The Belarus Business Environment as Assessed by the Management of Leading Finnish Companies Operating in the Country
Inward foreign investment stock has grown remarkably in Belarus. It increased tenfold since 2000 to reach over $14 billion by the end of 2012. According to the Central Bank of Belarus, Finnish firms have invested nearly $100 million in Belarus making Finland the sixteenth most active foreign investor in the country. Approximately 7,000 companies with foreign capital were registered in Belarus by the beginning of 2013....
From the History of the Kokand branch of the Volga-Kama Commercial Bank
In this article, I address the functions and the framework for the operations of the Kokand branch of the Volga-Kama Commercial Bank. Soviet historiography considered banks as a tool of ‘colonialism’ – both Western and Russian. Using archival data, I prove that the financial institutions of the Russian Empire took into account local circumstances and encouraged exportoriented ...
The methodological aspects and approaches to the implementation of automated management of banking resources under risk
This article presents the results of developing a universal basic algorithm and choosing a methodology for creating a software system of the automated management of bank resources for crediting using the optimum strategy for risk management.
1. Алиханов Д. В., Арунянц Г. Г. Оптимизация распределения ресурсов коммерческого банка с учетом ...
Using Python Libraries for Analysis of the Customer Churn Rate of a Bank
At the present time, competition for customers among banks is escalating. The indicator of customer churn is very important for the analysis and planning bank work. Five algorithms for calculating the outflow of bank customers are used in this article. Program codes are written in Python.
1. Что ...
The practical problems of bank card usage
This article examines the practical aspects of the use of bank cards in civil circulation. The author analyses the existing legal framework and practice of the courts and puts forward proposals concerning the improvement of legislation regulating the bank card payments.
Non-financial mechanisms for attracting and retaining customers in the banking sector
The paper considers the main mechanisms of non-financial attraction and customer retention in the banking sector. The following factors are analyzed: convenience of the bank application; speed and quality of solving customer problems; technological aspects of the bank; special client programs and privileges; the availability of banking tools. Formulated ...
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
The Declaration of the Heads of State and Government of June 29, 2012 was the birth of the European Banking Union. It demonstrated considerable and, in some ways, unprecedented support by the member states of the European Union to each other. This move was highly questioned by the public. In addition to eloquent statements about the need to break the ...
Entrepreneur’s trust in banks in terms of behavioural economics
This article considers the issues of trust in banks in terms of the rationality of clients’ behavior and behavioural economy. The author’s empirical study of 370 owners of small and microfirms located in the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship suggests that approximately 69 % of the respondents prefer ...
Cessation of right of claim under a credit agreement: the problems of enforcement
... agreement and the cases of cession restriction established by law. The author analyses the judicial practice of commercial courts and courts of general jurisdiction. It is stressed that the current legislation does not contain provisions that forbid a bank to cede rights under a credit agreement. The conclusion is made that the law provides an opportunity for alienating the bank’s rights (claims) in respect of borrowers (natural persons). The author considers the position of public authorities on ...
Bank Card Operations
The article considers civil problems of payment by bank cards and analyses the existing legal base. The author suggests methods of improving the legislation regulating payments by bank cards.
об эмиссии банковских карт и об операциях, совершаемых ...
Using CRM system to analyze the efficiency of bank employees
The paper considers the possibility of using data collected by the CRM system for working with Bank clients to analyze the efficiency of Bank employees. An analysis of the CRM system functions was performed, from which about 20 attributes were obtained for forming the employee profile and by which it is possible to calculate its integral efficiency....
National monetary policy and the role of banks in increasing its efficiency
This study aims to explore the relationship between credit institutions and the Bank of Russia in implementing the national monetary policy. Another aim is to identify the goals and objectives of the national monetary policy, as well as the means and ways to attain them. The methodology relies on both general scientific principles ...
Satisfaction of Polish Bank Employees with Incentive Systems: An Empirical Approach
... human resource management (HRM) and internal public relations make it a major management problem. The importance of this study lies in the fact that incentives affect all stages of HRM. This work reports the results of an empirical survey of Polish bank employees, which was aimed to establish to what degree incentive systems met employees’ expectations, and to analyse the impact of such incentives on employee satisfaction. The authors advance the thesis that male bank employees are more satisfied ...
Rights and obligations of the parties under a special bank account contract: Relevant issues
... Федерации об административных правонарушениях от 30.12.2001 № 195-ФЗ (ред. от 31.12.2014) // Собрание законодательства РФ. 2002. № 1, ч. 1. Ст. 1.
Erokhina M., Belaya O.
bank account regime; special bank accounts; debtor’s account in bankruptcy; direct debiting from bank account
The preservation of rare plant species in and in vitro genetic collection
Alongside the traditional ex situ plant conservation methods, the creation of gene banks in vitro is increasing in importance. The research and methodological framework for the creation and conservation of rare and valuable plant seed and meristem gene banks is being developed. In the creation of gene banks, special attention is paid ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... the region substantiate this conclusion.
1. Database of Indicators, 2013, Statistics Lithuania, available at: http://db1.stat.gov.lt/statbank/SelectTable/omrade0.asp?SubjectCode=S3&PLanguage=1&ShowNews=OFF (accessed 16 August 2013).
2. Local Data Bank, 2013, Central Statistical Office of Poland, available at: http://www.stat.gov.pl/bdlen/app/dane_podgrup.hier?p_id=945797&p_token=-1666235519 (accessed 16 August 2013).
3. Official exchange rate (LCU per US$, period average), 2013, World Bank Database,...
Global value chains in the age of uncertainty: advantages, vulnerabilities, and ways for enhancing resilience
17. Baldwin, R.E. 2016, The great convergence: Information technology and the new globalization, Cambridge, MA, Harvard University Press.
18. Taglioni, D., Winkler, D. 2016, Making global value chains work for development, Washington, DC, World Bank.
19. de Marchi, V., Di Maria, E., Golini, R., Perri, A. 2020, Nurturing International Business research through Global Value Chains literature: A review and discussion of future research opportunities, International Business Review, vol. 29, no. ...
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... stocks, OECD Factbook 2010: Economic Environmental and Social Statistics, available at:
. (accessed 13.02.2017).
3. Foreign Currency Market, Central Bank of Russia, available at:
4. Foreign direct investment, UNCTADstat, available at:
5. Average annual ...
....-правовой системы «КонсультантПлюс».
6. Информация с сайта Сбербанка РФ. URL:
(дата обращения: 16.06.2016).
Erokhina M., Primak T., Shpak Yu.
bank account, bank deposit, joint accounts, account rules, terms and conditions of bank contracts
Non-stationary polar wind in presence of magnetosphere convection
... for modeling of field-aligned motions and temperature of polar ionosphere ions taking into account magnetosphere convection. It was shown tube geometry changing have a great influence on basic parameters of polar magnetosphere thermal plasma.
Banks P. M., Holzer
The polar wind // J. Geophys. Res. 1968. Vol. 73, №
21. P. 6846—6854.
Banks P. M., Holzer
Features of plasma transport in the upper atmosphere // J. Geophys. Res. 1969. Vol. 74, №
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Zettelmeyer, J. 2009, Understanding the crisis in emerging Europe, Public Policy Review, vol. 6, no. 6, p. 985—1008.
33. Milanovic, B. 1998, Income, Inequality and Poverty during the Transition from Planned to Market Economy, Washington, DC, the World Bank.
34. Karmowska, G., Marciniak, M. 2015, Spatial Diversification of Living Standards in the Former Communist Countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans, Comparative Economic Research, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 123—138.
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
This article analyses the response of Lithuanian local authorities to the first wave of COVID-19 with a special focus on the economic support measures they took. The main goal of this in-depth study is to compare the economic response measures included in the action plans of Riga and Tallinn, two large Lithuanian municipal administrations, as well as to analyse the narrative developed in the two cities. The methodology of this research is based on the review of literature, the analysis of action...
Institutional approach to assessing the transition to a circular economy: the case of the Kaliningrad region
... prevent social resistance to such a policy, incentive schemes should be implemented on a voluntary basis.
1. Kaza, S., Yao, L., Bhada-Tata, P., Woerden, F. Van. 2018, What a waste 2.0: a global snapshot of solid waste management to 2050, The World Bank, 295 p.
2. Volcheckaya, T. S., Holopova, E. N., Grigorev, A. G. 2018, A functional description of the model for the protection of the environmental interests of the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., vol. 10, no. 4, p. 39—59....
The development of the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad in changing geopolitical and geo-economic conditions (based on the GRP analysis)
... Калининградской области. Калининград, 2007.
15. Об Особой экономической зоне в Калининградской области : федер. закон от 22.01.1996 г. № 13-ФЗ. URL:
(дата обращения: 14.11.2020).
16. Об Особой экономической зоне в Калининградской области и о внесении изменений в некоторые законодательные ...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... Trade Enhancement for the Services Sector (TESS) Project, available at:
8. Kuznetsov, Y. 2010, From Brain Drain to Brain Circulation? How Countries Can Draw on Their Talent Abroad, World Bank Institute, Presentation at the conference “Science against Poverty”, La Granja, Spain, available at:
9. Kuznetsov, Y. 2013, Main conceptual, empirical,...
Investigation of Criminal Cases Done in the Field of Circulation of Digital Financial Assets
The authors highlight the latest trends in the legal regulation of cryptocurrencies in the Russian Federation, identify difficulties associated with the investigation of the theft of crypto assets. On the example of practical situations, the authors propose a set of possible actions that need to be carried out by the bodies conducting the preliminary investigation or by the body conducting operational-search activities in the investigation of the theft of cryptocurrency. Mainly, the article focuses...
Analysis of the Possibilities of Introducing Blockchain Technology in the Banking Sector
The paper analyzes the main options for introducing blockchain technology in the banking sector. The foundations of the technology itself, its advantages and limitations are considered. The option of introducing technology in the form of a combination of internal and external blockchains with the involvement of the resources of ...
First results of the import substitution policy in the Kaliningrad region
The aim of this research work is to analyze the results of the import substitution policy of an exclave territory. The objectives of this research include the analysis of the development of agriculture in the exclave region, the evaluation of the food security level, the assessment of import substitution and its influence on the development of agriculture. The subject of this study is the policy of import substitution of the Kaliningrad region. The object of this research is the agricultural sector...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... and World
Trade Organization (WTO), Geneva, WTO Publications, available at:
25. Global Value Chains in a Postcrisis World: A Development Perspective. World Bank. Washington, D. C. World Bank, 2014, available at:
26. Haidar, J. I. 2012, The impact of business regulatory reforms on economic growth, Journal of ...
Termination of a credit agreement
This paper analyses the grounds for terminating a credit agreement at the initiative of either the bank, or the borrower. The author analyses relevant law cases. This article is intended for practicing specialists — attorneys and bank lawyers.
1. Брагинский М. И., Витрянский В. В. Договорное право. М., 2011....
The competitiveness of the Irkutsk region in the world tourism market
... области // Известия ИГЭА. 2011. № 3. С. 48—53.
22. Tourism — an economic and social phenomenon // World Tourism Organization. URL:
(дата обращения: 08.03.2016).
23. World Bank Open Data // The World Bank. URL:
. GDP. MKTP. PP. CD (дата обращения: 14.09.2015).
Solodkov M., Borisova A.
international tourism, inbound tourism, competitiveness in tourism, regional features ...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
... Federation of 13.07.2007 No 872 "On the suspension of the Russian Federation participation in the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe and in related International Treaties”], 2007, Kremlin.ru, available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/25785 (accessed 21.01.2016).
3. Koncepcija vneshnej politiki Rossijskoj Federacii, 2013. Utverzhdena Pre-zidentom Rossijskoj Federacii V. V.Putinym 12 fevralja [Concept of the Foreign Policy of the Russian Federation. Approved by President of ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... [Business News], available at: http://www.dv.ee/article/2014/6/16/6-prichin-pochemu-jekonomicheskij-spad-ne-zakonchitsja (accessed 16.06.2014).
18. Åslund, A., Dombrovskis, V. 2011, How Latvia Came Through the Financial Crisis, Peterson Institute.
19. Bank: jekonomika JeR v grjadushhem godu vyrastet na 1,8% [Bank: Economy of Estonia in the coming year will increase by 1.8%], 2014, Gazeta «Stolica» [Newspaper "Metropolis"], available at: http://stolitsa.ee/77375 (accessed 25.08.2014).
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... accounted for by the operations of Russian corporations in their home market. It is concluded that although Western sanctions target a relatively small number of Russian citizens and companies, they nevertheless affect some of Russia’s key people, largest banks, and hydrocarbon producers. Therefore, their direct impact could be substantial. Alongside the direct impact, one should consider their indirect impact, such as the tumbling rouble exchange rate and Russian banks’ increasing interest rates, which ...
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
... available at: https://www.swedbank.com/idc/financialreports/AnnualReview2008/en/adresser/adresser. html (accessed 05.03.2015).
7. Nordea, available at: http://www.nordea.com/About+Nordea/Nordea+ overview/History/51412.html (accessed 04.03.2015).
8. SMP Bank, available at: http://smpbank. bank. ru/ (accessed 03.03.2015).
9. Volkov, A. M. 2014, Transformacija shvedskoj modeli [Transforming the Swedish model], Mezhdunarodnaja jekonomika [International Economics], no. 7, p. 39—48.
10. Kulik, S. 2013,...
The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
...,en_2649_33703_39493962_1_1_1_1,00.html (accessed 10 July 2012).
15. Porter, M. E. and Stern, S. 2001, Innovation: Location Matters,MIT Sloan Management Review, Summer 2001, p. 28—36, available at: http://www.ibr.hi.is/sites/files/ibr/out.pdf (accessed 9 July 2012).
16. World Bank 2011, Key Variables, available at: http://go.worldbank.org/9PM78XYUU0 (accessed 10 July 2012).
17. World Bank 2012, KEI and KI Indexes, available at: http://info.worldbank.org/etools/kam2/KAM_page5.asp (accessed 9 July 2012).
18. World Intellectual ...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... various innovative solutions and technologies that can increase the level of well-being and the quality of the living environment. The purpose of this study is to assess the existing differences between the rural and urban population in the provision of banking, public, information and communication services as the basis for activating the innovation process. The study is carried out on urban and rural municipalities of the Leningrad region. Special attention is paid to the spatial factor in concentration ...
On some particular functions of the Palestinian national administration
... The New York Times. URL:
palestinian-election-may-be-easy-part.html (дата обращения: 02.03.2020).
6. Frisch H. Countdown to Statehood: Palestinian State Formation in the West Bank and Gaza. SUNY Press, 2012.
7. Iqtait A. Aid and its limits in Palestine // The Interpreter. URL:
. lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/palestinian-aid-dwindling-dollars-delivering-little- durable-development (дата обращения: ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
(accessed 5 August 2020).
25. Broadman, H. 2006, From disintegration to reintegration: Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union in international trade, Europe and Central Asia reports, Washington, D.C., World Bank Group, available at:
(accessed 5 August 2020).
26. Simachev, Y. V., Fedyunina, А. А., Kuzyk, М. G., Daniltsev, А. V., Glazatova, М. К.,...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... repatriation in COVID-١٩ and the transformation of migration and mobility globally. In: Migration snapshot, August 2020.
29. Moroz, H., Shrestha, M., Testaverde, M. 2020, Potential responses to the COVID-19 outbreak in support of migrant workers, World Bank Group. “Living Paper”, Version 10, June 19, available at:
. (accessed 10.09.2020).
30. Lau, L. S., Samari, G., Moresky, R. T., Casey, S. ...
Tools for evaluating the competitiveness of innovative clusters
... whether further development and financing of cluster projects are required and whether the list of supported clusters should be extended or reduced.
This article analyses the case of the Silicon Saxony innovation cluster (Germany), using the World Bank’s methodology for cluster competitiveness evaluation. Each analysis tool is provided with concrete data obtained for Germany and the Silicon Saxony cluster over the past ten years. Competitive clusters considered in the analysis are Minalogic in ...
Moral und Dogma: Alois Riehls Neukantianismus im Spannungsfeld zwischen Religion und Politik
... Nachfolger. Arbeiter-Zeitung (Wien), 29. Okt. S. 6.
Anonym, 1913. Erklärung gegen die Besetzung philosophischer Lehrstühle mit Vertretern der experimentellen Psychologie. Logos. Internationale Zeitschrift für Philosophie der Kultur, IV, S. 114-116.
Banks, E., 2014. The Realistic Empiricism of Mach, James, and Russell. Neutral Monism Reconceived. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Beiser, F. C., 2014. The Genesis of Neo-Kantianism, 1796–1880. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Benjamin, W., 1940....
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... Ten Years Later: The Region as a Nexus of Untraded Interdependencies // European Urban and Regional Studies. 1995. № 2 (3). P. 191—221. doi: 10.1177/096977649500200301.
40. World Development Report 2009: Reshaping Economic Geography / The World Bank. Washington, 2009. doi: 10.1596/978-0-8213-7640-9.
41. Watts D. J. The «New» Science of Networks // Annual Review of Sociology. 2004. № 30 (1). P. 243—270.
42. Zemtsov S. P., Baburin V. L., Kidyaeva V. M. Innovation Clusters and Prospects for ...
An assessment of the role of green belts in creating comfortable microclimatic conditions in summer
Against the background of global warming and a decline in urban vegetation, they pose a danger of overheating in summer. In this article, we stress the significance of green spaces as a principal factor in reducing the overheating of urban surfaces. We analyse a high-rise residential area in the left-bank part of the city of Voronezh to perform a simulation of microclimatic conditions in summer. The following parameters were used as background climatic conditions: the day of the summer solstice...
Elitist reasons behind the German revolution of November 1918
In 2017-2018, the historical community commemorated the centenary anniversaries of revolutions that took place at the end of the First World War. Although the revolutionary events in Russia attract greater attention, the German revolution of November 1918 is of no less interest. In this article, I set out to highlight the situation of the German ruling elite on the eve of the war. The absence of bright personalities among the country's political establishment, on the one hand, and the lack of unity...
New classes of exact solutions and consistent models of cosmological evolution
... Measurements of W and L from 42 High-Redshift Supernovae // Astron. J. 1999. Vol. 517, iss. 2. P. 565—586.
10. Чернин А. Д. Космический вакуум // Успехи физических наук. 2001. Т. 171, № 11. С. 1154—1175.
11. Banks T. Cosmological Breaking of Supersymmetry? arXiv:hep-th/0007146.
12. Witten E. Quantum Gravity in De Sitter Space. arXiv:hep-th/0106109.
13. He X.-G. Accelerating Universe and Event Horizon. arXiv:astro-ph/0105005.
14. Gonzalez-Diaz P. F. Fundamental ...
On determining the import-replacement share for mechanical engineering in the Kaliningrad region
... Primer. Durham, 2011.
18. RateStats.com. URL:
(дата обращения: 27.12.2018).
19. The Atlas of Economic Complexity. URL:
(дата обращения: 27.12.2018).
20. The World Bank. URL:
(дата обращения: 27.12.2018).
21. VI Международный форум Технопром. URL:
(дата обращения: 27.12.2018).
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
The article focuses on the issue of cultural organizations performance measurement. The author explains the benefits of applying a non-parametric “Data Envelopment Analysis” that is based on comparison of input and output indicators, to performance measurement of cultural organizations. Using statistical data on Russian federal theatres, the author empirically tests their performance that relates to such aspects as organization’s reputation, artistic excellence, maximization of access to cultural...
Fiscal policies stimulating private investment in the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad region
... Гуманитарные и общественные науки. 2016. Вып. 2. С. 75—85.
16. Шарп У., Александер Г., Бейли Дж. Инвестиции / пер. с англ. М., 2001.
17. Equity Valuation: Models from Leading Investment Banks / ed. by J. Viebig, T. Poddig, A. Varmaz. West Sussex, 2008.
18. Holyst J. A., Urbanowicz K. Chaos Control in Economic Model by Time-delayed Feedback Method // Physica A. 2000. Vol. 287, № 3—4. Р. 587—598.
19. Lorenz H. W. Nonlinear Dynamical ...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
33. Yorucu, V. 2013, Construction in an Open Economy: Autoregressive Distributed Lag Modeling Approach and Causality Analysis Case of North Cyprus, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 139, no. 9, p. 1199—1210.
34. World Bank, 2016, Is foreign direct investment (FDI) included in gross fixed capital formation? available at: