. 307—336.
10. Залесный В. Б., Ивченко В. И. Влияние ... .... Физика атмосферы и океана. 2005. Т. 41, № 3. C. 1—19.
11. Levitus S. World Ocean Atlas. CD-ROM Data Set: U. S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Environmental Satellite Data ...
Using Python Libraries for Analysis of the Customer Churn Rate of a Bank
... Bank-Customer-Churn-Modeling // Kaggle: Your Machine Learning and Data Science Community. URL:
churn-modeling (дата обращения: 23.11.2019).
Belova E. E., Tolstel’ O. V.
bank customers, data analysis, forecasting, logistic regression, Guassian naive Bayes, decision trees, KNN, random forest, Python
The problem of empirical data validity in qualitative research
A study on the problems of social family-genetic memory may contain various mistakes made by senior respondents when recalling events of the past. The analysis of empirical data should take into account such memory-related mistakes. The interpretation of empirical data requires a special approach.
. Мемуары как объект исследования // Социс. 1989. №
The concept of paradigm in the theories of R. Merton and T. Kuhn: A comparative analysis
... Мертона», состоявшегося 7 мая 2010 г. URL:
2010/05/15/1217202748.pdf (дата обращения: 14.10.2014).
paradigm, codification of sociological theory, functions of paradigm, qualitative data analysis, normal science, scientific revolution
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... stores — shopping malls and hypermarkets — are used to identify the main centres of commerce in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration. A map chart has been drawn using 2GIS and Yandex Maps geoinformation services. An important step in agglomeration analysis is the identification of residential development hotspots. FTS data on property tax base are the main source of relevant information. FTS reports contain data on the number of residential buildings and units covered by the database. Further, FTS statistics is employed to trace income and job distribution across the ...
Efficiency of a pedagogical model for preventing unemployment among Russian students: Analysis and data interpretation
This paper sets out to examine empirical implications of the multifunc-tional system applicability of unemployment preventionism among young people at colleges and universities in Russia. A statistical analysis of the data obtained proved the efficiency of experimental training contributing to the de-velopment of key professional activities in students based on the proposed model of a pedagogical system for preventing unemployment among Russian students. An interval ...
On Estimation of Rainfall Variations over the European Part of Russia
... № 4. P. 1147—1167.
Beck C., J. Grieser B. R.
A new monthly precipitation climatology for the global land areas for the period 1951 to 2000 // Climate Status Report 2004. German Meteorological Service, 2005. P. 181—190.
(Climate Data Assimilation System). [
]. URL: http://sgi62.wwb.noaa.gov:8080.
Chen M., Xie P., Janowiak J.
Global land precipitation: a 50-yr monthly analysis based on gauge observations // J. Hydrometeorol. 2002. №
3. P. 249—266.
Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fourth Assessment Report Climate Change 2007/
Bernstein L. [et al....
Chlorophyll «a» concentration in the South-Eastern Baltic Sea in summer 2018 (on satellite data)
The study focuses on chlorophyll "a"concentration variability in the South-Eastern part of the Baltic sea in summer 2018. The data of the MODIS radiometer installed on Aqua and Terra satellites were used for the analysis. The average concentration of chlorophyll "a" in the warm period of 2018 (May-August) was 3.8 mg/m3 while the average sea surface temperature was 17.7° С. The Maximum concentration of chlorophyll "a" (8.1 mg/m3) was recorded ...
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
... a comparative approach to investigate post-1991 socio-spatial trans-formations in St Petersburg and Riga — the two largest post-Soviet urban centres in the Baltic Sea region. An important result of the research is a methodology for multi-lev-a el analysis of changes in the urban environment of post-socialist cities. Data from post-1991 national censuses and population registers are used to calculate measures of social well-being in urban districts as well as to identify territorial imbalances. Compar-ative analysis makes it possible to trace the spatial patterns ...
Algorithms and software for building three-dimensional models of microseismic monitoring data
... interpolated parameters of microseismic events. The second approach uses a triangulation algorithm based on the Delaunay criterion and α-shapes method. Software developed on the basis of the proposed algorithms, offers advanced graphical tools for the analysis and interpretation of microseismic multiparameter data
1. Hajizadeh Y., Amorim R., Boroumand N., et. al. Interactive Sketch-based Estimation of Stimulated Volume in Unconventional Reservoirs Using Microseismic Data // ECMOR XIII – 13th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery. Biarritz,...
Application of the gravimetric method in the study of paleoincisions on the territory of the Kaliningrad region
... conducted across two palaeoincisions cut into the sub-Quaternary surface in the coastal area of the Kaliningrad region near Svetlogorsk. Strong local negative anomalies caused by the palaeoincisions are observed on the gravity anomaly profiles. The analysis of the palaeoincision's spatial distribution by using gravity data assumed that there is the system of intersecting V-shaped depressions rather than individual paleostructures buried in the subsurface.
1. Аносов Г. И., Дробиз М. В., Котельников К. А. и др. Рекогносцировочные ...
Matrix Representation of the Kaliningrad Regional Accounts System: Experimental Development and Modelling Prospects
... articles/article/239471 (accessed 15.09.2014).
5. Zamaraev, B. А., Nazarova, А. G. 2011, SNS i matrichnye formy predstavlenija statisticheskih dannyh v praktike makrojekonomicheskogo analiza i prognozirovanija [SNA and matrix presentation of statistical data in the practice of macroeconomic analysis and forecasting], Voprosy statistiki [Statistical Issues], no. 2, p. 1—14.
6. Zakharchenko, N. G. 2012, Ispol'zovanie matric social'nyh schetov v modelirovanii struktury jekonomicheskoj sistemy [Using a matrix of social accounts in modeling ...
Geo-demographic typology of municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... research in Russia, the US and Europe. It was concluded that despite the differences in purpose and nature of this kind of research, the geo-demographic classification remains the primary methodology in the analysis of geodemographic situation. The cluster analysis is applied to study territorial differentiation of geo-demographic development of the Kaliningrad region.
1. Sleight P. Targeting customers: How to use geodemographic and lifestyle data in your business. Henley-on-Thames, 2004.
2. Booth C. Life and labour of the people of London. L., 1903.
3. Park R., Burgess E., McKenzie R. The city: Suggestions for investigation of human behavior in the urban environment. Chicago, 1925.
4. Shevky ...
Estimation of Perspective Cultivar Samples of Medicago Varia
The article presents experimental data on six alfalfa variety tests according to two standards. The analysis of the data is adjusted to the climatic conditions of the Kaliningrad region.
фундаментальных и приоритетных прикладных исследований по научному обеспечению развития ...
Self-preservation behavior in children of 3—5 years in the conditions of family upbringing
... author gives descriptions of respondents, as well as time disposition and localisation. The article offers results of a study into health behaviour of children conducted with the help of two standardised methodologies – the mathematical and statistical data analysis and the interpretation of data analysed.
1. Алимпиева А. В. Самосохранительное поведение детей и молодежи: результаты диагностики // Вестник Балтийского ...
On the discovery of rare and extinct plant species in the Kaliningrad region
... The article contains a schematic map of new discoveries of rare and extinct species in the Kaliningrad region. A geobotanical analysis of the mentioned biotopes is conducted. The authors present preliminary qualitative and quantitative characteristics ... ... Калининградской области / под ред. В. П. Дедкова, Г. В. Гришанова. Калининград, 2010.
2. Red Data Book of East Fennoscandia. Helsinki, 1998.
3. Abromeit J., Neuhoff W., Steffen H. et al. Flora von Ost- und Westpreussen....
Effect of crystallite size of powder on NQR relaxation time
... Ran, Yu Jie, Wang Hong-zhi et al. Program algorithm research of T2 spectrum in NMR and MATLAB realization. Image and signal processing, 2nd
International Congress on 10.1109/CISP.2009.5303532.
5. Sternin E. Use of inverse theory algorithms in the analysis of biomembrane NMR data // Methods Mol Biol. 2007. Vol. 400. P. 103—125.
6. Rabbani S. R., Mendonc C., Mamania J. B. et al. Analysis of nuclear relaxation in granular systems // Brazilian Journal of Physics. 2006. Vol. 36, N 1A. P. 28—33.
7. Rabbani S. R., Edmonds ...
The detection of nuclear quadrupole resonance signals with limited data
The denoising method of the pulse nuclear quadrupole resonance (NQR) signals was investigated for the case of the small signal to noise ratio. The maximum entropy method of the autoregressive model was applied for the analysis of the experimental NQR data. The obtained results show the efficiency of proposed method in the conditions of the limited sampling rate for the limited time of the detection and digital signal sampling for the NQR detectors.
B., Barrall G.
The conceptual profiles of the oeuvre of M. Bulgakov, V. Nabokov, A. Platonov and M. Sholokhov (according to the data of the comparative analysis of frequent vocabulary)
The following article offers a methodology combining the quantitative and ideographic methods of text analysis. The contexts of frequent vocabulary help build up the "conceptual profiles" of M. Bulgakov, V. Nabokov, A. Platonov, and M.Sholokhov, which reflect the individual correlation of denotative spheres in the oeuvre of each author.
Reframing paroemias of the coronavirus discourse
Abramov, A. Dictionary of the Coronavirus Era: “Covidiots conceived coronials on self-isolation, zoomed and issued covidivors”. Komsomol'skaya Pravda [Komsomolskaya Pravda] 22 May 2020. Available at::
4221683 (data obrashcheniya: 31 december 2020) (in Russ.).
Bakhtin, M. M., 1965. Creativity of Francois Rabelais and folk culture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, Moscow, 545 p. (in Russ.).
Chernyavskaya, V. Ye, 2017. Methodological possibilities of discourse analysis in corpus linguistics. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Filologiya [Bulletin of the Tomsk State University. Philology], No 50, p. 135—148 (in Russ.).
Dobrovol'skiy, D. O., 2016. nformational structure of texts of different genres ...
The ‘hybrid model’ of Norway’s ethnic policy in its northern counties: a key to stable interethnic relations
... (a comparison of national legal systems and international contractual standards), the value and norm-driven method (ethnic policy viewed through the prism of public good), institutional method (the role of political institutions), and the secondary analysis of sociological data. We also rely on qualitative methods, namely, the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data on ethnic diasporas living in the North of Norway. As a result, we establish that the Kingdom of Norway has a unified approach to national ethnic ...
Tourism development in border areas: a benefit or a burden? The case of Karelia
... national border and the development of tourism at the municipal level. The aim of this study is to identify the strengths and limitations of borderlands as regards the development of tourism in seven municipalities of Karelia. I examine summarised data available from online and other resources, as well as my own observations. Using median values, I rely on the method of content analysis of strategic documents on the development of cross-border municipalities of Karelia. My research focuses on the tourism and recreation potential of borderlands and analyses the development of local tourism infrastructure. I describe the major ...
Kanishchev V. V., Baranova E. V., Zhukov D. S.
The article presents the results of the quantification analysis of urban riots (pogroms) of 1917—1918. The objects of the study are cities of the Russian Empire (Republic) located on the territory of modern Russia. The initial data was obtained through the content analysis of published and archival sources. The authors examined more than 600 events. The results of the study are the main quantitative parameters of the rebel movement: action forms, the composition of participants, requirements, etc. The largest number ...
On the possibile contrinution of advection into the formation of CIL in the Baltic Sea
This article offers the results of an analysis of mean annual (1952—2005) data on the temperature and salinity in the Baltic Sea published by the Institute for Baltic Sea Research (Warnemünde, Germany). The data were averaged by months, one-degree quadrants, and 10 meter-thick layers. It was found that, throughout the year,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Review of Social Research, Special issue 121, p. 71—104. DOI:
50. Serra, P., Vera, A., Tulla, A. F. 2014, Spatial and Socio-environmental Dynamics of Catalan Regional Planning from a Multivariate Statistical Analysis Using 1980s and 2000s Data, European Planning Studies, Vol. 22, no. 6, p. 1280—1300. DOI: 10.1080/09654313.2013.782388.
51. Shi-Qing, L., Rui, L. 2012, Reshaping Economic Geography of China: “Four Little Dragons” and a New Round of China's Western Development, RSA China ...
The income differentiation among the residents of Latvia in 2000—2008
This paper provides an analysis of income differentiation among the residents of Latvian regions in order to assess the government’s economic policies ... ... modeli jekonomicheskoj sociologii.Moskow.
3. Centrālā statistikas pārvalde 2009. [online] Available at: <http://www. data.csb. gov. lv/Dislog/ Saveshow. asphttp://www. lithuania. by/> (Accessed 7 August 2010).
4. Dažādā Latvija: novadi,...
I. Kant in the development of N. O. Lossky’s philosophical views: The case of a translation
... filosofskogo znanija (Lejbnic, Kant, Losskij) [Intuition as an internal prerequisite of philosophy (Leibniz, Kant, Lossky), URL: http://anthropology.ru/ru/person/malevannyy-dv/text/intuiciya-kak-vnutrennee- uslovie-filosofskogo-znaniya-leybnic-kant-losskiy (data obraschenija: 19.06.2015).21. Popova, V. S., 2010, Sravnitelnyj analiz interpretacii sillogistiki I. Kantom I A. I. Vve¬denskim [Comparative Analysis of interpretation of syllogistics by Immanuel Kant and Ale¬xander Vvedensky], Modeli rassugdenij — 3: kognitivnyj podhod [Models of reasoning — 3: cognitive approach], Kaliningrad, p. 267—281.22. Recenzija In: Shpet, G. G., 2010, Filosofskaja ...
New data on heavy metal bioconcentration on the territory of the Baltic region
... Gjengedal E., Steinnes E. Uptake of metal ions in moss from artifissial precipitation // Environmental monitoring and assess. 1990. № 14. P. 77—87.
6. Berg T., Royset O., Steinnes E. et al. Atmospheric trace element deposition: principal component analysis of ICP-MS data from moss samples // Environ. Pollut. № 88. 1995. P. 67—77.
7. Heavy metals in European mosses: 2005/2006 survey : monitoring manual. Bangor, 2005 : [site of ICP Vegetation]. URL: http://icpvegetation.ceh.ac.uk/manuals/moss_ survey.html (дата ...
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
... social'no-demograficheskie problemy SSSR [Young people and social and demographic problems of the USSR], Moscow.
19. Pyankova, A. 2013, Dannye perepisej na municipal'nom urovne: ogranichenija i problemy analiza na primere Moskovskoj oblasti [Census data at the municipal level: limitations and problems of the analysis as an example of the Moscow Region], Demoscope Weekly, no. 575—576, available at: http://demoscope.ru/weekly/2013/0575/analit03.php (accessed: 201.10.2013).
20. Berry, B. J. L. (ed.), 1976, Urbanization and Counterarbanization, Beverly Hills....
Influence of solar and geomagnetic activity on the diurnal variations of NmF2 in winter in the middle latitudes
..., Liu L., Wan W. and Zhang S.-R. Variations of electron density based on long-term incoherent scatter radar and ionosonde measurements over Millstone Hill // Radio Sci. 2005. Vol. 40. RS2008.
5. Karpenko A. L., Manaenkova N. I. Nonlinear time series analysis of the ionospheric measurements // GeologisheRundshau. 1996. Vol. 85, № 1. P. 124—129.
6. Khmyrov G. M., Galkin I. A., Kozlov A. V. et al. Exploring digisondeionogram data with SAO-X and DIDBase // Proc. AIP Conf. Radio Sounding and Plasma Physics. 2008. Vol. 974. P. 175—185.
7. Reinisch B. W., Galkin I. A., Khmyrov G. et al. Automated collection and dissemination of ionospheric data from the digisonde network // ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... between the Kaliningrad region and mainland Russia is seen not only as an economic, but also as a sociocultural objective. An analysis of the stages of the region’s exclavisation, and policies of social support stemming from the uniqueness of the economic ... ... http://db1.stat.gov.lt/statbank/SelectTable/omrade0.asp?SubjectCode=S3&PLanguage=1&ShowNews=OFF (accessed 16 August 2013).
2. Local Data Bank, 2013, Central Statistical Office of Poland, available at: http://www.stat.gov.pl/bdlen/app/dane_podgrup.hier?p_id=945797&p_token=-1666235519 ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... higher education and the principles of the Bologna process in the Russian education system], Social'naja politika i sociologija [Social Policy and Sociology], no. 5, pp. 323—333.
33. Tyurin, Yu. N., Makarov, А. А. 1995, Analiz dannyh na komp'jutere [Analysis of the data on the computer]., Moscow, INFRA-M, Finansy i statistika, 384 p.
34. Federal'naja celevaja programma razvitija obrazovanija na 2006—2010 gg. [The federal target program for the development of education in 2006—2010 years.]
35. Federov, К. ...
Implementation persistent scatterers interferometry in MATLAB environment on a high performance computer cluster
... Lin H., Li Z. et al. Interaction between permafrost and infrastructure along the Qinghai—Tibet Railway detected via jointly analysis of C- and L-band small baseline SAR interferometry // Remote Sensing of Environment. 2012. Vol. 123. P. 532—540.
12. Filatov A., Yevtyushkin A. Detection of ground surface displacements in area of intensive oil and gas production by InSAR data // Proceedings of the ESA Living Planet Symposium. Bergen, Norway. 2010. ESA SP-686. European Space Agency, The Netherlands,...
An environmental analysis of the red-backed shrike’s and barred warbler’s nutrition in the conditions of sympatric habitation in natural and anthropogenic stations
... the barred warbler and red-backed shrike in 2004—2013. The collection of data on the nutrition of altricial chicks was carried out in the Ryazan region both in natural (Spas-Klepiki district) and in manmade (Ryazan outskirts) habitats. A comparative analysis of the data showed that both species are characterized by considerable dietary plasticity. In each station, the species composition of prey and the mass concentration of trophic groups differed substantially. The taxonomic composition of the birds’ diet is ...
On the formation and dynamics of eddy at the cost of Southeaster Baltic based on the data of remote sensing
This article presents an analysis of coastal eddy in the area of Cape Taran of the Sambia Peninsula (South-Eastern part of the Baltic Sea) on the basis of MODIS and ASAR remote sensing data. It describes the location, spatial and temporal scale, dynamics and hydrometeorological conditions of eddy formation.
1. Бабаков А. Н. Пространственно-временная структура течений и миграций ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... prevailed and how visa-free travel to the Schengen Area affected the number of Ukrainians travelling to the Baltic Sea Region. Two data sources were used in the study. These are the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum and data from the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine on the number of foreign citizens visiting Ukraine and the number of Ukrainians travelling abroad. The study employs the statistical methods of structural shifts analysis, time series analysis, and graphical visualisation. The findings indicate that Ukrainian outbound tourism was growing steadily over the study period, whilst visa-free travel to the Schengen Area had no statistically significant impact on the ...
The impact of innovative factors on the development of Russian regions
... innovative goods, works and services and expenditure on technological innovations. The calculations are performed through the method of correlation analysis for thirty three regions and three federal districts of Russia. The 2000—2010 official statistical data are used. The authors substantiate the possibility of using the correlation analysis for evaluating the connection between innovative processes and regional development.
1. Орлов А. И. Прикладная статистика. М., 2004.
2. Романова О. А., Гребенкин А. И., Акбердина В....
Landscape dynamics in the Kaliningrad region over a historical period
... upland, the Neman River delta lowland, and the Pregel lake-glacial plain. E. V. Maksimov's 1850-year rhythm model was used for data interpretation.
Рельеф и четвертичные отложения Прибалтики.... ...
Lazareva N. N., Chernova G. M.
special landscapes dynamics, Subatlantic, historical period; 1850-year rhythm, spore and pollen analysis.
The principles of the concept analysis of the "male" and "female" in Russian linguistic mentality
This article offers the theoretical grounds and methods of semantic analysis of “male” and “female” categories developed on the basis of linguistic data. The author draws examples from the Russian language to demonstrate gender semantic models in Russian linguistic mentality, e. g. the general understandding of the “male” and the “female”, the content properties of these principles, etc.
The features of choosing an institutional development trajectory in Eastern Europe in the 16th—17th centuries: Moscovy and the Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth
... Rostovskogo gosudarstven nogo universiteta=TERRA ECONOMICUS, Vol. 2, no. 4, p. 111—133, available at:http://sfedu.ru/evjur/data/2004/journal2.4.pdf (accessed 20 December 2010).
13. Doroshenko, V. 1974, Trade and agrarian development in the Baltic provinvs ... ... 2010, Velikaja ognestrel'naja revoljucija [Great bullet revolution], Moscow.
institutional economy, historical analysis, serfdom, property rights, Moscovy, Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... of regional economy. In this regard, the paper provides a critical analysis of approaches to urban development indicators, indexes and rankings. The author drew conclusions about the most optimal approaches towards the formation and use of data in city management in Russia. The author used general scientific research methods (logical and structural analysis and the method of generalization), and statistical analysis (grouping, comparison and generalization). The results of the study include recommendations for city data management and for decision-making in knowledge management.
1. Бауман ...
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... in the spatial mobility of population involving growing numbers of people into international migration processes. This article is an attempt to assess the density of migration connections between European states based on the 1990—2015 quantitative data. An analysis of migration flows and relevant net migration and net migration and migration localisation at the national and regional levels makes it possible to identify key trends in the spatial and temporal transformation of this phenomenon on the European ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... focuses on a commodity flow model for an exclave region (CFMER). The CFMER development is aimed at identifying aggregate proportions of the exclave’s economy in the transitional period of the special economic zone (SEZ) functioning. The key method of analysis is the comparison of data on the generation of gross regional product and regional foreign economic activities (including export and import of goods and moving goods from/into the Kaliningrad region to other Russian regions). It results in a conceptual CFMER, which is assessed ...
Kant’s transcendentalism and concept of the thing in itself
... noumenon (sometimes, Kant uses them interchangeably). Each element represents a phase of Reduction- Realisation (Buchdahl) in the cognition of empirical data (Kant defines such phases as thingness, using the concept of ‘transcendental object’). The data are obtained through the transcendental analysis (reflection) of the process of cognition. The thesis (2) about the dual nature of the thing in itself suggests a solution to Kant’s problem of causality. The thing in itself serves as the referent of the phenomenon, whereas the noumenal thing-in-itself ...