Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... economic specialisation of northwestern cities. The migration behaviour of the population and the geoeconomic position are shown to be the main indicators of the sustainable development of a city.
Anokhin A. A., Shelest K. D., Tikhonova M. A.
cities, urban population, Northwestern Federal District, city classification, population, city sustainability
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
....), 1898, Germanija. Voennyj obzor vostochnyh oblastej [Germany. Military review of the eastern provinces], St. Petersburg.
4. GOST 17.8.1.02-88 MEZhGOSUDARSTVENNYJ STANDART Ohrana prirody. LANDShAFTY. Klassifikacija. Nature protection. Landscapes. Classification. OKSTU 0017. Data vvedenija 1989-07-01 [Standard 17.8.1.02-88 interstate standards Conservancy. LANDSCAPES. Classification. Nature protection. Landscapes. Classification. OKS 0017. Date of introduction 01.07.1989], 1989, available at: www/ ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... consists of coastal areas of nine countries — Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. The region’s hubs are the port cities located along the Baltic Sea coast. However, Peter Taylor and Saskia Sassen’s classification identifies higher status cities and ‘global cities’, which are to be considered in the global context. Seven coastal regions are distinguished within this region, whose organising centers are the global coastal cities of Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn, St....
Geo-demographic typology of municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
The article discusses the emergence and development of geo-demographic research in Russia, the US and Europe. It was concluded that despite the differences in purpose and nature of this kind of research, the geo-demographic classification remains the primary methodology in the analysis of geodemographic situation. The cluster analysis is applied to study territorial differentiation of geo-demographic development of the Kaliningrad region.
1. Sleight P. Targeting customers: ...
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... 60—70 (in Russ.).
9. Lavrikova, Yu.G., Akberdina, V.V., Dushin, A.V., Sidorova, E.N., Tatarkin, D.A. 2010, Regions of Russia: classification based on self-development, Regional’naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika [Regional economy: theory and practice],... ... RAASN [Academic Bulletin UralNIIproekt RAASN], no.2, p. 10—15 (in Russ.).
13. Lappo, G.M. 1987 Goroda i puti v budushchee [Cities and paths to the future], Moscow, 236 p. (in Russ.).
14. Beaujeu-Garnier, J. Chabot. G.1966, Traité de géographie urbaine,...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The author offers a classification of spatial networks, identifies and describes types of spatial boundaries of different types of territorial communities: ... .... № 84. P. 98—110.
33. Amin A., Thrift N. Globalization, institutional ’thickness’ and the local economy // Managing Cities: The New Urban Context / ed. by P. Healey, S. Cameron, S. Davoudi [et al.]. Chichester, 1995. P. 92—108.
34. Antonelli ...