Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
... territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities of development of coastal zones taking into account the changes in the strategic situation in order to maintain the components of marine potential of the Russian Federation at the level of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the economic development of these territories in the complex approach. The research methodology is based on the assessment ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... Approaches and progress toward effective integrated coastal zone management. In: Marine Pollution Bulletin, p. 94—97.
21. King, S. D. 2003, The coastal zone environment: a place to work, rest, play and to manage. In: Green DR, King SD, editors. Coastal and marine geo-information systems: applying the technology to the environment, The Netherlands, p. 1—20.
22. Alaev, E. B. 1977, Ekonomiko-geograficheskaya terminologiya [Economic and geographic terminology.], Moscow, 189 p.
23. Gorkin, A. P. (ed.), 2013, Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskaya ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Chmaitelly, H., Lteif, C. 2012, Holistic conservation of biocultural diversity in coastal Lebanon: A landscape approach, Journal of Marine and Island Cultures, Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 27—37.
43. Metchnikoff, L. 1889, La civilisationet les grands fleuveshistoriques.
44. Nicholls, R. J., Wong, P. P., Burkett, V. R. et al. 2007, Coastal systems and low-lying areas. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Portnews, available at: ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... territorial'nyh rekreacionnyh sistem v pribrezhnyh zonah [Management of development and geo-ecological zoning of territorial recreation systems in coastal areas], St. Petersburg.
4. Bezrukov, L. А. 2006, Kontinental'no-okeanicheskaja dihotomija v mezhdunarodnom i regional'nom ... ... Bocharova, L. K. 2010, Razvitie morskogo hozjajstva Rossii v Arktike: utochnenie strategicheskih prioritetov [Development of marine economy of Russia in the Arctic: refine the strategic priorities], candidate dissertation thesis, Moscow.
Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning
Marine spatial planning is a relatively new area of cooperation in the Baltic Sea region ... ... sustainable development. At the beginning of the 21st century, the integrated management of coastal zones and marine spatial planning emerged as a new area of international cooperation... ... resources, diverse interests of the stakeholders, and differences in national institutional systems. We describe the key stages of the process, which is regulated by the EU standards...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
The article summarizes years of experience of geosituational modelling of coastal marine systems in the Baltic Sea region and adjacent territories. Kaliningrad universities and academic institutions have done extensive research on the diversity of approaches and models of the regional geosituations as well as on identifying the most promising ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
The Baltic region consists of coastal areas of nine countries — Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany,... ... city region". The index method shows that the position of St. Petersburg in the system of global coastal cities of the Baltic region is relatively favorable in view... ... coastal city, St. Petersburg, Baltic region, ports, coastal region, global urban area, marine economy.
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
2. Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2015, Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 2, p. 89—101. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-7... ... explication, Balt. Reg., Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 28—43.
6. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016 "Marine component" of Russian social geography: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya... ... Lundquist, K.-J., Trippl, M. 2011, Distance, Proximity and Types of Crossborder Innovation Systems: A Conceptual Analysis, Regional Studies, no. 1, p. 11.
12. Broek, J., Smulders...
The use and environmental state of the Curonian Lagoon and its coastal zones
... обращения: 15.06.2018).
33. Ciesliak A., Jakubowska P., Scibor K. et al. Compendium on Maritime Spatial Planning Systems in the Baltic Sea Region. Warsaw ; Gdansk, 2009.
34. Chubarenko B., Domnin D., Navrotskaya S. et al.Transboundary Lagoons ... ....). Cham, 2017. P. 149—191. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-43392-9_6.
Domnina A. Yu.
Curonian Lagoon, delta of the River Neman, coastal area, environmental management, marine spatial planning
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... whole territories of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia and the coastal parts of Russia, Germany, and Poland. The extended definition adds the remaining... ... Lachininsky S. S., Krasnov A. I., Sorokin I. S., 2016, Polarization of the settlement system in the coastal zone of the Leningrad Region in 1989—2015, Izvestiya vysshikh... ... of opportunity or rough seas? What does the future hold for developments in European marine policy? Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical...
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
The Baltic Sea is a unique ecological system, an integral part of the global ecological system, which is in urgent need of ... ... N 108.Heavy Metal Pollution to the Baltic Sea in 2004. Helsinki Commission. Baltic Marine Environmental Protection Commission. № 108, pp. 33.
8. Ojaveer, H., MacKenzie... ... State University named after I. Kant. № 6.
15. Schiewer, U. 2008. Ecology of Baltic Coastal Waters. Berlin. Heidelberg:Springer-Verlag, p.428.
16. HELCOM (2006). Proportion...
Variability of climatic characteristics оver the South-East Baltic coastal waters in the early XXI century
... climate-driven temperature change in the Baltic Sea and its implication for cod and sprat early life stage survival // Journal of Marine Systems. 2012. № 100—101. P. 1—8.
17. Climate change in the Baltic Sea Area: HELCOM thematic assessment in 2013 // Baltic ... ... Poland // Climate Research. 2002. № 20. P. 123—133.
20. Stont Z. I., Bukanova T. V. General features of air temperature over coastal waters of the south-eastern Baltic Sea for 2004—2017 // Russian Journal of Earth Sciences. 2019. Vol. 19, № 3....
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... studies aimed at solving problems of adapting the nature management and spatial planning system to the current conditions of natural landscape transformation is based on the... ... Kaliningradskoy oblasti k khimicheskomu zagryazneniyu [Assessment of environmental sensitivity of coastal landscapes of the Kaliningrad region to chemical pollution]. In: Orlenok, V... ... Classification of costal environments in terms of potential vulnerability to oil spill damage, Marine Technology Society Journal, Vol.12, no. 4, p. 18-27.
27. Malczewski, J. 1999...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Equations in Biology. Lectures on models], Moscow, MIR, 397 p.
18. Mikhajlichenko, Yu. G. 2009, Morskie resursy poberezh'ja [Coastal marine resources], Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie resursami [Public Resource Management], no. 11, pp. 26—35.
19. Mikhajlichenko,... ... sisteme rossijskogo obrazovanija [Reform of higher education and the principles of the Bologna process in the Russian education system], Social'naja politika i sociologija [Social Policy and Sociology], no. 5, pp. 323—333.
33. Tyurin, Yu. N., Makarov, ...
Construction works impact on the vegetation in the сoastal zone of the Pregolya river in Kaliningrad
... eco-systems in the city of Kaliningrad due to the anthropogenic transformation of the coastal area from 2013 to 2018. The work identifies the modern structure of the Pregolya... ... period from 2013—2019. The associations are named in the traditions of the dominant system. It is established that the total number of species in the direct impact zone... ... 2018. Vol. 65. P. 317—372. doi: 10.1007/698_2017_107.
12. WoRMS (World Register of Marine Species). URL:
(дата обращения: 15.01.2019)...
The lithodynamic and geomorphological features of a terraced underwater slope of the Sambian peninsula (South-East Baltic)
... sediment trend from the 10 m isobath northward towards the open sea and that along the shore at a 20 m depth eastward.
1. Bird E. Coastal Geomorphology: An Introduction. Second Edition. Wiley. 2008.
2. Гуделис В. К., Лукошевичус Л. С.... ... transport from the nearshore to the basinal environment in the southern Baltic Sea: I. Processes and mass estimates// Journal of Marine Systems. 2002. Vol. 35, № 3—4. P. 133—150.
11. Jönsson A., Danielsson A., Rahm L. Bottom type distribution based on wave ...